Sparks
48%
 48%  [ 21 ]
Lynx
51%
 51%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 43

Shades

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:11 pm    ::: Sparks @ Lynx - 10/04/17 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Finals - Game 5
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN
Online: http://www.espn.com/watch

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20171004/LASMIN

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's go Lynx!! The Barn is gonna be rocking!

barryi22

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Sparks rebound and take it even though it's an odd year. Gray and Parker will have better showings this time around and I don't think Brunson/Fowles will play as well as they did today.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/02/17 5:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Called this after last year's lose. It's an odd number year, so Lynx are supposed to win.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 10/02/17 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it would be so tragic if we had last years exact results minny should take care of home court advantage and benefit off the crowd

PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted with my heart on this one (Sparks).

I'm hoping that the Sparks come out hot, or at least competitive. Perhaps it's human nature, but the winner of each game has come out flat in the next game. I'm hoping that pattern holds.

Sparks can get it done on the road. They have before and they can do it again. I am not saying it will be easy. They will need better shot selection and to play with more certainty (i.e. less "tentative-ness"). I am expecting better games from Chelsea and Candace. We will need to match Minnesota's energy on both ends of the ball, box out, and hit the glass hard. If there is a huge rebounding disparity like Game 4, Sparks cannot and will not win the game.

Thus far, I am glad that the refs have not been the story. Yes, there have been some missed calls, bad calls, etc., but none that potentially impacted the end of the game, like last year's games 4 and 5. That being said, on the defensive end, Sparks need to be play with controlled aggression. I am hoping that remains the case, and the game is decided by the players, not the refs.

Wednesday can't get here soon enough! Let's go Sparks!
Angus24

PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if dishonoring their flag,their country, and all those who died for the US in front of their home crowd might have weighed on their consciences a bit and affected their play in game 4.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Wonder if dishonoring their flag,their country, and all those who died for the US in front of their home crowd might have weighed on their consciences a bit and affected their play in game 4.

really?

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danger Will Robinson

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 10/02/17 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think is the place to have the discussion about that matter. Perhaps a separate forum for those that feel passionately about it, but not an in game thread. Just my two cents.
Shades

PostPosted: 10/02/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Yeah, I don't think is the place to have the discussion about that matter. Perhaps a separate forum for those that feel passionately about it, but not an in game thread. Just my two cents.

That's an ironic viewpoint. The fans should separate politics from sports, but the players should be free to make a political statement at the game. It should work both ways or what is the point? They're doing it to start conversations on why they're doing it.... and these conversations should even happen in a game thread.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 10/02/17 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

That's an ironic viewpoint. The fans should separate politics from sports, but the players should be free to make a political statement at the game. It should work both ways or what is the point? They're doing it to start conversations on why they're doing it.... and these conversations should even happen in a game thread.

I get your point regarding the irony, but I come her to discuss the game, and not the politics surrounding political statements made or not made by the players. But, again, I get your point as fans who don't appreciate what the Sparks are doing are saying I came her to watch the game, not the politics surrounding it, exactly what I am saying above. Long story short (too late), I was just trying to prevent a huge firestorm and divisive tangent, but not silence anyone in the process (hence, a separate forum).
Queenie

PostPosted: 10/02/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

...and how do you explain Game 3, then?

(now with spelling variations)
wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 10/02/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

...and how do you explain Game 3, then?

Minnesota was storming back then couldn't buy a bucket for almost 6 minutes after they cut it to 1

PostPosted: 10/02/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx fans need to savor this current squad that is fighting to win another championship. This year will be the last year this group can win a championship together. Whalen and Augustus are fading. They will continue to be a good team in the immediate future. They just won't be championship great.

PostPosted: 10/02/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

What, you think they had an epiphany and changed their political opinions mid-game?

PostPosted: 10/02/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Shades wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

I get your point regarding the irony, but I come her to discuss the game, and not the politics surrounding political statements made or not made by the players. But, again, I get your point as fans who don't appreciate what the Sparks are doing are saying I came her to watch the game, not the politics surrounding it, exactly what I am saying above. Long story short (too late), I was just trying to prevent a huge firestorm and divisive tangent, but not silence anyone in the process (hence, a separate forum).

There is a point, but it is also a bit of a false equivalency. There are numerous threads on these very boards where this exact same thing could have been posted with no loss of impact. Instead, a post in this thread could potentially derail the conversations of others and this thread's purpose and create a repetitive topic. The equivalent in basketball would be to have the protest while the game is happening, thus preventing it from occuring. Or for another example, people have a right to protest abortion out front of a clinic, but they don’t have the right to do it in the clinic's lobby.

PostPosted: 10/02/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

What, you think they had an epiphany and changed their political opinions mid-game?

Nope...Mid game trades are frowned upon in this establishment...Prince is still with the Libs

PostPosted: 10/02/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Parker is deeply engaged in the officiating, she's stewing about a call she didn't get for 2 or 3 possessions down the line. Agler HAS to reel her in, or he cannot count on CP to be at her best.

Whalen is a nice lady off the court, but gets a pass for some reason for being an on-court ass at times... I anticipate the fake tough guy shit will return game 5, like the "hold-me-back" stare downs after a favorable play. I also anticipate Sims, who didn't back down to fools at Baylor, won't do it in Game 5 neither. Whalen better have her ankles on ice.

Agler has to find some offense for Nneka. I know she has a tough job dealing with Fowles, but her offensive output in the finals last year was stunted. I rather her make an attempt to score inside and potentially get blocked than jacking them up from 3.

Gray will not have another bad game...period.

This is the last season, we're going to see J Lav in a Sparks uniform if she is out there playing like she doesn't want to mess up her nails... bank on it.

LA will win this at the free throw line down the stretch.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/02/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wednesday will be about basketball. No matter the hurricanes, the mass shooting in Las Vegas or the protests against police treatment of African Americans and other minorities, all of which are much more important in the grand scheme of things. I believe the game itself will be quite interesting and either team could win. The bookies give Minnesota about a 65% chance of winning. I have expected the Lynx to win this series all along, and I still do. I expect all of the players, no matter what their political opinions are, will be focused on the game from 8:05 pm to 10:30 pm. If they aren't, their team will be much more likely to lose. And if they choose to do anything before the game that will not change.

I hope that both teams play well. I hope that the refs don't have a significant impact. I would hate to think that Maya Moore would be denied a championship for two straight seasons (how could she live with herself?) Most of all, I want to be entertained. So for those 2 1/2 hours I will be watching, cheering for the Lynx. I will also be switching over to the Colorado - Arizona baseball game during breaks, all in an effort to not think about politics for a while.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 10/02/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Lynx fans need to savor this current squad that is fighting to win another championship. This year will be the last year this group can win a championship together. Whalen and Augustus are fading. They will continue to be a good team in the immediate future. They just won't be championship great.
when I hear people say the lynx won't be a finals team again after this year 😂😂😂😂😂😂

PostPosted: 10/03/17 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
when I hear people say the lynx won't be a finals team again after this year 😂😂😂😂😂😂

The only 2 things that can stop MIN are LA and Age... Idea Razz

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/03/17 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
If Parker is deeply engaged in the officiating, she's stewing about a call she didn't get for 2 or 3 possessions down the line. Agler HAS to reel her in, or he cannot count on CP to be at her best.

Whalen is a nice lady off the court, but gets a pass for some reason for being an on-court ass at times... I anticipate the fake tough guy shit will return game 5, like the "hold-me-back" stare downs after a favorable play. I also anticipate Sims, who didn't back down to fools at Baylor, won't do it in Game 5 neither. Whalen better have her ankles on ice.

Agler has to find some offense for Nneka. I know she has a tough job dealing with Fowles, but her offensive output in the finals last year was stunted. I rather her make an attempt to score inside and potentially get blocked than jacking them up from 3.

Gray will not have another bad game...period.

This is the last season, we're going to see J Lav in a Sparks uniform if she is out there playing like she doesn't want to mess up her nails... bank on it.

LA will win this at the free throw line down the stretch.

I think she gets a pass because in her first 11 years of playing in the WNBA she was known to showing NO emotion at all. Her record was as clean as you can get. This was 1 of the first times that ive seen her making a flagrant foul. She almost never gets in arguments or in peoples faces. Her showing more emotion during games (celebrating after a good play etc.) has been something from the last couple of years.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 10/03/17 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just an outstanding series. If you love basketball you have to love the way these two teams play the game.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/03/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying this version of Whalen and hope she keeps it up as long as possible Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: