RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

This may be the best retort to a Trumpism yet....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:41 pm    ::: This may be the best retort to a Trumpism yet.... Reply Reply with quote

And it's from a Republican Senator from a solid red state too.

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) is questioning whether President Trump's claim that it's "disgusting" that the press can "write whatever it wants" suggests that he is reneging on his Oath of Office.

"Mr. President: Words spoke by the President of the United States matter. Are you tonight recanting of the oath you took on January 20 to preserve, protect, and defend the First Amendment?"
Sasse said in a statement.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/355060-gop-senator-to-trump-are-you-recanting-of-the-oath-of-office

Personally, I don't think Trump has the slightest clue what the Constitution says or provides about anything. Just another area of total ignorance.

As an aside, Sasse is another guy Trump should challenge to an IQ contest. I think Trump would be about a 50 point underdog in that one.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/17 5:23 pm    ::: Re: This may be the best retort to a Trumpism yet.... Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

As an aside, Sasse is another guy Trump should challenge to an IQ contest. I think Trump would be about a 50 point underdog in that one.

That might be generous.

He might be a 50 point underdog to Forrest Gump.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 5:42 pm    ::: Re: This may be the best retort to a Trumpism yet.... Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

That might be generous.

He'd be a 50 point underdog to a dog!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 10/12/17 8:50 pm    ::: Re: This may be the best retort to a Trumpism yet.... Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

That might be generous.

Hmmm. Tough one. Actually, I DO believe that the man has a way-higher-than-average IQ. But--as discussed here at length a while back--he is NOT mentally stable.

I had an interesting conversation with a mental health care professional in Canada recently. Most Canadians I talked to were interested in discussing Trump, but were surprised to hear my opinion of his (actual) sanity. But this gentleman told me that anyone trained in mental health recognizes that Trump is firmly in the grip of a raging personality disorder. If yer average John Doe pulled his shit, there'd be no mincing words. But....money--especially scads of money--makes so many people absolutely certain that the Emperor's New Clothing is fabulous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: