Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/17/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
I hope we win 5 games this season.

Seems pretty optimistic to me. Where are those wins coming from?

Anyway it's not a bad year to tank. Though little effort will be required for that. Add Kalani Brown and give K. Mitchell and ViVi a year to acclimate and Shenise a year back from injury...and this team will start to look like a real team again. Patience is clearly required in the short term.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just realized Erica McCall is on the final roster. I am tempted to take back everything I said about waiving Larkins.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I just realized Erica McCall is on the final roster. I am tempted to take back everything I said about waiving Larkins.

I don't know about Larkins off the court, but on the court she was a great role model of how the game should be played -- and again, given that you're going to lose anyway, that kind of leadership could be worth more than what I tend to see as the very, very low probability that Erica McCall will ever be a WNBA starter.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Larkins waived.

This is the rebuildiest of all rebuilds.

Larkins will find a spot on someone's bench.

Lynx could use her off the bench.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I don't know about Larkins off the court, but on the court she was a great role model of how the game should be played -- and again, given that you're going to lose anyway, that kind of leadership could be worth more than what I tend to see as the very, very low probability that Erica McCall will ever be a WNBA starter.

I saw very, very low probability that Erica McCall would be a WNBA player this year, so what do I know ...

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Always possible that Larkins saw the writing on the tanking wall and asked out, and they agreed to do her a solid and let her walk. Building a reputation with players and agents for doing things like that can be a useful thing for a franchise.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
miller40 wrote:
I hope we win 5 games this season.

Seems pretty optimistic to me. Where are those wins coming from?

Anyway it's not a bad year to tank. Though little effort will be required for that. Add Kalani Brown and give K. Mitchell and ViVi a year to acclimate and Shenise a year back from injury...and this team will start to look like a real team again. Patience is clearly required in the short term.

Right, hoping for 5 is the most optimistic outlook I could muster. Lol. I'm hoping for one against Chicago and Las Vegas each. And then maybe some more at the end of the season when contenders are resting starters.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/17/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Always possible that Larkins saw the writing on the tanking wall and asked out, and they agreed to do her a solid and let her walk. Building a reputation with players and agents for doing things like that can be a useful thing for a franchise.

Is she healthy? Because that was her biggest problem the last 2 seasons if i remember correctly. She is a solid defender for an undersized center. I wouldnt mind if the Storm would pick her up and drop Muldrow if she s healthy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 06/13/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Synchronized ankle breaking
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/df043272037e3fb7012c3dd0070fdd86/5B240ADA/t50.2886-16/34733909_243879043048967_2174157770025074688_n.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
chapulana

PostPosted: 06/13/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The lack of size is truly concerning. I'm wondering if Indiana could explore a trade package of Dupree/Shenise to a contender close to the deadline if they are producing and the team keeps losing big time (or if they win too, actually) to get some young big and maybe one pick.

The season is already lost, I like what I see tho and think this team is not that far from contending if they press the right buttons at the next Draft and its young core develop as expected.

The same as I think Minny would be a little rushed to throw the season away, I think Indiana should be poised to explore every option they can looking toward the future.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/13/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chapulana wrote:
The lack of size is truly concerning. I'm wondering if Indiana could explore a trade package of Dupree/Shenise to a contender close to the deadline if they are producing and the team keeps losing big time (or if they win too, actually) to get some young big and maybe one pick.

Imani McGee-Stafford is young, big, and available

PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

Stop putting that into the universe. I don't trust Pokey one bit.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

Stop putting that into the universe. I don't trust Pokey one bit.

I doubt either wants to play for each other .

PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

And has underwhelmed us in every possible aspect.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

I don't know how she could be available. She was used quite a bit last night.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/13/18 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 06/13/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

I know how she could be available. She was used quite a bit last night.

Confused You saying she was being showcased for a trade?

toad455

PostPosted: 06/13/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever just need to watch until 2019 and draft either McCowan or Brown. They'll lock in a solid bench player with their 2nd round pick, too.

PG: KMitchell/Wheeler
SG: TMitchell/Johnson/Abdelkader
SF: Vivians/2nd round pick
PF: Dupree/Mavunga/McCall
C: McCowan/Achonwa

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/13/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fever just need to watch until 2019 and draft either McCowan or Brown. They'll lock in a solid bench player with their 2nd round pick, too.

I dont think Dupree should be in their future plans moving forward. I do think they should wait it out for the Draft 19 tho .

PostPosted: 06/13/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

No 2nd round pick. They traded it to LV for Kayla Alexander.

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/14/18 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

No 2nd round pick. They traded it to LV for Kayla Alexander.

This. Reason why I think they should trade someone at some point for another pick and stack on big this next draft. Not much other than Pree tho...

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/14/18 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Counting on the draft is like counting on, well, Alaina Coates to be a WNBA starter.

PostPosted: 06/14/18 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Counting on the draft is like counting on, well, Alaina Coates to be a WNBA starter.

Exactly. Kayla Alexander isn't a player you build around, but she has demonstrated that she can be a serviceable deep bench player. No reason to expect that someone drafted at, say, No. 17, would be the same.

We are 10 games into the season, and half of the second round has already be waived by the teams that drafted them.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/14/18 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kayla Alexander's going to cost you twice as much as your average second-round pick, though, which is meaningful to some teams. Completely irrelevant to Indiana at the moment, but can become important once you're trying to fit in a host of max salaries under the cap.

PostPosted: 06/14/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Kayla Alexander's going to cost you twice as much as your average second-round pick, though, which is meaningful to some teams. Completely irrelevant to Indiana at the moment, but can become important once you're trying to fit in a host of max salaries under the cap.

If Indiana starts to have that problem, I will be happy to cut Alexander loose Very Happy

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/14/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Bloooooooooooop. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: