RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East Coaches Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/18/17 10:16 pm    ::: Big East Coaches Picks Reply Reply with quote

It was the Big East Media Day today.

Marquette's Allazia Blockton is the unanimous BE preseason POY:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2017/10/17/womens-basketball-marquettes-blockton-unanimously-selected-as-preseason-player-of-the-year.aspx

Dee Bekelja of DePaul is the preseason BE frosh of the year

And Marquette was the unanimous choice to win the BE with DePaul a close second:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2017/10/17/marquette-is-unanimous-preseason-womens-basketball-favorite.aspx

We know who Marquette's Carolyn Kieger voted for since she couldn't vote for MU Smile.

All these expectations scare me - seems like MU does better when nobody is expecting much of anything Smile. But it does also make me excited for the upcoming season.

And Queenie - I'm sure you are not real happy to hear there's a 3 year deal for DePaul to host the BE Women's Tournament at their new arena.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 10/19/17 2:02 am    ::: Re: Big East Coaches Picks Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2017/10/17/womens-basketball-marquettes-blockton-unanimously-selected-as-preseason-player-of-the-year.aspx

And Marquette was the unanimous choice to win the BE with DePaul a close second:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2017/10/17/marquette-is-unanimous-preseason-womens-basketball-favorite.aspx

We know who Marquette's Carolyn Kieger voted for since she couldn't vote for MU Smile.

All these expectations scare me - seems like MU does better when nobody is expecting much of anything Smile. But it does also make me excited for the upcoming season.

And Queenie - I'm sure you are not real happy to hear there's a 3 year deal for DePaul to host the BE Women's Tournament at their new arena.

Marquette will be a really tough team to beat this year, but I think DePaul will surprise people. I’m not sure Dee will play enough minutes to be freshmen of the year. We are sooooooo guard heavy it’s not even funny. Millendar is back and we added Dahlman. Can’t wait for the season to start!!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/19/17 6:42 am    ::: Re: Big East Coaches Picks Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Marquette will be a really tough team to beat this year, but I think DePaul will surprise people. I’m not sure Dee will play enough minutes to be freshmen of the year. We are sooooooo guard heavy it’s not even funny. Millendar is back and we added Dahlman. Can’t wait for the season to start!!

Even though I knew expectations would be high for Marquette, I thought DePaul and Marquette might be co-favorites or DePaul might sneak into that top spot. I wasn't expecting Marquette to be a unanimous pick for the conference. I also figured Blockton had to be a prime candidate for BE POY but wasn't expecting a unanimous pick. Of course none of this really matters now - it's all how things end up at the end of the season.

I'm most happy to see Erika Davenport get preseason all-league honors - I think she's a big key for MU and has been very underrated in my opinion.

I think DePaul will be very tough and the Marquette-DePaul games will probably be quite interesting. It's a rivalry that DePaul has really owned over the years but they will be sure to be out for revenge after Marquette beat them 3 times last season.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/19/17 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder which part of Big East the conference isn't getting. But if I had a choice between dismantling the buddy system and moving the conference tournament back to the Eastern time zone, I'd pick door number 1.

Marquette's going to be so fun to watch this year.

Seton Hall's excited about their new arrivals, but let's face it, Coach Bozzella's an easily excited guy. St. John's... well, the freshmen might be good, but we have no returning consistent scorers and the linchpin of our backcourt defense transferred.

PostPosted: 10/19/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also think Georgetown is going to shock a lot of people. Venson is now eligible to play. She’s going to do some big things. Very talented.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: