Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Hightower waived. Mystics down to 13. Final cut one of Peters, Hines-Allen or Sanders.

Peters waived.

Yay for Hines-Allen making the team !

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Hightower waived. Mystics down to 13. Final cut one of Peters, Hines-Allen or Sanders.

Peters waived.

Yay for Hines-Allen making the team !

Opening Day:
PG: Toliver, Cloud
SG: TRP, Atkins
SF: Currie, SWK
PF: EDD, Hines-Allen
C: Thomas, Hawkins

Sometime in June:

PG: Toliver,Cloud
SG: TRP, Atkins, Hill
SF: Currie, SWK
PF: EDD, Hawkins, Hines-Allen
C: Thomas, Sanders

IMHO, Hawkins is not a center so opening the season with her as back up center is a glaring weakness. By contrast, THawk has been tearing it up at PF, so the team is immediately improved when Sanders arrives due to THawk returning to her best position and no longer trying to guard centers several inches taller. Thomas, at 6'5 is somewhat on the small side for centers these days, but is an excellent defender. Obviously she'll be taller than any center on Indiana or Seattle.

Not holding my breath as to when Tayler will be starting caliber. I figure we'll be doing well to have her for a few minutes mid to late June. I wouldn't expect her to start until at least August.

~rAf
stever

PostPosted: 05/27/18 5:34 pm    ::: Louisville could have another breakout rookie in the WNBA Reply Reply with quote

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/05/25/louisville-basketball-myisha-hines-allen-next-wnba-rookie-star/641025002/

Quote:
When Hines-Allen found out she made the Mystics' final roster, she sent a group text to Louisville's coaching staff, one emphasized with more than a couple exclamation points.

"We were all screaming," Purcell said. "That's all she worked for, to realize her dream."

Walz, Purcell and the other Louisville coaches still send Hines-Allen short texts of encouragement to let her know they're watching. But they refrain from offering specific critiques as they did just months earlier when Hines-Allen was still a Cardinal.

"If I did that, she wouldn't respond," Purcell joked.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/27/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Mystics bench will be the key to their success this season. Very impressive today vs. Minnesota.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD out with a stomach flu halfway through a game. Hmmm sorry im being questionable but her history of fake injuries validate it . How long before the famous 4-5 game break she takes every season?

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
EDD out with a stomach flu halfway through a game. Hmmm sorry im being questionable but her history of fake injuries validate it . How long before the famous 4-5 game break she takes every season?

I would be worried about a re-occurrence of Lyme disease. There is nothing fake about Lyme disease.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I would be worried about a re-occurrence of Lyme disease. There is nothing fake about Lyme disease.

Never said lyme disease was fake. I stated her history of fake injuries.

PostPosted: 05/28/18 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Never said lyme disease was fake. I stated her history of fake injuries.

What history of fake injuries are you talking about?

UK1996

PostPosted: 05/28/18 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Or Maybe just Maybe, she is just an injury prone player. There could be effects of her Lyme disease that make her more injury prone.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/28/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or she just has a stomach flu Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/28/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

LOL - Don't be ridiculous. Where do you even come up with this stuff?

PostPosted: 05/28/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Or at least flu-like symptoms...

PostPosted: 05/29/18 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This whole conversation is so unbelievable. I have watched EDD play since she was in high school. Heard about her in junior high school. Too hear some of the comments really, really bother me that people will sit in their home and say some of the things I read here.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
This whole conversation is so unbelievable. I have watched EDD play since she was in high school. Heard about her in junior high school. Too hear some of the comments really, really bother me that people will sit in their home and say some of the things I read here.

I think the only person you can blame is EDD herself. She may really be under the weather but her history speaks for itself.

PostPosted: 05/29/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:

I think WNBA 09 is the only one making accusations here... EDD has had her share of injuries and the Lyme shit but I haven't heard that any of it was fake or that there is any evidence of it being fake.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/29/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

I think the only person you can blame is EDD herself. She may really be under the weather but her history speaks for itself.

A history of being injury/illness prone. She's hardly the only one. Saying she's faked injuries is a much different accusation and one you likely have absolutely no proof of.

PostPosted: 05/29/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are plenty of fake things about EDD (hair color, some of her baskets, etc) but I've never heard of her faking injuries.

PostPosted: 05/29/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

A history of being injury/illness prone. She's hardly the only one. Saying she's faked injuries is a much different accusation and one you likely have absolutely no proof of.

Maybe i should be more specific , the whole Chicago debacle where she chose to have Thumb surgery as the playoffs began.

PostPosted: 05/29/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Without knowing the specific injury, it's hard to pooh pooh it. The fact that it needed surgery indicates it wasn't fake. My nephew lost his football scholie after a weird thumb injury and multiple surgeries which couldn't fix it so I have a strong appreciation for what thumb problems can do. He tried to play through it and that may have been what made it unfixable.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Without knowing the specific injury, it's hard to pooh pooh it. The fact that it needed surgery indicates it wasn't fake. My nephew lost his football scholie after a weird thumb injury and multiple surgeries which couldn't fix it so I have a strong appreciation for what thumb problems can do. He tried to play through it and that may have been what made it unfixable.

Yeah sure , she could have had that surgery at anytime during the season but magically decided to when playoffs started , then leaves the team the following year and says in her article "She was not committed" . #HistorySpeaksForItself

PostPosted: 05/29/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still not a fake thumb injury then Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/29/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't mean to be her apologist. I'm just saying that I don't know. But of course you can have your opinion.

And in general I hate it when players demand trades even when it is understandable. The Sky at least got something useful in that one but got totally screwed when Dupree demanded out and especially when Syl demanded out. and CT got screwed with the Tina demands...and basically Tina quit on CT the year before, so if you're blaming EDD for quitting, you can blame these other guys as well. Anyway I digress.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/29/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She does seem to have some issues. However, I think any player should be allowed to go play where they want if it is within their realm, why the heck not.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/29/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Cloud, Delle Donne or Hill tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ouch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: