RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4635
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:
All I know is that the Yankees traded for Russell Wilson this week, which means they got a starting quarterback before the Jets did.


Does this mean that you don't view Christian Hackenberg as the answer to the Jets' endless quarterback problem? Smile


Since he's been drafted, you, me and every member of Rebkell have had as many NFL snaps as Christian Hackenberg.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2474
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:
All I know is that the Yankees traded for Russell Wilson this week, which means they got a starting quarterback before the Jets did.


Does this mean that you don't view Christian Hackenberg as the answer to the Jets' endless quarterback problem? Smile


Since he's been drafted, you, me and every member of Rebkell have had as many NFL snaps as Christian Hackenberg.


But you have looked much better at QB in your zero NFL snaps than he has!


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 561
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Regarding any roster changes there is hope for:

-Improvement from young players within
-A return of Boyd
-A change in offensive structure to something more perimeter-friendly

Boyd's injury is a big deal for a speed player so in no way am I thinking she will return 100% or assuming anything. But a return to some degree of contribution and impact is at least a possibility. Stokes was awful in about half of last year's games, including rebounding and defense. A return to form in at least the stuff she excels at would be an improvement. Zahui is a possibility for improvement as is Nayo.

I vehemently believe that the Rodgers/Prince combo needs to be broken up. Having two reasonably ok scorers share a position is not the best bang for your buck. What I personally want is to keep the #10 pick and draft Nurse. She can shoot the 3, she's got a workable floor game and she has SF size. She can play the 2 or the 3 and she will contribute immediately. Trade Rodgers for whatever you can get. The luxury the Liberty have is they at least have bodies at every spot. They have 5 workable post players. They have at least 2 functional people at the point, 3 if Boyd turns out to be healthy and able to contribute. Adding Nurse and subtracting Sugar leaves you with Prince, Z, Nurse and Allen at the wing positions. Additionally, maybe if you add Nurse's floor game to that of Z's maybe you can get away with Piph at the point a little more often. One of the reasons it didn't work last year was because Sugar's floor game was also pretty deficient.

In turn, Rodgers to LA for the 11th pick makes considerable sense for both teams. LA could really use her speed, explosiveness and shooting ability off the bench...an area they were weak in last year. She'd also benefit from the standpoint that several LA players already have a strong floor game (Gray, Sims, Parker, Nneka, Beard).

Neither Piph nor Sugar really got into a rhythm last year. I think sharing minutes would make this year more of the same. Having Nurse on the wing would give the perimeter part of the team considerably more versatility than having a "2-guard only" in Rodgers who doesn't pass, handle or create particularly well.

Katie Smith also will, in my opinion, run a somewhat different offense from Laimbeer. It might help open things up for some of the younger players to score on the perimeter.


key player this year will be Boyd, im really curious to see how she comes back from injury. i felt just like everyone else she was about to breakout. i think she will be rusty in the begining but im expecting a solid year

i love Nurse as well but i get this feeling the Sun will draft her.

my order i want to happen at 10

Nared: i know she's struggling, but i still believe in her Potential/ability and i hope Katie does as well. i've seen too many games she is good. trust me. she has long size, and the speed fits good at the 3 off the bench. how much you wanna bet she will outplay R.Allen in camp and get more minutes?

Vivians: what concerns me is her defense, sometimes when i watch she just jogs down the court alot, that annoys me. but she a deadly shooter she can score, and that's what the Libs need, more offense.

L.Brown: i dont think she will drop but if she did, bounce on it. great shooter she can play the 1 and 2 and then you have the chance to make moves by trading either Rodgers or Prince.

Russell: i agree with everything Root_thing says.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18029



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At #10 I'd prefer Billings or even Vivians to get a legit SF. I'm still holding out hope we get a post FA.

PG: Boyd/L. Allen
SG: Prince/Rodgers/Hartley
SF: Zellous/draft pick
PF: Charles/Raincock/FA
C: Vaughn/Stokes
Gone: R. Allen/Zahui B.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18029



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles urges fans to come to Westchester despite the travel difficulty.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/22399987/tina-charles-katie-smith-urge-fans-follow-new-york-liberty-white-plains



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49916



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Charles urges fans to come to Westchester despite the travel difficulty.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/22399987/tina-charles-katie-smith-urge-fans-follow-new-york-liberty-white-plains


Sounds like there's no worries about her returning to the Liberty.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Charles urges fans to come to Westchester despite the travel difficulty.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/22399987/tina-charles-katie-smith-urge-fans-follow-new-york-liberty-white-plains


I've seen her dad on the subway platform after games, so I wonder if she's heard about the travel issues from him.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
When I had courtside season tickets to the Monarchs, I drove 105 miles each way from SF to SAC for 9 years. Idea



If all I had to do was get on a train instead of driving a Mercedes SUV that gets 8 miles per gallon through 3 rush hour traffic bottlenecks (SF, Oakland, Sac), I'd consider it a win. Sacramento wasn't Manhattan either, but we always found fun things to do there. I'm sure there are enjoyable places to spend time in Westchester also.. Idea


I’ll make most of the trips but this is not a matter of just getting on one train. It’s for just about everyone a bus to a train or multiple connecting trains. Involving subways with oftentimes lengthy delays that make arrival at a train to White Plains unpredictable. To go from MSG to a second-rate arena.

I’m thankful for now that we have a team. I just hope there’s a future beyond 2018. But this is going to be a hard commute for many, in a city with numerous people who don’t drive.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.


Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 02/11/18 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Regarding any roster changes there is hope for:

-Improvement from young players within
-A return of Boyd
-A change in offensive structure to something more perimeter-friendly

Boyd's injury is a big deal for a speed player so in no way am I thinking she will return 100% or assuming anything. But a return to some degree of contribution and impact is at least a possibility. Stokes was awful in about half of last year's games, including rebounding and defense. A return to form in at least the stuff she excels at would be an improvement. Zahui is a possibility for improvement as is Nayo.

I vehemently believe that the Rodgers/Prince combo needs to be broken up. Having two reasonably ok scorers share a position is not the best bang for your buck. What I personally want is to keep the #10 pick and draft Nurse. She can shoot the 3, she's got a workable floor game and she has SF size. She can play the 2 or the 3 and she will contribute immediately. Trade Rodgers for whatever you can get. The luxury the Liberty have is they at least have bodies at every spot. They have 5 workable post players. They have at least 2 functional people at the point, 3 if Boyd turns out to be healthy and able to contribute. Adding Nurse and subtracting Sugar leaves you with Prince, Z, Nurse and Allen at the wing positions. Additionally, maybe if you add Nurse's floor game to that of Z's maybe you can get away with Piph at the point a little more often. One of the reasons it didn't work last year was because Sugar's floor game was also pretty deficient.

In turn, Rodgers to LA for the 11th pick makes considerable sense for both teams. LA could really use her speed, explosiveness and shooting ability off the bench...an area they were weak in last year. She'd also benefit from the standpoint that several LA players already have a strong floor game (Gray, Sims, Parker, Nneka, Beard).

Neither Piph nor Sugar really got into a rhythm last year. I think sharing minutes would make this year more of the same. Having Nurse on the wing would give the perimeter part of the team considerably more versatility than having a "2-guard only" in Rodgers who doesn't pass, handle or create particularly well.

Katie Smith also will, in my opinion, run a somewhat different offense from Laimbeer. It might help open things up for some of the younger players to score on the perimeter.


key player this year will be Boyd, im really curious to see how she comes back from injury. i felt just like everyone else she was about to breakout. i think she will be rusty in the begining but im expecting a solid year

i love Nurse as well but i get this feeling the Sun will draft her.

my order i want to happen at 10

Nared: i know she's struggling, but i still believe in her Potential/ability and i hope Katie does as well. i've seen too many games she is good. trust me. she has long size, and the speed fits good at the 3 off the bench. how much you wanna bet she will outplay R.Allen in camp and get more minutes?

Vivians: what concerns me is her defense, sometimes when i watch she just jogs down the court alot, that annoys me. but she a deadly shooter she can score, and that's what the Libs need, more offense.

L.Brown: i dont think she will drop but if she did, bounce on it. great shooter she can play the 1 and 2 and then you have the chance to make moves by trading either Rodgers or Prince.

Russell: i agree with everything Root_thing says.


I haven’t watched Nared much so can’t comment but I agree elsewhere. I think Nurse is better than Vivians. I do like that Vivians appears better able to create her own shot than what I saw last year.

I love Brown. She can penetrate and shoot with range. She’s going to be a contributor in the WNBA immediately because she can score all over the floor. She is kind of slightly built and a bit too combo-ish for a PG but those are things that can be improved. The skills she has, along with the moxie, you can’t teach.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting back to the Deshields discussion earlier. Another way a player with her skills can help is in one and dones. She gives you length, speed and an unparalleled ability to create her own shot. I recognize you don’t always know where her shot is going, but she’s proven to be a big-game player. And while Toliver was merrily going off last year as we struggled to get perimeter looks, maybe a DD caliber player changes that.

It’s not a guarantee or whatever. But I would’ve loved to have had 6’1” and the most athletic player on the floor in that situation.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2474
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I’ll make most of the trips but this is not a matter of just getting on one train. It’s for just about everyone a bus to a train or multiple connecting trains. Involving subways with oftentimes lengthy delays that make arrival at a train to White Plains unpredictable. To go from MSG to a second-rate arena.

I’m thankful for now that we have a team. I just hope there’s a future beyond 2018. But this is going to be a hard commute for many, in a city with numerous people who don’t drive.


Right on the mark.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Charles urges fans to come to Westchester despite the travel difficulty.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/22399987/tina-charles-katie-smith-urge-fans-follow-new-york-liberty-white-plains


It’s the second time I’ve heard Katie Smith express concern about the fans. It’s not something you typically hear from coaches. I appreciate it a bunch.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57921
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I would’ve loved to have had 6’1” and the most athletic player on the floor in that situation.


Too bad the Lib didn't keep Toni Young...



_________________
Marlene watches from the wall
Her mocking smile says it all
As she records the rise and fall
Of every soldier passing
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2474
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The article posted above by toad mentions that Katie Smith is in the process of finalizing her coaching staff. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I would’ve loved to have had 6’1” and the most athletic player on the floor in that situation.


Too bad the Lib didn't keep Toni Young...


I should have said 6’1”, athletic and better basketball skill.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4846



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still feeling very similar about the draft as I have all season.

My first preference move up for Deshields.

If we stay at #10 the four players I've had my eye on from the beginning are Nared, Nurse, Canada and Billings.

My gut says Canada and Nurse are gone by #10 (and that Canada might be a little redundant in terms of what we already have but I still really like her and would take her, and might even start her from day 1 at PG, but we probably have greater needs.)

So Nared is still my realistic 1st choice, with Billings as my second choice. I think Nared has lost some shine this season because she is trying to do too much. I liked her game more last year playing as the number two option behind Deshields which is more of the kind of role she we have at the next level. I also think Nared can play both as a big 3 or a skilled/stretch 4 allowing for more flexible line ups.

I'd rather have more of a scorer, but Billings will add some physicality, speed, shot blocking and rebounding, as an athletic post, and I think the Liberty could use a little more of that.

Trying to keep my eye on Vivians, S. Thomas and Scaife, but they haven't leap-froged my choices above. Though Vivians may have leap-froged our draft position.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 561
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Regarding any roster changes there is hope for:

-Improvement from young players within
-A return of Boyd
-A change in offensive structure to something more perimeter-friendly

Boyd's injury is a big deal for a speed player so in no way am I thinking she will return 100% or assuming anything. But a return to some degree of contribution and impact is at least a possibility. Stokes was awful in about half of last year's games, including rebounding and defense. A return to form in at least the stuff she excels at would be an improvement. Zahui is a possibility for improvement as is Nayo.

I vehemently believe that the Rodgers/Prince combo needs to be broken up. Having two reasonably ok scorers share a position is not the best bang for your buck. What I personally want is to keep the #10 pick and draft Nurse. She can shoot the 3, she's got a workable floor game and she has SF size. She can play the 2 or the 3 and she will contribute immediately. Trade Rodgers for whatever you can get. The luxury the Liberty have is they at least have bodies at every spot. They have 5 workable post players. They have at least 2 functional people at the point, 3 if Boyd turns out to be healthy and able to contribute. Adding Nurse and subtracting Sugar leaves you with Prince, Z, Nurse and Allen at the wing positions. Additionally, maybe if you add Nurse's floor game to that of Z's maybe you can get away with Piph at the point a little more often. One of the reasons it didn't work last year was because Sugar's floor game was also pretty deficient.

In turn, Rodgers to LA for the 11th pick makes considerable sense for both teams. LA could really use her speed, explosiveness and shooting ability off the bench...an area they were weak in last year. She'd also benefit from the standpoint that several LA players already have a strong floor game (Gray, Sims, Parker, Nneka, Beard).

Neither Piph nor Sugar really got into a rhythm last year. I think sharing minutes would make this year more of the same. Having Nurse on the wing would give the perimeter part of the team considerably more versatility than having a "2-guard only" in Rodgers who doesn't pass, handle or create particularly well.

Katie Smith also will, in my opinion, run a somewhat different offense from Laimbeer. It might help open things up for some of the younger players to score on the perimeter.


key player this year will be Boyd, im really curious to see how she comes back from injury. i felt just like everyone else she was about to breakout. i think she will be rusty in the begining but im expecting a solid year

i love Nurse as well but i get this feeling the Sun will draft her.

my order i want to happen at 10

Nared: i know she's struggling, but i still believe in her Potential/ability and i hope Katie does as well. i've seen too many games she is good. trust me. she has long size, and the speed fits good at the 3 off the bench. how much you wanna bet she will outplay R.Allen in camp and get more minutes?

Vivians: what concerns me is her defense, sometimes when i watch she just jogs down the court alot, that annoys me. but she a deadly shooter she can score, and that's what the Libs need, more offense.

L.Brown: i dont think she will drop but if she did, bounce on it. great shooter she can play the 1 and 2 and then you have the chance to make moves by trading either Rodgers or Prince.

Russell: i agree with everything Root_thing says.


I haven’t watched Nared much so can’t comment but I agree elsewhere. I think Nurse is better than Vivians. I do like that Vivians appears better able to create her own shot than what I saw last year.

I love Brown. She can penetrate and shoot with range. She’s going to be a contributor in the WNBA immediately because she can score all over the floor. She is kind of slightly built and a bit too combo-ish for a PG but those are things that can be improved. The skills she has, along with the moxie, you can’t teach.



Yeah the safe pick if available would be Nurse, the highest ceiling if available would be Vivians. Nared is my homerun pick. I just believe in her lol Every pick is a gamble but I'm excited again lol Im happy this is kinda over, still not outta the storm yet but At least we will see our Libs this year.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 561
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I'm still feeling very similar about the draft as I have all season.

My first preference move up for Deshields.

If we stay at #10 the four players I've had my eye on from the beginning are Nared, Nurse, Canada and Billings.

My gut says Canada and Nurse are gone by #10 (and that Canada might be a little redundant in terms of what we already have but I still really like her and would take her, and might even start her from day 1 at PG, but we probably have greater needs.)

So Nared is still my realistic 1st choice, with Billings as my second choice. I think Nared has lost some shine this season because she is trying to do too much. I liked her game more last year playing as the number two option behind Deshields which is more of the kind of role she we have at the next level. I also think Nared can play both as a big 3 or a skilled/stretch 4 allowing for more flexible line ups.

I'd rather have more of a scorer, but Billings will add some physicality, speed, shot blocking and rebounding, as an athletic post, and I think the Liberty could use a little more of that.

Trying to keep my eye on Vivians, S. Thomas and Scaife, but they haven't leap-froged my choices above. Though Vivians may have leap-froged our draft position.


Agree with everything you said about Nared, she is doing to much and forcing a lot of shots. A lot more pressure when you the Leader of the team and you feel like gotta put your team on ya back. She will not have that situation in the W.

Billings to me is kinda like a Nayo in a sense that's why I'm not really high on her like others. If Raincock can work on her jumper she would be even more valuable to the team.


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4635
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I said in an earlier post when Nared was going well, she reminds me of Swin Cash. Jaime is long, rebounds, defends, handles a bit, and while not a great shooter she can score in a number of ways. Contrary to popular opinion, someone can still be a very good player without being a great shooter. You just have to be more selective with your shots. That's been the problem for Nared. This season, she's forcing up more shots than she should. Meanwhile, the more she misses the more she presses. Last year, Nared could just pick her spots. Jaime is good at playing the role of assassin. Ignore Jaime and she'll kill you -- especially in big spots. But if you make an effort to stop her, Nared is easily stopped. That said, not everyone is good even when under the radar. It still takes a special talent to maximize your opportunities. Using an old hockey example, I think of Clark Gillies who played on a line with Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy. Trottier and Bossy were genuinely great players. Gillies was along for the ride -- just a big garbage man who took advantage of scoring chances created by his linemates. But boy, did he cash-in on those opportunities! He wasn't just a garbage man, he was a great garbage man. Similarly, Nared looks like she can be a really good assassin.

Billings is a Nayo type physically and athletically. They are not the same player based on skill set and temperament. Billings blocks shots, Nayo doesn't. Billings is an active rebounder on both ends of the court, whereas Raincock is aggressive mostly on the offensive boards. Monique also has a bit of a midrange jump-shot. Nayo looks really shakey when she even attempts one. On the other hand, NRE is way better in the low post. Nayo also has a serene demeanor. She doesn't seem to get bothered by anything that happens on the court. Billings can get visibly frustrated. Both appear to have quick feet defending on the perimeter, which allows them to guard smaller players. However, Nayo has done it on the pro level which is obviously harder. She has also demonstrated the ability to play pro-style team defense, knowing when to switch and being in the right spot. That's something rookies normally struggle with. I do agree that Billings is probably my least favorite draft option. While they have differences, you still wouldn't want to put Nayo and Billings on the roster together because they're both smallish post players who can only play one position. Neither is big enough to function as a center at the WNBA level, and neither really has the offensive skills to play small forward except on an emergency basis.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2474
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
As I said in an earlier post when Nared was going well, she reminds me of Swin Cash. Jaime is long, rebounds, defends, handles a bit, and while not a great shooter she can score in a number of ways. Contrary to popular opinion, someone can still be a very good player without being a great shooter. You just have to be more selective with your shots. That's been the problem for Nared. This season, she's forcing up more shots than she should. Meanwhile, the more she misses the more she presses. Last year, Nared could just pick her spots. Jaime is good at playing the role of assassin. Ignore Jaime and she'll kill you -- especially in big spots. But if you make an effort to stop her, Nared is easily stopped. That said, not everyone is good even when under the radar. It still takes a special talent to maximize your opportunities. Using an old hockey example, I think of Clark Gillies who played on a line with Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy. Trottier and Bossy were genuinely great players. Gillies was along for the ride -- just a big garbage man who took advantage of scoring chances created by his linemates. But boy, did he cash-in on those opportunities! He wasn't just a garbage man, he was a great garbage man. Similarly, Nared looks like she can be a really good assassin.

Billings is a Nayo type physically and athletically. They are not the same player based on skill set and temperament. Billings blocks shots, Nayo doesn't. Billings is an active rebounder on both ends of the court, whereas Raincock is aggressive mostly on the offensive boards. Monique also has a bit of a midrange jump-shot. Nayo looks really shakey when she even attempts one. On the other hand, NRE is way better in the low post. Nayo also has a serene demeanor. She doesn't seem to get bothered by anything that happens on the court. Billings can get visibly frustrated. Both appear to have quick feet defending on the perimeter, which allows them to guard smaller players. However, Nayo has done it on the pro level which is obviously harder. She has also demonstrated the ability to play pro-style team defense, knowing when to switch and being in the right spot. That's something rookies normally struggle with. I do agree that Billings is probably my least favorite draft option. While they have differences, you still wouldn't want to put Nayo and Billings on the roster together because they're both smallish post players who can only play one position. Neither is big enough to function as a center at the WNBA level, and neither really has the offensive skills to play small forward except on an emergency basis.


Wow! Trottier, Bossy, and Gillies. Great to read their names. And remember those four consecutive Stanley Cups. Smile


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4846



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it seems pretty clear that Charles will be back so,

does anyone think Nayo might skip the season to focus on Team Canada?

On one hand she is a reserved player so there really isn't a rush to sign her, but on the other hand our other two reserved players signed (or were signed before) the first day NY announced signings.

I hope Nayo is on board, but if she isn't it solves the who will #10 replace on the roster issue (and probably increases the likelihood of drafting Billings or Nared).

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zelous/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B
Stokes/Vaughn

#10


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2474
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So it seems pretty clear that Charles will be back so,

does anyone think Nayo might skip the season to focus on Team Canada?

On one hand she is a reserved player so there really isn't a rush to sign her, but on the other hand our other two reserved players signed (or were signed before) the first day NY announced signings.

I hope Nayo is on board, but if she isn't it solves the who will #10 replace on the roster issue (and probably increases the likelihood of drafting Billings or Nared).

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zelous/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B
Stokes/Vaughn

#10


I really hope Nayo is back this season. I'd rather see her on the roster than Vaughn, Zahui B., or Rebecca Allen. For me, Raincock-Ekunwe's hustle and rebounding give the team a real spark off the bench.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24000



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zelous/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B
Stokes/Vaughn

This looks at best like a middle of the pack lineup to me. Charles is great of course but needs some help. I love Zellous but she's undersized for the SF and doesn't have an outside shot and is starting to age. Stokes and Vaughn are both kind of place holders. Prince and Rodgers both have shining moments followed by OMG moments. Hartley was better than I expected last year based on what she did (or didn't) in Washington but still not a top PG. Boyd coming back from injuries had lots of ??? before the injuries but now even more. I think I would try to move Sugar and one of Stokes/Vaughn for a more solid piece or a higher draft pick but not sure what/where they would find that piece.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8814



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty seem to have about the same players as last year when they won 22 games and the key ingredients are pretty much what they had the 2 prior seasons when they won 44 games. If nothing else, they will get a No. 10 draft pick as well to add to the mix. I can't see why they aren't a 20 game winner or better, this year as well. Have other teams improved that much?


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
The Liberty seem to have about the same players as last year when they won 22 games and the key ingredients are pretty much what they had the 2 prior seasons when they won 44 games. If nothing else, they will get a No. 10 draft pick as well to add to the mix. I can't see why they aren't a 20 game winner or better, this year as well. Have other teams improved that much?


Intangibles have changed though. New coach, maybe new schemes, and a new atmosphere that could sap players' energy.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 27 of 90

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin