RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fake news out of NBC reports Rex Tillerson stepping down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/04/17 10:08 am    ::: Fake news out of NBC reports Rex Tillerson stepping down Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/tillerson-s-fury-trump-required-intervention-pence-n806451

Just saw Tillerson's statement refuting reports that VP Mike Pence convinced Tillerson to stay on as Secretary of State. Story was repeated in extremist websites such as Slate, HuffPo and others. How embarrassing!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/04/17 10:50 am    ::: Re: Fake news out of NBC reports Rex Tillerson stepping down Reply Reply with quote

Given the pattern of blatant lies from this administration, there is absolutely no reason to believe Tillerson is telling the truth.

ETA: Your post subject is a lie. NBC did not report that Tillerson was stepping down.

Last edited by PUmatty on 10/04/17 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is absolutely nothing in there to make it sound like it's fake news. The fact that Tillerson thinks Trump is a moron is a well sourced and well founded story.

But then again we know that unless its InfoWars, The Blaze, or Breitbart you think it's fake.

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys are funny. Believing a fake story over an official statement to set the record straight. Yes, NBC did report that Tillerson was going to step down.

Keep accusing me of listening to Alex Jones and Glen Beck. I don't, but it's still amusing that you have to resort to tying me to sources that 1) I don't read or listen to, and 2) didn't report this fake story. It's what you're good at. That and crying to the moderators when I post something you don't like.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
You guys are funny. Believing a fake story over an official statement to set the record straight. Yes, NBC did report that Tillerson was going to step down.

The story stated that Tillerson considered stepping down. Not that he did step down, which is the lie you put in your own subject line.

This administration has given no one any reason to believe them about anything. From the president on down, most members of this administration tell blatant easily identified lies on a shocking regular basis. So, no, I don't believe the "official statement" for a second.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/04/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

The story stated that Tillerson considered stepping down. Not that he did step down, which is the lie you put in your own subject line.

This administration has given no one any reason to believe them about anything. From the president on down, most members of this administration tell blatant easily identified lies on a shocking regular basis. So, no, I don't believe the "official statement" for a second.

The story is the lie. The same story you still believe to be true. A made-up story at that.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/04/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

The story is the lie. The same story you still believe to be true. A made-up story at that.

Still won't admit that you lied about what the story was? It's right there for everyone to see.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/04/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you call it a "lie" because Tillerson says it didn't happen. Politicians always deny these sorts of reports as it makes it look like strife and confusion abounds. Look at what Trump and Price each said about his job, and then look at the end result.

The media just reports on what they are told. They have a staffer or confidant close to Tillerson who comes to them and says "He called Trump a moron and is thinking about stepping down". They then verify it with another source who says the same thing. They determine the sources are reliable and so they go to print. This is journalism 101. Nothing fake about it.

But, you know, as long as the politician denies it happened, then we know its fake. Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

How is that a lie? I was watching NBC News right before the press conference. They said he was about to announce his resignation. Then they had a panel discussion about it.

Still won't admit that you lied about what the story was? It's right there for everyone to see.
How is that a lie? I was watching NBC News right before the press conference. They said he was about to announce his resignation. Then they had a panel discussion about it.

Last edited by Stonington_QB on 10/04/17 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So you call it a "lie" because Tillerson says it didn't happen. Politicians always deny these sorts of reports as it makes it look like strife and confusion abounds. Look at what Trump and Price each said about his job, and then look at the end result.

The media just reports on what they are told. They have a staffer or confidant close to Tillerson who comes to them and says "He called Trump a moron and is thinking about stepping down". They then verify it with another source who says the same thing. They determine the sources are reliable and so they go to print. This is journalism 101. Nothing fake about it.

But, you know, as long as the politician denies it happened, then we know its fake. Laughing Rolling Eyes
That's called a lie. Just because you believe it doesn't make it true.

The media is supposed to get their facts straight before publishing a story. When it comes out that your story isn't real you just look stupid.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:

The media is supposed to get their facts straight before publishing a story. When it comes out that your story isn't real you just look stupid.

What is called a lie? Nothing in that article was wrong. You are basing this entirely upon the words of Tillerson himself, who has an interest in spinning this to try and make his boss not look bad. It should come as no surprise that he was considering stepping down, nor that he decided not to.

But whatever feeds your moronic narrative....

PostPosted: 10/04/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:

What is called a lie? Nothing in that article was wrong. You are basing this entirely upon the words of Tillerson himself, who has an interest in spinning this to try and make his boss not look bad. It should come as no surprise that he was considering stepping down, nor that he decided not to.

But whatever feeds your moronic narrative....

Right. You believe a fake story and I'm the moron here. Everything in the story was wrong. Made for you to believe. NBC News is doing everything they can to bury this story.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/04/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has to be the most inept, corrupt, fucked up, lying, sleaze bag, worthless administration EVER!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can’t read through every word of this but you guys seem to be not giving proper ink to the real bombshell in this. Tillerson called Trump a moron. That’s out there now. Considering stepping down and calling your boss, Donald Trump, a moron are two different things by orders of magnitude.

He’s right, of course. But he’s also, in every way himself, woefully ill-suited for his current position as secretary of state. Trump is a moron. Well, he’s actually much worse than a moron. But Tillerson has royally fucked up the state department and has no idea what his job is supposed to actually entail.

And yes, this is now the most fucked up administration we have ever seen. There is conjecture that Tillerson being talked out of quitting had, at its roots, the desire to keep him in place to cast an essential cabinet level thumbs down should things get to the point where the 25th amendment might come into play.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/04/17 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no sane person on earth who hasn't called Chump a moron.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Tillerson called Trump a moron. That’s out there now.

How do you know this? It came from the same fake story citing anonymous sources. When asked about this, he refused to go along with the narrative. That's not an admission of guilt or truth. That might be the narrative that Yahoo "News" and HuffPo are going with, but that's just another false narrative. That's not a bombshell. It's just another lie that you are willing to believe because you want it to be true.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/05/17 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Tillerson called Trump a moron. That’s out there now.

How do you know this? It came from the same fake story citing anonymous sources. When asked about this, he refused to go along with the narrative. That's not an admission of guilt or truth. That might be the narrative that Yahoo "News" and HuffPo are going with, but that's just another false narrative. That's not a bombshell. It's just another lie that you are willing to believe because you want it to be true.

It's also not a denial.

How are you so sure that he didn't? Or are you saying that he didn't call him a moron because he actually called him a FUCKING moron?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/05/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
It's also not a denial.

It's also not an admission.

Ex-Ref wrote:
How are you so sure that he didn't? Or are you saying that he didn't call him a moron because he actually called him a FUCKING moron?

Well the rest of the story was a lie so why should anyone believe the moron part?
You can believe what you want. Until there is even a shred of evidence or a named source it's just another phony story.
How are you so sure that Sandy Hook wasn't a conspiracy? Did you know any of the victims? People with no credibility whatsoever are saying it's true. Maybe YOU should prove that it's not. Do you see how stupid that logic is? Apply that to your "Rex called Trump a moron" conspiracy.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/05/17 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You must be a defendant's dream on a jury.

"I didn't do it".

"Okay, everyone else must be lying who said you did. Thanks for clearing that up. Not Guilty. Police officers, DAs, you're FAKE NEWS."

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
This has to be the most inept, corrupt, fucked up, lying, sleaze bag, worthless administration EVER!!!!

In my lifetime, at least.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

"I didn't do it".

"Okay, everyone else must be lying who said you did. Thanks for clearing that up. Not Guilty. Police officers, DAs, you're FAKE NEWS."

That's got to be dumbest comparison I've ever heard. An unnamed source with no evidence and a baseless accusation would never fly in the justice system. In a courtroom you are innocent until proven guilty (I'm guessing you didn't know that). Also if this were a court case you would be committing purgery if you ever said something like that.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/05/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:

"I didn't do it".

That's got to be dumbest comparison I've ever heard. An unnamed source with no evidence and a baseless accusation would never fly in the justice system. In a courtroom you are innocent until proven guilty (I'm guessing you didn't know that). Also if this were a court case you would be committing purgery if you ever said something like that.

In your mind it is baseless. In this case the media needs to report on what is happening behind closed doors where the only evidence available is eyewitness testimony. In this case they had multiple eyewitnesses report the same claim to them about what was said.

Yet all you fall back on is that the people that this makes look bad claim that it never happened. My comparison is apt.

And in a court of law, if multiple witnesses came forward and made the same claim that someone did something, that is considered evidence in and of itself. So these sources are, in fact, evidence. This is basic journalism, but you seem to want to reject it beacuse it makes your idol the dumb fuck Dear Leader Trump look bad. You clearly have no comprehension of what actual "fake news" is. Using sources that (understandably) don't wish to be publicly identified is not "fake", it is how journalism and the free press works and is necessary to check the power of the state. Funny how none of you people had trouble with "unnamed sources" when it was about Clinton's emails or something out of the Obama administration...

PostPosted: 10/05/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:

"I didn't do it".

In your mind it is baseless. In this case the media needs to report on what is happening behind closed doors where the only evidence available is eyewitness testimony. In this case they had multiple eyewitnesses report the same claim to them about what was said.

Yet all you fall back on is that the people that this makes look bad claim that it never happened. My comparison is apt.

And in a court of law, if multiple witnesses came forward and made the same claim that someone did something, that is considered evidence in and of itself. So these sources are, in fact, evidence. This is basic journalism, but you seem to want to reject it beacuse it makes your idol the dumb fuck Dear Leader Trump look bad. You clearly have no comprehension of what actual "fake news" is. Using sources that (understandably) don't wish to be publicly identified is not "fake", it is how journalism and the free press works and is necessary to check the power of the state. Funny how none of you people had trouble with "unnamed sources" when it was about Clinton's emails or something out of the Obama administration...

At this point I'm convinced I'm arguing with a teenager.

YOU believe FAKE news. As long as it is what YOU want to hear. There are ZERO named sources. ZERO. And part of a story where everything else being reported is a lie. You know nothing about journalism. Neither do the people who broke this story.

There were no unnamed sources in Hillary's case (amazing you are defending Hillary Clinton out of all people to make your "point"), there was EVIDENCE. Just like there would need to be evidence on a trial and not heresay. Three like-minded people with a story (who also have a particular agenda) do not constitute FACTS. Stories that are made up do not check power they are lies, intended to brainwash people like you who will evidently believe anything at all.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/05/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm done with this.

Unnamed sources is a major part of journalism, and the fact that you can’t get that into your head means this is a pointless conversation as you don't have the mental facilities necessary for it. People see something happen behind closed doors and feel it is in the public's interest to know so they come forward to the press. The press then vets this information with other sources they have cultivated, and if they received confirmation of the information they go to press with it. This is actual journalism, and it is what was taught in the classes I took as an undergrad.

But eyewitness statements are, in fact, evidence.

Anyways, have fun on your moronic crusade.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

But eyewitness statements are, in fact, evidence.

There's confusion in this discussion. Forget the court of "journalism", the former sourcing and ethical standards of which have long been dead, especially regarding liberal media coverage of all things Trump.

Let's stick to the courts of law and of public common sense.

No eyewitness has provided public evidence that that Tillerson was on the verge of resigning. This claim is attributed in the linked article to "senior administration officials who were aware of the situation at the time." These are not necessarily eyewitnesses and probably are not, because otherwise they would have been attributed as such. Moreover, these senior officials are not publicly providing evidence; they are doing so anonymously through a reporter, who would not be allowed to testify in court under the hearsay rules. Tillerson has specifically and publicly contradicted the conduct attributed to him by anonymous non-eyewitnesses via an incompetent and unreliable witness under the hearsay rule. In a court of law, Tillerson's evidence wins 100-0 on the "verge of resigning" claim. It should be close to that in the court of evidence-based public opinion, too.

The situation is much the same about the "moron" statement attributed to Tillerson. The sources of this claim are again anonymous and again not described as eyewitnesses, but as "three officials familiar with the incident." And again, the testimony of these officials would not be allowed in a court of law via a third party such as a reporter. In the linked article, Tillerson refuses to "deal with petty stuff like that", and his press spokesman, Heather Nauert, publicly and explicitly stated for the open record that: "The secretary did not use that type of language to speak about the president of the Unites States. . . . He did not say that."

The very headlines on some of the articles about this trivial "news" displays the media animus against all things Trump. Tillerson calls a press conference to specifically deny ever contemplating resigning, which is a pretty unusual move for this guy, and all the clickbait, left wing media want to trumpet is that he didn't specifically deny using one noun, even though his press spokeswoman specifically did so on his behalf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: