RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

ncaaw 2017-18 fantasy game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11924
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I gave it quite a bit of thought but I really don't think I have the time. January in particular is very busy as I am on the road and lose track of just about everything. I appreciate the changes that were made, but I felt real bad last year when I ran into some time issues at the end of the year and couldn't get back involved. It is a fun game. If my schedule is more flexible in the future I'll get back in.


Dude. WTH? You could probably HIBERNATE through the month of Jan and still do better than I do. Pull a Nike here: "Just DO it!"



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I gave it quite a bit of thought but I really don't think I have the time. January in particular is very busy as I am on the road and lose track of just about everything. I appreciate the changes that were made, but I felt real bad last year when I ran into some time issues at the end of the year and couldn't get back involved. It is a fun game. If my schedule is more flexible in the future I'll get back in.


Thanks much for checking in with us! Hopefully see you sometime in the future. And good luck to your Bears (except across the Bay) this year.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I gave it quite a bit of thought but I really don't think I have the time. January in particular is very busy as I am on the road and lose track of just about everything. I appreciate the changes that were made, but I felt real bad last year when I ran into some time issues at the end of the year and couldn't get back involved. It is a fun game. If my schedule is more flexible in the future I'll get back in.


Dude. WTH? You could probably HIBERNATE through the month of Jan and still do better than I do. Pull a Nike here: "Just DO it!"


Howee in his infinite wisdom (and subtleness being his specialty) does have a point. You could, for instance just submit your lineups for the whole month in advance and plan on making no trades or changes. You'd probably be fine as long as nobody got injured.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8593
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have I been given the number one pick yet or not? Laughing


newkid



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1184
Location: Austin, TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All right, eager owners, here is the draft order, as selected from a Longhorns baseball cap:

1. Card
2. Lynx
3. Linkster
4. Pure form
5. Myrtle
6. Tbinta
7. Adam
8. Howee
9. Matt

Have fun and good luck!!


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like a herd of turtles, we're off! Just don't take my player(s) and we'll get along just fine. Remember we still have space - until Wednesday - for one more fantasizer to join us.

lynxmania wrote:
Have I been given the number one pick yet or not? Laughing


close



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou


Last edited by myrtle on 10/29/17 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8593
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Have I been given the number one pick yet or not? Laughing


close


#2 will do! At least I’m before Howee Wink


FollowtheCardinalRule



Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 5153
Location: Denver


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crap. I got the worst pick in the draft. I wasn’t prepared for this. If only I could trade number one and five for someone’s first and fourth round picks. Fate is a prickly hedgehog, and I’m not prepared to do the evil of my first pick yet. Let me get my ducks in a row here.


FollowtheCardinalRule



Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 5153
Location: Denver


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/17 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone bite me for taking a Husky. I really didn't want to make this pick, and it was close.

Cardinal selects Katie Lou Samuelson from the University of Connecticut with the first overall pick! I will regret this choice in time, but really, I don't know what other direction to go in right now.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11924
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Crap. I got the worst pick in the draft. I wasn’t prepared for this. Fate is a prickly hedgehog.


Oh, Geeez Laweez! BooHooo! (I'll give ya a *prickly hedgehog*)

#8?? Really??!
<--(no longer likes newkid, in spite of mutual Big 12 affections)

(so help me gawd....if anybody takes my avatar.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8593
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynxmania selects Aja Wilson, South Carolina!


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4005



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster picks Ionescu of Oregon.




Last edited by linkster on 10/31/17 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Pureformofthegame



Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 470
Location: Raleigh, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G'brice Davis F Fordham


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whelp...hoping that ankle injury in August isn't an on-going issue. At this point we can't help ourselves but to take:

preseason POTY in the AAC:
F Napheesa Collier, UConn



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
tbinta



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 439
Location: Bay Area


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

selects Kelsey Mitchell,G,Ohio St



_________________
The Bay Is iN The Area
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
G'brice Davis F Fordham


Your typo is forgiven in exchange for your uncommonly brilliant taste in players.

(and apparently Fordham's game plan this year is in fact to let G'mrice Davis go the fuck off, so this should be fun, as should hearing commentators try to pronounce G'mrice)

(don't mind me, I'll kibitz when y'all pick someone from one of my many teams)



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1678
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adam selects Lexie Brown, Duke.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Pureformofthegame wrote:
G'brice Davis F Fordham


Your typo is forgiven in exchange for your uncommonly brilliant taste in players.

(and apparently Fordham's game plan this year is in fact to let G'mrice Davis go the fuck off, so this should be fun, as should hearing commentators try to pronounce G'mrice)

(don't mind me, I'll kibitz when y'all pick someone from one of my many teams)


I actually went to Fordham to see if G'mrice had a twin sister... Laughing I mean it's not impossible! Looks like Pureform is going to compete with Matt for rebounds. Rebounds (and blocks) are Matt's category of choice!



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, we're having so much fun, I don't want to stop. Have to see who I get with the second pick. Adam took Lexie who I thought might be there for me. Evil or Very Mad

Let's just keep going and if another late starter wants to join in, they can jump in at whatever point we are and catch up Very Happy One year someone actually made up a team of FA's after the end of the draft, so anything is possible!

Anybody opposed to continuing on, speak now! Wink

PS: I'm keeping a re-cap of the picks up at the top of the thread.
PSS: Also be aware that we will get shifted to page 2 at some point.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
FollowtheCardinalRule



Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 5153
Location: Denver


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
whelp...hoping that ankle injury in August isn't an on-going issue. At this point we can't help ourselves but to take:

preseason POTY in the AAC:
F Napheesa Collier, UConn


That was my top pick, but I was VERY concerned over the ankle issue. I’ll probably regret that later on.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
myrtle wrote:
whelp...hoping that ankle injury in August isn't an on-going issue. At this point we can't help ourselves but to take:

preseason POTY in the AAC:
F Napheesa Collier, UConn


That was my top pick, but I was VERY concerned over the ankle issue. I’ll probably regret that later on.


It made me a little nervous when Linkster didn't take her...like maybe those UConn fans know something the rest of us don't know. But anyway, thought it worth the risk. She came back from hip surgery a year ago really well so we know she's a tough one. I just love her 'balance'. There's also the question of how much difference Azura will make....



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4005



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A question

If a player has a dual position designation like G/F can they be used at either position? Like on Monday a G and on Wednesday a F?


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4005



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
myrtle wrote:
whelp...hoping that ankle injury in August isn't an on-going issue. At this point we can't help ourselves but to take:

preseason POTY in the AAC:
F Napheesa Collier, UConn


That was my top pick, but I was VERY concerned over the ankle issue. I’ll probably regret that later on.


It made me a little nervous when Linkster didn't take her...like maybe those UConn fans know something the rest of us don't know. But anyway, thought it worth the risk. She came back from hip surgery a year ago really well so we know she's a tough one. I just love her 'balance'. There's also the question of how much difference Azura will make....


She was high on my board but at the risk of revealing strategy I'm concerned that UConn's depth of talent this year will cut into some of last year's amazing individual stats.


Matt5762



Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Posts: 514



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I actually went to Fordham to see if G'mrice had a twin sister... Laughing I mean it's not impossible! Looks like Pureform is going to compete with Matt for rebounds. Rebounds (and blocks) are Matt's category of choice!


Yet, somehow last year I was pipped in those categories and won assists and steals instead. We shall see what this year holds...as I'm woefully unprepared I would be thrilled with a victory in any category!

I'm going to be offline for the rest of the night, so I'm going to PM my top 3 choices to myrtle so y'all can continue when Howee shows up...


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25056



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
A question

If a player has a dual position designation like G/F can they be used at either position? Like on Monday a G and on Wednesday a F?


yes.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin