RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Roy Moore pulled out a gun on stage tonight during
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Howee wrote:
The Republican Party: Fighting Gay Marriage Equality on the basis that it will lead to pedophilia, while fighting to elect a pedophile into office. God Bless America! Laughing

Great contribution as usual with the blanket stereotypes and tired rhetoric. That really added to the conversation.

Well, thank you. I tried to keep it simple, so you could understand the dichotomy* that is the GOP base.

*dichotomy = clusterfuck.

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moore says it's not over, they're looking at the recount rules, and God is always in charge.

Now he's quoting scripture.

Says it's not over.

(Evidently they're hoping the final vote count falls within 1/2% to trigger a recount. Even Fox News says there's "no way" it will be within 1/2%.)

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Moore says it's not over, they're looking at the recount rules, and God is always in charge.

Says it's not over.

(Evidently they're hoping the final vote count falls within 1/2% to trigger a recount. Even Fox News says there's "no way" it will be within 1/2%.)

He will almost certainly never publicly concede.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Says it's not over.

He will almost certainly never publicly concede.

I'm curious how that works when one says this is all micromanaged by God, but you lose. So why did God choose your opponent over you, Roy?

And is Moore really trying to tell us that God chose to interject some drama by having him win only after a recount rather than having him win in a landslide? Because he was plainly saying tonight that the recount was God's plan.

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/13/17 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s amazing how my expectations have been set so low over the past year that my faith in humanity can be buoyed by people crossing what has got to be one of the lowest conceivable bars of basic human decency: “don’t put the pedophiles in charge.”

PostPosted: 12/13/17 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/13/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again, thank you black women while white women show again just how stupid they can be.

Bama elects the other guy by <2%. What a state.

PostPosted: 12/13/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
It’s amazing how my expectations have been set so low over the past year that my faith in humanity can be buoyed by people crossing what has got to be one of the lowest conceivable bars of basic human decency: “don’t put the pedophiles in charge.”

In a land where a pathological lying, racist, sexual predator grifter gets the oval office via russian propaganda bots, racist vote suppression, and fbi malfeasance, while losing the popular vote by 3,000,000+ votes.

PostPosted: 12/13/17 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/12/roy_moore_spokesman_muslims_cant_be_elected_officials_because_you_have_to_swear_on_christian_bible.html

PostPosted: 12/13/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Nazi Bannon probably hit that bottle hard last night.

PostPosted: 12/13/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/12/roy_moore_spokesman_muslims_cant_be_elected_officials_because_you_have_to_swear_on_christian_bible.html

Could rule out Jews and Mormons as well.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/13/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can be sworn in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue if you want

PostPosted: 12/13/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no Trump tax bill topic?

It seems Trump is trying to rush through his greed-based tax bill before Jones has a chance to vote on it. Am I right?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie

PostPosted: 12/13/17 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Could rule out Jews and Mormons as well.

Keith Ellison is, of course, a figment of our collective imagination.

(now with spelling variations)
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/13/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These people are idiots. And the Constitution very explicitly contradicts their position.

Article VI, Section 3 provides:

3: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

So you don't need to take an oath at all; an affirmation will do. And religious tests for office are specifically banned.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/13/17 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

John Quincy Adams was not sworn on a Bible, but on a book of laws.

In fact, there's no evidence that any of the presidents from John Adams to John Tyler were sworn in on a Bible.

PostPosted: 12/14/17 4:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Did Roy tell that to his spokesman? Wow!

Quote:
Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, the first Hindu to join either chamber of Congress, used the sacred text from her faith in a ceremonial swearing-in conducted by Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio).

“I chose to take the oath of office with my personal copy of the Bhagavad-Gita because its teachings have inspired me to strive to be a servant-leader, dedicating my life in the service of others and to my country,” said Gabbard, who served in the Iraq War, after the swearing-in. “My Gita has been a tremendous source of inner peace and strength through many tough challenges in life, including being in the midst of death and turmoil while serving our country in the Middle East.”

Genero36

PostPosted: 12/14/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roy Moore turns recount into religious crusade: ‘Immorality sweeps over the land’

Quote:
It was a four-minute fire-and-brimstone video about abortion, same-sex marriage, school prayer, sodomy, and “the right of a man to claim to be a woman and vice versa.”

“We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity,” Moore said. “Today, we no longer recognize the universal truth that God is the author of our life and liberty. Abortion, sodomy and materialism have taken the place of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/roy-moore-turns-recount-into-religious-crusade-%e2%80%98immorality-sweeps-over-the-land%e2%80%99/ar-BBGImsR?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 12/14/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How gerrymandered in Alabama? If the Senate race had been a House race, the losing Republicans would have won six out of seven seats.

PostPosted: 12/14/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm beginning to see why you guys lose yourselves in something as innocuous as women's college hoops. This shit has broken me. If Moore had won and we had to go through that horror show for months, on top of the other horror show... I might have set the DVR to record fucking cornhole matches.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 12/14/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

these Christian jihadists make me want to puke.

PostPosted: 12/14/17 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I'm beginning to see why you guys lose yourselves in something as innocuous as women's college hoops. This shit has broken me. If Moore had won and we had to go through that horror show for months, on top of the other horror show... I might have set the DVR to record fucking cornhole matches.

I feel you. Tuesday morning, I felt as hopeless about this country as I have at any time since the November election.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/16/17 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Father of gay daughter who committed suicide protests against Moore.

His his visit to Ellen. Gotta love this guy!!!!

When he says that Moore needs psych. help and the story about the sign are priceless!!!

https://www.wthr.com/article/alabama-farmer-who-protested-roy-moores-stance-on-gays-sits-down-with-ellen

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/28/17 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moore has filed a lawsuit that there was voter fraud. Rolling Eyes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/27/roy-moore-alabama-senate-lawsuit/986573001/

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: