RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael Fischer named Assistant General Manager

http://sparks.wnba.com/news/michael-fischer-named-los-angeles-sparks-assistant-general-manager/

Quote:
“Michael is going to thrive in his new role as assistant general manager. He has extensive knowledge of the women’s basketball landscape including the WNBA, WCBB (college) and International leagues,” said Penny Toler, LA Sparks Executive Vice President & General Manager

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
I just read that Tolo has suffered a torn ACL at the Opals camp in Italy Sad

Shocked Sad

Wishing her the best in recovery.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
I just read that Tolo has suffered a torn ACL at the Opals camp in Italy Sad

Again!?! I can see Candace pounding the hardwood once more in sheer frustration. I love players who do all the dirty work inside, and Marianna is quite a scrapper. I hope she gets herself together again. Marianna probably doesn't deserve this title, but we need a Big Bad Syl stopper.
Does Imani wanna come home for a draft pick?

tfan

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michael Fischer named Assistant General Manager

http://sparks.wnba.com/news/michael-fischer-named-los-angeles-sparks-assistant-general-manager/

Quote:
“Michael is going to thrive in his new role as assistant general manager. He has extensive knowledge of the women’s basketball landscape including the WNBA, WCBB (college) and International leagues,” said Penny Toler, LA Sparks Executive Vice President & General Manager

Is this a first for the league - an assistant GM?

bballgrl

PostPosted: 02/16/18 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Queenie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
The only other player close to Cappie in bad-hair day is Taj. She had some 'do's' that were just 'don'ts' but you know, if a person wants to play around with their hairdo and do something different, who cares...

Taj made it look good, though.

Not always.

I don't think Taj"s hair EVER looked as bad as Cappie's!

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker showing some acting potential in this vid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SJ4cKSZOFHo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/16/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hilarious Razz Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/17/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing I enjoyed that too

PostPosted: 02/17/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 02/17/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wanna see a 1-on-1 between Kevin and Candace now! Kevin can then take on Nneka, Alana, Chelsea, and Odyssey in any order. I would even let him try and take on Syd the Kid.

The ratings should be high. The event can be entitled, "The Ladies of LaLa Shut the Mouth of Comedian."

PostPosted: 02/21/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TJJ re-signs with LA

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/21/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
I wanna see a 1-on-1 between Kevin and Candace now! Kevin can then take on Nneka, Alana, Chelsea, and Odyssey in any order. I would even let him try and take on Syd the Kid.

The ratings should be high. The event can be entitled, "The Ladies of LaLa Shut the Mouth of Comedian."

You know he and his entourage took on the UConn women. He put on a show on campus, and they all met afterwards at Gampel. From what I heard the women owned them.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/21/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
jap wrote:

You know he and his entourage took on the UConn women. He put on a show on campus, and they all met afterwards at Gampel. From what I heard the women owned them.

I remember that. Some of the starters didn't even play and the bench still outclassed them. To their credit, they seemed to respect the game enough to know they'd never win and were just having fun with it.

jap

PostPosted: 02/21/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
jap wrote:

I remember that. Some of the starters didn't even play and the bench still outclassed them. To their credit, they seemed to respect the game enough to know they'd never win and were just having fun with it.

Kevin has the fact that he is a comedian going for him; so he knows no one will ever take him seriously. Now if Candace's daughter, Laila, takes him down, it's a whole other ball of wax. Razz

PostPosted: 02/21/18 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray/Pondexter
Sims/Dabovic
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/TJJ
Parker/Lavender

That is 11 players

Assuming they cut or trade R. Williams for a future 2nd or 3rd round pick can they afford their own pick at #11 as the 12th roster spot? Or would someone above have to be cut so they could put pick #11 on the roster?

Could they take Vadeeva at #11 and hope she doesn't come until 2019? or does TJJ or Carson lose their job for the draft pick?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/21/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Gray/Pondexter
Sims/Dabovic
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/TJJ
Parker/Lavender

That is 11 players

Assuming they cut or trade R. Williams for a future 2nd or 3rd round pick can they afford their own pick at #11 as the 12th roster spot? Or would someone above have to be cut so they could put pick #11 on the roster?

Could they take Vadeeva at #11 and hope she doesn't come until 2019? or does TJJ or Carson lose their job for the draft pick?

Thats a scary team! Shocked

PostPosted: 02/22/18 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Gray/Pondexter
Sims/Dabovic
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/TJJ
Parker/Lavender

That is 11 players

It’s not a well-balanced team so it’s very unlikely.

That roster has 7 guards, some of which could be SF’s but none resemble a post player. Do you really want to go into a season favored to win the championship and screw up by only having 4 post players with no backup SF who could play the post in a pinch? If Minnesota wasn’t so old they could try to get away with it because Maya could play PF, but for Sparks with this roster, it’s such a bad idea that I hope Agler does it.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/22/18 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Gray/Pondexter
Sims/Dabovic
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/TJJ
Parker/Lavender

That is 11 players

It’s not a well-balanced team so it’s very unlikely.

That roster has 7 guards, some of which could be SF’s but none resemble a post player. Do you really want to go into a season favored to win the championship and screw up by only having 4 post players with no backup SF who could play the post in a pinch? If Minnesota wasn’t so old they could try to get away with it because Maya could play PF, but for Sparks with this roster, it’s such a bad idea that I hope Agler does it.

But the only way to get a 5th post is to draft one and make another cut. Unless the consensus is wrong and they can afford 12 players, then they can simply add 1 more post through the draft but even adding a rookie to the above 12 looks really expensive IMO. The only other option would be a trade of a guard from the ones listed above for a post of similar value or a two for one trade for a post that includes the already assumed cut Williams and one of the guards above.

Let's see Laimbeer like bringing in vets he has coached before maybe Carson for Coffey or Hamby? Or the #13 pick, maybe adding 11 and 13 is enough cheaper contracts, but does Vegas need Carson?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/18 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have the details in front of me but I really doubt they can just cut Riquna Williams for free. They acquired her when she was a commodity, so that money's probably guaranteed. Better hope they can find someone who still wants her, even if it's for virtually nothing.

PostPosted: 02/22/18 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I don't have the details in front of me but I really doubt they can just cut Riquna Williams for free. They acquired her when she was a commodity, so that money's probably guaranteed. Better hope they can find someone who still wants her, even if it's for virtually nothing.

According to Magdal's spreadsheet she is getting paid $113k w 100% protection for lack skill, injury or illness in 2018. FWIW.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/22/18 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I were Williams,i'd get permission from the Sparks to talk to another team.Once Williams comes to an agreement,negotiate a 75k buyout....Williams gets paid from two team,and gets an opportunity to play....Sparks can use the leftover money from Williams' contract to sign a player after the all-star break.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If I were Williams,i'd get permission from the Sparks to talk to another team.Once Williams comes to an agreement,negotiate a 75k buyout....Williams gets paid from two team,and gets an opportunity to play....Sparks can use the leftover money from Williams' contract to sign a player after the all-star break.

That's the way the 'divorce agreements' often tend to work out - get enough from the first team to make up the difference with a base salary somewhere else. The problem for LA is that if you give her a 75k buyout, that 75k goes on your cap. They save a lot more space if they can find someone to just take her.

PostPosted: 02/22/18 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

That's the way the 'divorce agreements' often tend to work out - get enough from the first team to make up the difference with a base salary somewhere else. The problem for LA is that if you give her a 75k buyout, that 75k goes on your cap. They save a lot more space if they can find someone to just take her.

Have the Sparks even got the space for that 75k? Nneka, Parker, Beard, Carson and Lavender (or close to) on the max and Sims and Gray coming up soon

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Have the Sparks even got the space for that 75k? Nneka, Parker, Beard, Carson and Lavender (or close to) on the max and Sims and Gray coming up soon

Sims is already at max. I’m thinking Pondexter signed for cheap because she wanted to be in LA and nobody else seemed to want her. TJJ is vet min. Carson is probably on the high side. Wiese and Gray on rook contract. Dabovic getting paid like a rookie. Without RWilliams, they might be slightly cheaper than the Lynx roster last year.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/22/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Williams to Indiana or Washington for an '18 or '19 2nd rounder. Realistically i don't see Thibault making this deal, although Washington could use scoring from the guard position. If Indiana doesn't take Mitchell #2 I can see them being interested in BayBay.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 6 of 22

Jump to: