RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/31/18 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Mystics appear to be just as good, if not better, without EDD. What does that tell you?

It tells you the same as with the Boston Celtics. Other talented players have more chances and they take advantage of it. But IMO they need EDD, Cloud and even Emma to be a championship contender. And the Celtics arent going to win a championship without Irving and Hayward. Similar situation

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 05/31/18 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Hey Mystics fans! Have we got a great team, or what?

EDD is a great player and now she's on a great team with a coach who knows how to take advantage of the skills/talents of the players on the squad. She could have blocked a couple of Bonner's shots tonight.

A couple of things we now know:

THawk is for real and needs to be on the floor a lot. Starting alongside EDD is fine with me.
AAtkins is a player! I'll never doubt Coach Thibault's draft selections again. Playing some PG so KTO could search her shot was a great plus.
KTO, who set her on fire?
Monique is playing her role well. Great addition to the team.
Myisha does great in certain matchups. Glad she's got a coach who understands when to play her more or less.

Tayler, you better come back ready to play cuz you got some REAL competition for minutes now.

Wheeeewww that about sums it up! I didn't doubt that we could be this good but i can't believe we're finally championship contenders Laughing

PostPosted: 05/31/18 3:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

EDD is a great player and now she's on a great team with a coach who knows how to take advantage of the skills/talents of the players on the squad. She could have blocked a couple of Bonner's shots tonight.

THawk is for real and needs to be on the floor a lot. Starting alongside EDD is fine with me.
AAtkins is a player! I'll never doubt Coach Thibault's draft selections again. Playing some PG so KTO could search her shot was a great plus.
Myisha does great in certain matchups. Glad she's got a coach who understands when to play her more or less.

Tayler, you better come back ready to play cuz you got some REAL competition for minutes now.

Wheeeewww that about sums it up! I didn't doubt that we could be this good but i can't believe we're finally championship contenders Laughing
Mystics fans who don't already have them, had better start signing up for season tickets now because if the team starts getting popular again there won't be enough room for everyone in the arena next season.

PostPosted: 05/31/18 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Mystics appear to be just as good, if not better, without EDD. What does that tell you?

That some people still haven't learned from when John Wall went down a couple months ago and some overreacted to a good streak of games without him.

It's easy to forget that EDD has been the only starter to consistently play well in 1st quarters up until now.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/31/18 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics provide more proof for the Patrick Ewing Theory.

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/010509a

(Too bad it didn't work for the Dream last year.)

greg5222

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Send her to Belgium with Emma? Laughing

Geez, this is the Mystics thread. Troll takeover alert!

Emma = Trade? Maybe? No? Very interesting!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

Last edited by greg5222 on 05/31/18 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I am very excited about this team. Atkins was an outstanding pick.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I am very excited about this team. Atkins was an outstanding pick.

Can't believe she wasn't even invited to the draft. She does everything well.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Send her to Belgium with Emma? Laughing

Geez, this is the Mystics thread. Troll takeover alert!

Emma = Trade? Maybe. No. Very interesting!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

I read where Thibault and Elena Delle Donne said the Power Forward position is where she's at her best. I can see the Mystics entertaining a trade offer for Emma Meesseman

Excerpt from Wash Post 5/2/18
As new season dawns, Mystics prepare for life without Emma Meesseman

“She’s played so long as the four, especially when you’re what we call a stretch four and you can step out behind the three-point line or post up, you see that the diversity in her game gets better used,” Thibault said of Delle Donne, who finished fourth in the WNBA with 19.7 points per game last year. “I think last year in playing the three it got our best players on the floor, but I think that we didn’t get her enough shots last year in spots that she’s better at with the ball. We didn’t post her up as much last year . . . and the other part of it is on the defensive end. Chasing smaller players around screens all day is different than what she was used to on the defensive end.”

“I love playing the four,” Delle Donne said. “Last season I had to get comfortable in that three position, so this year I’m going back to my comfort zone a little bit and playing that spot. I think it’ll be a good move.”

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Washington being championship contenders in multiple sports makes all the sense in the world to me!

My biggest regret is that I don't know (or haven't bothered) learning how to bet on sports, because over the past month or so, I believe that a theory I've had that the entire purpose of sports is to troll Minnesota is 100% law.

The Vikings were supposed to win the Super Bowl this year (though every year they do they choke), but, in the most Troll Minnesota outcome ever, the Minnesota Miracle play to beat the Saints was followed by the team basically not showing up against the Eagles in the NFC Title Game, and the Eagles success is indirectly due to the Sam Bradford trade the Vikings made with them. And the Vikings had to trade for Bradford because their promising young quarterback, Teddy Bridgewater, had the most freak injury ever in training camp a year earlier.
I knew after the first round of NHL Playoffs that the Stanley Cup Final would probably be Vegas against Washington, because the most Troll Minnesota outcome would be having a team from the desert that took 0 years to field a team better than any team in Wild history versus the team from the Metropolitan area that was considered equally as cursed as Minnesota. I even Tweeted an account ran by a Capitals fan who fully expected that the Capitals were going to choke to the Penguins yet again this year that I'd still bet on the Caps winning the Cup because that's the most Troll Minnesota outcome.
The Twins haven't won a playoff series since they cut David Ortiz. David Ortiz is responsible for ending the Red Sox's Curse, and I have been 100% convinced the Twins are now under the Curse of the Papi as a result.
The Timberwolves have been ran by idiots forever, except Flip Saunders, and once Flip Saunders had the team in a good position for the future after drafting Towns, he gets sick and dies, and they hire Thibs, who I have zero confidence in now because all he did was sell his soul to Jimmy Butler & other of his former Bulls, and he's turning the team into a team that is only going to have perennial early exits in the playoffs and have serious roster conflicts coming up.
Now I have no confidence in the Lynx. The Lynx with Maya & Fowles should have at least one or two titles left, but I think Reeve, perhaps inspired by how the Vikings helped her Eagles become Super Bowl Champions, instead decided she'd make Seattle a better team by letting them have Natasha Howard (yes, by the end of the year, I will have slipped her name into every thread on this board!)
The cursed Cubs won a World Series, Cleveland won a title (though LeBron being the G.O.A.T. helps), the Eagles won a Super Bowl, and after the Caps win the Stanley Cup, one or both of the Mystics and Nationals are probably at least making it to the WNBA Finals/World Series.
I can't wait for the San Diego Padres to win a World Series, or the Browns, Lions, or Bills win a Super Bowl before a Minnesota team ever wins a championship again!

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/31/18 11:16 am; edited 5 times in total
vallee

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on where the game on the 7th may be played?
The Caps will be out of town playing in the Stanley Cup Finals that night, and Monumental Sports has been opening up the arena in DC during the away games to Caps fans to watch on the jumbotron.
I suspect they're trying to move the Mystics game to the University of Maryland arena in College Park.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 06/01/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Ditto! I am definitely excited with this start.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/01/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vallee wrote:
The Caps will be out of town playing in the Stanley Cup Finals that night, and Monumental Sports has been opening up the arena in DC during the away games to Caps fans to watch on the jumbotron.
I suspect they're trying to move the Mystics game to the University of Maryland arena in College Park.

Apparently they're not moving it physically, just starting it three hours earlier than originally scheduled: https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/1002713835663437824

PostPosted: 06/01/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
vallee wrote:

Apparently they're not moving it physically, just starting it three hours earlier than originally scheduled: https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/1002713835663437824

a 4:00 game on a Thursday. That'll bring in maybe 100 people?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington Mystics have a litany of ailments, led by Elena Delle Donne

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/06/06/washington-mystics-have-a-litany-of-ailments-led-by-elena-delle-donne/

Here’s something you don’t see often from a team. A fairly complete breakdown of team injuries with prognosises.

Elena Delle Donne
Delle Donne has been experiencing flu-like symptoms, although she and her doctors aren’t quite sure what the illness is.
Prognosis:
The star forward is listed as questionable for Thursday’s 4 p.m. game against the defending WNBA champion Lynx. On Sunday, Thibault gave an estimate of 7-10 days for her return, and guessed her first game back would be against Connecticut on June 13.

Natasha Cloud
Has missed three games because of kidney stones, which as of Tuesday she had still not passed. The 26-year-old also had kidney stones two years ago.
Prognosis:
Available to play Thursday despite not having passed her kidney stones.

LaToya Sanders
Missed the first five games of the season with anemia.
Prognosis:
Available.

Tierra Ruffin-Pratt
Sat out Tuesday’s practice with a sore jaw after she took a hard fall at Phoenix last week and got clocked in the face during Sunday’s loss to Connecticut.
Prognosis:
Available Thursday.

Tayler Hill
Recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament tear from last summer.
Has been participating in one-on-one and two-on-two drills but has yet to graduate to full five-on-five action.
Prognosis:
Expect return end of June.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/06/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actual information -- I'm surprised the WNBA didn't get it erased immediately.

PostPosted: 06/06/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Thibault's candor.

It's too bad the Mystics are unlikely to be at full strength for tomorrow's game against the Lynx, which will probably be a circus because of the Caps viewing party.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/07/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Mystics home games will be played at the Smith Center. 5,000 seat capacity.

https://twitter.com/gene_wang/status/1026911321848205312?s=19

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 08/07/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Terrific in-town venue at George Washington University; would be a really good atmosphere.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/07/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Terrific in-town venue at George Washington University; would be a really good atmosphere.

it might be nice if they could stay there instead of migrating to the burbs at the weird practice facility. [sorry if that is an ignorant remark. obviously I don't know much about it other than what people have posted on here]

- Amanda Gorman
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 08/07/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
toad455 wrote:

it might be nice if they could stay there instead of migrating to the burbs at the weird practice facility. [sorry if that is an ignorant remark. obviously I don't know much about it other than what people have posted on here]

The new arena is not in the burbs, it’s in DC. And Monumental is not about to rent out a different arena when they just built a new one.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/07/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
myrtle wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The new arena is not in the burbs, it’s in DC. And Monumental is not about to rent out a different arena when they just built a new one.

I suspected that - but apparently not in the swellest part of town.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
myrtle wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I suspected that - but apparently not in the swellest part of town.

I sold a home for close to 500K recently in that so call not swell part of town

pilight

PostPosted: 08/17/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena Delle Donne Is a Monster Giant Right Now

https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/17/17706104/elena-delle-donne-washington-mystics-wnba-delle-devil

Quote:
And that’s the story of the time a Brachiosaurus said the word “fuck.”

PostPosted: 08/17/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics organization has been keeping very quiet about the new arena. No mention of what concessions will be there, if a parking lot will be available, directions,.... They don't even seem to be pushing renewals - they've finally opened one of the suites to process renewals, but I can recall any reminders on the big screen or on seats. We've renewed, but the seating chart just shows general sections. We've been told that they'll have a seat selection event "sometime in December"

And of course, we've been given no information on how seating will be handled for the Smith Center play-off games this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: