New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Ah, got it.
That said, Potter's per 30s look competitive with last years #3 pick Wink

What do you think the chances are, that the Libs can or would move up to get Vivians ?

Given that we don't know who is making the decisions, and that the likely candidates have no WNBA GM/coaching track record, I can't begin to guess what they'll do. So far, there hasn't been much activity except for 2 spurts of training camp signings. Not sure who interrupted their nap. I do agree that Vivians is a great fit for the Liberty.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Not sure who interrupted their nap.

Laughing ... finishing the season with a nice long winning streak, will cause sweet dreams.

I'll bet on a Small Forward to fill the Z to RAllen size gap, maybe Teana Muldrow will be there.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
Ah, got it.
That said, Potter's per 30s look competitive with last years #3 pick Wink

What do you think the chances are, that the Libs can or would move up to get Vivians ?

Given that we don't know who is making the decisions, and that the likely candidates have no WNBA GM/coaching track record, I can't begin to guess what they'll do. So far, there hasn't been much activity except for 2 spurts of training camp signings. Not sure who interrupted their nap. I do agree that Vivians is a great fit for the Liberty.

I certainly agree: since it isn't clear who's making the decisions, since some of those potentially involved have no relevant track record, it's impossible to guess what's ahead in the draft (or any possible trades).

I am very curious to see what Katie Smith will be like as a head coach. In what ways she will continue or depart from Bill Laimbeer's approach. How she feels about and will utilize the many returning players on the Liberty roster.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hopeful the Wings draft Vivians or Williams and offer to trade Powers. Powers for Stokes?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Not sure who interrupted their nap.

Laughing ... finishing the season with a nice long winning streak, will cause sweet dreams.

I'll bet on a Small Forward to fill the Z to RAllen size gap, maybe Teana Muldrow will be there.

I liked Muldrow a lot coming into the season, but she spent most (if not all) of her time playing 4/5 this year. It's a big transition to SF. However, Muldrow might be available at #22, which would be good value in that slot. The more likely SF at #10 would be Nared. I also liked her a lot through January. but her shooting fell off a cliff afterward. Now, Jaime looks like a risky pick. It almost seems that my liking someone is a curse. Smile On the other hand, I hated Vivians coming into the season -- she looked like an undisciplined version of Courtney Williams-TAM who went undrafted in 2016. But to her credit, Vivians got her act together and not only played well but especially excelled in big games.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm hopeful the Wings draft Vivians or Williams and offer to trade Powers. Powers for Stokes?

Laughing Laughing Laughing You really believe in giving us your hand me downs ..... Give up Power essentially for a rookie and an out of shape post ?

PostPosted: 04/11/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

You really believe in giving us your hand me downs ..... Give up Power essentially for a rookie and an out of shape post ?

Zune would take that deal. Seems pretty fair.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

You really believe in giving us your hand me downs ..... Give up Power essentially for a rookie and an out of shape post ?

Zune would take that deal. Seems pretty fair.

I Dont agree. Stokes was a mess last season , judging this trade to be fair based off her rookie season is not sufficient.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loved getting Nurse. Hated hearing that Boyd won’t be ready to start the season. Not that I was expecting her to be 100% but now I think there’s no way she will be anywhere near 100% all year.

Plus side Nurse fills major needs. She’s arguably the best 3 point shooter in the draft. She’s 6’0”. She defends. She knows the game. She will unquestionably have an immediate impact.

Piph might also be a little more effective at point with Nurse on the floor. Unlike Sugar, Nurse is a good ball-handler and passer. Piph and Sugar together in the backcourt slowed the halfcourt offense to a crawl. Nurse might work with Piph at the point.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 04/12/18 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can they suspend Boyd until healthy? That way no one has to be waived or traded?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t two people have to have long-term injuries before you’re allowed to open a roster spot?

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't Boyd expected to be ready next month?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i like Nurse, you know what you gonna get from her, tough hard-nose defense, great 3 point shooter. you can rely on her. she's not flashy, her handle to me is not good but i think she will be Solid for the Libs.

Last edited by LibFan25 on 04/12/18 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lobo said Boyd won’t be ready to start the season. She didn’t elaborate further.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
i like Nurse, you know what you gonna get from her, tough-nose defense, great 3 point shooter. you can rely on her. she's not flashy, her handle to me is not good but i think she will be Solid for the Libs.

By point guard standards, I’d agree about her handle. But I think it’s fine for a 6’0” wing. Def better than Sugar.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russell at 22!!!! 6’6” and athletic. I’ll take it. Filled two needs with “best availables” at 10 and 22. I’m freaking elated!

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So beginning of season:

PG: Hartley/Nurse
SG: Prince/Rodgers
SF: Zellous/R. Allen or Gray
PF: Charles/Russell/Zahui B.
C: Vaughn/Stokes
IR: Boyd

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/12/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So beginning of season:

i like it, Defense defense defense, still Charles needs help tho

toad455

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So beginning of season:

Russell is a center, Gray a C/PF, and Nurse is likely to be pushed to SF if we don't trade Rodgers. As someone who has watched 75%-80% of UConn games over the last four years, believe me, you don't want Kia Nurse as your PG. Part-time PG in college doesn't make you a PG in the WNBA. Nurse is less of a PG than Sugar Rodgers, who was a fulltime PG as a senior at Georgetown.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse is absolutely not a PG. I think Lindsay Allen is definitely making the team if Boyd is still hurt. This is what I’m thinking:

1-Hartley/Allen/Prince
2-Prince/Rodgers/Nurse
3-Zellous/Nurse
4-Charles/Zahui
5-Stokes/Vaughn/Russell

Boyd

Besides needing PG depth Lindsay Allen is going to be a solid WNBA starter someday. High IQ players with elite vision are a rare commodity. You don’t let them get away.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nurse starting before the year is over. I think Bec is out. Unless she’s improved significantly. She added nothing new to her game last year. Or at least nothing new that we saw in games.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 04/12/18 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd is hurt again?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Boyd is hurt again?

Lobo said Boyd would not be ready to start the season. She didn’t elaborate further.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Concur that Nurse is not a PG, except as an occasional backup. Average handle and passer for any perimeter position. Not a penetrator unless she has a wide open lane, nor a shot self-creator. Strengths are outside catch & shoot, defense, mature judgment and leadership.
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Shades wrote:
Boyd is hurt again?

Lobo said Boyd would not be ready to start the season. She didn’t elaborate further.

I'm not surprised. We haven't heard anything about Boyd and basketball all winter. It's nice that she started her own Christmas toy drive and participated in a re-enactment of the Selma to Montgomery march, but in the end we're mostly interested in Brittany as a basketball player. I couldn't find any news in that regard, so I had a feeling she wasn't ready.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 39 of 90

Jump to: