Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
With Cappie signed to the Sparks, the only hope Minnesota has now to have any guard depth at all would be to try and lure Ivory Latta. She’s the lone unrestricted free agent left isn’t she?

Ajavon is still out there. Maybe they can lure Shoni Schmimmel off the reservation. And there's an endless of supply of Brianna Kiesel level guards.

Most of them were the Dream "Player of the Week" last season.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades put Prince for #12 out there

I would do it if I was NY. I think we need to mix things up, break up the Prince/Rodgers log jam at the sg spot and open up minutes for Hartley and Boyd and L. Allen by sliding Hartley to the 2 spot half the time. Also I really want to keep Rodgers and I doubt Minny trades a 1st round pick for Rodgers after letting her go for a 3rd round pick.

Minny gets the veteran guard who can score and play a few minutes at either guard spot.

As I recall it wasn't even a 3rd round pick but merely the right to exchange 3rd round draft positions. Someone said it was the best example possible of a "bag of chips."

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree NY should deal either Rodgers or Prince, but wouldn't give either away for a #12 pick.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades put Prince for #12 out there

That was before Sparks overloaded at guard. Might be able to get Riquna, Essence, or Syd the Kid for cheaper.

J-Spoon wrote:
I would do it if I was NY. I think we need to mix things up, break up the Prince/Rodgers log jam at the sg spot and open up minutes for Hartley and Boyd and L. Allen by sliding Hartley to the 2 spot half the time. Also I really want to keep Rodgers and I doubt Minny trades a 1st round pick for Rodgers after letting her go for a 3rd round pick.

It wasn’t even a third round pick, Spooner. It was a swap of third round picks. It’s the minimum you can trade and still be considered a trade. The Lynx were obviously doing the Libs a favor by not cutting Rodgers to bi-pass the waiver system.

J-Spoon wrote:
Minny gets the veteran guard who can score and play a few minutes at either guard spot.

I could see the Lynx waiting until their turn at #12 in the draft, seeing what’s available, and if what they want isn’t there, possibly making a trade then... just like what happened when they traded #14 for Jia Perkins.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are people forgetting how well Alexis Jones played down the stretch and in the postseason?

Kizer and Jones are a good start. I agree with Richyyy that Cheryl is most likely looking at other teams' rosters and seeing what falls out of the tree.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/14/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivory Latta is still available.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
blaase22

PostPosted: 02/14/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elated that the lynx did not sign cappie.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Pass

PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Pass

Really? She is someone I have been thinking would fit well. Offensively the Lynx could use a high end 3 point shooter off the bench who can also handle the ball.

On the other hand, is Tanisha Wright still out there on the market? A top-notch defender with some handles would work as well.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Are people forgetting how well Alexis Jones played down the stretch and in the postseason?

Kizer and Jones are a good start. I agree with Richyyy that Cheryl is most likely looking at other teams' rosters and seeing what falls out of the tree.

I think A. Jones is the future in Minny, but atm she is the only back-up for both Whalen and Augustus. I think Jones will be relied on heavily this year, but I would want some other options, she would basically be getting her own minutes from last year as well as Montgomery and Perkins. Reeve's also seems like she prefers the steady hand of a vet in certain situations. I guess Anna Cruz could come back.

I guess if Minny is ready to build a little more they can draft a guard with #12 someone decent should still be there

Scaife, Atkins, outside shot at Nurse or a free falling Canada, or a wing maybe Vivians, Nared, S. Thomas, or even reach if Reeve's likes someone like Goodwyn or Flaherty.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I think A. Jones is the future in Minny, but atm she is the only back-up for both Whalen and Augustus. I think Jones will be relied on heavily this year, but I would want some other options, she would basically be getting her own minutes from last year as well as Montgomery and Perkins. Reeve's also seems like she prefers the steady hand of a vet in certain situations. I guess Anna Cruz could come back.

I guess if Minny is ready to build a little more they can draft a guard with #12 someone decent should still be there

Scaife, Atkins, outside shot at Nurse or a free falling Canada, or a wing maybe Vivians, Nared, S. Thomas, or even reach if Reeve's likes someone like Goodwyn or Flaherty.

They need another vet guard, definitely, but it doesn't have to be a point guard necessarily. So, Latta's not the only choice. I just can't see them choosing to have both their guards be so young. If Whalen or Augustus miss even one game, you just cannot have Jones starting and a rookie as the only guard backing her up. I can't see them going into the draft still not having someone either through signing or through trade.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/16/18 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Pass

Really? She is someone I have been thinking would fit well. Offensively the Lynx could use a high end 3 point shooter off the bench who can also handle the ball.

On the other hand, is Tanisha Wright still out there on the market? A top-notch defender with some handles would work as well.

Too small and not enough D for me. On the other hand, the latter, I'd be more ok with.

PostPosted: 02/26/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx sign Breanna Richardson to a TCC. She was with us in camp last year.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Signing training camp contracts for the post probably signals that the Lynx are content with their current post situation and they're just filling out the fodder.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TeamLynx Famila Schio in today's Euroleague action

Zandalasini did well, but Endy Miyem did not have a good game at all.
What stands out to me is the zero rebounds. You couldn't get one rebound in 25 minutes?

toad455

PostPosted: 02/28/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Signing training camp contracts for the post probably signals that the Lynx are content with their current post situation and they're just filling out the fodder.

And that's Kizer, Fagnenle & Miyem. I wouldn't feel secure if that's my post options off the bench.

OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx get Danielle Robinson (and Phoenix's second round pick in 2019) for our first round draft pick.

http://www.startribune.com/lynx-acquire-mercury-guard-danielle-robinson-by-trading-first-round-wnba-draft-pick/476020873/

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a curious trade, unless the Lynx think Whalen is about to retire

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OtterlyAmused wrote:
Lynx get Danielle Robinson (and Phoenix's second round pick in 2019) for our first round draft pick.

http://www.startribune.com/lynx-acquire-mercury-guard-danielle-robinson-by-trading-first-round-wnba-draft-pick/476020873/

wow.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OtterlyAmused wrote:

WOW! Risky move by Reeve. Guess she doesn't feel she can get a quality player at #12. And doesn't have much faith in Jones.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's more to come on the Mercury end

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

And on the Lynx side.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/06/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
pilight wrote:

And on the Lynx side.

WHAT?! NOOOOOOOO! 😱

adamj95

PostPosted: 03/06/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously? Wow. Not a fan of a robinson.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wtf Lynx d-rob looks closer to retirement than whay does!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 11 of 26

Jump to: