RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8262
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/18 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kizer waived


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16729



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Kizer waived


Wonder when and who they pick up now? Lots of speculation who they're picking up.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56667
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/18 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Reeve is clearly looking for a vet post to replace Kizer. Larkins may be injured and McCarville out of shape or not willing to play. Who else? Hamson? Mistie Bass?


Sandrine Gruda


Suzy Batkovic in that case as well Laughing


Olga Firsova. Laughing


Gruda played in the W last season



_________________
Accept certain inalienable truths:
prices will rise
politicians will philander
you too will get old
and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young
prices were reasonable
politicians were noble
and children respected their elders
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Kizer waived


Wonder when and who they pick up now? Lots of speculation who they're picking up.


Since half of the original rumor has come true, it gives extra credence for the remaining half of the rumor.

Of course, she would have to clear the physical. I wonder if she didn’t clear it Indianapolis.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LynxFan32



Joined: 20 Apr 2016
Posts: 105



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/02/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Kizer waived


Wonder when and who they pick up now? Lots of speculation who they're picking up.


Since half of the original rumor has come true, it gives extra credence for the remaining half of the rumor.

Of course, she would have to clear the physical. I wonder if she didn’t clear it Indianapolis.

I wonder if they wait until after the 4th to sign her to a seven day contact



_________________
Hot Bod
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not seeing anything official, but it kinda looks like the Lynx put Kizer on 7-days.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20275
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're not looking very hard.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16729



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Not seeing anything official, but it kinda looks like the Lynx put Kizer on 7-days.


Doesn't make sense if her back is in bad shape. You have to wonder if Larkins isn't healthy, or they just aren't happy with anyone else available right now?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Not seeing anything official, but it kinda looks like the Lynx put Kizer on 7-days.


Doesn't make sense if her back is in bad shape.


You assumed her back was the biggest factor.

toad455 wrote:
You have to wonder if Larkins isn't healthy, or they just aren't happy with anyone else available right now?


I know you love the rumors, but that’s all it was.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

7. Svetty Beast
8. Tamika Williams
9. Teresa Edwards
10. Taj McWilliams-Franklin
11. Betty Lennox
12. Janel McCarville
13. Renee Montgomery
14. Nicole Ohlde
15. Monica Wright
16. Tonya Edwards
17. Kristen Mann Confused
18. Charde Houston
19. Nicky Anosike
20. Dev Peters

Up to date on the Lynx dartboard selection committee picks for Top 20 all time Lynx players.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20275
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess they are skipping Wiggins, then (because surely the top six are Whalen, Augustus, Moore, Brunson, Fowles and Smith). Seems a little ridiculous, whatever she said or did post-Lynx career.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16729



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Their final 6 should be:

1. Whalen
2. Moore
3. Brunson
4. Augustus
5. Smith
6. Fowles



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1504



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I guess they are skipping Wiggins, then (because surely the top six are Whalen, Augustus, Moore, Brunson, Fowles and Smith). Seems a little ridiculous, whatever she said or did post-Lynx career.


Trash talk your former employer, probably won't be thought of highly.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depending on whether they go by seniority or total impact to the team, #1 should be either Augustus or Moore. If Reeve has editorial control, I could see it being Augustus. Reeve has always seemed to favor her. Not sure if it has to do with her fibroids or otherwise.

If Maya isn’t at least #2, there could be rioting.

I would think Whalen would be #3, but Brunson just reached the all time rebounds mark, so things could get awkward.

Brunson #4.

Gotta keep the current crew in the Top 5, so Fowles #5 since she’s only been there about 3 years.

Tip of the hat to Smith at #6. She never got us close to the promise land, and her trade left us desolate, but she was the first great Lynx player.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6975
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's gotta be Augustus. She stuck it out through all the years of famine to be a cornerstone for the years of plenty. She was also the main reason the Lynx won their first Championship in 2011.

Do this again in 10 years and Maya might move up to 1, but right now Augustus is the only right choice.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
mannman



Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 1142



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I guess they are skipping Wiggins, then (because surely the top six are Whalen, Augustus, Moore, Brunson, Fowles and Smith). Seems a little ridiculous, whatever she said or did post-Lynx career.


Agreed. It undermines whatever credibility this list has.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1504



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/bloodstrib/status/1017182606574563328?s=21

Quote:
Lynx are expected to sign Erlana Larkins Thursday



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.startribune.com/lynx-to-sign-forward-erlana-larkins-to-seven-day-contract/487941951/

Quote:
Larkins last played in the WNBA in 2017, when she started 17 of 34 games for Indiana, averaging 4.9 points and 4.2 rebounds. She sustained a bone bruise in her knee while playing overseas last winter and has spent the past few months recovering. Larkins has battled ongoing knee issues for much of her career.


Quote:
Coach Cheryl Reeve has talked about using Temi Fagbenle more at the power forward position, but having a veteran rebounder like Larkins on the roster would give the Lynx more options in its fronctourt.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16729



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/lynx-to-sign-forward-erlana-larkins-to-seven-day-contract/487941951/

Quote:
Larkins last played in the WNBA in 2017, when she started 17 of 34 games for Indiana, averaging 4.9 points and 4.2 rebounds. She sustained a bone bruise in her knee while playing overseas last winter and has spent the past few months recovering. Larkins has battled ongoing knee issues for much of her career.


Quote:
Coach Cheryl Reeve has talked about using Temi Fagbenle more at the power forward position, but having a veteran rebounder like Larkins on the roster would give the Lynx more options in its fronctourt.


Have to wonder if an injured Larkins is better than an injured Kizer?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20275
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/lynx-to-sign-forward-erlana-larkins-to-seven-day-contract/487941951/

Quote:
Larkins last played in the WNBA in 2017, when she started 17 of 34 games for Indiana, averaging 4.9 points and 4.2 rebounds. She sustained a bone bruise in her knee while playing overseas last winter and has spent the past few months recovering. Larkins has battled ongoing knee issues for much of her career.


Quote:
Coach Cheryl Reeve has talked about using Temi Fagbenle more at the power forward position, but having a veteran rebounder like Larkins on the roster would give the Lynx more options in its fronctourt.


Have to wonder if an injured Larkins is better than an injured Kizer?

Kizer can't get in the rotation anyway. Part of the point of a 7-day for Larkins would be to see what kind of shape she's in to perform.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48232



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://lynx.wnba.com/news/top-20-players-6-katie-smith/?sf193770310=1

6. Katie Smith
7. Svetty Beast
8. Tamika Williams
9. Teresa Edwards
10. Taj McWilliams-Franklin
11. Betty Lennox
12. Janel McCarville
13. Renee Montgomery
14. Nicole Ohlde
15. Monica Wright
16. Tonya Edwards
17. Kristen Mann Confused
18. Charde Houston
19. Nicky Anosike
20. Dev Peters

Up to date on the Lynx dartboard selection committee picks for Top 20 all time Lynx players.


I nailed this one. Hard to see the 4-time champions (as Lynx) as anything less than Top 4, but we’ll see where the next dart lands.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin