71%
 71%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 21

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
Do people still think the Mystics don't belong in the semifinals? Laughing

Yes. The Mystics still don't belong in the semifinals.

Then who does?

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Then who does?

The teams that got fluked out obviously /s Laughing Because losing to Phoenix is excusable while losing a close game @Minnesota means you're garbage Laughing

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jewelsongs wrote:
Without the hometown refs, Washington probably wins game 2.

Confirmation bias FTW!

Funny how no one was talking about "hometown refs" when they put the Mystics in the bonus with 6 minutes left in the first. Yes, Maya gets superstar calls (though as I detailed quite thoroughly, the call everyone was posting about was actually called correctly), but so does EDD who gets a call if she even gets breathed on hard. Superstar calls are a fact of the game.

The fouls were 20 to 18 with both teams shooting 18 FTs, btw. Not exactly a one-sided affair.

The outcome of this game had nothing to do with the refs, unless they were the reason the Lynx shot 51% to the Mystics 41% or tallied up 27 assists to 16.

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Lynx could hit their free throws, they should have won the game by 15 or more. Terrible night at the FT line. No excuses for that.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If the Lynx could hit their free throws, they should have won the game by 15 or more. Terrible night at the FT line. No excuses for that.

Agreed. It was driving me nuts all game. I can only imagine what Reeve was thinking/saying about it.

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Then who does?

The teams that got fluked out obviously /s Laughing Because losing to Phoenix is excusable while losing a close game @Minnesota means you're garbage Laughing

Obviously CON and NYL are superior despite blowing double digit leads after the half and losing to the supposedly inferior teams!

PostPosted: 09/15/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Then who does?

Obviously CON and NYL are superior despite blowing double digit leads after the half and losing to the supposedly inferior teams!

When I do the high school rankings, I call it result nullification. People will say "Yeah, they lost, but they're so much better. They have four Power 5 players."

Ummm, they lost. What's the best way to determine which of two teams is better at a given point in time?

PostPosted: 09/15/17 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
These are Emma's 1st/2nd playoffs as a "big-time player" (depending on how you perceive her 2015 season), why doesn't she get the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to build her own playoff resume? Even Toliver has had bad, terrible playoff games, no matter how "clutch" she is, or is perceived to be. It doesn't make sense for Emma especially with how disjointed her season has been between EuroBasket and the Mystics' various injuries.

Our strongest starting 5 started 2 games together and in one of them EDD played 3 minutes and Hill tore her ACL. We've had our 4 best players on the floor for literally 1 game (pre-EuroBasket Emma doesn't count). Give. It. Time.

Emma's a terrific player.I'm not questioning her talent or ability.I just don't think Meesseman/Washington will reach their ceiling playing Edd/Emma at the at the 3/4 position.Emma looks uncomfortable playing in a "big 3" lineup....Messeeman played her best basketball this season when EDD was sidelined......Think about it....

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/15/17 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
These are Emma's 1st/2nd playoffs as a "big-time player" (depending on how you perceive her 2015 season), why doesn't she get the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to build her own playoff resume? Even Toliver has had bad, terrible playoff games, no matter how "clutch" she is, or is perceived to be. It doesn't make sense for Emma especially with how disjointed her season has been between EuroBasket and the Mystics' various injuries.

Our strongest starting 5 started 2 games together and in one of them EDD played 3 minutes and Hill tore her ACL. We've had our 4 best players on the floor for literally 1 game (pre-EuroBasket Emma doesn't count). Give. It. Time.

Emma's a terrific player.I'm not questioning her talent or ability.I just don't think Meesseman/Washington will reach their ceiling playing Edd/Emma at the at the 3/4 position.Emma looks uncomfortable playing in a "big 3" lineup....Messeeman played her best basketball this season when EDD was sidelined......Think about it....

The timeline of the season:

First 4 games, Emma playing mostly at 5 after missing the full training camp, clearly not completely focused on WNBA basketball.

EuroBasket, brilliant performances next to another outstanding post player, doing a good job in her minutes at the 5.

Back to US, coming off the bench for 2 games as she gets integrated back into the team.

First time starting at the 4 alongside EDD on July 8th against Connecticut. The next game, July 14th EDD gets injured in the 1st quarter, misses the next 2 games.

EDD comes back, they combine for 45 points against San Antonio, then Emma has her best game of the season NEXT TO EDD against Atlanta. EDD is out again.

EDD comes back against Liberty, both players have mediocre games, then the very next day against Dallas they combine for 51 points as Emma has her 3rd highest scoring game of the season. Next game against Connecticut, Emma gets into foul trouble, only plays 21 minutes and shoots poorly. Then against Seattle she puts up 27 points and a bunch of clutch buckets to help EDD put away the Storm. Both players play limited minutes and rest in the season finale.

They played 7 meaningful regular season games together at the 3/4 positions. And Emma had 3 of her highest scoring performances during those 7 games. It's way too early to draw conclusions.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/15/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
EDD comes back against Liberty, both players have mediocre games, then the very next day against Dallas they combine for 51 points as Emma has her 3rd highest scoring game of the season. Next game against Connecticut, Emma gets into foul trouble, only plays 21 minutes and shoots poorly. Then against Seattle she puts up 27 points and a bunch of clutch buckets to help EDD put away the Storm. Both players play limited minutes and rest in the season finale.

This is similar to what Parker and Nneka were doing when LA was playing the big lineup....poat average numbers against the elite teams,then beat up on the garbage teams.

Emma/Edd have Mediocre game against the liberty...then beatup on a pathetic defensive dallas team.....have poor game against Connecticut...then beat up on seattle.....Washington is able to get away with this because dallas/seattle are mediocre/lack size at the SF position.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/15/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah yes the "pathetic" Dallas team that most people were predicting to beat the Mystics in playoffs Rolling Eyes

You're drawing conclusions from an extremely low sample size in extraordinary conditions. It's 100% confirmation bias.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/15/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Ah yes the "pathetic" Dallas team that most people were predicting to beat the Mystics in playoffs Rolling Eyes

You're drawing conclusions from an extremely low sample size in extraordinary conditions. It's 100% confirmation bias.

But these were your examples......and dallas/Tulsa have been the worst defensive team for the past 6 seasons.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 09/15/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Joined November 2016. A POSER obviously. Go back and watch some real basketball games.

WNBA officiating is shitty. We're in 2017 and it's still shitty.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
boogiezen

PostPosted: 09/15/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

This is similar to what Parker and Nneka were doing when LA was playing the big lineup....poat average numbers against the elite teams,then beat up on the garbage teams.

Emma/Edd have Mediocre game against the liberty...then beatup on a pathetic defensive dallas team.....have poor game against Connecticut...then beat up on seattle.....Washington is able to get away with this because dallas/seattle are mediocre/lack size at the SF position.

Bullshit. Dallas was just terrible ON THAT GAME. You're making excuses for not giving Was credit for the win. Typical sore loser.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
zune69

PostPosted: 09/15/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:

Bullshit. Dallas was just terrible ON THAT GAME. You're making excuses for not giving Was credit for the win. Typical sore loser.

Just like clock work..You can't form opinions on rebkell without posters making personal attacks.The fan boys/fan girls are so sensitive....I'm a sore loser ?.....but yet I pick washington to win this series..

zune69 wrote:
Washington in 5.......

Whalen will be a little rusty returning from injury.Minnesota has nobody who can guard Toliver.Kristie has the speed to beat Whalen off the dribble,and the height to shoot over Montgomery.

This will be the difference imo.

However,Whalen's return will mean better scoring opportunities for the rest of her teammates.

I didn't introduced dallas into the conversation.I was just responding to a post....oh,and by the way,dallas is terrible on defense every game.....Some of you mystic fans are trying to turn Meeseman into something she's not.She lacks aggression.Emma also has a history of being unpredictable when she plays against the top tier teams.Playing out of position doesn't help the situation.Meesseman should be the 3rd option on the mystics.But she's been erratic during the playoffs(pts:16,5,15,4)...Emma was inconsistent against the top five teams during the regular season.

vs LA(4,6,20) Edd did not play in Emma's 20 point game

vs conn(16,4)

vs phoe(12,15,7)

vs minn(7)

vs NY(12,19)

11 games against the top 5 teams.five games with 7 or less points.....Make note that ny/phoe have a terrible SF situation right now.So Emma has a clear advantage against both teams.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/15/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

Just like clock work..You can't form opinions on rebkell without posters making personal attacks.The fan boys/fan girls are so sensitive....I'm a sore loser ?.....but yet I pick washington to win this series..

zune69 wrote:
Washington in 5.......

Whalen will be a little rusty returning from injury.Minnesota has nobody who can guard Toliver.Kristie has the speed to beat Whalen off the dribble,and the height to shoot over Montgomery.

However,Whalen's return will mean better scoring opportunities for the rest of her teammates.

I didn't introduced dallas into the conversation.I was just responding to a post....oh,and by the way,dallas is terrible on defense every game.....Some of you mystic fans are trying to turn Meeseman into something she's not.She lacks aggression.Emma also has a history of being unpredictable when she plays against the top tier teams.Playing out of position doesn't help the situation.Meesseman should be the 3rd option on the mystics.But she's been erratic during the playoffs(pts:16,5,15,4)...Emma was inconsistent against the top five teams during the regular season.

vs conn(16,4)

vs phoe(12,15,7)

vs minn(7)

vs NY(12,19)

11 games against the top 5 teams.five games with 7 or less points.....Make note that ny/phoe have a terrible SF situation right now.So Emma has a clear advantage against both teams.

Since you're the only person I've seen who's picked the Mystics to win (besides me, and that's partially bias) do you still think we have a chance?

PostPosted: 09/15/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Since you're the only person I've seen who's picked the Mystics to win (besides me, and that's partially bias) do you still think we have a chance?

Yes....Washington has the talent.It's just a matter of getting their "Big 3" to play very good basketball at the same time,get solid contributions from 2 or 3 role players,and play very good defense...60+ points from the big 3 is very doable(Edd:25 KT:20 EM:15).....Edd/Toliver have the ability to single handedly win a playoff game(Toliver vs NY,Edd 2014 on road against Atlanta)...so a game 5 victory isn't out of the question.The longer this series goes on,the better chance Washington has of winning games due to the lack of rest for a much older Minnesota team....I also have great confidence in coach T.

"Big 3"
57 vs dallas-Despite KT shooting 4-17
55 vs NY-Despite EM shooting 2-12
35 gm 1 vs minny-Team was probably tired from traveling
54 gm 2 vs minny-Depite EM shooting 2-7

The big 3 are more than capable of dropping 60+ points.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/15/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Yes....Washington has the talent.It's just a matter of getting their "Big 3" to play very good basketball at the same time,get solid contributions from 2 or 3 role players,and play very good defense...60+ points from the big 3 is very doable(Edd:25 KT:20 EM:15).....Edd/Toliver have the ability to single handedly win a playoff game(Toliver vs NY,Edd 2014 on road against Atlanta)...so a game 5 victory isn't out of the question.The longer this series goes on,the better chance Washington has of winning games due to the lack of rest for a much older Minnesota team....I also have great confidence in coach T.

"Big 3"
57 vs dallas-Despite KT shooting 4-17
55 vs NY-Despite EM shooting 2-12
35 gm 1 vs minny-Team was probably tired from traveling
54 gm 2 vs minny-Depite EM shooting 2-7

The big 3 are more than capable of dropping 60+ points.

The bit about wearing out MIN is a great point, I thought the same thing t a few days ago!

PostPosted: 09/16/17 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

zune69 wrote:
Washington in 5.......

vs conn(16,4)

vs phoe(12,15,7)

vs minn(7)

vs NY(12,19)

Emma has never played SF, so why does that position even matter in this discussion?

Also, she has been more aggressive this season. Not consistently, but a clear progress has been made.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/16/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Emma has never played SF, so why does that position even matter in this discussion?

Also, she has been more aggressive this season. Not consistently, but a clear progress has been made.

Who's playing SF then ?.....and please don't say Delle donne.Because if that's the case,washington is doing their team,and EDD a disservice.Displacing your franchise player from the position where they're most productive to accommodate the 2nd/3rd best play is freaking asinine and stupid...not to mention,Edd can't guard Moore,Mccoughtry,Bonner,etc....

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/16/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Who's playing SF then ?.....and please don't say Delle donne.Because if that's the case,washington is doing their team,and EDD a disservice.Displacing your franchise player from the position where they're most productive to accommodate the 2nd/3rd best play is freaking asinine and stupid...not to mention,Edd can't guard Moore,Mccoughtry,Bonner,etc....

Delle Donne has been more productive at SF than PF for us.

Also good job on the "etc." after you named the 3 good SFs in this league. TRP can guard the vast majority of SFs just fine and very few teams have actual offensive threats on both wing positions.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/16/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Also good job on the "etc." after you named the 3 good SFs in this league. TRP can guard the vast majority of SFs just fine and very few teams have actual offensive threats on both wing positions.

Delle donne can't guard 95% of the SF in the wnba.NY was running circles around Washington until Toliver went off.Delle donne would get exposed trying to guard any SF in the playoffs.

Three players account for 25% of the teams in the league.I'll throw in Powers,now that's 33%.I'll add Deshields to the mix,now that's 42%.Add G.Williams.now that's 50%.....And I lefted out LA/NY.....bu.bu.but...TRP will guard the SF's...well then who in the hell is EDD and Meesseman guarding ?....explain this to me.TRP is now guarding the SF's.Who's guarding C & PF ?

Playing Edd at SF on offense/defense isn't the most optimal situation for Washington.Can they still win 22+ games and be a top 4 seed ? Yes.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/16/17 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/16/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Delle donne can't guard 95% of the SF in the wnba.NY was running circles around Washington until Toliver went off.Delle donne would get exposed trying to guard any SF in the playoffs.

Three players account for 25% of the teams in the league.I'll throw in Powers,now that's 33%.I'll add Deshields to the mix,now that's 42%.Add G.Williams.now that's 50%.....And I lefted out LA/NY.....bu.bu.but...TRP will guard the SF's...well then who in the hell is EDD and Meesseman guarding ?....explain this to me.TRP is now guarding the SF's.Who's guarding C & PF ?

Playing Edd at SF on offense/defense isn't the most optimal situation for Washington.

Not very nice of you to mention her FG% Laughing

EDD has gotten better on defense this year and we haven't seen her go up against McCoughtry/Bonner and she hasn't guarded Moore either. So again, I have to point out your confirmation bias.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/16/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Not very nice of you to mention her FG% Laughing

Good one. Laughing However...

Career fg%
Powers:37.6%
Hightower:37.8%
TRP:36.2%
Hill:34.3%
Cloud:33.0%

Aladyyn wrote:
EDD has gotten better on defense this year and we haven't seen her go up against McCoughtry/Bonner and she hasn't guarded Moore either. So again, I have to point out your confirmation bias.

Delle donne has no chance of guarding McCoughtry/Bonner.

Don't get me wrong.I'm not saying washington couldn't win a championship with Edd playing.SF.I'm just saying it would be less difficult if the pieces were better fitted.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/16/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Career fg%
Powers:37.6%
Hightower:37.8%
TRP:36.2%
Hill:34.3%
Cloud:33.0%

None of these players are comparable to Powers. Maybe Hill but even that's reaching.

zune69 wrote:
Delle donne has no chance of guarding McCoughtry/Bonner.

Don't get me wrong.I'm not saying washington couldn't win a championship with Edd playing.SF.I'm just saying it would be less difficult if the pieces were better fitted.

That's a fair stance. Bonner is the one SF in the league that is about as good a player as Meesseman so in theory it makes sense but other factors make it infeasible. Is that fair? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: