RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the sparks cut all the way down to 11 . Did anyone see this coming ? Shocked Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2145



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Told ya they were yanking peoples chains Laughing


boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 742
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell?
1. We need another big. Maybe they are just doing it temporarily because of salary cap issues like they have done before, and bringing someone over mid-season. I hope so because this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I wonder if Larkins somehow ends up on the Sparks. Undersized, but serviceable.
2. No Dabovic? Hmm, I would have taken her over Wiese personally.

PG: Gray/Pondexter
SG: Sims/Williams/Wiese
SF: Beard/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/Lavender
C: Parker/Vadeeva

With Lavender being overseas, that is an even thinner front line until she gets back.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8652



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
So Dabovic, Samuelson and Shakayla all waived.


So is ATL on red alert?




They should be, but they just announced the opening day roster, so probably they would rather keep Dietrick as their end of the bench player. They did pass on ShakT 2 times already in the draft. The Aces or Fever could grab her before the Dream could anyway.


hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2270



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
What the hell?
1. We need another big. Maybe they are just doing it temporarily because of salary cap issues like they have done before, and bringing someone over mid-season. I hope so because this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I wonder if Larkins somehow ends up on the Sparks. Undersized, but serviceable.
2. No Dabovic? Hmm, I would have taken her over Wiese personally.

PG: Gray/Pondexter
SG: Sims/Williams/Wiese
SF: Beard/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/Lavender
C: Parker/Vadeeva

With Lavender being overseas, that is an even thinner front line until she gets back.


yea i expected Bass to make the team. Even if just for security. We'll probably sign someone midseason like we did with Gruda last yr. Very thin at the post. Hope Maria will be in town soon. She has to be right? Who do we have as back up with Lavender still overseas? 🤔



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 742
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
What the hell?
1. We need another big. Maybe they are just doing it temporarily because of salary cap issues like they have done before, and bringing someone over mid-season. I hope so because this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I wonder if Larkins somehow ends up on the Sparks. Undersized, but serviceable.
2. No Dabovic? Hmm, I would have taken her over Wiese personally.

PG: Gray/Pondexter
SG: Sims/Williams/Wiese
SF: Beard/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/Lavender
C: Parker/Vadeeva

With Lavender being overseas, that is an even thinner front line until she gets back.


yea i expected Bass to make the team. Even if just for security. We'll probably sign someone midseason like we did with Gruda last yr. Very thin at the post. Hope Maria will be in town soon. She has to be right? Who do we have as back up with Lavender still overseas? 🤔


I read somewhere that Vadeeva is still overseas. Not sure how reliable, but if so, we are losing our home opener against Minnesota as we may only have two posts. Smh.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17681



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva is still overseas. So they start with 9 unless they can have an exemption to start.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dabovic < Weise



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
RI_Sun_Fan



Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 587



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it is worth, the WNBA Transactions page shows Maria Vadeeva as Waived. http://www.wnba.com/transactions/


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise


Lol i take Dabovic over Weise any day.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise


Lol i take Dabovic over Weise any day.


I might have wrote that wrong lol . But I take dabovic also Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise


Lol i take Dabovic over Weise any day.


I might have wrote that wrong lol . But I take dabovic also Laughing Laughing
Laughing



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise


Lol i take Dabovic over Weise any day.


Did Dabovic ever show up?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2145



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nope and she hasn't been playing much which makes me think she has some kind of injury, plus she is suspended full season.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Los Angeles Dabovic, Ana Suspended – Full Season
Los Angeles Lavender, Jantel Suspended – Temporary*

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

That makes more sense. But this doesnt Shocked

Quote:
Los Angeles Vadeeva, Maria Waived



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I guess the point of the Sparks showing Lavender as temp suspended is to show they aren’t paying her, but they don’t have the cap space to keep a replacement player.

Are the Liberty able to keep a replacement player for Vaughn?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17681



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva was announced as part of their 11-woman roster. Very odd.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Bass had a good chance to make the team but going by what Alger said Maria is a banger down low. Boom Nneka Nneka Larkins isnt a bad option to have as a another post.Weise over Dabo doesnt make sense Ana has more skills imo and I think they both make the same.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23313



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they have two posts only to start with - Nneka and Parker. They're good, but not for 40 minutes/game. So...will they pick up a post to hold them over until Vadeeva or Lavender shows up? Or who pretends they can play PF?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57578
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Vadeeva is still overseas. So they start with 9 unless they can have an exemption to start.


With any other team, I would note that there are rules about having at least 11 active players on the roster



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17681



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odd that .com lists Vadeeva as waived.




_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2145



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They changed it.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92629&start=299



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles Anderson, Jolene Waived
Los Angeles Bass, Mistie Waived
Los Angeles Dabovic, Ana Suspended – Full Season
Los Angeles Jensen, Kaylee Waived
Los Angeles Lavender, Jantel Suspended – Temporary*
Los Angeles Samuelson, Karlie Waived
Los Angeles Thomas, Shakayla Waived
Los Angeles Vadeeva, Maria Suspended – Temporary*


Made the one bigger so Nicki Collen would notice it Wink



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 05/17/18 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17681



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92629&start=299


That was a page ago. Sorry.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 13 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin