RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 02/09/18 2:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This shows the tunnel that goes under the tracks. It comes out on Bronx Street and then

there is a path over to the Bronx River Pathway that goes up to the Westchester County Center and makes for a shorter route than the one that Google calculates as an 11 minute walk.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/09/18 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This shows the tunnel that goes under the tracks. It comes out on Bronx Street and then

And then...
Arrow

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HQmEkgzc9XY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe> Razz

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/09/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks so much, tfan, for all the research you've done and all that you've shared, including the photos. I'm very grateful.

It was mentioned earlier that this would be a half hour walk from the Metro North train station to the Westchester County Center. Based on what you are reporting, that doesn't seem accurate. It would be great to hear from anyone else who's actually done this walk: what route did you use and how long did it take? I ask because I may want to go to a few Liberty games up there, depending in part on how long the travel will take. Thanks in advance for any answers.

PostPosted: 02/09/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has any STH gotten in touch with their ticket rep re: the move to Westchester and any possible refunds?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/09/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib re-sign Hartley and Vaughn

PostPosted: 02/09/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty have also signed L. Allen and R. Allen. We'll basically be the same team as last year plus our #10 pick. How sad.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/09/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Liberty have also signed L. Allen and R. Allen. We'll basically be the same team as last year plus our #10 pick. How sad.

"Sad" is right on the mark. The same old roster is a predictable result of having a new head coach, no GM, and all the chaos above Katie Smith.

PostPosted: 02/09/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone else seems to have improved through free agency except New York and Minnesota. Liberty smell like a lottery team.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 02/09/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully the Lil Torches and the Timeless Torches can make the trek to Westchester. If not, they can always recruit from White Plans.
And those air guns they use to throw t-shirts may no longer be needed with such a small crowd.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:

And those air guns they use to throw t-shirts may no longer be needed with such a small crowd.

Just trade for Kelsey Plum. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if we'll still get games airing on MSG? Westchester Knicks have their home games televised.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
Hopefully the Lil Torches and the Timeless Torches can make the trek to Westchester. If not, they can always recruit from White Plans.

LOL. This could change the financial picture for selling the Liberty. Reduced expenses: no need for air guns in the budget. Smile

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder if we'll still get games airing on MSG? Westchester Knicks have their home games televised.

yeah that would be nice of them don't cha think? lol (sarcastically)

lol at Vaughn being resigned. lord have mercy.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've said this before, but now that things are becoming much clearer for the Liberty for 2018... I feel really sad for Katie Smith. She's given so much to women's basketball, she finally gets her first opportunity to be a head coach, and she is in the middle of this mess. We as Liberty fans deserve better than Westchester County Center and a virtually unchanged roster. But Katie Smith also deserves better.

PostPosted: 02/09/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope for women's basketball that the Liberty get new ownership for 2019 and they play either in Brooklyn, Nassau or even Newark.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/09/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I've been assuming that not only will they be televising the games on MSG, at some point during the season someone is going to boast about the increase in ratings.

(now with spelling variations)
toad455

PostPosted: 02/09/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I've been assuming that not only will they be televising the games on MSG, at some point during the season someone is going to boast about the increase in ratings.

And Borders will make a statement towards the end of the season that attendance is up despite the Liberty's attendance getting cut in half.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/09/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is going to be a challenge for her. I like Lisa, but sometimes I think she has a little Beverly Hall in her.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 02/09/18 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand Dolan has been threatening sell the Liberty for a while but doesn't when he has a chance to & has them playing in a location most fans will have a hard time getting to smh.The only good thing that came out of this is NY still has a team for now.

To add insult to injury the was a recent report that the Knick are making billions for Dolan so he can afford to lose money with his wnba team.

@Queenie Tell Charles Oakley you got his bail money ready lol

Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/18 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
To add insult to injury the was a recent report that the Knicks are making billions for Dolan so he can afford to lose money with his wnba team.

You must be talking capital gains.

Unless Dolan enjoys the product, a WNBA team is not the best return on investment to hold onto. Owners who don’t particularly enjoy the product are probably holding on and hoping for something to happen that makes WNBA more popular so the value of the teams increase. How’s that suddenly going to happen?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/18 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I still have hope for trades I don't think standing pat lands us in the lottery.

How much other teams really have improved is yet to be seen. TBH Only Dallas and Vegas are jumping off the page at me improvement-wise and we were much better, and slightly better than both those teams.

We even have some hope for improvement based on that good old internal growth.

Hartley was soo much better at the end of the season then at thee beginning. If she continues to develop she could actual be that solid #2 option.

Stokes, B. Allen and Zahui B all regressed, so they can all progress this year and that is an improvement.

Can Prince and Rodgers continue to be mediocre? Sure, but they can also improve.

L. Allen, could take a solid step forward.

And Boyd looked ready to break out this time last year, her return could make a difference.

Most of our really down on the team posts came after they finished third in the regular season, and then lost a one and done game for the second season in a row. We still have some decent pieces and a superstar we ain't toast yet. I can still see that one good trade happening down the line, closer to draft day.

Now if Charles takes the season off or demands a trade (which I can't believe she will do because of her charity and what looks like strong ties to the team) we're screwed. Does anyone follow her on social media, has she said anythin about what is happening with the team, or anything that would seem like a pre-cursor to sitting out or wanting a trade?

Also it did cross my mind with Nayo not on the, "Ok the shoes have dropped, bring back our free agents" list of signing from today, that she might miss the season and focus on team Canada, but I'm sure this is just an over reaction.

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Prince/Rodgers
Zellous/B. Allen
Charles/NRE/Zahui B.
Stokes/Vaughn

#10 coming to knock of one of the Allen's or Zahui B.

I still like all those players and have some hope. It could be a lot worse, let's hope it isn't

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/10/18 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You also have the flip-side of Seattle fans banking on Boucek-to-Hughes being a significant upgrade - how much could going from Laimbeer to someone who's never been a head coach before hurt? Well-respected assistants who've moved over to the main seat have, at a minimum, taken time to settle and work out what they're doing in recent years in the WNBA. Smith is taking over a team that's already well-acquainted with her, which should smooth the transition, but we don't really know what she's like as a head coach yet.

PostPosted: 02/10/18 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I am a little worried about that, but I am going to have faith.

I think Laimbeer will be a big plus for the Aces, but he was looking a little over it in NY last season.

Katie Smith gives me type A all the way, I doubt she will let herself fail.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/10/18 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Hartley was soo much better at the end of the season then at thee beginning. If she continues to develop she could actual be that solid #2 option.
L. Allen, could take a solid step forward.
And Boyd looked ready to break out this time last year, her return could make a difference.

Their guards might be their best trading chips. If Boyd is 100%, they could have her with Allen and Hartley backing her up. Hartley could also swing to the 2 and back up Prince and Rodgers. This combo means they could actually trade Prince or Rodgers. With Prince being close to Charles, though, I'd see Rodgers being more likely. Rodgers and Zahui B. to Lynx for Fegbenle and a pick or two?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/10/18 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe I'm right on the way this works. If not, please correct me.

Unless Tina Charles sits out the season--and since the Liberty's 22-12 regular season record in 2017 would count for half of the calculation for the next lottery--I don't see New York ending up as one of the four worst teams in the league in cumulative 2017-2018 records.

I don't see a great season ahead. But if we're going with 11 of the 12 players from 2017 plus a first-round draft choice, I don't see the Liberty doing so terribly that they'll end up in the next lottery.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 25 of 90

Jump to: