48%
 48%  [ 21 ]
Lynx
51%
 51%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 43

Shades

PostPosted: 10/04/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Play of the game near the end. Maya could have been the hero or the goat on this play. I think she realized playing not to lose wasn't working.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ2dJ53lOt9/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
London2toronto

PostPosted: 10/04/17 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
London2toronto wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
London2toronto wrote:
Yeah don't agree with this at all, everyone is entitled to their opinions but the facts are she is an MVP type player a 2016 MVP type player to be exact.

Aladyyn wrote:
Nneka is just not all that... Not an MVP type player...

The facts are Tina should have won that MVP. Nneka is not a viable 1st option on a good team imo. She's a very good player, just not that top tier like Maya/Syl/Candace.

Shoulda woulda coulda... Facts are Tina didn't win and the voting wasn't even close... Like I said you're entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with original statement and neither do the facts.

The facts are: Sparks live and die by Candace Parker. Not Nneka. There are players in this league that immediately transform any team and turn it into a contender. Nneka is not one of them.

Just my opinion.

Yep fair enough, I may not agree but it is your opinion. Like I said my grievance was with your original inaccurate statement of Nneka not being a MVP type player... Pivoting your argument to say Nneka doesn't transform a team doesn't change that.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 10/04/17 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
NBATV better air some post game

I've been watching them on WNBA Facebook Arrow

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/wnba/videos/10155677015194280/

NBA TV is stuck on FReaking this game has ended usually chiney and some other girl give an half ass post game i wanna see locker room action

NBATV won't be on until 1am here in the East.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

London2toronto wrote:

Yep fair enough, I may not agree but it is your opinion. Like I said my grievance was with your original inaccurate statement of Nneka not being a MVP type player... Pivoting your argument to say Nneka doesn't transform a team doesn't change that.

Parker elevates Ogwumike's game similar to Maya elevating Fowles' game.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Lynx. They definitely deserved it after their performance tonight and in game 4. Don't appreciate those who choose to rub it in so soon, but to each their own.

Despite the loss, proud of my Sparks. Just couldn't keep the Lynx off the boards, and couldn't get everyone clicking at the same time. Frontcourt kept us in it in the first half, backcourt in the second half. Was pretty sure it was over when Nneka fouled out, but the last minute near-comeback symbolized what this series was all about.

My biggest regret was not getting off a shot at the end of game 2. Could have changed things dramatically, but we will never know. That being said, no excuses. Goal is to get to 3 W's and we couldn't get over that hump. I am hoping that this loss motivates the Sparks and gets them back to the top of the mountain next year.

Glad that the officials were not the story as they were last year. On to the long wait until the next season. Sigh.
Shades

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111

PostPosted: 10/05/17 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ster II wrote:
Put in Wiesner and William! They aint gased & might make a three!!!

Is Wiesner the magical combination of Wiese and Jamie Weisner? Wiese was not gassed, but Weisner would be after playing 37 minutes in Spain already on Wednesday!
wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 10/05/17 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="bballgrl"][quote="wnbashockballa"]
Admiral_Needa wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
NBATV better air some post game

NBATV won't be on until 1am here in the East.

watching now and every time they show a clip or interview you hear chiney and kristin talking in the backround lol

PostPosted: 10/05/17 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks they don't like Whalen needs to watch her at the press conference after tonight's game. She is hilarious. She's up there drinking champagne straight out of the bottle and dropping one liners. Classic Wheezy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

She is about as authentic as they come. Minnesota, through and through.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Play of the game near the end. Maya could have been the hero or the goat on this play. I think she realized playing not to lose wasn't working.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ2dJ53lOt9/

Yeah that was one of those type of plays that if someone else did it and missed they would have been reamed. Even if Maya missed she would have received some hate, but this is also the type of play the separates Maya as one of the greats. She simply wouldn't let her team lose in that moment that counted the most.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/05/17 2:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/05/17 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/05/17 2:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zF87eq9B5J8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exclusive video: Minnesota celebrating WNBA Title in locker room

Painful experience is Minnesota’s best teacher — especially in WNBA Finals

Lynx’s vets exorcise demons of 2016; claim WNBA Title

Odd year, Minnesota’s year: Lynx crowned 2017 WNBA Champions

Kobe, Billie Jean King, Chris Paul, react to Minnesota winning 2017 WNBA Championship

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 10/05/17 3:22 am    ::: Drat! Reply Reply with quote

I wanted Brunson to get Finals MVP. Eh...

PostPosted: 10/05/17 3:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

barryi22 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
London2toronto wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
London2toronto wrote:
Yeah don't agree with this at all, everyone is entitled to their opinions but the facts are she is an MVP type player a 2016 MVP type player to be exact.

Aladyyn wrote:
Nneka is just not all that... Not an MVP type player...

The facts are Tina should have won that MVP. Nneka is not a viable 1st option on a good team imo. She's a very good player, just not that top tier like Maya/Syl/Candace.

Shoulda woulda coulda... Facts are Tina didn't win and the voting wasn't even close... Like I said you're entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with original statement and neither do the facts.

The facts are: Sparks live and die by Candace Parker. Not Nneka. There are players in this league that immediately transform any team and turn it into a contender. Nneka is not one of them.

Just my opinion.

Agree with that statement in most games....but tonight they died with Nneka.

Truth, they both need each other if they want to be succesful and win a championship just like last season

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 10/05/17 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/05/17 3:26 am    ::: Re: Drat! Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:

Would have been a nice story, but Sweet Syl kind of put a wrench in that with 20(!) rebounds, and setting a finals mark with 5 double/doubles. Shocked

She was so good this year. Just on another level.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 3:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
London2toronto wrote:

I'd say Fowles reached that top tier with her play this year. I was a doubter earlier in the season but not anymore.

Moore, Parker, Griner, Fowles, Delle Donne, Charles

and obviously McCoughtry if/when she comes back

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 10/05/17 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep hearing Beard is retiring, but is she? I googled it and didn't find anytbing

PostPosted: 10/05/17 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
London2toronto wrote:

Totally agree with this!

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 10/05/17 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

damn thats a fast turn around for a celebration no prep time lol

Last edited by wnbashockballa on 10/05/17 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 10/05/17 7:54 am    ::: Re: Drat! Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:

She should have gotten it in 2013

PostPosted: 10/05/17 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
I keep hearing Beard is retiring, but is she? I googled it and didn't find anytbing

I listened to an interview about midway through the season and she said she hadn't made any decisions and didn't know where that rumor was coming from/thinks she was misquoted somewhere along the time (I believe the original rumor came from that pizza place article about her and Coleman?)

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/05/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The better team won, plain and simple. (Blame the refs ...)

Fowles and Brunson dominated the paint. (Blame the refs ...)

Whalen played great. (Blame the refs ...)

L.A. needed to make threes and didn't. (Blame the refs ...)

What a great series -- I thought it was one the best ever, given the level of play, the level of talent, the level of coaching. I only wish that there had been more lead changes rather than long comeback battles.

But I'm pretty sure the officials were told by the league to allow teams to get big leads, and keep them most of the game.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

London2toronto wrote:
Shades wrote:
London2toronto wrote:

Totally agree with this!

But it also goes both ways. Nneka makes Parker's life easier and ditto for Fowles to Maya. Does anyone really think Minny would have won this series if Fowles had not bullied her way onto the team? I've always liked Fowles so it's hard for me to stay mad at her, but I really didn't like her exit from Chicago...but I'll try not to go there again. Basically Fowles' arrival gave Minny extended life from the normal progression of being really good for a few years, then slowly sinking, then getting some youth and slowly rising again - that's what I would call more normal. A good for instance is Dallas and Seattle. I think they are both in the rising mode. Of course it takes some luck, some good decisions and some coaching as well.

- Amanda Gorman
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/05/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Of course it takes some luck, some good decisions and some coaching as well.

I would like to add that it also takes a solid commitment from the top down. Luck is important in some aspects, but it is also essential to have a framework available to capitalize on that luck.

Every year Glen Taylor impresses me more as an owner. This year he spent a million dollars to make Williams Arena WNBA compliant so the Lynx could play there for the playoffs. That could easily turn the Lynx from making a profit into taking a small loss. And he dd it to be able to keep the Lynx in the Twin Cities. There were other options farther away (like Rochester), but the draw wouldn't have been the same. He also didn't travel with the Wolves to China for their big exhibition over there in order to stay and watch the Lynx.

While players and FA are always going to be attracted to winning teams, the commitment made to the team from the top down has got to be just as sexy. Especially in a league where the pay is pretty much normalized for all players/teams. These are the type of things that can keep teams in the running longer and can make their rebuilds shorter. I mean even with a lot of their core aging, what player wouldn't be excited if the Lynx came knocking?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: