RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Newsweek collects "every" Clinton excuse for loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/16/17 2:16 pm    ::: Newsweek collects "every" Clinton excuse for loss Reply Reply with quote

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-blames-sexism-russia-and-bernie-sanders-her-election-loss-685971

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/16/17 7:51 pm    ::: Re: Newsweek collects "every" Clinton excuse for l Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/16/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be fair, she is the one who keeps writing books discussing the election and holding interviews instead of retiring from the public eye and getting on with her life like Obama. Supposedly Bill basically told her it was a terrible idea to write her last book, yet she went ahead and did it.

You can't really keep yourself out there and then be made when people keep discussing you.

PostPosted: 10/16/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You have to admit that it's odd that someone who claims to hate the Hillary attention is the one bringing her up all the time here. Like this really needed a new thread?

PostPosted: 10/17/17 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is it "odd"? I don't like Trump either but I discuss him too. As do you.

I find her boundless ego and persistent denial of all personal responsibility amusing. It also reinforces what a truly horrific candidate she was and should serve as a warning to the democrats as they continue to push to the front of their pack other equally unelectable candidates.

I'm not the one keeping her in the public eye. It's one of the few things she's really good at.

Maybe you should write a letter to the editor of Newsweek complaining about their editorial decisions to continue to write about her ridiculous "I'm the Victim" tour. Sort of on the same trajectory as Spinal Tap's "Smell the Glove" tour.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/17/17 9:36 am    ::: Re: Newsweek collects "every" Clinton excuse for l Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

It's VERY telling, isn't it? Laughing She can put herself out there all she wants. It's just .... PECULIAR .... that a vociferous *hater* would denounce that action, and then....keep her presence alive here on a regular basis. Seems a bit masochistic.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is posting re HRC really equal to posting re Chump? One is a private citizen, the other, POTUS.

One can't harm you, the other is literally causing the death of 1000s of U.S. citizens.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 9:59 am    ::: Re: Newsweek collects "every" Clinton excuse for l Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

It's VERY telling, isn't it? Laughing She can put herself out there all she wants. It's just .... PECULIAR .... that a vociferous *hater* would denounce that action, and then....keep her presence alive here on a regular basis. Seems a bit masochistic.

Sorry you don't like my explanation above.

Also, along with finding her ceaseless "It's not my fault" campaign amusing, I also find amusing the hysteria directed at me by a couple of the same posters each time I mock their idol. Even if her tour wasn't worth a mention (something with which the media obviously disagrees, as they never fail to cover it), the laughable reaction here would make posting these articles well worth the minimal effort.

I guess I missed the rule about "no one is permitted to post any information or article about anyone or any thing they don't like."

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/17/17 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't we all post frequently about people and issues that bug us? There is a new Trump thread every other day about the latest stupid thing he did, or linking to the newest scathing article that highlights his incompetence. Perhaps we could all do a better job of adding to existing threads rather than create new ones, but objecting to Art's particular bugaboo seems unfair.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Is posting re HRC really equal to posting re Chump? One is a private citizen, the other, POTUS.

If she remains in the public eye holding interviews, writing books, and discussing the election, yes.

Pretending like she isn't a person of interest/consequence just because she isn't POTUS is disingenuous.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Don't we all post frequently about people and issues that bug us? There is a new Trump thread every other day about the latest stupid thing he did, or linking to the newest scathing article that highlights his incompetence. Perhaps we could all do a better job of adding to existing threads rather than create new ones, but objecting to Art's particular bugaboo seems unfair.

"Fairness" has nothing to do with it. They just don't like being reminded of what a caricature their hero has become. Since her crusade is indefensible, they attack me for posting about it as a surrogate.

Displaced aggression.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/17/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Well said.

I think this forum has lost players, fans and ratings because of the culturally politicized 2016 election. (Which may be a worthy topic in itself.) It's now become tiresome, at least to me, to have thread after tribalistic thread repeating the same partisan message about the same political figures based upon some new fact or alternative fact du jour.

It may be better to structure four general and ongoing threads: the Positive Things About Hillary Thread, the Negative Things About Hillary Thread, the Positive Things About Trump Thread, and the Negative Things About Trump Thread. Then posters can add their latest compliment or gripe, based on the facts du jour, to the appropriate thread, and readers can more easily decide which threads to read or ignore.

Do we still care about Bernie enough to give him threads? I forget.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/17/17 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

"Fairness" has nothing to do with it. They just don't like being reminded of what a caricature their hero has become. Since her crusade is indefensible, they attack me for posting about it as a surrogate.

Displaced aggression.

No, it’s simply that your crusade isn’t worth anything more than a meme. Particularly because you clearly haven’t listened to her. She’s taken responsibility. She does so in her book. She’s done so in interviews. You just like the ridiculous talking point. (Also, she’s mostly not to blame).

Justin - discussion about Clinton is fair. Foxnews/BernieBro talking points with no substance behind them (aka #clintonderrangementsyndrome ) isn’t worth any of our time.

To pretend like her story from her point of view isn’t worth telling is gross. Btw, serious people (staticians, historians etc..) say she’s far more accurate on her loss, than anyone else reporting on it. And she’s right, Democrats need to learn from what happened. Comey was specific to Clinton, gender as well, but attacks on voting rights and intense propaganda (through a foreign country) via technology will effect whomever runs in 2020 (and possibly 2018). Likewise, the press itself needs a huge wake up call.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Displaced aggression.

No, it’s simply that your crusade isn’t worth anything more than a meme. Particularly because you clearly haven’t listened to her. She’s taken responsibility. She does so in her book. She’s done so in interviews. You just like the ridiculous talking point. (Also, she’s mostly not to blame).

Justin - discussion about Clinton is fair. Foxnews/BernieBro talking points with no substance behind them (aka #clintonderrangementsyndrome ) isn’t worth any of our time.

To pretend like her story from her point of view isn’t worth telling is gross. Btw, serious people (staticians, historians etc..) say she’s far more accurate on her loss, than anyone else reporting on it. And she’s right, Democrats need to learn from what happened. Comey was specific to Clinton, gender as well, but attacks on voting rights and intense propaganda (through a foreign country) via technology will effect whomever runs in 2020 (and possibly 2018). Likewise, the press itself needs a huge wake up call.

I take it you didn't read the Newsweek article.
The list of absurd excuses just keep growing.
And the extent of her "accept responsibility" amounts to "Well I take a tiny little bit of responsibility but only after these 597 other reasons. Hey, I'm the victim here!"

Howee

PostPosted: 10/17/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Art's 'bugaboo' is his obsession about Hilary's CONTINUED PRESENCE. Yet....he continues to keep her Front and Center here. You'd think he'd be over her, but....clearly not. There's an irony here even you can appreciate. It reminds me of one acquaintance who said they actually hate Hilary BECAUSE it was her presence in the election that got the horrible Trump into office. Shocked Laughing

We posters here can be quite skilled at dissecting arguments/theories/etc., and offering counterpoints; why wouldn't we point out the apparent duplicitousness that his posts represent? I really don't care about the posts....I will always have the utmost respect for Hillary, and think no less of her for all the bullshit that may be put forth here. Hey....if my post bumps it all up to the top? Yay. I ENJOY seeing her name, and am glad to provide fodder to the trolling. I KNOW people who have worked directly with her, and she's Golden in my book.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Displaced aggression.

I take it you didn't read the Newsweek article.
The list of absurd excuses just keep growing.
And the extent of her "accept responsibility" amounts to "Well I take a tiny little bit of responsibility but only after these 597 other reasons. Hey, I'm the victim here!"

#ClintonDerangementSyndrome

PostPosted: 10/17/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I said

ArtBest23 wrote:

Also, along with finding her ceaseless "It's not my fault" campaign amusing, I also find amusing the hysteria directed at me by a couple of the same posters each time I mock their idol. Even if her tour wasn't worth a mention (something with which the media obviously disagrees, as they never fail to cover it), the laughable reaction here would make posting these articles well worth the minimal effort.

Totally predictable It never disappoints. Laughing Laughing Laughing

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/17/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

If she remains in the public eye holding interviews, writing books, and discussing the election, yes.

Pretending like she isn't a person of interest/consequence just because she isn't POTUS is disingenuous.

Who's pretending such a thing?

Trump is fucking up America. HRC is merely fucking up ArtBest's mind.

There's a difference. That said, Art (and the rest of us) can post what we want (within the rules, of course).

PostPosted: 10/18/17 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
HRC is merely fucking up ArtBest's mind.

....and it's so sad. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 10/18/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Trump is fucking up America.

Yeah they aren't equal in the amount of damage they can do the country, but the posting of them is equal. They are both equally legitimate, topical subjects (along with a slew of other things we all post on).

PostPosted: 10/18/17 5:09 pm    ::: Re: Newsweek collects "every" Clinton excuse for l Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

You rang, lurch?

So, your creepy obsession is actually with me, not Clinton. Flattering.

Also, it's cute that you think I (or anyone who has a reasonable view of Clinton), take you seriously when it comes to this topic. You've gone off the deep end.

PostPosted: 10/18/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just gets better and better.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: