RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think they're getting the #4 pick in a draft class people like for an RFA where it's questionable if they'd even match a straight offer sheet?

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Considering how you feel about Megdal, I’m a little surprised you have so much faith in his numbers. I don’t understand why younger players would make more than the senior players. But assuming these numbers are somewhere in the ballpark, there’s no guarantee that Howard will need max to be kept. I think you’re saying they would have $179K to pay Kizer and a rotation guard if they went with 11. So what’s the problem?

I have presented math. Your opinion of my opinion is not relevant to the math. What 11 would you go with then? I assume you mean max Howard and lost one of Fagbenle, Zandalasini or draft pick? Yes, I did say that option would work as well. So, who would you drop?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You think they're getting the #4 pick in a draft class people like for an RFA where it's questionable if they'd even match a straight offer sheet?

Yes.

If Howard wanted to just sign and see what happens I feel like that could have happened by now. And it seems the Lynx still have the cap space ATM to match and are probably posturing that they would do so.

Chicago doesn't have a starting level PF, and the coach like the type of player that can stretch the floor.

Because Chicago has two top picks they can afford to move one unlike other teams that might be making other offers.

If Chicago is going into a win now kind of thought process a player like Howard will do more for them, then getting a second top rookie, especially when they will also be adding another rookie with Coates.

If Minny is going to give up there young post of the future it is going to have to get something pretty valuable in return.

IMO Howard is edging her way up to being really good. If Chicago plays hard ball maybe they get Minny to send back their #12 pick, but I think Howard for #4 straight up in this situation could be a fair deal for both teams.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have repeatedly stated that Maya does not need a full time backup, so Zandalasini is my easy answer.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is another admittedly circumstantial piece of interest. Sylvia Fowles and Beijing met Natasha Howard and Zheijang in the WCBA quarterfinals.

Game 1 was the battle of the teammates.
https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/958040599600353280

By game four, pictures of the teammates, but no mention of them.
https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/960598958258221056

And Howard's stats are no longer on the overseas page:
http://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-overseas-tracker/

Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

If Howard wanted to just sign and see what happens I feel like that could have happened by now. And it seems the Lynx still have the cap space ATM to match and are probably posturing that they would do so.

Not necessarily. If you remember back when Maya signed her first free agent contract, she had us waiting until like May before she signed. She had me sweating buckets. Her excuse was she couldn’t find a printer or fax. She was playing in China just like Howard is now.

J-Spoon wrote:
Because Chicago has two top picks they can afford to move one unlike other teams that might be making other offers.

I guess you’re not buying that #1 for #3 + #4 rumor. Razz

J-Spoon wrote:
If Chicago is going into a win now kind of thought process a player like Howard will do more for them, then getting a second top rookie, especially when they will also be adding another rookie with Coates.

It’s Minnesota that’s in win-now mode. It’s that closing window thing. If you agree with this, wouldn’t you recommend that the Lynx keep Howard?

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard won't make much difference in the Lynx repeating though, if the Lynx can use her to build for the future in 2-3 seasons when Brunson and whay retire they should go for it.

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Not necessarily. If you remember back when Maya signed her first free agent contract, she had us waiting until like May before she signed. She had me sweating buckets. Her excuse was she couldn’t find a printer or fax. She was playing in China just like Howard is now.

J-Spoon wrote:

J-Spoon wrote:

It’s Minnesota that’s in win-now mode. It’s that closing window thing. If you agree with this, wouldn’t you recommend that the Lynx keep Howard?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

J-Spoon wrote:

J-Spoon wrote:

Rumors are rumors, speculation is speculation.

If I was Minnesota I would keep Howard.

If I was Minnesota and was going to trade Howard I would expect something pretty good in return.

If I was Howard, I don't know? Minny seems like a pretty good gig, great team support, they're perennial contenders, she'll probably get decent minutes, Brunson isn't getting any younger and Natasha can get some minutes at the 3 behind Moore as well. But it doesn't seem too crazy to think Howard might want to start or have a more crucial role.

Something that I didn't factor in is maybe Howard doesn't want to go to Chicago. I believe for a sign and trade the player has to be on board with the final destination. If Howard is OK with playing in Minny but isn't sure if the offer is there she could always sign a contract somewhere else (that she would theoretically want to go) and leave the ball in Minny's court.

But you are correct, if she wants to stay, and Minny wants her there isn't any rush to sign the contract, but considering 80% or RFA have already inked their deals it does lead to some fun speculation. (I'm assuming no one has offered Hartley anything amazing, and she and NY were just waiting to have some sort of finality to the ownership drama before she re-signs.)

#1 for #3 and #4 feels like a closer to the draft kind of trade. You have to wait and see if anyone declares. Taking Wilson at #1 seems like and easy choice for The Aces, and Chicago with their gaping hole at PF would be foolish to turn it down if it is out there, but who knows?

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.

a) It's a hypothetical dude - Howard's not officially signed anywhere yet.
b) 137k is more than enough for two players, depending on who they are and what they want.

Good to know they'll have enough Cap space for a veteran guard...

Okay, I see what you did there.... Laughing Cool

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.

a) It's a hypothetical dude - Howard's not officially signed anywhere yet.
b) 137k is more than enough for two players, depending on who they are and what they want.

Good to know they'll have enough Cap space for a veteran guard...

Okay, I see what you did there.... Laughing Cool

Hopefully the Lynx don't PONDer over the decision much longer, unless the decision has been EXTERminated..

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Yes.

Chicago doesn't have a starting level PF, and the coach like the type of player that can stretch the floor.

If Minny is going to give up there young post of the future it is going to have to get something pretty valuable in return.

IMO Howard is edging her way up to being really good. If Chicago plays hard ball maybe they get Minny to send back their #12 pick, but I think Howard for #4 straight up in this situation could be a fair deal for both teams.

Who said Chicago's involved?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m thinking Pondexter and or Kizer is headed to Minnesota. Maybe both. I saw something on twitter that said champagne will be in order when they announce who they’ve signed. Anyone hear anything about these possible signings?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I saw something on twitter that said champagne will be in order when they announce who they’ve signed.

Heh. That one might be a little cleverer than you're giving it credit for.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I saw something on twitter that said champagne will be in order when they announce who they’ve signed.

Heh. That one might be a little cleverer than you're giving it credit for.

*goes through database to search for Illinois alumnae*

(now with spelling variations)
Randy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And here I was thinking Celine Dumerc was making a comeback.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
And here I was thinking Celine Dumerc was making a comeback.

The Lynx did draft a French kid in the 2nd round last year, Lisa Berkani, but I know nothing about her, or if she's any good or not.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well you're getting warmer, but I'd be frankly stunned if anyone got it.

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about Yacobou?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, Lisa Berkani expects to report, too.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I mentioned Marine Johannès as a player that may deserve a look.

Last edited by Shades on 02/07/18 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/07/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Hmm. He said French, and you said getting warmer....

Sandrine Gruda? Celine Dumerc?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I’m thinking Pondexter and or Kizer is headed to Minnesota. Maybe both. I saw something on twitter that said champagne will be in order when they announce who they’ve signed. Anyone hear anything about these possible signings?

Who said the champagne was for Minnesota?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, how upset would Shades be if Minnesota not only traded Howard instead of keeping her, like Nerd2 said, but got no players back in return or not even a first round draft choice.....hmmmm....inquiring minds want to know! Confused

Eh, what the hell do I know anyway?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I guess we are about to find out!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard to Seattle for a 2018 2nd Rounder and the right to swap 1st Round Picks in 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 7 of 26

Jump to: