RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chappaquiddick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/21/17 8:18 pm    ::: Chappaquiddick Reply Reply with quote

Seems like yesterday to me, but 1969 was long before most people today were even born.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLOhpsYwjuQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Kennedy-Clinton axis of family immorality has endured since Joe Kennedy in the 1930's to date, not only ignored but enabled by the press. Still.

Where have you gone Mary Jo Kopechne, our nation turns its hollow eyes to you.
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/22/17 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember Mary Jo Kopechne quite well also. I remember the questionable circumstances surrounding her death. And for all the things that Edward Kennedy went on to do that were quite admirable, I never felt he ever came clean about the circumstances surrounding the tragedy. And I am also no fan of either Bill or Hillary Clinton, and quite frankly neither were the Kennedy's.

Your categorization of the Kennedy-Clinton axis is completely ridiculous. I would be more accurate drawing a Hitler-Trump axis based on father Fred, but I wouldn't do that. If you want to imbue unto the Clinton's the Kopechne tragedy, something that happened while I believe Bill was at Oxford and Hillary was in Alaska, it just shows the inherent bias you bring to any discussion. That is a shame, because I believe you have a knowledge of history but seem to have not learned the lessons of unchecked power, cleptocracy and corruption as practiced by Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, The ruling families of Saudi Arabia, Saddam Hussein and Putin.

Because if you did you would be concerned about a Congress that has just passed a tax bill that will enrich our president (as well as many senators and House members). You would be concerned that they are running interference for an investigation into Russian meddling with our election along with the payment of millions of dollars to various people associated with the Trump campaign. You would be far more concerned about corruption with the actual president than someone who never ascended to that position. Someone who was investigated for six years from 2010 to 2016 by Congress without any significant issues, and yet the type of interference alleged by the Republicans against Clinton has been actively supported in defense of Trump.

I will most likely be quite interested in a movie on Chappaquidick, but I can assure you that if there were to be a modern day parallel it would be Don Jr, or Ivanka, not Chelsea.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/22/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB76, your reply is so blunderbuss and scattershot, as well as irrelevant, that I will not even attempt detailed replies.

My point about the "Kennedy-Clinton axis of family immorality" was simply about two family dynasties who have a now-known factual history of personal immorality, by which I particularly mean over-the-top sexual immorality, serious addiction behavior, lying and deceiving. I was making a secondary point that the media knew all about most of this immorality and, by not reporting on or investigating it, thereby enabled it.

Ted Kennedy was an alcoholic satyr his entire adult life. His brother John, like Bill Clinton, was an even bigger satyr. John was not likely an alcoholic but was a drug addict. Ted lied and concealed the facts about the Mary Jo Kopechne tragedy, but later, while still a drunken satyr, became the "Lion of the Senate".

I was not commenting on the political positions of the Kennedys or Clintons, many of which I agreed with. Nor have I ever, or would I ever, compare any American politician to Stalin or Hitler. That would be historically, rhetorically and morally absurd.

Back to the movie, which I was actually just posting as a matter of historical interest, I meanwhile have read some reviews that suggest it's rather dull.
tfan

PostPosted: 12/22/17 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The groups against infinite immigration refer to Ted Kennedy as the driving force for the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, although he was not a sponsor, just a promoter of it He's also given a lot of credit for getting the 1986 amnesty passed and other increases in immigration and mini-amnesties. So he should get credit, or scorn, for that, depending on your viewpoint.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 12/22/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What in the life of... what happened?

pilight

PostPosted: 12/22/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I fail to see how the Clintons are a "family dynasty"

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/22/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember it well.

I assumed then he was drunk and drove into the drink. She drown as a result, he split, and a covered up ensued.

At the time, and for years after, there was a restaurant/caterer business 5 miles from here on a main drag named Mary Jo's.

It was a constant reminder of the incident.

PostPosted: 12/22/17 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parody Volkswagen ad from the National Lampoon magazine. VW sued and the magazine settled out of court.

The parody ad was created by a magazine staff writer, Anne Beatts. She later became one of the writers in the first five seasons of SNL, and later created the 80's TV show, Square Pegs.

Last edited by StevenHW on 12/22/17 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/22/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brutal! Laughing

PostPosted: 12/24/17 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Parody Volkswagen ad from the National Lampoon magazine. VW sued and the magazine settled out of court.

The parody ad was created by a magazine staff writer, Anne Beatts. She later became one of the writers in the first five seasons of SNL, and later created the 80's TV show, Square Pegs.

I remember the parody and I really liked Square Pegs, but I never knew the relationship. Thanks for that piece of trivia.

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 12/24/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I fail to see how the Clintons are a "family dynasty"

They aren't one.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/28/17 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
My point about the "Kennedy-Clinton axis of family immorality" was simply about two family dynasties who have a now-known factual history of personal immorality, by which I particularly mean over-the-top sexual immorality, serious addiction behavior, lying and deceiving. I was making a secondary point that the media knew all about most of this immorality and, by not reporting on or investigating it, thereby enabled it.

Oh, Glenn....yes, you have a Point there. But if you part your hair in the middle, no one will notice.Laughing

"over-the-top sexual immorality, serious addiction behavior, lying and deceiving" Describes many Upstanding American Families I know. The Trumps. The Bushes. FDR had a mistress WHILE IN OFFICE. His wife did, too. And you focus on Ted Kennedy (cuz of the movie, prolly) but his BROTHER, JFK, was probably an even more egregious womanizer.

Do you really live under the illusion that elected officials must be utterly blameless of ANY perceived immorality? We'd have no politicians to screw us all.

Lines must be drawn though, imo, when the Aspiring Politician seeks to gain election/power by standing on a platform of morality and righteousness....AND THEN....denies their recent past which is clear illustration of IMmorality and UNrighteousness. See: Roy Moore, Donald Trump, et. al.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: