RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/22/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shades, sometimes you are like a bulldog. Just grab on and shake and shake.

Hindsight really is better than foresight. I guess I can crow that I voted JJ as the second best player behind Stewie in that class but really how many people actually thought that? And although I thought it was not a great move to take Tuck at #3, when she's been healthy she's performed better than I thought she would. Overall I think Miller/Sienko or whoever pulled the trigger on those moves: Banham, Tuck, JJ, and CWilliams did a pretty good job. Perfect? Maybe not, but pretty damn good and now they have a very nice young group to work with for years to come. I've yet to see perfect from a GM/Coach so were I a Sun fan, I would be happy to see what they did do rather than poke and prod about maybe making one mistake in five. I look forward to seeing what a healthy Sun team can do...and I hope they do come back healthy.

Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up

PostPosted: 09/23/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not hard to see that if you pay dearly for a worthy item that you could have had not once, but twice, for free, you fucked up.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 09/23/17 12:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/23/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Miller/Sienko needlessly traded away Chelsea Gray to get Jonquel Jones when he could of and should of drafted J Jones with the third or fourth pick in the Draft. He would of had both along with maybe Aerial Powers or Williams.

No, he foolishly gambled on the chronically injured Morgan Tuck and a questionable and yet to produce Banham.

Just think what Connecticut could of done without him... Embarassed

Always amazed at how fast everyone forgets how bad Gray's knee history has been. I'm really happy for her that she's been healthy, but to forget about it is ridiculous.

Who forgot? It sure as Hell wasn't Agler. Do you really think Agler would have traded away Jonquel Jones for a player with an injured knee on a hunch? This would be ridiculous.

You think Connecticut would've drafted another guard and traded Gray if they thought it would be all right? There's two sides to everything.

If this was in fact the circumstances then you're saying that Miller was underhanded and dishonest and Agler was careless, easily fooled and wasn't able to judge the talent he had in Jonquel Jones. Let's face it: Miller screwed up on judging the abilities of C. Gray, J. Jones, Tuck and Banham and many people thought firmly so at the time Miller made those decisions.

Basically, Miller's/Sienko's decisions were Tori Jankoska and Evelyn Shaqator moments and they sometimes can cost a franchise 10 plus years of excellent service, as you know.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/23/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they should've utilised those #3/#4 picks better. Maybe they shouldn't have given up two significant assets for the #6 pick, to get someone they could've taken at 3 or 4. But ultimately they did make the moves to acquire Jones - who virtually no one thought would be as good as she's become; and then eventually Williams as well - who was invisible on the end of Phoenix's bench. There were obviously elements of the process that weren't perfect, but they do still deserve credit for the parts that worked.

On a separate note, that Executive of the Year award for Miller is even more hilarious considering Sienko was officially the GM when every important piece was acquired.

PostPosted: 09/23/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

If this was in fact the circumstances then you're saying that Miller was underhanded and dishonest and Agler was careless, easily fooled and wasn't able to judge the talent he had in Jonquel Jones. Let's face it: Miller screwed up on judging the abilities of C. Gray, J. Jones, Tuck and Banham and many people thought firmly so at the time Miller made those decisions.

Basically, Miller's/Sienko's decisions were Tori Jankoska and Evelyn Shaqator moments and they sometimes can cost a franchise 10 plus years of excellent service, as you know.

There's no guarantee that Agler would have picked JJones at #6. The deal for the #6 pick was negotiated during the Sparks 3:00 clock time. Since Agler seemed to be looking for a guard, he could have chosen #7 pick Copper, #8 pick CWilliams, or #9 pick TMitchell.... or whoever else.

It's ironic that you chose Shaqator as an example of a flubbed draft pick, since Miller was high on her so much so as to disparage "the basement" for not being high on her. Who knows, maybe Miller could and would have picked Shaqator, had he not traded his first round pick in 2017 in the JJones deal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/23/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Parker, Ogwumike & Lavender; J. Jones would have gotten as many minutes as Jackson-Jones did this season. We all know Agler don't like rookies.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/23/17 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=85609&start=1200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=2016+wnba+draft

With the exception of the preseason mock draft, Zune69 was the only one I saw that had J. Jones going 4th to the Sun. The experts and basement dwellers had her going from 5th to 11th.
Tuck with a couple of exceptions was 3rd in most of the mock drafts after she declared to go pro.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/23/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=85609&start=1200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=2016+wnba+draft

With the exception of the preseason mock draft, Zune69 was the only one I saw that had J. Jones going 4th to the Sun. The experts and basement dwellers had her going from 5th to 11th.
Tuck with a couple of exceptions was 3rd in most of the mock drafts after she declared to go pro.

Mock drafts are usually trying to predict what will happen rather than what should happen. I expected Tuck to go third even though I never thought she was the third best player in the draft.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Shades

PostPosted: 10/31/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alyssa Thomas with a near quadruple double in her first game in South Korea.

20 pts, 16 reb, 6 ast 10 stl, 2 blk

I wonder if Curt Miller's coaching will get credit for this. Surprised

bballgrl

PostPosted: 10/31/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Alyssa Thomas with a near quadruple double in her first game in South Korea.

20 pts, 16 reb, 6 ast 10 stl, 2 blk

I wonder if Curt Miller's coaching will get credit for this. Surprised

That is quite impressive! Go Alyssa. my home town girl. Pleased that she is representing Harrisburg. Pa.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/21/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney Ogwumike stat line in China

56 pts (23-25, 0-1 3P, 10-11 FT), 12 reb, 0 ast, 3 TO, 1 stl in 36:49

Nerd2

PostPosted: 11/21/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Henan isn't fielding a team this year. The stat line @coachrookie posted was from last year. That's why her achilles injury was so upsetting - she was playing amazing ball. Chiney is currently hanging out in the Mohegan Sun Gingerbread House.

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 11/21/17 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

What team? Don't see her listed on a current roster . Standings show Stewart and Kizer as League Scoring Leaders.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 11/21/17 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The tweet about Chiney, btw, was in reference to Jonquel Jones' tweet that after her 28p/24r game, the coach said in the next film session that it was "not a good performance." Chinese coaches believe in tough love.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 11/21/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What team? Don't see her listed on a current roster . Standings show Stewart and Kizer as League Scoring Leaders.

It was a post from last year. This year, it's "Jonker Jones," "Stuart," "Morgan Tucker," and "Lynn Kiezer" at the top. At least, that's what Google Translate is telling me.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/12/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tuck must be feeling good.

45 pts (18-32, 8-14 3P, 1-3 FT), 13 reb, 4 ast, 1 blk in 40 min in the Chinese league.

willtalk

PostPosted: 12/13/17 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Miller/Sienko needlessly traded away Chelsea Gray to get Jonquel Jones when he could of and should of drafted J Jones with the third or fourth pick in the Draft. He would of had both along with maybe Aerial Powers or Williams.

No, he foolishly gambled on the chronically injured Morgan Tuck and a questionable and yet to produce Banham.

Just think what Connecticut could of done without him... Embarassed

Always amazed at how fast everyone forgets how bad Gray's knee history has been. I'm really happy for her that she's been healthy, but to forget about it is ridiculous.
Actually Chelsea Gray has been relatively injury free throughout her career. Her injury in her junior year was centered around the knee cap. That is not a common injury. In her senior year it was the same kneecap and was obviously caused by an uncorrected issue of the first operation.. One issue! Tuck, on the other hands, had ACL issues all the way back to mid high school. That can be defined as chronic. She herself even stated she didn't know how long she could play on her repaired knee's. I don't think that their histories can be labeled as the same.

It seems evident that the Sun picking Tuck was based more on keeping the cross over Uconn fans happy than it was a pick based on need which they had the next pick to utilize that for. Health/ talent tradeoff wise that was a very risky pick at #3. They also must not have valued the subsequent players that highly or they would not have made that pick.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/13/17 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NVM

PostPosted: 01/09/18 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sun’s Miller enjoying offseason routine

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20180108/suns-miller-enjoying-offseason-routine

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/09/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20180108/suns-miller-enjoying-offseason-routine

“It’s not uncommon for me around 7 p.m. at night to have two computers open and the television on, watching 2-3 games a night,” Miller said. “That’s almost a seven day a week routine for me.”

Good to see he is scouting.

His biggest challenge, however, is integrating Chiney Ogwumike back into the lineup when Alyssa Thomas sliding over to the four (and being a secondary playmaker) worked so well for a relatively young team last year.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/09/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

“It’s not uncommon for me around 7 p.m. at night to have two computers open and the television on, watching 2-3 games a night,” Miller said. “That’s almost a seven day a week routine for me.”

Welcome to our world Curt. I certainly hope your computers aren't in your basement...... Razz

PostPosted: 01/09/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Quote:
t’s the dead of winter. That doesn’t mean that Connecticut Sun coach and general manager Curt Miller is taking it easy, relaxing on an island somewhere.

Sounds like that hypocrite is more about the basement life than anybody here.

Quote:
Miller said the FIBA World Championship will likely again keep Torrens at home in 2018 and Romero, drafted by the Sun last season out of Florida State and a fellow Spaniard, will also likely take a rain check.

Hmm... I wonder where he got the idea to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member? Although drafting Romero was a cheaper way to try to do it, it's also less effective since Romero is not prominent on the Spanish national team compared to say Anna Cruz.

Quote:
“We have never stopped talking about the opportunity for Alba to play in the WNBA at some point before her career is over (she is 28 years-old).

Yep, for the whole 2 years he's been there. I wonder if that's a royal "We" or is he bouncing things off of Amber Cox, the Maven of Tanking. Dilly, dilly!

The article talks about Chiney Ogwumike making good progress on her rehab, and how Alyssa Thomas is looking forward to building on last year's performance, but it avoids talking about the obvious question on how he's going to work them both into the starting lineup. I'm guessing he's not sure about that yet but is looking to stumble into whatever works, just like last year.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow Shades, could you be just a little nastier and bitter in your assessment?

No axe to grind there.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/09/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more ... maybe the coffee was decaf instead of regular.

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun still looking for that missing piece

http://www.theday.com/connecticut-sun/20180108/sun-still-looking-for-that-missing-piece

This article seems a little more informative than the last one.

Quote:
The Connecticut Sun, as presently constructed, are not a WNBA championship-caliber team.

Now if it were me saying that, a lapdog would be nipping at my heels.

Quote:
“I’m the first to know that we overachieved last year"

Naw, I'd put you around third.

Quote:
"we don’t have all the pieces that we need make a run at (defending championship) Minnesota (Lynx) or (runner-up) L.A. (Los Angeles Sparks),” Miller said Monday. “And we’re trying to add a few more of those pieces.”

They got plenty of pieces. The # of pieces isn't the problem. What are they going to do, replace Danielle Adams and Kayla Pedersen with other bench warmers and that makes them a contender?

Quote:
Connecticut also has four picks in April's draft (9th, 15th, 21st, and 33rd)

Quote:
“I feel optimistic that there’s going to be great news in February,” Miller said. “[Alyssa Thomas]’s a centerpiece for how we want to play.

Sounds like Chiney's no longer the centerpiece.

Quote:
Pedersen told the Sun after last season that she may, “chase some dreams and aspirations outside of hoops,” Miller said.

Hmm.... useful information. Sounds like she could be retiring.

Quote:
The Sun need a player who can get to the free throw line and would benefit from another 3-point shooter.

Banham used to do both in college, but you'd actually have to let her play to benefit from that.

Quote:
Miller said that Florida State guard Leticia Romero is “committed to come to training camp.”

Seems to conflict what was said in the previous article.

Quote:
Stricklen cut her season short in Turkey because of swelling in her Achilles and returned to the states to rehab. “She’s doing great,” Miller said. “There’s no issue.”

Quote:
Guard Alex Bentley has been out of action since December due to an ankle injury. Bentley was slowed last season after injuring her right ankle before training camp. Miller said she’s just about ready to return to play for Russia’s Nadezhda Orenburg

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I've met him when he came to Seattle. 3 different times, in fact. I see pictures he posts from all the games and mentions by other people that he is there. I do not see any of that from any of the people here.
Shades wrote:

Hmm... I wonder where he got the idea to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member? Although drafting Romero was a cheaper way to try to do it, it's also less effective since Romero is not prominent on the Spanish national team compared to say Anna Cruz.

So you make a crazy trade suggestion to get your beloved Banham on your team and it of course doesn't happen. Now you try to take credit for the idea AND admit it wasn't the same because Romero is not the same as Cruz.
Shades wrote:
The article talks about Chiney Ogwumike making good progress on her rehab, and how Alyssa Thomas is looking forward to building on last year's performance, but it avoids talking about the obvious question on how he's going to work them both into the starting lineup. I'm guessing he's not sure about that yet but is looking to stumble into whatever works, just like last year.

I am guessing that he has a plan and is afraid that you will steal his idea from him and sell it to the other teams in the league.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Couldn't agree more ... maybe the coffee was decaf instead of regular.

I don't know Clay, after the second post I think maybe decaf is needed... Laughing Laughing

Kind of a sad thing when a poster seems to honestly think his sad, ridiculous comments constitute something a real General Manager and coach would consider and want to "steal."

Sort of like the President Trump of the message board. Embarassed Embarassed

Pop quiz! Cheryl Reeve won how many COY awards by her second season as a head coach in the W? Right, less than Curt Miller.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
“I feel optimistic that there’s going to be great news in February,” Miller said. “[Alyssa Thomas]’s a centerpiece for how we want to play.

Sounds like Chiney's no longer the centerpiece.

Or he's trying to drop hints that Thomas is IMPORTANT and so WILL BE SIGNED.
Shades wrote:
Quote:
The Sun need a player who can get to the free throw line and would benefit from another 3-point shooter.

Banham used to do both in college, but you'd actually have to let her play to benefit from that.

Banham used to do both in college when facing Big Ten level defense. She has struggled to translate her game when faced with the better play of the WNBA.
Shades wrote:
Quote:
Miller said that Florida State guard Leticia Romero is “committed to come to training camp.”

Seems to conflict what was said in the previous article.

He tweeted out that the other article was wrong.

Let me know when you get your first COY award, Shades.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/09/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

Shades wrote:

So you make a crazy trade suggestion to get your beloved Banham on your team and it of course doesn't happen. Now you try to take credit for the idea AND admit it wasn't the same because Romero is not the same as Cruz.

Wait until Miller's boss finds out he's been stealing ideas from anonymous users on an internet message board! Boy, he's going to be in trouble then! Laughing

PostPosted: 01/09/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The player I wish well is Morgan Tuck. She's been putting up great numbers in China and if she could stay healthy, she'd be an upgrade from Shekinna Stricklen. Having a post combo of Jones, Thomas and Ogwumike would be really fun.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
The player I wish well is Morgan Tuck. She's been putting up great numbers in China and if she could stay healthy, she'd be an upgrade from Shekinna Stricklen. Having a post combo of Jones, Thomas and Ogwumike would be really fun.

x_____________

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I've met him when he came to Seattle. 3 different times, in fact. I see pictures he posts from all the games and mentions by other people that he is there. I do not see any of that from any of the people here.

Not sure what point you're struggling to make. Didn't you see the quote both Randy and I picked up on that he's got 2 computers going 7 days a week? That seems to be something he would disparage and therefore earning the hypocrite title. Ask Randy if you're confused.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The idea or concept was to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member, and look what happened. Quite a coincidence. It wasn't a crazy idea, it was a crazy good concept. Brilliant. Now I'm not so sure Reeve is interested in Banham with Jones doing well. He may have missed the Anna Cruz train.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I am guessing that he has a plan and is afraid that you will steal his idea from him and sell it to the other teams in the league.

In other words, he has no idea.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Having a post combo of Jones, Thomas and Ogwumike would be really fun.

Post combo, hey? That means you have one of them coming off the bench. That would be fun to see. I hope he steals this idea.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Kind of a sad thing when a poster seems to honestly think his sad, ridiculous comments constitute something a real General Manager and coach would consider and want to "steal."

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, or maybe we're just on the same wavelength. How long has he been following the WNBA? Even Laimbeer isn't above picking minds on this board. Don't act like a newb is above it.

dtsnms wrote:
Pop quiz! Cheryl Reeve won how many COY awards by her second season as a head coach in the W? Right, less than Curt Miller.

She won in her second year, just like Miller. She also won a championship, so it was a little more deserving. Now you're feeling competitive with Reeve? That's a joke.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, or maybe we're just on the same wavelength. How long has he been following the WNBA? Even Laimbeer isn't above picking minds on this board. Don't act like a newb is above it.

dtsnms wrote:

She won in her second year, just like Miller. She also won a championship, so it was a little more deserving. Now you're feeling competitive with Reeve? That's a joke.

You really believe that? You are even more delusional than I thought. Thank you Mr. Trump-Shades, for giving us a good laugh this evening.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not sure what point you're struggling to make. Didn't you see the quote both Randy and I picked up on that he's got 2 computers going 7 days a week? That seems to be something he would disparage and therefore earning the hypocrite title. Ask Randy if you're confused.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The idea or concept was to lure Torrens over with a fellow national team member, and look what happened. Quite a coincidence. It wasn't a crazy idea, it was a crazy good concept. Brilliant. Now I'm not so sure Reeve is interested in Banham with Jones doing well. He may have missed the Anna Cruz train.

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

In other words, he has no idea.

Mr. Shades-Trump, I don't think Mr. Miller would disparage two computers at one time to watch games...HE'D GET PAID TO DO IT! That's the difference man, you think you know things because you do what you do. The man gets paid to do it. That alone makes him smarter than you Mr. Cellar Dwellar.

Dude, Sienko, Thibault, and now Miller have been trying to get Alba to come over since she was drafted. If you really think that a superstar internationally needs another Spanish player for her to play where she wants to, you are again totally clueless. Alba does what Alba does because Alba wants to. And she doesn't want to come to the WNBA at this time

Now I think I hear your mother calling you for dinner. Put down the iPad, let Sarah Huckabee Sanders summarizes your rants, go upstairs, and go have your supper. And you better eat all your veggies or no games for you tonight.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

dtsnms wrote:

You really believe that? You are even more delusional than I thought. Thank you Mr. Trump-Shades, for giving us a good laugh this evening.

You really believed this? Thanks for demonstrating your lack of WNBA knowledge. Why are you trying to associate me with Trump? Seems childish, like him. 70 year old child. Hmm....

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anything you say Mr Shump!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You really believed this? Thanks for demonstrating your lack of WNBA knowledge. Why are you trying to associate me with Trump? Seems childish, like him. 70 year old child. Hmm....

Let's have a contest. dtsnms can post pictures of all the people he interviews, his view of games from press row, and the pre- and post-game press conferences he attends to help him gain WNBA knowledge. Shades can post pics of the way HE gains WNBA knowledge. Let's see which one seems more of an insider's perspective and which one seems like a guy in his basement playing keyboard warrior.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Let's have a contest. dtsnms can post pictures of all the people he interviews, his view of games from press row, and the pre- and post-game press conferences he attends to help him gain WNBA knowledge. Shades can post pics of the way HE gains WNBA knowledge. Let's see which one seems more of an insider's perspective and which one seems like a guy in his basement playing keyboard warrior.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I don't think Mr. Miller would disparage two computers at one time to watch games.

He better not hurt his computers' feelings. He needs those computers to gain WNBA knowledge.

dtsnms wrote:
HE'D GET PAID TO DO IT! That's the difference man, you think you know things because you do what you do. The man gets paid to do it. That alone makes him smarter than you Mr. Cellar Dwellar.

Your buddy Trump gets paid to be President. That doesn't mean he's particularly good at it or doesn't need a whole lot of help.

I never claimed he wasn't smart. If he's dialed into me, he's very smart. Maybe this year he won't make a bad call on a player like Akhator.

dtsnms wrote:
Dude, Sienko, Thibault, and now Miller have been trying to get Alba to come over since she was drafted.

You forgot Donovan, but you do seem to be in that boy's club.

dtsnms wrote:
If you really think that a superstar internationally needs another Spanish player for her to play where she wants to, you are again totally clueless. Alba does what Alba does because Alba wants to. And she doesn't want to come to the WNBA at this time

Yeah, and having a little extra incentive might make all the difference in getting her over the hump to coming over. It's a good idea. If nothing else has worked all these years it's definitely worth a shot. Common sense? I guess not.

Geno rostered Sims over a more deserving Diggins to help lure a resistant Griner to her first Team USA games. That's my call. It's always been my call. I'm sticking to it.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I never claimed he wasn't smart. If he's dialed into me, he's very smart.

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Geno rostered Sims over a more deserving Diggins to help lure a resistant Griner to her first Team USA games. That's my call. It's always been my call. I'm sticking to it.

Your opinion. Not a single fact to back it up. Pity you were not able to attend any of the camps in Storrs to see the practices and gather any of those facts. Pretty sure dtsnms did.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Your opinion. Not a single fact to back it up. Pity you were not able to attend any of the camps in Storrs to see the practices and gather any of those facts. Pretty sure dtsnms did.

#FakeNews from Mr. Shump!

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

He's got all that and he still messed up on the point on Reeve that he brought up himself for some random reason. I'd be embarrassed. I guess he felt a need to put down Reeve?

What's with you and pictures? Barcoff takes pictures with all the players. The person running the Barcoff copycat site in a feeble attempt to run him out of business doesn't post pictures with players, and it's a ghost town. So I guess you're right. Barcoff has superior WNBA knowledge to the owner of that copycat site. We agree.

Last edited by Shades on 01/09/18 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

He's got all that and he still messed up on the point on Reeve that he brought up himself for some random reason. I'd be embarrassed. I guess he felt a need to put down Reeve?

What's with you and pictures? Barcoff takes pictures with all the players. The person running the Barcoff copycat site in a feeble attempt to run him out of business doesn't, and it's a ghost town. So I guess you're right. Barcoff has superior WNBA knowledge to the owner of that copycat site.

Which you know damn well is me because I already said so. I don't give a damn about likes or comments or followers. I just like sharing information. I don't even want Barcoff's followers because they mostly seem to be nasty. And at least Barcoff has pictures to show he attends games. You haven't shown the slightest hint that you are not in fact that guy in his basement.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What's with you and pictures? Barcoff takes pictures with all the players. The person running the Barcoff copycat site in a feeble attempt to run him out of business doesn't, and it's a ghost town. So I guess you're right. Barcoff has superior WNBA knowledge to the owner of that copycat site.

More #FakeNews Mr Shump!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I'm not embarrassed for him. Reeve came into a situation where she had practically everything she needed for a championship caliber team. Two key injuries in 2010 let them miss the playoffs and get that missing #1 pick. She keeps it a dynasty because she has a team that is willing to take less than max for the opportunity to get a ring. If all five of her starters got a pure max salary they would not have been able to afford Perkins, Montgomery, and Pierson on the bench to cover when injuries happened.

No mistake, she is a VERY good coach but Curt Miller did a lot more with a lot less in the same amount of years.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/09/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The troll is in full effect today I see.... Laughing Miller gets paid to sit behind a computer to scout, you just seem to have too much free time. There’s a difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: