Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
No Cloud, Delle Donne or Hill tonight.

...more minutes for Hines-Allen & Atkins, quite possibly a blessing in disguise?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
toad455 wrote:
No Cloud, Delle Donne or Hill tonight.

...more minutes for Hines-Allen & Atkins, quite possibly a blessing in disguise?

Not without Cloud. We might not score 70 tonight.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I don't mean to be her apologist. I'm just saying that I don't know. But of course you can have your opinion.

And in general I hate it when players demand trades even when it is understandable. The Sky at least got something useful in that one but got totally screwed when Dupree demanded out and especially when Syl demanded out. and CT got screwed with the Tina demands...and basically Tina quit on CT the year before, so if you're blaming EDD for quitting, you can blame these other guys as well. Anyway I digress.

I respect this myrtle ! Thank you and yes i do blame all those players for quitting on there team . At least give the team time to negotiate a work around.

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always thought the lousy deals Pokey made for Fowles (and Cash for that matter) where the real reason she got canned. Owner was afraid she would give away EDD for nothing as well.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do you know there were no negotiations?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
How do you know there were no negotiations?

How do you know there were ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/29/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Errr, hence the question, that’s what I am asking.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Errr, hence the question, that’s what I am asking.

If a player is not "Committed" to the team do you think shes going to wait for a negotiation ? Or just decide not to play until its figured out ? Only difference between her and most Stars that demanded a trade is that she had a cop out "Random Finger Surgery" versus players verbally stating they are going to sit out. Its essentially the same thing , she did not play for them anymore therefor she "Chose" to sit out .

PostPosted: 05/29/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it's fake that EDD faked fake injuries? Or have I been faked out by the discussion.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/29/18 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is Doctor Smith when you need him? Oh, the pain. THE PAIN!

PostPosted: 05/29/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
So it's fake that EDD faked fake injuries? Or have I been faked out by the discussion.

Some think she had fake injuries or at least faked fake injuries. Others think it is all fake news.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Some think she had fake injuries or at least faked fake injuries. Others think it is all fake news.

#Fake Fake News = No New News Laughing

PostPosted: 05/29/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There are plenty of fake things about EDD (hair color, some of her baskets, etc) but I've never heard of her faking injuries.

#NeverForget

PostPosted: 05/29/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
There are plenty of fake things about EDD (hair color, some of her baskets, etc) but I've never heard of her faking injuries.

#NeverForget

Dead Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/29/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
This whole conversation is so unbelievable. I have watched EDD play since she was in high school. Heard about her in junior high school. Too hear some of the comments really, really bother me that people will sit in their home and say some of the things I read here.

I think the only person you can blame is EDD herself. She may really be under the weather but her history speaks for itself.

A history of being injury/illness prone. She's hardly the only one. Saying she's faked injuries is a much different accusation and one you likely have absolutely no proof of.

Maybe i should be more specific , the whole Chicago debacle where she chose to have Thumb surgery as the playoffs began.

Omg WNBA09! Really? I can understand someone having a history of being injury prone. But how can you imply that athletes fake injuries? You make it seem as if they fake injuries because they don't want to play. If nothing was legitimately wrong with EDD, and she didn't want to play basketball again, then she would just retire. As far as the thumb surgery, as a fan, I would rather see a player healthy than to see them out there playing injured and doing more harm than help for their team.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/29/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
This whole conversation is so unbelievable. I have watched EDD play since she was in high school. Heard about her in junior high school. Too hear some of the comments really, really bother me that people will sit in their home and say some of the things I read here.

I think the only person you can blame is EDD herself. She may really be under the weather but her history speaks for itself.

A history of being injury/illness prone. She's hardly the only one. Saying she's faked injuries is a much different accusation and one you likely have absolutely no proof of.

Maybe i should be more specific , the whole Chicago debacle where she chose to have Thumb surgery as the playoffs began.

Omg WNBA09! Really? I can understand someone having a history of being injury prone. But how can you imply that athletes fake injuries? You make it seem as if they fake injuries because they don't want to play. If nothing was legitimately wrong with EDD, and she didn't want to play basketball again, then she would just retire. As far as the thumb surgery, as a fan, I would rather see a player healthy than to see them out there playing injured and doing more harm than help for their team.

She pretty much did , i wont say "Fake" since that seems to ruffle feathers here but the timing of the thumb surgery toppled by her leaving the team the following season should not be praised. After the article about her not being committed she kind of fell of my favorite players list.

PostPosted: 05/30/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
She pretty much did , i wont say "Fake" since that seems to ruffle feathers here but the timing of the thumb surgery toppled by her leaving the team the following season should not be praised. After the article about her not being committed she kind of fell of my favorite players list.

With all due, this sounds more like your perception of what transpired based on your assumptions, rather than what she actually said or what actually happened.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

With all due, this sounds more like your perception of what transpired based on your assumptions, rather than what she actually said or what actually happened.

Yes thats exactly what it is

PostPosted: 05/30/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics arent my team but their bench is fun. I have been impressed by the play of MHA & Ariel SWK Cloud.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/30/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Mystics arent my team but their bench is fun. I have been impressed by the play of MHA & Ariel SWK Cloud.

yeah, great fun to watch.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 05/30/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics appear to be just as good, if not better, without EDD. What does that tell you?

PostPosted: 05/30/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Mystics appear to be just as good, if not better, without EDD. What does that tell you?

Your avatar is the real MVP of the 3-To-See? Cool

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Send her to Belgium with Emma? Laughing

PostPosted: 05/31/18 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Send her to Belgium with Emma? Laughing

Geez, this is the Mystics thread. Troll takeover alert!

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/31/18 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Mystics fans! Have we got a great team, or what?

EDD is a great player and now she's on a great team with a coach who knows how to take advantage of the skills/talents of the players on the squad. She could have blocked a couple of Bonner's shots tonight.

A couple of things we now know:

THawk is for real and needs to be on the floor a lot. Starting alongside EDD is fine with me.
AAtkins is a player! I'll never doubt Coach Thibault's draft selections again. Playing some PG so KTO could search her shot was a great plus.
KTO, who set her on fire?
Monique is playing her role well. Great addition to the team.
Myisha does great in certain matchups. Glad she's got a coach who understands when to play her more or less.

Tayler, you better come back ready to play cuz you got some REAL competition for minutes now.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: