RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Draft lottery postponed from tomorrow to ''a later date''
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 902



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.l

L
I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17803



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.l

L
I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


Yeah, I wouldn't go all-in with the expectations either tbh. I do think her intent is there, but one injury tripping over some little guard in the WNBL this season could easily get that plane ticket cancelled.

Great to hear that things are looking up for you health-wise though, Catch24Rules. Smile



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5051
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


This has dumbfounded me for awhile but ya gotta love the loyalty, persistence and blind faith. Maybe its just that I'm a pessimist.
Catch24Rules



Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 230
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.l

L
I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


Yeah, I wouldn't go all-in with the expectations either tbh. I do think her intent is there, but one injury tripping over some little guard in the WNBL this season could easily get that plane ticket cancelled.

Great to hear that things are looking up for you health-wise though, Catch24Rules. Smile


Thanks so much Luuuc! I'm not throwing all my $$ on the table that she will definitely be back, but am for sure tossing some pennies out there to keep some "positive mojo" going in the hopes that it happens. Wink


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.l

L
I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


Check the Dallas wings thread please 2018. Shes verbally stated she will be in dallas , lets not be that fan who makes it hard for a player to grow up and become an adult . 2nd chance anyone ?



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.


I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Hey hey WFFL !! Cant wait to see you back next season !!!



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 902



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.l

L
I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


Check the Dallas wings thread please 2018. Shes verbally stated she will be in dallas , lets not be that fan who makes it hard for a player to grow up and become an adult . 2nd chance anyone ?


I know she verbally stated that. Just like has in the past and then changed her mind at the last minute. I have nothing against her, and never said anything about dogging her about not growing up and being an adult. Charlie Collier verbally stated she would play for Uconn. Then she changed her mind. A verbal commitment means nothing. Signing a contract means nothing. When she’s in a uniform, on the floor when the 40 minute timer starts, then we can talk.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55145
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
pilight wrote:
The NBA is about to vote on lottery reform. Perhaps they're going to use the W as a guinea pig.


Good point ... it would make sense to have both lottery systems the same.


https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-nba-approves-draft-lottery-reform-to-prevent-tanking-and-player-resting-rules/

Quote:
The changes, which will reportedly go into effect before the 2019 draft, would give the NBA teams with the three worst records an equal chance at securing the top pick. As it stands now, the league's worst team has a 25 percent chance of getting the No. 1 pick, while the next-worst team's chance drops to 19.9 percent.



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14692



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doubt this affects the WNBA. they have their own separate anti-tanking system in place now.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

lets not be that fan who makes it hard for a player to grow up and become an adult .


I sincerely doubt any fan has anything whatsoever to do with whether Cambage does or does not "grow up and become an adult". That is entirely on her.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.l

L
I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Nothing has been confirmed about Cambage. With her track record, I’m surprised anyone here is even ‘thinking’ she’s coming back for sure.


Check the Dallas wings thread please 2018. Shes verbally stated she will be in dallas , lets not be that fan who makes it hard for a player to grow up and become an adult . 2nd chance anyone ?


I know she verbally stated that. Just like has in the past and then changed her mind at the last minute. I have nothing against her, and never said anything about dogging her about not growing up and being an adult. Charlie Collier verbally stated she would play for Uconn. Then she changed her mind. A verbal commitment means nothing. Signing a contract means nothing. When she’s in a uniform, on the floor when the 40 minute timer starts, then we can talk.


Liz has not verbally stated ever in the past that she would join Dallas and not show up . And comparing Charlie to Liz is just ridiculous . Let it go shes going to show up were going to beat you and the rest of the league . #WNBAchamps #EndofStory



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2168



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.


I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Hey hey WFFL !! Cant wait to see you back next season !!!


Glad to hear you're doing ok Catch. I'm just as excited for you and the Wings. I hope Liz shows up and shows out next season in Dallas, just not against my Sparks Laughing Laughing

I'm a supporter of expansion but I don't think that's the reason the lottery has been postponed. But what do I know? Lol



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19635
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Liz has not verbally stated ever in the past that she would join Dallas and not show up .

Does literally being sat on a plane destined for the US before deciding she didn't want to go not count? If you're drawing a line between what she's said about Tulsa and what she's said about Dallas then that seems a bit thin. You can hardly blame people for taking a wait and see approach with her at this point.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Catch24Rules



Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 230
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/29/17 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.


I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Hey hey WFFL !! Cant wait to see you back next season !!!



WFFL!!! Very Happy


Catch24Rules



Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 230
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/29/17 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Catch24Rules wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.


Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed


Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).


Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.


I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.


Hey hey WFFL !! Cant wait to see you back next season !!!


Glad to hear you're doing ok Catch. I'm just as excited for you and the Wings. I hope Liz shows up and shows out next season in Dallas, just not against my Sparks Laughing Laughing

I'm a supporter of expansion but I don't think that's the reason the lottery has been postponed. But what do I know? Lol


Thank you hangtyme24! Am really excited that we finally have a team in the Dallas area and even better that they play just down the street from me. I am pulling for your Sparks to win the finals again this year, have been a big fan of their for years. In fact, I am wearing my purple CP3 shirt today at work today and will have it on when I watch the game tonight. Wink Go Sparks!


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/29/17 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Liz has not verbally stated ever in the past that she would join Dallas and not show up .

Does literally being sat on a plane destined for the US before deciding she didn't want to go not count? If you're drawing a line between what she's said about Tulsa and what she's said about Dallas then that seems a bit thin. You can hardly blame people for taking a wait and see approach with her at this point.


Its Not thin at all. Tulsa is NOT the City Of Dallas. Major differences if you have ever visited both im just saying. Id turn around on a flight to Tulsa myself!



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8955
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14692



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18625



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.


well, yeah but not announced or publicly confirmed


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55145
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.


well, yeah but not announced or publicly confirmed


A tentative date, you might say



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18625



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.


well, yeah but not announced or publicly confirmed


A tentative date, you might say


Stronger than tentative, but I can't say it Crying or Very sad


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13960
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.


well, yeah but not announced or publicly confirmed


A tentative date, you might say


Stronger than tentative, but I can't say it Crying or Very sad


Less tentative than the one they had previously announced?


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18625



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.


well, yeah but not announced or publicly confirmed


A tentative date, you might say


Stronger than tentative, but I can't say it Crying or Very sad


Less tentative than the one they had previously announced?


Well they didn't tell the teams the other one was canceled until the day before, and they've told them another date. Will that hold? Who can be sure.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13960
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Has the lottery draw been rescheduled?


nope.


well, yeah but not announced or publicly confirmed


A tentative date, you might say


Stronger than tentative, but I can't say it Crying or Very sad


Less tentative than the one they had previously announced?


Well they didn't tell the teams the other one was canceled until the day before, and they've told them another date. Will that hold? Who can be sure.


I was just being a little silly. As with Liz Cambage, I'll believe it when I see it Wink


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20922



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just seems weird they haven't announced it if they have set a possible maybe sometimes date. hmmm. maybe I answered my own question.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 971



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
just seems weird they haven't announced it if they have set a possible maybe sometimes date. hmmm. maybe I answered my own question.


Maybe they are waiting to see if the cafeteria from this last draft is available again.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
just seems weird they haven't announced it if they have set a possible maybe sometimes date. hmmm. maybe I answered my own question.


Maybe they are waiting to see if the cafeteria from this last draft is available again.


Laughing


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14692



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5498



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
miller40 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
just seems weird they haven't announced it if they have set a possible maybe sometimes date. hmmm. maybe I answered my own question.


Maybe they are waiting to see if the cafeteria from this last draft is available again.


Laughing


Fish and Chips on Fridays!



_________________



Las Vegas Aces
Dallas Wings
Seattle Storm
Chicago Sky
Connecticut Sun
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18625



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


You won't be waiting until Thanksgiving....or maybe even Halloween Wink


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14692



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


this was a joke. though somewhat believable.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


You won't be waiting until Thanksgiving....or maybe even Halloween Wink


Oh great thanks DTSNMS !! Are you withholding information from the general population my friend ? Cool



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


this was a joke. though somewhat believable.


Toad thanks for catching that !!



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18625



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


You won't be waiting until Thanksgiving....or maybe even Halloween Wink


Oh great thanks DTSNMS !! Are you withholding information from the general population my friend ? Cool


Who? Me? Cool

I'm sorry I can't do better...it has to be announced soon, doesn't it? Doesn't it????? Surprised


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2017
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


You won't be waiting until Thanksgiving....or maybe even Halloween Wink


Oh great thanks DTSNMS !! Are you withholding information from the general population my friend ? Cool


Who? Me? Cool

I'm sorry I can't do better...it has to be announced soon, doesn't it? Doesn't it????? Surprised


They don't have to announce the date of the draft lottery. Or the date of the draft. Could all be one giant secret. Then one morning they just issue a press release: "Oh, by the way, we had the WNBA draft last night. Based on the lottery results, here is the order in which teams picked. And here are their selections in the two rounds of the draft, plus notes on a few trades that were made." Smile



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she has served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8495



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/04/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter when they announce it ...

But why all this foofaraw unless something big is in the works? If there isn't, then just makes the league look amateurish ... again.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5654
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1220



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...


Where’d you hear that?



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55145
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...


You mean the Lynx moving back to the Target Center? Wink



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18625



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.


So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*


You won't be waiting until Thanksgiving....or maybe even Halloween Wink


Oh great thanks DTSNMS !! Are you withholding information from the general population my friend ? Cool


Who? Me? Cool

I'm sorry I can't do better...it has to be announced soon, doesn't it? Doesn't it????? Surprised



Well, maybe not Halloween.... Crying or Very sad


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...





Shocked Shocked Shocked Please Dont say My Wings Please Dont Say My Wings !



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5654
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...





Shocked Shocked Shocked Please Dont say My Wings Please Dont Say My Wings !


Nope, not your Wings.



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...


Atlanta, San Antonio, or Indy would potentially be my guesses. But I have no idea.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...


Atlanta, San Antonio, or Indy would potentially be my guesses. But I have no idea.



Would this team be particularly looking to move to Vegas ? And id guess 1 of those 3 too due to draft lottery being halted .



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would a straight move require a delay? The court will be the same size and shape at the new location, won't it. The team can still draft, regardless of their future location.

It strikes me that only a change in the number of teams participating in the draft (plus or minus) would explain the delay.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55145
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Why would a straight move require a delay? The court will be the same size and shape at the new location, won't it. The team can still draft, regardless of their future location.

It strikes me that only a change in the number of teams participating in the draft (plus or minus) would explain the delay.


An ownership change would mean the new owners would want to witness the drawing



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was back in at the End of June of this year.....

http://www.shatteredbackboard.com/2017/06/27/perfect-place-wnba-expansion-vegas-baby/



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12107



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Why would a straight move require a delay? The court will be the same size and shape at the new location, won't it. The team can still draft, regardless of their future location.

It strikes me that only a change in the number of teams participating in the draft (plus or minus) would explain the delay.


An ownership change would mean the new owners would want to witness the drawing


So what. They all do it from their own locations anyhow. It's not like they are traveling to a central location or have a headcount limit. It's up to the old and new owners to decide for themselves who is in the room and who is calling the shots based on the status of the deal. I don't see an ownership change as warranting a delay.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45119



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Why would a straight move require a delay? The court will be the same size and shape at the new location, won't it. The team can still draft, regardless of their future location.

It strikes me that only a change in the number of teams participating in the draft (plus or minus) would explain the delay.


An ownership change would mean the new owners would want to witness the drawing


Wouldn't that imply that a lottery team is on the move, and ATL shouldn't care to witness.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin