RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I guess Minnesota traded Howard.


Crap. Seriously?


If the Kizer and TJJ rumors are true...


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I guess Minnesota traded Howard.


Shocked Shocked Shades any insight here ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49340



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Heard Kizer has signed with the Lynx.

Not gonna be the only upcoming Lynx news, as I understand it...


S. Johnson or bust !


I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised


You don’t like Shenise Johnson? Confused



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Heard Kizer has signed with the Lynx.

Not gonna be the only upcoming Lynx news, as I understand it...


S. Johnson or bust !


I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised


You don’t like Shenise Johnson? Confused


Howard for Johnson ? I think is pretty fair if thats the deal of course



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3517
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Heard Kizer has signed with the Lynx.

Not gonna be the only upcoming Lynx news, as I understand it...


S. Johnson or bust !


I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised


You don’t like Shenise Johnson? Confused


I'm scared the Lynx are obsessed with getting rid of Howard for nothing, sort of like how the Twins were once obsessed with getting rid of David Ortiz for nothing, and we all saw how that worked out. lol




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 02/06/18 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3517
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Heard Kizer has signed with the Lynx.

Not gonna be the only upcoming Lynx news, as I understand it...


S. Johnson or bust !


I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised


You don’t like Shenise Johnson? Confused


Howard for Johnson ? I think is pretty fair if thats the deal of course


I can live with Howard for Johnson. Smile


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shenise Johnson a) blew out her knee six months ago, and b) is an unrestricted free agent. You don't trade for unrestricted free agents. The next WNBA unrestricted free agent involved in a sign-and-trade deal will also be the first.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually...Howard for Johnson would be a waste of an asset.Johnson is a UFA......The smart move would be to sign Johnson,then trade Howard for a 1st rd pick or young player.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3517
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Actually...Howard for Johnson would be a waste of an asset.Johnson is a UFA......The smart move would be to sign Johnson,then trade Howard for a 1st rd pick or young player.


I forgot Johnson was from the 2012 draft. That's how nervous I am.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?


The Sky don't own a 2nd round pick. It was sent to ATL




Last edited by sigur3 on 02/06/18 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49340



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Shenise Johnson a) blew out her knee six months ago


Actually, it was in July.

Quote:
Johnson is expected to return for the 2018 WNBA season and make a full recovery.


https://www.swishappeal.com/platform/amp/2017/7/12/15962724/wnba-injury-indiana-shenise-johnson-tears-acl


Plaisance tore her ACL three months later in October, and for some reason Wings fans think she’ll be ready. Plaisance got a multi-year deal.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 02/06/18 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?


The Sky don't own #14. It was sent to ATL

Well technically they don't own #14 because it's Indiana's and always has been. Wink



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?


The Sky don't own #14. It was sent to ATL

Well technically they don't own #14 because it's Indiana's and always has been. Wink


fuck!! delete this!!!


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Heard Kizer has signed with the Lynx.

Not gonna be the only upcoming Lynx news, as I understand it...


S. Johnson or bust !


I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised


Why should that bother you? Last season you thought everything they did was stupid?
Razz


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3517
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised


Why should that bother you? Last season you thought everything they did was stupid?
Razz


No. I only thought their play on the court was stupid. Smile I liked all their personnel moves.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still see Howard going to Chicago. She'd start there and the Sky really don't have anyone else at PF right now. Maybe the Sky draft G. Williams and start her, but that's a stretch. Howard for Faulkner & their 2nd round pick(#14)?


Sky have Dolson who i think can play the 4 very well .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Shenise Johnson a) blew out her knee six months ago


Actually, it was in July.

Quote:
Johnson is expected to return for the 2018 WNBA season and make a full recovery.


https://www.swishappeal.com/platform/amp/2017/7/12/15962724/wnba-injury-indiana-shenise-johnson-tears-acl


Plaisance tore her ACL three months later in October, and for some reason Wings fans think she’ll be ready. Plaisance got a multi-year deal.


No we dont think she will be ready this season , but she will be in future seasons.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3719
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?


It's a great pickup.Kizer avg 8.3p/49% in 18 mpg in 2015 and 9.6p/55% in 17 mpg in 2016


Wiseone1



Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 232



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?



Yes she had a back injury that she was recovered from. Did well in China. Is currently in Bosnia with the National Team for 10 days. Has signed to play in Turkey for Fenerbache.

www.fiba.basketball/.../17-18/news/fenerbahce-sign-a-former-galatasaray-favorite


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.


So - they could just go with 11 players couldn't they?


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.


So - they could just go with 11 players couldn't they?


Yes. But if that the most prudent move? And, if they are signing Kizer then a) she would probably be more than league minimum and b) they'd still need a veteran combo guard.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.


So - they could just go with 11 players couldn't they?

You mean like virtually every other year? Reeve can barely find time to play 8 or 9, so having 12 has never been particularly important for her.

With Pierson, Perkins and Montgomery gone from last year's roster there was plenty of room to pay Howard if they wanted to.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
I have said all along that all a team needed to do was offer a max contract to Howard and dare the Lynx to match it. Wouldn't even need a sign-and-trade. The Lynx gained space yes but they also needed to budget in room for a draft pick and Zandalasini for a full year. I estimated that they would only have about $250k left over. If they used $113k of it on Howard, then that was less than $140k left to get a quality guard and a 12th player. It could be done but the question becomes would it be done. Would you pay a bench player max when Sylvia Fowles doesn't even make that much? It also reduces flexibility for future year free agent signings.


So - they could just go with 11 players couldn't they?

You mean like virtually every other year? Reeve can barely find time to play 8 or 9, so having 12 has never been particularly important for her.

With Pierson, Perkins and Montgomery gone from last year's roster there was plenty of room to pay Howard if they wanted to.


The lower 3 were projects though, and that is still true. And this time they have to factor in Zandalasini's salary. The three lost were the regular bench rotation. Yes, Howard and a guard fit easily. But it's adding Kizer as well that has me wondering.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49340



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?


It's a great pickup.Kizer avg 8.3p/49% in 18 mpg in 2015 and 9.6p/55% in 17 mpg in 2016


What about 2017 ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.



Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about kizer, she barely played much for the Sun, didn't even get into the game against the Mercury in the playoffs. Or was she injured most of last season?


It's a great pickup.Kizer avg 8.3p/49% in 18 mpg in 2015 and 9.6p/55% in 17 mpg in 2016


What about 2017 ?


Wiseone wrote:

Yes she had a back injury that she was recovered from. Did well in China. Is currently in Bosnia with the National Team for 10 days. Has signed to play in Turkey for Fenerbache.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.



Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked



And Nerd drops the mic and walks away!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49340



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd didn’t say anything new there. She said Howard got offers. So what? Most people would assume she got offers. I said I expect the Lynx to match the best offer. The whole crux of Nerd’s argument is well they won’t be able to have 12 players. The Lynx haven’t had 12 players for a whole season for past two seasons, and have been very successful doing so. Why would they stray away from a successful formula? And paying a bench player max? I covered that in the “book” too. They were paying Perkins max, so it’s nothing new. She’s not there anymore. Pierson’s not there anymore. And if you knew Montgomery is not going to be there like you claim, that just frees up more capital to pay for Howard.

Now if you had info that Howard doesn’t want to return to the Lynx, that would useful. But that’s not what you brought. You brought failed math and failed logic.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
merlina



Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 104



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.


Yes. We all understand that you see yourself as very, very important.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.


Yes. We all understand that you see yourself as very, very important.


You know, merlina, Shades has been bullying me on this board for years. I have simply had enough of it. I am not LESS important so that I am supposed to shut up and go away. I have a big grin on my face at the moment so you cannot take me down at ALL.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd didn’t say anything new there. She said Howard got offers. So what? Most people would assume she got offers. I said I expect the Lynx to match the best offer. The whole crux of Nerd’s argument is well they won’t be able to have 12 players. The Lynx haven’t had 12 players for a whole season for past two seasons, and have been very successful doing so. Why would they stray away from a successful formula? And paying a bench player max? I covered that in the “book” too. They were paying Perkins max, so it’s nothing new. She’s not there anymore. Pierson’s not there anymore. And if you knew Montgomery is not going to be there like you claim, that just frees up more capital to pay for Howard.

Now if you had info that Howard doesn’t want to return to the Lynx, that would useful. But that’s not what you brought. You brought failed math and failed logic.


Dude you can’t bully me like you do nerd2. You have this overwhelming need to think you know more than other people and guess what, you don’t. You are a bully and a parody of an insider who gathers his info from what you read from people that think they know what’s going on. When you get one right you have to post links and shout LOOK AT ME!

Trust me. Nerd2 knows a HELLUVA lot more than she lets on here and definitely more than Shades.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7569
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.


Yes. We all understand that you see yourself as very, very important.


You know, merlina, Shades has been bullying me on this board for years. I have simply had enough of it. I am not LESS important so that I am supposed to shut up and go away. I have a big grin on my face at the moment so you cannot take me down at ALL.


Preach nerd ! Shades has its good & bad , just learn to read over it i had too . Most of the time though shades just gives his entitled opinion . Only annoying thing is when you start to discredit posters because you feel your post is more important than another. Not saying shades does that all the time though because alot of people have have been that "Bully" so i say keep it coming Shades , rather have your information than not .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23123



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amongst all the strife and confusion over other stuff, may I say that I will miss Perkins? Have always loved her feistiness and she hit a lot of big shots along the way too.

So here's good wishes for her post basketball career! Go Jia!



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I guess my thorough post that reads like a WNBA article didn’t sink in. It even has a picture of the player I wanted at the bottom of the post (that’s Kizer).

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=109


Actually, it illustrates our differences beautifully. You write a book on an analysis of a months-old article, making sure to take little digs long the way. None of you even see the very clear hint that sigur3 and I both drop that we already knew that Montgomery was leaving. Now, I know you are never going to accept that I am any more that "a notorious Storm fan who acts like an insider." But there's undeniable proof right in front of everyone that we had some sort of insider knowledge (which is different from being an insider. I do not claim to be.) We had it a week before it was announced. I can also say for a fact that Howard has received multiple offers. This does not mean the Lynx will not match, but it is not a foregone conclusion to others in the league that she will which is why the offers were made.


Yes. We all understand that you see yourself as very, very important.


You know, merlina, Shades has been bullying me on this board for years. I have simply had enough of it. I am not LESS important so that I am supposed to shut up and go away. I have a big grin on my face at the moment so you cannot take me down at ALL.


Preach nerd ! Shades has its good & bad , just learn to read over it i had too . Most of the time though shades just gives his entitled opinion . Only annoying thing is when you start to discredit posters because you feel your post is more important than another. Not saying shades does that all the time though because alot of people have have been that "Bully" so i say keep it coming Shades , rather have your information than not .


You need to understand that's no longer enough. By not directly confronting the bully, you are tacitly enabling that behavior and making it the norm. It also turns me into something I don't want to be as I get frustrated trying to defend myself. Especially given what's coming.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys, let's stay focused on... uh, the Lynx, that's whose thread this is. (I seriously had to check my browser history because of the personal frustrations taking over the page.) No passive shots, no aggressive shots. I am not in the mood for anyone's bullshit.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people here definitely do exude the attitude that their opinions/theories are more important than others. There's no rule against that.
I think most people who post here regularly have a pretty good feel for who tends to know events ahead of their official announcement, who is just trying to put an incomplete collection of pieces together to deduce what is happening, who is just guessing, and who is just wishing.

Speaking not as a moderator, but just as someone with a desire to keep this community active and diverse, I think that throwing around opinions, ideas, wishes, theories, etc. is a good thing. There's not so much fun in purely the facts. There's certainly not so much conversation or drama. My knowledge of the league isn't as good as many others here, so I appreciate most of the different viewpoints I read.

Speaking as a moderator though, this place needs to be an even playing field. Everyone has the right to an opinion. And everyone else is allowed to place as much or as little value in that opinion as they like, based on its poster's track record, or their connections, or how logical it sounds, or what facts they are citing, or whatever other criteria they want to apply.

My aim for the 2018 WNBA season is to open up this board a little more. That means encouraging new members, encouraging shy people to have their say as well, avoiding anyone with reasonable opinions & intentions from being silenced, and having a more inclusive tone in general. Whether I end up with the time & resources & powers to make that possible is yet to be seen, but that's just a heads-up for now. But it means that no one person can be bigger than the community, regardless of how long they've been here, who they know, what they know, or whatever else.

People squabbling here is a fact of life. I was tidying up out the "Yellow River" a few days ago, reading some conversations from up to a decade ago, and wow ... I'd forgotten how off the rails it could get here. I can't and won't stop people from disagreeing with each other and/or disliking each other, and I definitely don't want to limit anyone's passion for the sport or their team, but I can and must do a better job of limiting what impact that has on the boards/community.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK. one last try to inject something meaningful into this. Based on the summitthoops salary DB, Plenette Pierson must have made close to vet minimum in order to fit the salary cap. Yes, they lost Pierson's, Perkins' and Montgomery's salaries. That's $320k. They also got $20k salary cap bump to $973,600 so $340k to play with.

But, they also need to budget $43k for their 1st rounder and $42k for Zandalasini's salary. Add to that natural raises and they lost $90k of that. They now only have $250k.

If they sign Howard at max - $113k - they then have less that $140k to sign a quality rotation guard AND Kizer. Vet minimum is $56,100 so they could do it if both players sign low. But if each wants even $70k they cannot. So, that is my math and logic. They simply cannot sign Kizer AND Howard and have money for a guard.

Now, if they get rid of Fagbenle or Zandalasini they might do it because that is another $42k or so. That is my math and my logic. I am not saying they won't make it work but I am saying they will have to do more. If I could figure out a way to post my spreadsheet, I would.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Howard. Only $137k left
Pierson's and Zandalasini's 2017; Fowles and Brunson's 2018 salary approximate:
Code:
      2017   2018   Difference
1   Jones   $42,600    $43,452    $852
2   Augustus   $108,800    $110,900    $2,100
3   Whalen   $108,800    $110,900    $2,100
4   Fowles   $109,000    $110,080    $1,080
5   Brunson   $110,080    $111,080    $1,000
6   Moore   $111,000    $113,000    $2,000
7   Pick      $43,404    $43,404
8   Fagbenle   $40,470    $42,494    $2,024
9   Zandal.   $5,000    $41,202    $36,202
10   Howard   $57,420    $113,000    $55,580
11   Perkins   $113,500             ($113,500)
.   Montgo.   $90,000               ($90,000)
.   Pierson   $60,000               ($60,000)
              $956,670    $839,512    $136,788


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.


But we just heard they are bringing in Kizer. That's my point. They cannot have everyone. Kizer would be foolish to take vet min just for a bench rotation with Howard. They MUST have a guard, too.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.

a) It's a hypothetical dude - Howard's not officially signed anywhere yet.
b) 137k is more than enough for two players, depending on who they are and what they want.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.

a) It's a hypothetical dude - Howard's not officially signed anywhere yet.
b) 137k is more than enough for two players, depending on who they are and what they want.


Good to know they'll have enough Cap space for a veteran guard...


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So this only leaves them with $137k to bring in another FA? Kizer? Jackson-Jones? Pondexter? S. Johnson? I guess they'll be sticking with 11 players again.

a) It's a hypothetical dude - Howard's not officially signed anywhere yet.
b) 137k is more than enough for two players, depending on who they are and what they want.


Good to know they'll have enough Cap space for a veteran guard...


If Cappie or Latta came in at vet min they could max Howard and have $80k left. I just have a really hard time believing they would. Remember that both Perkins and Monty got traded in so they brought their salary with them.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if Howard is traded, notice I said if,

my guess is to Chicago for the #4 pick. If Chicago didn't have two picks they might be a little stingier, but with two picks Chicago can afford it, and beat out any other offer.

Howard can start in Chicago and Minn with two rookie contracts might save enough on cap space to play a 12 person roster.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49340



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering how you feel about Megdal, I’m a little surprised you have so much faith in his numbers. I don’t understand why younger players would make more than the senior players. But assuming these numbers are somewhere in the ballpark, there’s no guarantee that Howard will need max to be kept. I think you’re saying they would have $179K to pay Kizer and a rotation guard if they went with 11. So what’s the problem?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin