Total Votes : 29

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/18/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
As playoff foes the Styx were lame,
Of this I tell no fibs.
The team that woulda had more game:
The one-undone ad-Libs.

Maybe next time the Liberty can play like the better team against the Mystics, if they're truly better Wink

PostPosted: 09/19/17 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

none of all the above emma. it's toliver has to stop thinking she is or wanting to be kobe bryant. selfish basketball never win!

PostPosted: 09/19/17 4:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Hill should get more shots than Toliver because she's a more versatile and consistent scorer.

Consistent? Hill is a career 34% shooter vs. Toliver at 44%.

Game-to-game consistency. When Toliver's outside shot isn't falling she tends to take herself out of the game. When Hill's shot isn't falling she stays aggressive, gets to the line, and makes plays for other players.

Hill will get you 10-20 points almost every game. Toliver sometimes gets you 15, sometimes 5, sometimes 30.

I agree with you on that. She stops being agressive and that cant happen but she is still your best pick& roll player.

Also i dont know what is worse. Stop shooting the ball when your not playing well or keep on taking shots when they are not falling (what Hill often does) while you have better players on your team...

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/19/17 5:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't care about Hill missing 5 shots in a row if she gets to the line 3 times and salvages a bunch of garbage possessions in the process. When you need buckets against a team like Minnesota, you can't go to EDD because they're going to guard her tight and not give you the opportunity. But their guards can't keep up with Hill and she's going to put an extra foul on 2 on their bigs. Sure, you don't want Tayler to be your 1st option, but her skillset is extremely valuable. Just a week ago Liberty fans were wishing they had a player like this, someone who can just take the ball and get 2 points on any given possession.

Toliver didn't just stop shooting when not playing well. She stopped playing point guard too. On most possessions she'd just bring the ball up, dump it to TRP and run off to hide in the corner. Our offense can't function like that. She got better about this by the end of the season and in playoffs, hopefully that carries over.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I don't care about Hill missing 5 shots in a row if she gets to the line 3 times and salvages a bunch of garbage possessions in the process. When you need buckets against a team like Minnesota, you can't go to EDD because they're going to guard her tight and not give you the opportunity. But their guards can't keep up with Hill and she's going to put an extra foul on 2 on their bigs. Sure, you don't want Tayler to be your 1st option, but her skillset is extremely valuable. Just a week ago Liberty fans were wishing they had a player like this, someone who can just take the ball and get 2 points on any given possession.

Toliver didn't just stop shooting when not playing well. She stopped playing point guard too. On most possessions she'd just bring the ball up, dump it to TRP and run off to hide in the corner. Our offense can't function like that. She got better about this by the end of the season and in playoffs, hopefully that carries over.

I noticed this too. It's unfortunate for the Mystics when she does this because she can be so lethal when she's playing point. Her body language just showed she was tired and didn't want to be involved.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/19/17 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I noticed this too. It's unfortunate for the Mystics when she does this because she can be so lethal when she's playing point. Her body language just showed she was tired and didn't want to be involved.

I assumed she was doing that because Mike set it up like that. Otherwise I think she's totally willing to have the ball in her hands. I would guess the idea was to try to get her some open shots.

- Amanda Gorman
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/19/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
kojthiabkuv wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I assumed she was doing that because Mike set it up like that. Otherwise I think she's totally willing to have the ball in her hands. I would guess the idea was to try to get her some open shots.

That's it exactly. The Lynx were bringing a ton of ball pressure when she was the primary handler. Reeve was trying to make her pass it. The counter to that from Mike was moving her to the 2 and trying to free her up with some back screens and other action.

Toliver is always Reeve's main focus. Even moreso than EDD. Toliver is one of those players that if she gets a flow to her, she will start hitting everything no matter how ugly. The best way to neutralize her is to not let her get going in the first place, before she's in that zone.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
myrtle wrote:
kojthiabkuv wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

That's it exactly. The Lynx were bringing a ton of ball pressure when she was the primary handler. Reeve was trying to make her pass it. The counter to that from Mike was moving her to the 2 and trying to free her up with some back screens and other action.

Toliver is always Reeve's main focus. Even moreso than EDD. Toliver is one of those players that if she gets a flow to her, she will start hitting everything no matter how ugly. The best way to neutralize her is to not let her get going in the first place, before she's in that zone.

That's not quite what I was talking about. She checked out of multiple regular season games the way I described.

When Cloud is in, she's the primary ballhandler, Toliver playing off-ball in that situation is by design. When the starting 5 is in and Toliver stops trying to do anything on offense, that's something else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: