RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 10/23/18 9:34 am    ::: The Brackets Reply Reply with quote

I know it's early and we have a whole season to play, but what the hell. Might as well start a fun discussion.

If the #1 seeds are ND/Oregon/Baylor/UCONN, this is what I came up with:

Albany:
1. UCONN
2. Mississippi State
3. Maryland
4. DePaul

Greensboro:
1. Baylor
2. Louisville
3. Oregon State/Stanford
4. South Carolina

Chicago:
1. Notre Dame
2.Oregon State/Stanford(whoever is second in the Pac-12)
3. Missouri
4. USF(I'll probably get blasted for this....remember Artbest, this is for fun. It could very well be Tennessee)

Portland:
1. Oregon
2. Texas
3.Georgia
4. (B1G 2nd place or ACC 3rd place team)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/23/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think four (or 5) SEC teams in the top 16 is less plausible than USF (or only 2 ACC teams).

And the notion that there could be four SEC teams and none of them be named Tennessee also seems far fetched to me.

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/23/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I think four (or 5) SEC teams in the top 16 is less plausible than USF (or only 2 ACC teams).

And the notion that there could be four SEC teams and none of them be named Tennessee also seems far fetched to me.

I just don't see, on paper, any other SEC teams getting in those top 16 seeds. Tennessee, to me, just has a ton of holes all over the floor and very suspect coaching.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/23/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I just don't see, on paper, any other SEC teams getting in those top 16 seeds. Tennessee, to me, just has a ton of holes all over the floor and very suspect coaching.

Oh, I agree about the suspect coaching. But (putting aside McCowan) Tenn just has more raw talent than anyone else in the conference. I expect the SEC to get 3 top 4 seeds and for two of those three to be Miss St and Tenn. Mizzoo, UGA, SCar and maybe aTm and LSU, will be scrambling for 3rd in the League (note - I have no idea at all what to expect from Ky. Looking forward to their early game vs UVA to get some idea of what they are this year.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: