RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 02/14/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt the Sparks have the cap for 12 players.

PG: Gray/Pondexter
SG: Sims/Dabovic/Wiese
SF: Beard/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/draft pick
C: Parker/Lavender

Williams gets traded for a 2019 pick.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
blaase22

PostPosted: 02/14/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Second round pick? Aint no one dumb enough to give up a first one in a strong draft for her.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/14/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

7-4 would be an awfully shaky way to balance perimeter-post. You've even got a couple of post players who've played the 3 before, but zero perimeter players who look anything like posts. They might have to swallow hard and do something with one of the seven, even after shifting Williams.

ETA: It's also already looking like a pretty awful camp to be in for the likes of Karlie Samuelson and Jolene Anderson. Might have a better chance to make the roster virtually anywhere else.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

7-4 would be an awfully shaky way to balance perimeter-post. You've even got a couple of post players who've played the 3 before, but zero perimeter players who look anything like posts. They might have to swallow hard and do something with one of the seven, even after shifting Williams.

ETA: It's also already looking like a pretty awful camp to be in for the likes of Karlie Samuelson and Jolene Anderson. Might have a better chance to make the roster virtually anywhere else.

That's true of practically every training camp invitee for the Sparks.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/14/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Stop before you ruin another team.

I'm really convinced Cappie has ran over your dog, the animosity you have for her is hilarious. Laughing

I have zero love for a person who refers to people of Japanese descent as "Japs." Glad you think it's so hilarious.

Crappie is just vile. And I only looked at the pic after Queenie threw it some serious shade.

~rAf
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/14/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only other player close to Cappie in bad-hair day is Taj. She had some 'do's' that were just 'don'ts' but you know, if a person wants to play around with their hairdo and do something different, who cares...

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
something like

Gray/Dabovic
Sims/Pondexter/R. Williams
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/#11
Parker/Lavender

Billings or Vadeeva at #11

Can they just cut R. Williams?

Do you think going with only 4 posts, one of them being a rookie, is a good idea?

tbh no I do not think it is a good idea, but looking at the roster it looks like what could happen. I've got twelve listed above which might be too expensive so LA might already have to drop one vet guard (R. Williams or Carson) I don't see any other guard/wings getting cut so unless there is a trade of a guard for a post I'm not sure how they get the 5th post. Maybe if the league continues to go more perimeter you could experiment with Weise or Carson as an undersized 4? Also with Carson being able to play the 3 I think Williams is more expendable.

Is there a team with enough posts that they would trade a 4th or 5th post for R. Williams? (I'm not including Weise because I think LA needs her rookie contract.

R. Williams for Hamby, Coffey or Dos Santos?

R. Williams and #11 for Harrison? (Harrison is still on her rookie deal, and you grab another post who gets waive,)

R. Williams for Bulgak or B. Graves (both reserved players with Chicago, I can already hear the Chicago fans saying keep Williams away from the Sky.)

Does Indy have any deep posts E. Williams for Hamson? (Wasn't she already in LA?)

R. Williams for the #14 pick (Would Agler take two post rookies say Billings/Vadeeva at 11 and Mavunga at 14?)

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA needs a post player who can defend Syl. If not, she can go off like she did in games 4 and 5.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
LA needs a post player who can defend Syl. If not, she can go off like she did in games 4 and 5.

Good luck with that

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
something like

Gray/Dabovic
Sims/Pondexter/R. Williams
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/#11
Parker/Lavender

Billings or Vadeeva at #11

Can they just cut R. Williams?

Do you think going with only 4 posts, one of them being a rookie, is a good idea?

tbh no I do not think it is a good idea, but looking at the roster it looks like what could happen. I've got twelve listed above which might be too expensive so LA might already have to drop one vet guard (R. Williams or Carson) I don't see any other guard/wings getting cut so unless there is a trade of a guard for a post I'm not sure how they get the 5th post. Maybe if the league continues to go more perimeter you could experiment with Weise or Carson as an undersized 4? Also with Carson being able to play the 3 I think Williams is more expendable.

Is there a team with enough posts that they would trade a 4th or 5th post for R. Williams? (I'm not including Weise because I think LA needs her rookie contract.

R. Williams for Hamby, Coffey or Dos Santos?

R. Williams and #11 for Harrison? (Harrison is still on her rookie deal, and you grab another post who gets waive,)

R. Williams for Bulgak or B. Graves (both reserved players with Chicago, I can already hear the Chicago fans saying keep Williams away from the Sky.)

Does Indy have any deep posts E. Williams for Hamson? (Wasn't she already in LA?)

R. Williams for the #14 pick (Would Agler take two post rookies say Billings/Vadeeva at 11 and Mavunga at 14?)

With an 11th pick as post #4, then the Sparks DEFINITELY need to trade for a vet. Even a vet in the last few years of their playing career. As far as younger posts, I love Harrison. She'd make a great Spark.

I don't think Indy has posts to spare. Especially posts with height who would help LA.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks went with four posts for most of last season. They didn't sign Gruda until the end of July and she barely played at all, including all of one minute in the playoffs.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Sparks went with four posts for most of last season. They didn't sign Gruda until the end of July and she barely played at all, including all of one minute in the playoffs.

They had Ibekwe and even Diarra around as emergency options after the base four, though. It'd be pretty rare to only have four players on the roster who've ever played any post minutes whatsoever.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

They had Ibekwe and even Diarra around as emergency options after the base four, though. It'd be pretty rare to only have four players on the roster who've ever played any post minutes whatsoever.

So, bring one of them back again. I'm sure Diarra can do what she did last year as well as anyone can.

PostPosted: 02/14/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I have zero love for a person who refers to people of Japanese descent as "Japs." Glad you think it's so hilarious.

I don’t find racist remarks hilarious, but saying Cappie is ruining teams was laughable at best, IMO.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the Sparks would have found a way to get Hollywood Liz and have her sit atop of Big Bad Syl all game long, but crazy Liz actually appears to be serious about playing for Dallas for once. Cool

#NATC

PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
I thought the Sparks would have found a way to get Hollywood Liz and have her sit atop of Big Bad Syl all game long, but crazy Liz actually appears to be serious about playing for Dallas for once. Cool

You know she'd still rather be in LA though, right? Wink Don't stop believing.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe someone like Angel Robinson?

R. Williams for A. Robinson?

Would Agler give TJJ another shot?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Would Agler give TJJ another shot?

Agler let his second best player foul out early in the 4th quarter of Game 5 rather than let Jackson-Jones play any meaningful minutes, or any minutes at all. Who would want to play for a coach that has that little faith in their ability?

For that matter, if the coach treats his 4th post that way how desperate would a player have to be to sign up to be the 5th post on that team?

PostPosted: 02/15/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot the Sparks have Diarra. She was such a factor last season Rolling Eyes I can't imagine Agler dumping his little project. Maybe she's the 5th post and Wiese gets cut?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/15/18 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riquna Williams shot 32.1% from the field last year and 27.0 from three. She had 16 assists and 26 turnovers.

So she was coming off an injury and turning 28 in May, she'll bounce back.

But she only shot 35.2% overall in 2015, though her three-point efficiency was 34.6%.

According to the metrics, she was a somewhat above-average defender, which the eye test seemed to reinforce, but on the other hand, she has never been accused of having a high basketball IQ, and Agler was visibly upset with her for not doing her job.

In short, why would you trade anything for her? As pilight points out, there are hordes of guards out there, and even though they maybe didn't score 51 points in a game (and never will), their overall value in 2018 wouldn't be that much less than Williams'.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Completely agree. We need to have at least five posts on our roster. Parker, Ogwumike, Lavender are three. Add a rookie as the fourth. And for the fifth, TJJ or Gruda would be fine with me even if Agler doesn't play them. We just need extra bodies in case of foul trouble or injury.

Other seven players: Gray, Sims, Beard, Dabovic, Pondexter, Carson, Wiese.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/15/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Completely agree. We need to have at least five posts on our roster. Parker, Ogwumike, Lavender are three. Add a rookie as the fourth. And for the fifth, TJJ or Gruda would be fine with me even if Agler doesn't play them. We just need extra bodies in case of foul trouble or injury.

Which is fine if they've wangled enough cap room to keep 12 (even assuming they can dump Williams and her contract for nothing). It gets a little more complicated if they're down to 11.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Which is fine if they've wangled enough cap room to keep 12 (even assuming they can dump Williams and her contract for nothing). It gets a little more complicated if they're down to 11.

Since when do the Sparks have to worry about cap room?

PostPosted: 02/15/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The only other player close to Cappie in bad-hair day is Taj. She had some 'do's' that were just 'don'ts' but you know, if a person wants to play around with their hairdo and do something different, who cares...

Taj made it look good, though.

(now with spelling variations)
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/15/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Taj made it look good, though.

Not always.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22

Jump to: