RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

1) WNBA Fan Page is reporting the re-signing of Tina. Can this be confirmed elsewhere?


If that’s where you get your WNBA news, you can almost always get it quicker here. You can get a lot of entertaining #FakeNews there though.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=550

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
2) Teaira McCowan did not declare for the draft, correct? Personally if so I think it's the right call. She could use another year to develop her offense.


The Liberty would really have to suck this year for McCowan to be a Liberty topic. Hopefully it will be the Storm that sucks to that level.

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
3) Who do you guys think is the most likely draftee if the Libs stay at 10?


Spooner snatched up Kia Nurse for the Liberty in the Rebkell fantasy mock. #10 is too hard to predict.

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
4) If Piph and Rodgers both stay, how do you all foresee the minutes being split? Perhaps I should add what do you think of their minutes if Boyd is good to go vs. if Boyd isn't good to go. Since I guess Piph/Sugar backcourt combos are still possible in sporadic situations.


Any chance Prince plays point to get the best players all on the court? I believe that’s what she usually plays overseas.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17609



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles is listed on the transactions page as being re-signed.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2421
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find the Liberty's guard situation to be completely bewildering. I'd have made a trade or two to clarify things, but it could well be that the chaos about selling the team precluded any front office moves.

I had great respect for Bill Laimbeer as a coach, but I always disagreed with him about point guards and "lead guards." I felt from the beginning that trying to install Cappie Pondexter as "lead guard" was a serious mistake. And I never liked Laimbeer's continuing effort to find a "lead guard."

For me, it's really valuable to have a point guard who's genuinely a point guard. On our current roster, that's Lindsay Allen. Will she be good enough this season, or ever, to be a starting WNBA point guard? To be a truly valuable starting WNBA point guard? I don't know. Beginning in training camp, I'd give her a real chance to show that she can be.

Even if Brittany Boyd returns at 100% or gets there soon enough, I'm skeptical that she will ever be an effective starting point guard. I see her as having some great skills and some very serious limitations. For me, assuming she's healthy, Boyd might be a backup point guard who can come off the bench and spark the team.

I like Bria Hartley more as an off guard than a point guard. Epiphanny Prince as a point guard again? I really don't want to see that. Sugar Rodgers? No.

So my admittedly unproven, perhaps dubious preferences would lead to Allen as starting point guard, Boyd as the point guard off the bench, and Hartley, Prince, and Rodgers sharing time at #2. Which would be absurd. Can one of these three still be traded for anything worthwhile? I don't know.

So, as I said at the beginning, I find the situation bewildering. But here is a question that intrigues me. How does Katie Smith feel about having a "lead guard" vs. a classic point guard? How does she feel about the guards we have and her current point guard options? We don't know, but soon enough we're going to get our first look at that.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships. Now she is part of the Senior Management Team of UNICEF USA.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So in terms of NYLWNBAFans question about who NY ends up with at #10

My gut feeling agrees that it will be Nared, SF is a big need, and she is the one who I think will still be there at #10.

My runner up gut feeling is Billings.

I think there is a chance Nurse falls to us at #10, but I still think The Sun take her at #9. I agree that Vivians isn't going to be there at #10.

There are also some scenarios where Canada or L. Brown drop to #10. Canada would IMO be the best solution for our PG Situation if we want to go true PG, there are some questions as to whether or not L. Brown is a true PG, but she is close enough and will most likely play some point in the W.

If Russell is there I could see her as the pick as well, but

Now if we do take someone who plays the 3 the 2 or the 1 such as Nared, Nurse, Canada or L. Brown someone below is put out of work because I don't think we will go with 8 on the perimeter

(You can line it up anyway you like for now I still think Hartley will start at the PG spot)

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zelous/B. Allen

Now while I agree with the point that L. Allen is our best true PG I also think she and B. Allen are the two players closest to the bubble and it would be one of them who gets waived if we take a perimeter player at #10 (unless we think there is someway that Nared can play small ball 4 and then she could be the replacement for Nayo, lining up at the 3 and the 4, I could also see Ibekwe being used in the same way, in which case we could draft a more traditional guard but either way that guard knocks someone off the roster from last season).

That is one of the reason I could see us going with Billings or Russell, but as I said my gut say we take Nared,

or combine the pick with a player for a trade but that is a different subject.


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4421
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All it takes is one surprise player selected in the 2-9 range for a "big" name to drop to #10. Then we likely get Nurse, Brown or Canada. Right now, Vadeeva is an odds-on favorite to be that "surprise". Or maybe some team decides to take a real center like Russell (Fred?) or Marie Güllich (Dan?). Or perhaps someone who thinks Canada is too small, and Brown not a real PG, decides to reach for Goodwin.

If we don't get that bigger name, then what? How do we predict when we don't know who is making the decisions? Well, we can look at the training camp signees. Faris is a smart hustle player. Ibekwe is an athletic hustle player. Gray and Alleyne are low post bangers -- albeit not the biggest ones around. So, the common theme seems to be effort rather than skill. It jibes with what Katie Smith has been saying in interviews about the team committing more and working a little harder to get over the hump. She talks about stuff like getting that extra rebound. Personally, I think they need more skill and offensive talent, but that's just me a mere fan. Razz Katie seems more interested in intangibles than flash or athleticism. On the other hand, based on Isiah's NBA picks, he does prefer the flashy or athletic player. So, putting 2+2 together, the player who is likely to be available that has superior athletic ability and gives consistent effort is Billings. She also slots in nicely as a replacement for Nayo. That said, there are so many unknowns that even logic leads to something that's probably not much more than a wild-ass guess. I could see Nared. I could see Russell. I could see Güllich. I could see Atkins. I could see Goodwin. Maybe Mavunga because Katie and Herb are from tOSU. In other words, I'm ready for anything... other than Vadeeva.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Billings is also is the easiest to slot in (though the Mavunga tOSU connection did cross my mind and has the same impact on the roster).

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zelous/B. Allen
Charles/Zahui B./Billings
Stokes/Vaughn

Then all other draftees (2nd and 3rd rounders) and camp invites fighting to knock someone off to take their spot.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 520
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So in terms of NYLWNBAFans question about who NY ends up with at #10

My gut feeling agrees that it will be Nared, SF is a big need, and she is the one who I think will still be there at #10.

My runner up gut feeling is Billings.

I think there is a chance Nurse falls to us at #10, but I still think The Sun take her at #9. I agree that Vivians isn't going to be there at #10.

There are also some scenarios where Canada or L. Brown drop to #10. Canada would IMO be the best solution for our PG Situation if we want to go true PG, there are some questions as to whether or not L. Brown is a true PG, but she is close enough and will most likely play some point in the W.

If Russell is there I could see her as the pick as well, but

Now if we do take someone who plays the 3 the 2 or the 1 such as Nared, Nurse, Canada or L. Brown someone below is put out of work because I don't think we will go with 8 on the perimeter

(You can line it up anyway you like for now I still think Hartley will start at the PG spot)

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zelous/B. Allen

Now while I agree with the point that L. Allen is our best true PG I also think she and B. Allen are the two players closest to the bubble and it would be one of them who gets waived if we take a perimeter player at #10 (unless we think there is someway that Nared can play small ball 4 and then she could be the replacement for Nayo, lining up at the 3 and the 4, I could also see Ibekwe being used in the same way, in which case we could draft a more traditional guard but either way that guard knocks someone off the roster from last season).

That is one of the reason I could see us going with Billings or Russell, but as I said my gut say we take Nared,

or combine the pick with a player for a trade but that is a different subject.


this is exactly how i feel. if Canada or Brown drops which i highly doubt, then you snatch them. honestly in my heart i kinda perfer Brown more then Canada because of her size


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12408



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
All it takes is one surprise player selected in the 2-9 range for a "big" name to drop to #10. Then we likely get Nurse, Brown or Canada. Right now, Vadeeva is an odds-on favorite to be that "surprise". Or maybe some team decides to take a real center like Russell (Fred?) or Marie Güllich (Dan?). Or perhaps someone who thinks Canada is too small, and Brown not a real PG, decides to reach for Goodwin.

If we don't get that bigger name, then what? How do we predict when we don't know who is making the decisions? Well, we can look at the training camp signees. Faris is a smart hustle player. Ibekwe is an athletic hustle player. Gray and Alleyne are low post bangers -- albeit not the biggest ones around. So, the common theme seems to be effort rather than skill. It jibes with what Katie Smith has been saying in interviews about the team committing more and working a little harder to get over the hump. She talks about stuff like getting that extra rebound. Personally, I think they need more skill and offensive talent, but that's just me a mere fan. Razz Katie seems more interested in intangibles than flash or athleticism. On the other hand, based on Isiah's NBA picks, he does prefer the flashy or athletic player. So, putting 2+2 together, the player who is likely to be available that has superior athletic ability and gives consistent effort is Billings. She also slots in nicely as a replacement for Nayo. That said, there are so many unknowns that even logic leads to something that's probably not much more than a wild-ass guess. I could see Nared. I could see Russell. I could see Güllich. I could see Atkins. I could see Goodwin. Maybe Mavunga because Katie and Herb are from tOSU. In other words, I'm ready for anything... other than Vadeeva.


Once I saw Vadeeva slip to 10 in Megdal’s mock, I watched her and started thinking. She reminds me a lot of Meesseman, which is not the greatest fit on NY with Tina at the 4 spot. However, she’s a name with a reasonable degree of upside even if her athleticism doesn’t wow anyone. So, what if you take her and use her to trade for something more valuable than Nared? She will be a desired commodity even if she slips down to NY, I would think.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4421
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Once I saw Vadeeva slip to 10 in Megdal’s mock, I watched her and started thinking. She reminds me a lot of Meesseman, which is not the greatest fit on NY with Tina at the 4 spot. However, she’s a name with a reasonable degree of upside even if her athleticism doesn’t wow anyone. So, what if you take her and use her to trade for something more valuable than Nared? She will be a desired commodity even if she slips down to NY, I would think.


Vadeeva is not as athletically fluid as Meesseman, and she doesn't have the 3pt shot. I'm really impressed with what she's accomplished at a young age -- especially last season at 18. However, young players don't always continue to develop as expected. I've pointed out previously how Ji-Su Park made a big splash at 14 but hasn't become the superstar she was projected to be. DeShields debuted on the world stage at 15, but she's still an enigmatic prospect rather than a sure thing at 23. 6-6 Emily Potter of Utah looked like a potential star as a sophomore, but now she's not even in the draft discussion. And while American players like Billings, Nared, Atkins, and Russell are older than Vadeeva, they may actually have more upside because their superior athletic ability gives them more room to grow.

As for putting up numbers, we've seen with Zahui B and Gruda that compiling pretty statistics in the Russian League is no guarantee of success in the WNBA. In fact, last season Emma Cannon led the Russian league in scoring and averaged a double-double. And I wonder how much of Vadeeva's success is because defenses are focused on her teammates (Angel, Nneka, Piph, Petrovic), which allows Maria to sneak around playing assassin. So while I like Vadeeva, I'm curbing my enthusiasm. Add in the questions about her availability, and I'm not sure what her trade value would be. It's notable that none of the people in those WNBA.com interviews -- Laimbeer, Stocks, Pokey, Lobo or LaChina -- seem to have any insight into what Vadeeva will do. Given those circumstances, I'd rather have the bird in hand. However, if you could find a trade before the draft started, then that would be a different story.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12408



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 3:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to clarify, I see her more as the rookie version of EM with the less developed 3 point shot and footwork. I really like her passing and understanding of the game...remarkable at such a young age. I’d figure Vivians isn’t getting past Indiana and Nurse isn’t getting past Connecticut.

It would be easier to know what’s what if we had any inkling what the Libs’ offensive philosophy will be.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17609



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping we get an official announcement of Charles re-signing today. Just wondering if it's just a one year deal or a multi-year deal.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
threadkiller1201



Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 174
Location: washington state


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles now no longer listed on the wnba tranactions page as having re-signed?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
Tina Charles now no longer listed on the wnba tranactions page as having re-signed?


Oh oh.... draft day trade coming?

Charles for Langhorne and #5?

Let’s get Spooner to work on this.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6179
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
Tina Charles now no longer listed on the wnba tranactions page as having re-signed?


This happens all the time with the transactions page. It's a problem with the website.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:
Tina Charles now no longer listed on the wnba tranactions page as having re-signed?


This happens all the time with the transactions page. It's a problem with the website.


Or is it........... Cool



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina To LV for #1 & Kelsey Plum !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17609



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Tina Charles transaction of re-signing has been removed.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't imagine that Charles has demanded a trade you all are making me crazy. I mean yes she demanded one to come to NY but that makes the idea even crazier.

I could see her only wanting to sign a 1 year deal to avoid the possibility of NY folding and her being sent somewhere beyond her control in a dispersal draft. If the team does exist next year, (hopefully in NY under exciting new management and playing at Barclays) they can still core her so it is not like agree to the 1 year deal hurts NY in anyway.

I also don't think she would sit out, though it is possible, but she donates her WNBA salary to charity and I don't think she would want to deprive her charity by sitting out.

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.

Tina will be in NY this year.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I can't imagine that Charles has demanded a trade you all are making me crazy. I mean yes she demanded one to come to NY but that makes the idea even crazier.

I could see her only wanting to sign a 1 year deal to avoid the possibility of NY folding and her being sent somewhere beyond her control in a dispersal draft. If the team does exist next year, (hopefully in NY under exciting new management and playing at Barclays) they can still core her so it is not like agree to the 1 year deal hurts NY in anyway.

I also don't think she would sit out, though it is possible, but she donates her WNBA salary to charity and I don't think she would want to deprive her charity by sitting out.

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.

Tina will be in NY this year.


They would have announced the signing of the teams most important player by now dont you think ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I can't imagine that Charles has demanded a trade you all are making me crazy. I mean yes she demanded one to come to NY but that makes the idea even crazier.

I could see her only wanting to sign a 1 year deal to avoid the possibility of NY folding and her being sent somewhere beyond her control in a dispersal draft. If the team does exist next year, (hopefully in NY under exciting new management and playing at Barclays) they can still core her so it is not like agree to the 1 year deal hurts NY in anyway.

I also don't think she would sit out, though it is possible, but she donates her WNBA salary to charity and I don't think she would want to deprive her charity by sitting out.

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.

Tina will be in NY this year.


They would have announced the signing of the teams most important player by now dont you think ?


Not if it hasn't technically happened.

It is a little out of the ordinary but there also hasn't been any leaked info to lead to the assumption she has demanded a trade or threatened to sit out. Even though I don't like the rule she is cored and can't play anywhere else unless the team agrees to trade her. It is conceivable that there is going to be trade related to draft night, but it seems just as conceivable (to me at least) that the website posted it too early or is simply having a glitch and there will be an announcement in the coming days.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I can't imagine that Charles has demanded a trade you all are making me crazy. I mean yes she demanded one to come to NY but that makes the idea even crazier.

I could see her only wanting to sign a 1 year deal to avoid the possibility of NY folding and her being sent somewhere beyond her control in a dispersal draft. If the team does exist next year, (hopefully in NY under exciting new management and playing at Barclays) they can still core her so it is not like agree to the 1 year deal hurts NY in anyway.

I also don't think she would sit out, though it is possible, but she donates her WNBA salary to charity and I don't think she would want to deprive her charity by sitting out.

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.

Tina will be in NY this year.


They would have announced the signing of the teams most important player by now dont you think ?


Not if it hasn't technically happened.

It is a little out of the ordinary but there also hasn't been any leaked info to lead to the assumption she has demanded a trade or threatened to sit out. Even though I don't like the rule she is cored and can't play anywhere else unless the team agrees to trade her. It is conceivable that there is going to be trade related to draft night, but it seems just as conceivable (to me at least) that the website posted it too early or is simply having a glitch and there will be an announcement in the coming days.


Lets hope that it was a glitch , history says when a big player holds out on re-signing . Either a Sit out or Trade is somewhere near .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 520
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tina To LV for #1 & Kelsey Plum !


stop it lmao Laughing Laughing

you know.....i follow Bria Hartley on instagram, if you havn't followed her yet you should. She is beautiful and have a beautiful baby boy. Anyway while i was checking out her pics she posted a new "Storm X-Men" look of her hair, she looks good. one of her 1st comments was future #1 pick Ms Aja Wilson. Listen, my guess its nothing but just wanted to bring it up cuz it popped into my head lol


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/06/new-york-liberty-re-sign-tina-charles/



Quote:
It was only a matter of time. High Post Hoops was able to confirm Friday evening that the New York Liberty have re-signed 2012 WNBA MVP and eight-time All-WNBA selection Tina Charles.


So seems , "High Posts Hoops" were lying ? Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/06/new-york-liberty-re-sign-tina-charles/



Quote:
It was only a matter of time. High Post Hoops was able to confirm Friday evening that the New York Liberty have re-signed 2012 WNBA MVP and eight-time All-WNBA selection Tina Charles.


So seems , "High Posts Hoops" were lying ? Shocked


They probably confirmed it the same way we did, through the transaction page.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.


Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/06/new-york-liberty-re-sign-tina-charles/



Quote:
It was only a matter of time. High Post Hoops was able to confirm Friday evening that the New York Liberty have re-signed 2012 WNBA MVP and eight-time All-WNBA selection Tina Charles.


So seems , "High Posts Hoops" were lying ? Shocked


They probably confirmed it the same way we did, through the transaction page.


Quote:
Teams need top-flight talent to win at the highest level. With Friday’s news, the Liberty now know for certain that their superstar isn’t going anywhere.


Yet chose to publish an article without the facts ? Seems pretty pre-mature , may be just me though , Oh well back to worrying LibFans.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.


Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?


I like Wilson if heaven forbid this speculation was accurate Wilson and something would be a decent return.

Yes Charles is a veteran now but a veteran who has been a WNBA MVP and has been the lone super star on a team that has been top 3 the last three seasons while being close to the top of the league in points and rebounds, Charles I believe has the most player of the weeks awards of anyone in the league, is a multiple first team WNBA player and an Olympian. Wilson might get near that but I will take the bird in the hand, unless that bird has demanded a trade in which case I'm all for Wilson.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.


Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?


I like Wilson if heaven forbid this speculation was accurate Wilson and something would be a decent return.

Yes Charles is a veteran now but a veteran who has been a WNBA MVP and has been the lone super star on a team that has been top 3 the last three seasons while being close to the top of the league in points and rebounds, Charles I believe has the most player of the weeks awards of anyone in the league, is a multiple first team WNBA player and an Olympian. Wilson might get near that but I will take the bird in the hand, unless that bird has demanded a trade in which case I'm all for Wilson.


What if the Trade is NOT to LV ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.


Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?


I like Wilson if heaven forbid this speculation was accurate Wilson and something would be a decent return.

Yes Charles is a veteran now but a veteran who has been a WNBA MVP and has been the lone super star on a team that has been top 3 the last three seasons while being close to the top of the league in points and rebounds, Charles I believe has the most player of the weeks awards of anyone in the league, is a multiple first team WNBA player and an Olympian. Wilson might get near that but I will take the bird in the hand, unless that bird has demanded a trade in which case I'm all for Wilson.


What if the Trade is NOT to LV ?


There is no trade Exclamation

OK there might be but stop bringing me down.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.


Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?


I like Wilson if heaven forbid this speculation was accurate Wilson and something would be a decent return.

Yes Charles is a veteran now but a veteran who has been a WNBA MVP and has been the lone super star on a team that has been top 3 the last three seasons while being close to the top of the league in points and rebounds, Charles I believe has the most player of the weeks awards of anyone in the league, is a multiple first team WNBA player and an Olympian. Wilson might get near that but I will take the bird in the hand, unless that bird has demanded a trade in which case I'm all for Wilson.


What if the Trade is NOT to LV ?


There is no trade Exclamation

OK there might be but stop bringing me down.


Sorry Spoon Laughing Embarassed It will all be understood in due time !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone here believe that maybe Tina wants a Title and might be realizing NY's is not the place for that to happen ? Shes no spring chicken anymore , 8 Years in the league without even coming remotely close to winning a title has to be on her mind.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23060



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Anyone here believe that maybe Tina wants a Title and might be realizing NY's is not the place for that to happen ? Shes no spring chicken anymore , 8 Years in the league without even coming remotely close to winning a title has to be on her mind.


She's made demands before. And it worked. Guess they could trade her to LV for Bone, since they got her for Bone originally. Twisted Evil So ok, it also got Connecticut something useful in Alyssa Thomas...so how about Hamby?! If you thought Thomas and Bone for Tina was fair, then turnabout is fair too, eh? Wink


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4721



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Anyone here believe that maybe Tina wants a Title and might be realizing NY's is not the place for that to happen ? Shes no spring chicken anymore , 8 Years in the league without even coming remotely close to winning a title has to be on her mind.


She's made demands before. And it worked. Guess they could trade her to LV for Bone, since they got her for Bone originally. Twisted Evil So ok, it also got Connecticut something useful in Alyssa Thomas...so how about Hamby?! If you thought Thomas and Bone for Tina was fair, then turnabout is fair too, eh? Wink


Technically it was Charles for Bone, A. Thomas and the pick that became E. Williams but I realize you are joking.

I don't know how about Charles for Cambage and #6? Very Happy


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4421
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She's made demands before. And it worked. Guess they could trade her to LV for Bone, since they got her for Bone originally. Twisted Evil So ok, it also got Connecticut something useful in Alyssa Thomas...so how about Hamby?! If you thought Thomas and Bone for Tina was fair, then turnabout is fair too, eh? Wink


Technically it was Charles for Bone, A. Thomas and the pick that became E. Williams but I realize you are joking.


Bone, EWill, and A. Thomas have all legitimately made All-Star teams -- all by age 25. What more can you ask for? It was a fair trade of talent. The fact that CT gave up on EWill too early (or made bad use of the pick they received) and Miller couldn't coach Bone is not NY's fault. Razz



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4421
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In terms of trading Tina, I'd be looking at Chicago. They need a PF, and they've got the #3 and #4 picks as well as Coates and Copper. You can probably come up with some combination that works. The Sky with Charles, Dolson, Sloot, and Quigley could be pretty formidable.

Edit: Did I actually type Dream instead of Sky? Shocked Embarassed



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream


Last edited by root_thing on 04/10/18 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23060



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:


I don't know how about Charles for Cambage and #6? Very Happy


cambage is way too wishy washy. She may or may not decide she wants to play in Westchester...



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17609



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

let's wait and see what Tina does for this season first before deciding where else she'd like to play. I'm convinced someone at .com jumped the gun and she's re-signed(or about to).



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
It was a fair trade of talent.


Donovan is the true genius behind CON’s success.

root_thing wrote:
The fact that CT gave up on EWill too early (or made bad use of the pick they received) and Miller couldn't coach Bone is not NY's fault. Razz


Oh, you are so going to be banished to the basement. Criticism of Curt Miller is not tolerated here. You are to worship him as a deity even though he is a false god with many faults. So it is written. So it shall be done.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
let's wait and see what Tina does for this season first before deciding where else she'd like to play.


Let’s wait and see if Charles actually signs before deciding that she’s playing this season.

toad455 wrote:
I'm convinced someone at .com jumped the gun and she's re-signed(or about to).


Why would they jump the gun? It seems like on hold on something may have come up moment to me.

I suppose some bad coding could have caused the Charles entry to disappear. Somebody should enquire. Put High Post Hoops on the case since they put out a big story on the Charles signing.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57471
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib tweeted out this picture today. It's ironic enough as is, but will be even more so if Charles doesn't sign or demands a trade.




_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49194



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Charles #ShowUp?

Hey, if people hate the speculation, the organization shouldn’t be so sloppy.

They haven’t put out a news release about a signing since Feb 9.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4421
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what's the big deal. Tina is with Waldo and Carmen Sandiego.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17609



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stuff like this makes me believe Tina will be back with New York. But that photo today made me laugh and be angry at the same time. Women be treated equally, but shipping the Liberty off to a subpar arena that's difficult for fans to get to. Yep Dolan, you're really treating women equally.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kayla Alexander was one of the players at the Aces reveal party and ended up being traded the following week. Anything is possible Ijs , Liberty fans should know this more than anyone .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17609



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Kayla Alexander was one of the players at the Aces reveal party and ended up being traded the following week. Anything is possible Ijs , Liberty fans should know this more than anyone .


The difference is Alexander was a backup player for San Antonio in 2017. Tina's the #1 player for Next York.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7531
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Kayla Alexander was one of the players at the Aces reveal party and ended up being traded the following week. Anything is possible Ijs , Liberty fans should know this more than anyone .


The difference is Alexander was a backup player for San Antonio in 2017. Tina's the #1 player for Next York.


Is that really a difference ? When a player is not signed more than halfway through the free agency period ? If anything thats even worse .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 390



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

6-6 Emily Potter of Utah looked like a potential star as a sophomore, but now she's not even in the draft discussion.


Huh. Some of the picks last year, were not mentioned at all around here, until the moment they were picked.


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2421
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stuff like this makes me believe Tina will be back with New York. But that photo today made me laugh and be angry at the same time. Women be treated equally, but shipping the Liberty off to a subpar arena that's difficult for fans to get to. Yep Dolan, you're really treating women equally.


Can we expect women to be treated equally by Hideous Lord Jimmy, who continues to lie about sexual harassment at the Garden by his BFF Isiah and others?



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships. Now she is part of the Senior Management Team of UNICEF USA.
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4421
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
root_thing wrote:

6-6 Emily Potter of Utah looked like a potential star as a sophomore, but now she's not even in the draft discussion.


Huh. Some of the picks last year, were not mentioned at all around here, until the moment they were picked.


You're missing the point. As a sophomore, Potter was someone who looked like she could be a major talent -- a future 1st Round pick from a P5 school. Instead, she never developed (arguably regressed) despite being a starter her whole career. The point is that promising young players don't always fulfill their potential. I wasn't talking about small college athletes or low profile P5 players who get overlooked by fans. Potter is known, but no longer highly regarded. She still might get picked, but at this point it would be an afterthought.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 390



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, got it.
That said, Potter's per 30s look competitive with last years #3 pick Wink


What do you think the chances are, that the Libs can or would move up to get Vivians ?


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 19 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin