RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wings🦇 @ Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ - 8/12/18
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/18 4:57 pm    ::: Wings🦇 @ Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ - 8/12/18 Reply Reply with quote

Washington, DC - 3:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, NBCSWA

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180812/DALWAS

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018965

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 08/11/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Dallas won't be swapping picks with Washington Rolling Eyes .....Hopefully Hill can re-establish herself as one of the better backcourt defenders,and increase her three-point percentage to 35-40%...I don't think that's asking for too much.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I guess Dallas won't be swapping picks with Washington Rolling Eyes .....Hopefully Hill can re-establish herself as one of the better backcourt defenders,and increase her three-point percentage to 35-40%...I don't think that's asking for too much.

I believe the Mystics got the upper hand in the Aerial Powers-Tayler Hill Trade. Tayler signed a Restricted free Agent contract before the 2017 season with the Mystics, it's likely Tayler will be a Unrestricted Free Agent after this season while Aerial will still be on a Reserve Contract with the Mystics. It's a good possibility the Wings will have a few more weeks of Tayler's service while the Mystics will probably have 3 more years of Aerial's service. All the Wings will probably have left in the deal after Tayler leaves is a 2019 Low 2nd Rd pick who likely won't make the Wings team

Randy

PostPosted: 08/11/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peace and Love - Go Wings!

zune69

PostPosted: 08/11/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I believe the Mystics got the upper hand in the Aerial Powers-Tayler Hill Trade. Tayler signed a Restricted free Agent contract before the 2017 season with the Mystics, it's likely Tayler will be a Unrestricted Free Agent after this season while Aerial will still be on a Reserve Contract with the Mystics. It's a good possibility the Wings will have a few more weeks of Tayler's service while the Mystics will probably have 3 more years of Aerial's service. All the Wings will probably have left in the deal after Tayler leaves is a 2019 Low 2nd Rd pick who likely won't make the Wings team

Agreed,Dallas clearly got the short end of the stick with the Powers/Hill trade.Powers is still a young raw talent(24 yrs old-64 gms played)...while Hill is a 28 yr old,career 34% fg shooter who might be a UFA....However,Hill still has a chance to be a huge asset for Dallas.If she can become a reliable 3 and D player,that would really help improve two of the Wings biggest weaknesses,and give them more bench depth.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Agreed,Dallas clearly got the short end of the stick with the Powers/Hill trade.Powers is still a young raw talent(24 yrs old-64 gms played)...while Hill is a 28 yr old,career 34% fg shooter who might be a UFA....However,Hill still has a chance to be a huge asset for Dallas.If she can become a reliable 3 and D player,that would really help improve two of the Wings biggest weaknesses,and give them more bench depth.

Players often need more time coming back from ACL injury. Give it another year to get back to a decent level. But what kind of level was she at to begin with? Will she learn to be more effective?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dallas is showing the patience of Reeve with the backup PG position. They seem to be looking for magic in a bottle instead of letting the player develop. They had Chong. They had the opportunity to replace her with Loryn Goodwin, who I still think could be a player if some team would let her get her feet wet. They stuck with Chong but evidently weren’t all that happy with her since she got replaced by Romero. They avoided using Romero by using Davis as the backup PG. Now Davis is on a milk carton (or is she sick.... as in sick and tired of being on this team). Then they trade Powers (who could probably play some point herself) for a combo guard still trying to get her feet under her, but they are probably still expecting a lot from her.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/18 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should just sticky these in any Wings' game threads, but a must win for the Wings. A lose and Vegas will be just one game behind them.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Mojo

PostPosted: 08/12/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dallas is showing the patience of Reeve with the backup PG position. They seem to be looking for magic in a bottle instead of letting the player develop. They had Chong. They had the opportunity to replace her with Loryn Goodwin, who I still think could be a player if some team would let her get her feet wet. They stuck with Chong but evidently weren’t all that happy with her since she got replaced by Romero. They avoided using Romero by using Davis as the backup PG. Now Davis is on a milk carton (or is she sick.... as in sick and tired of being on this team). Then they trade Powers (who could probably play some point herself) for a combo guard still trying to get her feet under her, but they are probably still expecting a lot from her.

Agreeing... Keeping Chong would have been a safe choice. Keeping Goodwin would have been more exciting and better than Romero. Cutting Chong and Lewis while Plaisance was out and Glory and Powers were still on the mend was not wise. Not keeping Chong or Goodwin cost us Powers. Playing Davis at PG...out of position. The lone good move was George for Lewis, otherwise management has not helped the team jell

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Players often need more time coming back from ACL injury. Give it another year to get back to a decent level. But what kind of level was she at to begin with? Will she learn to be more effective?

25 mpg,high volume,sub 35% fg shooting starters aren’t going to help you win Championships.That being said,Hill does have some redeeming qualities as a basketball player…….In 2017 Hill was 1 of only 5 Mystics players with positive rating(EDD,Emma,Hawkins,Thomas,Hill)...Hill also had a 53% TS% and nearly a 2/1 a/t ratio(2.6a/1.4t)....In 2016 Hill was only 1 of 3 Mystic players who did not have a negative rating.She also had a better than 2/1 a/t ratio(2.9a/1.2t)...Hill's also a very good defender when healthy....If Hill fully recovers from her injury.I think she can thrive in a 15-20 role off the bench…...I’m trying to remain optimistic,but the HC/GM has me on the verge of adopting a new favorite basketball team(Chicago Sky)

Shades wrote:

Yeah,you can also add Zuhui.B,Akhator and Sims to the list of young players Dallas discarded,failed to develop or wasted a draft pick on….I was willing to give Akhator a fair chance...but drafting her 3rd overall was just asinine...And Why even draft Powers that high if you’re not going to give her 4 years to develop?...Dallas would’ve been better off drafting J.Jones....Davis,allegedly, was supposed to get traded to Washington,not Powers(WNBA 09).....Trading Powers because she might have bumped heads with Fred in practice was a stupid emotional move on the part of the wings...Letting Powers play out the season then trading or packaging her in a trade would have been the smart move to make...Washington definitely enticed Dallas by giving them the rights to swap draft picks.

The HC & GM should both be fired….Dallas is 14-16...but on Basketball Reference their expected record is 18-12.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hill shouldn't be coming off the bench. She should start and get minutes with bench units.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting jobs should be earned,not given.Hill is a career 34% fg shooter,only 5'9,and coming off a major injury.Sure,there are smaller SG's than Hill,but they score the ball at a higher rate or are better playmakers(Loyd.Toliver,Sims).Hill's not even a decent rebounder for her size(1.7 rpg for career)...Dallas drafting Durr is also a real possibility....However,If Hill outperforms Gray/Durr during training camp/preseason,I'll have no issue with her being the starting SG...But for now,Hill needs to embrace a lesser role.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Starting jobs should be earned,not given.Hill is a career 34% fg shooter,only 5'9,and coming off a major injury.Sure,there are smaller SG's than Hill,but they score the ball at a higher rate or are better playmakers(Loyd.Toliver,Sims).Hill's not even a decent rebounder for her size(1.7 rpg for career)...Dallas drafting Durr is also a real possibility....However,If Hill outperforms Gray/Durr during training camp/preseason,I'll have no issue with her being the starting SG...But for now,Hill needs to embrace a lesser role.

There's a good chance Tayler Hill will be a Unrestricted Free Agent after this season and won't be a Dallas Wing next season.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

There's a good chance Tayler Hill will be a Unrestricted Free Agent after this season and won't be a Dallas Wing next season.

Another reason to fire the G.M....Trade away a 3rd year top 5 pick for nothing.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens starting today.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Cambage today.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
No Cambage today.

TV reporters said they were not sure? she was warming up

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
toad455 wrote:
No Cambage today.

Going by some Twitter reports.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings doing a fantastic job on Delle Donne once again

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a sequence?!! Like a 30 shot point in tennis!

toad455 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
toad455 wrote:
No Cambage today.

Going by some Twitter reports.

She's looking quite antsy on the bench. Hopefully, she get's some time today.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can Stevens calm down? Jeez...

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Can Stevens calm down?

That's what you gotta do when you get the opportunity to step up.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkins is a very different player when Cloud isn't there to feed her the ball... Sad

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver just keeps feeding EDD the ball to get her going, I love it

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very nice first half by EDD, Tolliver and Atkins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: