RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Phoenix Mercury 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56400
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/27/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merc waive Tyler Scaife



_________________
Beard's secret is always to be slightly on the edge but to pull back from disaster at the last minute.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20180
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/27/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Merc waive Tyler Scaife

Tell us, oh WNBA Historian Deluxe, how often do rookies get waived before training camp even begins?



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/27/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couldn’t pass the physical?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Tally24



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2076
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/27/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Couldn’t pass the physical?


Lingering health issues following her procedure? This choice shocks be quite a bit.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6212
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/27/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Couldn’t pass the physical?


Lingering health issues following her procedure? This choice shocks be quite a bit.


Yeah sucks shes a real baller , just doesnt seem fair but physicals are important.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56400
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/18 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Merc waive Tyler Scaife

Tell us, oh WNBA Historian Deluxe, how often do rookies get waived before training camp even begins?


It happens every year. It's unusual for a second rounder.



_________________
Beard's secret is always to be slightly on the edge but to pull back from disaster at the last minute.
Tally24



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2076
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Recently read a report stating this was the first time since her rookie year that DT was present at the start of training camp. Brondello was quoted as saying she looked like a rookie running around out there. Hopefully referring to her energy level, not overall skill 😜
Tally24



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2076
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury training camp breakdown with roster predictions. The article was published today; however, the author has Scaife making the final roster.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/phoenix-mercury/content/2018-phoenix-mercury-training-camp-breakdown
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14257
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Couldn’t pass the physical?


Lingering health issues following her procedure? This choice shocks be quite a bit.


Yeah sucks shes a real baller , just doesnt seem fair but physicals are important.


Do players have a physical before the draft?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Couldn’t pass the physical?


Lingering health issues following her procedure? This choice shocks be quite a bit.


Yeah sucks shes a real baller just doesnt seem fair but physicals are important.


We don’t know for sure it was a problem with the physical.... it’s just the timing of it makes it look that way. And there’s more than one way to fail a physical.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6212
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Couldn’t pass the physical?


Lingering health issues following her procedure? This choice shocks be quite a bit.


Yeah sucks shes a real baller just doesnt seem fair but physicals are important.


We don’t know for sure it was a problem with the physical.... it’s just the timing of it makes it look that way. And there’s more than one way to fail a physical.


Of course theres more than one way . You dont know for sure or are you speaking for everyone ? Cool Cool



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury sign Mitchell to two year extension.

http://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-leilani-mitchell-agree-to-contract-extension/



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/09/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/18 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chelsea Nelson and Chatrice White waived.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe I’m reading too much into things, it could be just sloppy WNBA.com bookkeeping. Musina was the last drafted player to be signed on 4/26. Makes me think they were trying to talk her into deferring but finally gave in. Also, Tyler Scaife was waived on 4/26. Odd coincidence?

Anyway, if Musina is so eager to make the team this year that she wouldn’t defer, why is she taking so long getting over here? Missing a lot of training camp is not the way to make a team. It’s not like she’s the much ballyhooed Vadeeva who is a lock no matter what she does. It’s not like she’s worn out sitting on the bench of UMMC in a league that averages about one game a week. Seems odd that she’s taking her time, unless PHX assured her it was okay.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14891
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Maybe I’m reading too much into things, it could be just sloppy WNBA.com bookkeeping. Musina was the last drafted player to be signed on 4/26. Makes me think they were trying to talk her into deferring but finally gave in. Also, Tyler Scaife was waived on 4/26. Odd coincidence?

Anyway, if Musina is so eager to make the team this year that she wouldn’t defer, why is she taking so long getting over here? Missing a lot of training camp is not the way to make a team. It’s not like she’s the much ballyhooed Vadeeva who is a lock no matter what she does. It’s not like she’s worn out sitting on the bench of UMMC in a league that averages about one game a week. Seems odd that she’s taking her time, unless PHX assured her it was okay.


visa issues?



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mm



Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 46



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Maybe I’m reading too much into things, it could be just sloppy WNBA.com bookkeeping. Musina was the last drafted player to be signed on 4/26. Makes me think they were trying to talk her into deferring but finally gave in. Also, Tyler Scaife was waived on 4/26. Odd coincidence?

Anyway, if Musina is so eager to make the team this year that she wouldn’t defer, why is she taking so long getting over here? Missing a lot of training camp is not the way to make a team. It’s not like she’s the much ballyhooed Vadeeva who is a lock no matter what she does. It’s not like she’s worn out sitting on the bench of UMMC in a league that averages about one game a week. Seems odd that she’s taking her time, unless PHX assured her it was okay.


visa issues?


Yes. Vadeeva as well.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22515



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We now have an admin which doesn't want foreigners in the country, so it's no surprise that getting visas are more difficult....and especially coming from Russia (or any Muslim country). You would think coming to play pro basketball would make it straightforward, but then you would be trying to think logically and not politically. I mean maybe they have been turned into spies while playing basketball. Wink



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56400
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
You would think coming to play pro basketball would make it straightforward


Note that there haven't been any problems with foreign NBA players...



_________________
Beard's secret is always to be slightly on the edge but to pull back from disaster at the last minute.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7601



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
We now have an admin which doesn't want foreigners in the country, so it's no surprise that getting visas are more difficult....and especially coming from Russia (or any Muslim country). You would think coming to play pro basketball would make it straightforward, but then you would be trying to think logically and not politically. I mean maybe they have been turned into spies while playing basketball. Wink


I can't see the administration being bothered by players from Russia. They are probably hoping they will stick around and help out with the mid term elections.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6269



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
We now have an admin which doesn't want foreigners in the country, so it's no surprise that getting visas are more difficult....and especially coming from Russia (or any Muslim country). You would think coming to play pro basketball would make it straightforward, but then you would be trying to think logically and not politically. I mean maybe they have been turned into spies while playing basketball. Wink


Trump has been negative on foreigners from some countries, but Russia hasn't been one of them. There has been some negative diplomacy between the two countries recently due to the Russians poisoning two emmigrants living in the UK.


bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 589



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 21 gun salute is not available til next week😉


Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1108



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
We now have an admin which doesn't want foreigners in the country, so it's no surprise that getting visas are more difficult....and especially coming from Russia (or any Muslim country). You would think coming to play pro basketball would make it straightforward, but then you would be trying to think logically and not politically. I mean maybe they have been turned into spies while playing basketball. Wink


I can't see the administration being bothered by players from Russia. They are probably hoping they will stick around and help out with the mid term elections.
Lmao


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1872



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
We now have an admin which doesn't want foreigners in the country, so it's no surprise that getting visas are more difficult....and especially coming from Russia (or any Muslim country). You would think coming to play pro basketball would make it straightforward, but then you would be trying to think logically and not politically. I mean maybe they have been turned into spies while playing basketball. Wink


I can't see the administration being bothered by players from Russia. They are probably hoping they will stick around and help out with the mid term elections.


And he keeps them coming LMAO squared.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cannon & Prince waived.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6212
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Cannon & Prince waived.



Seattle should give Prince a look .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two more cuts needed if Angel Robinson is indeed showing up. Otherwise Wright should be the last cut.

PG: Mitchell/January
SG: Taurasi/Turner/Harden
SF: Bonner/Talbot
PF: Lyttle/Little/Musina
C: Griner/Gulich



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6212
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Two more cuts needed if Angel Robinson is indeed showing up. Otherwise Wright should be the last cut.

PG: Mitchell/January
SG: Taurasi/Turner/Harden
SF: Bonner/Talbot
PF: Lyttle/Little/Musina
C: Griner/Gulich


Musina should be placed in a SF depth chart. I cant see her defending any PF's in this league . She's a long SF .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1040



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

PF: Lyttle/Little/Musina
C: Griner/Gulich

That's a really weak post rotation when Sancho Lyttle has her annual multi-game injury spell.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Cannon & Prince waived.


Musina lives sight unseen? Shocked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

PF: Lyttle/Little/Musina
C: Griner/Gulich

That's a really weak post rotation when Sancho Lyttle has her annual multi-game injury spell.


well, since they just cut Cannon & unless Angel Robinson is actually showing up, that's who they have.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Two more cuts needed if Angel Robinson is indeed showing up. Otherwise Wright should be the last cut.

PG: Mitchell/January
SG: Taurasi/Turner/Harden
SF: Bonner/Talbot
PF: Lyttle/Little/Musina
C: Griner/Gulich


Musina should be placed in a SF depth chart. I cant see her defending any PF's in this league . She's a long SF .


Don’t sweat it. It looked like Bonner played a lot of PF overseas, so it’s either or.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4503



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see both Cannon and Prince getting picked up

Cannon- NY, Washington, LA, Seattle?

Prince- Atl, Vegas?


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1040



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Cannon & Prince waived.


Musina lives sight unseen? Shocked


Well, this gives Olaf Lange a lot of summer time developing one of his national team players.

I actually thought Prince outperformed Talbot in the limited minutes she got last year.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cannon is strong but she’s on the short side if I remember right. Chicago?

If I were ATL, I’d hold out for whatever the Sparks dispatch, hopefully Shakayla Thomas.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Cannon & Prince waived.


Musina lives sight unseen? Shocked


Well, this gives Olaf Lange a lot of summer time developing one of his national team players.

I actually thought Prince outperformed Talbot in the limited minutes she got last year.


Is Olaf officially an assistant on the Mercury staff?

Whose national team is Talbot on? Wink



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20180
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought Cannon might end up getting caught in the numbers game. Might not get picked up right away, but could definitely see her as the random post someone calls midseason to fill a hole.

Robinson never signed a contract and was never listed as part of Phoenix's training camp roster, so is presumably not coming. I don't really understand the Prince love. Has shown nothing to this point in the WNBA.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1040



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Cannon & Prince waived.


Musina lives sight unseen? Shocked


Well, this gives Olaf Lange a lot of summer time developing one of his national team players.

I actually thought Prince outperformed Talbot in the limited minutes she got last year.


Is Olaf officially an assistant on the Mercury staff?

Whose national team is Talbot on? Wink


I've been wondering that since last year lol. He's almost always in their practice photos/videos.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6212
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

PF: Lyttle/Little/Musina
C: Griner/Gulich

That's a really weak post rotation when Sancho Lyttle has her annual multi-game injury spell.


Laughing This is so true Laughing Goes back to her Houston Comet Days!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Tally24



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2076
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/15/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing against Cannon, but I am happy with the move. We don’t need a 6’1 PF who can’t shoot and is turnover prone.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/15/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per the Mercury, Musina is not coming over this season. Mercury roster at 12 now. Wright makes roster unless they bring in someone off of waivers. Mercury could use another post.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20180
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/15/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Per the Mercury, Musina is not coming over this season. Mercury roster at 12 now. Wright makes roster unless they bring in someone off of waivers. Mercury could use another post.

What I read said they're not expecting Musina for the start of the season - not necessarily that she's not coming at all.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
sportsfan48



Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 1115



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

I actually thought Prince outperformed Talbot in the limited minutes she got last year.


Statistically Prince might have had better numbers per minute but she played against different talent. Talbot's greatest strength, IMO, is that she is a smart basketball player, like many Aussie players. She needs to improve her ball handling some but her decision making is good.

Is Talbot a member of the Opals?

Not sure what is happening with Musina but she is far from sight unseen. Sandy has seen what she can do with atleast 3 of our starters.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Not sure what is happening with Musina but she is far from sight unseen. Sandy has seen what she can do with at least 3 of our starters.


I was talking camp-wise. Sometimes when you get a player into an actual WNBA camp, you don’t always get what you expected.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18247



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Is Talbot a member of the Opals?

Yes



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14891
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 4:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Talbot. She is still young and has lots to learn but has potential.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5999
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Musina and Harden waived.

That leave them with 11.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani Wright made the final cut? Shocked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Imani Wright made the final cut? Shocked


Yes. Surprised she made the cut over Harden. And Musina just waived, not suspended? I wonder if Angel Robinson IS showing up now.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47850



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Imani Wright made the final cut? Shocked


Musina just waived, not suspended?


Supposedly Musina didn't want to be deferred, so I guess it was either wait for her or cut her. A suspension would be like a deferral.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin