zune69 wrote:
I guess Minnesota traded Howard.

Crap. Seriously?

If the Kizer and TJJ rumors are true...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I guess Minnesota traded Howard.

Shocked Shocked Shades any insight here ?

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Heard Kizer has signed with the Lynx.

Not gonna be the only upcoming Lynx news, as I understand it...

S. Johnson or bust !

I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised

You don’t like Shenise Johnson? Confused

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:

S. Johnson or bust !

I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised

Howard for Johnson ? I think is pretty fair if thats the deal of course

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:

S. Johnson or bust !

I'm scared the Lynx are obsessed with getting rid of Howard for nothing, sort of like how the Twins were once obsessed with getting rid of David Ortiz for nothing, and we all saw how that worked out. lol

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 02/06/18 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:

S. Johnson or bust !

Howard for Johnson ? I think is pretty fair if thats the deal of course

I can live with Howard for Johnson. Smile

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shenise Johnson a) blew out her knee six months ago, and b) is an unrestricted free agent. You don't trade for unrestricted free agents. The next WNBA unrestricted free agent involved in a sign-and-trade deal will also be the first.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually...Howard for Johnson would be a waste of an asset.Johnson is a UFA......The smart move would be to sign Johnson,then trade Howard for a 1st rd pick or young player.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Actually...Howard for Johnson would be a waste of an asset.Johnson is a UFA......The smart move would be to sign Johnson,then trade Howard for a 1st rd pick or young player.

I forgot Johnson was from the 2012 draft. That's how nervous I am.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?

The Sky don't own a 2nd round pick. It was sent to ATL

Last edited by sigur3 on 02/06/18 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Shenise Johnson a) blew out her knee six months ago

Actually, it was in July.

Quote:
Johnson is expected to return for the 2018 WNBA season and make a full recovery.

https://www.swishappeal.com/platform/amp/2017/7/12/15962724/wnba-injury-indiana-shenise-johnson-tears-acl

Plaisance tore her ACL three months later in October, and for some reason Wings fans think she’ll be ready. Plaisance got a multi-year deal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/06/18 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The Sky don't own #14. It was sent to ATL

Well technically they don't own #14 because it's Indiana's and always has been. Wink

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The Sky don't own #14. It was sent to ATL

Well technically they don't own #14 because it's Indiana's and always has been. Wink

fuck!! delete this!!!

Randy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:

S. Johnson or bust !

Why should that bother you? Last season you thought everything they did was stupid?
Razz

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Why should that bother you? Last season you thought everything they did was stupid?
Razz

No. I only thought their play on the court was stupid. Smile I liked all their personnel moves.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Sky have Dolson who i think can play the 4 very well .

PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Shenise Johnson a) blew out her knee six months ago

Actually, it was in July.

Quote:
Johnson is expected to return for the 2018 WNBA season and make a full recovery.

https://www.swishappeal.com/platform/amp/2017/7/12/15962724/wnba-injury-indiana-shenise-johnson-tears-acl

Plaisance tore her ACL three months later in October, and for some reason Wings fans think she’ll be ready. Plaisance got a multi-year deal.

No we dont think she will be ready this season , but she will be in future seasons.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?

zune69

PostPosted: 02/06/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?

It's a great pickup.Kizer avg 8.3p/49% in 18 mpg in 2015 and 9.6p/55% in 17 mpg in 2016

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 02/06/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Yes she had a back injury that she was recovered from. Did well in China. Is currently in Bosnia with the National Team for 10 days. Has signed to play in Turkey for Fenerbache.

www.fiba.basketball/.../17-18/news/fenerbahce-sign-a-former-galatasaray-favorite

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.

So - they could just go with 11 players couldn't they?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Yes. But if that the most prudent move? And, if they are signing Kizer then a) she would probably be more than league minimum and b) they'd still need a veteran combo guard.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

You mean like virtually every other year? Reeve can barely find time to play 8 or 9, so having 12 has never been particularly important for her.

With Pierson, Perkins and Montgomery gone from last year's roster there was plenty of room to pay Howard if they wanted to.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 5 of 26

Jump to: