RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/24/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

genesis1272 wrote:
That's debatable. As someone who sits behind the Liberty bench and is in Delta Club- the food is most definitely NOT one of the best perks, and is frequently actually complained about! I'd honestly rather just have the old perk= $30 for cocktails, and just grab a hotdog from somewhere in the arena. As for the seat prices, I'll gladly pay more for my seat, if that's what it takes, so long as it means I still have my Liberty to root for and cheer on. They are my team do or die, and I'm all in here!

I'll defer to your judgement. I was in Delta Club for 4 visits and found the food good and varied. The free soda/water was pretty awesome. Talking to locals there, they were pretty happy with it and especially with taking a lot of the candy home with them.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/24/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ubiquiti Networks' owner Robert Pera is being rumored to be the new owner. Anyone else have info on this guy? Or any info if this is true?

I had someone message me about that last night. It seems to be only on Barcoff's page though. I looked at it (ugh) and right underneath was his statement that the Lynx might not want Natasha Howard that much because they didn't core her. A restricted free agent. So ymmv about what he knows.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/24/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ubiquiti Networks' owner Robert Pera is being rumored to be the new owner. Anyone else have info on this guy? Or any info if this is true?

Robert Pera · Net worth $3.50 billion USD (2016)

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/24/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOOt bring on those billions, sounds like someone who could spare a few bucks.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/956265883529367552

Quote:
I know there's a lot of chatter online about @nyliberty. My sources say no deal has been made to sell the team yet.

PostPosted: 01/24/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/956269715382468614

Quote:
Most of the people that usually provide good info about WNBA have not seemed to have much info on Liberty sale over past two months. It was supposedly down to three potential buyers two weeks ago, but nothing is confirmed yet about sale.

PostPosted: 01/24/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
@MechelleV
When I talked to Liberty coach Katie Smith at Tennessee-Mississippi State game Sunday, she said she's trying her best to go about business as usual while potential new owner and where team will play home games in 2018 remain unknown. She is concerned how this will impact fans.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/24/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming things are being finalized. Maybe an announcement by Feb. 2?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25

PostPosted: 01/24/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
@MechelleV
When I talked to Liberty coach Katie Smith at Tennessee-Mississippi State game Sunday, she said she's trying her best to go about business as usual while potential new owner and where team will play home games in 2018 remain unknown. She is concerned how this will impact fans.

Yup Concerned is a pretty good word to use right now lol I'm anxious as hell, I just want this thing to get over with

Also interesting coach Katie Smith was at this game, I wonder who she was scouting? Nared? Vivians?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Also interesting coach Katie Smith was at this game, I wonder who she was scouting? Nared? Vivians?

Those are a couple choices that could be available at #10.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 01/24/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
@MechelleV

I've been trying not to think about this too much but I see this and I want to freaking cry. Usually at this time we have a schedule and I'm already thinking about what the team will look like and when are the DC and CT games.

Now I'm wondering if I'll ever attend another WNBA game. It's pretty disheartening.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Robert Pera · Net worth $3.50 billion USD (2016)

He is fairly young --- he turns 40 in March --- and owns the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like Pera is as prone to meddling as Dolan, and Citron Research -- a short seller -- has accused his company of fraud. His partners with the Grizzlies want to get rid of him: buy us out or let us buy you out.

My big concern is how this affects free agents. Would you want to sign with a team surrounded by such uncertainty? And as far as I know, Katie hasn't hired any assistants either.

This assumes that someone is actually making personnel decisions for the Liberty.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well somebody managed to core Charles and send qualifying offers to the likes of Allen, Allen, Raincock-Ekunwe and Hartley. So it's not complete anarchy. But I would agree that it can't make free agency moves easy. Even if the general impression around the league is that the team will exist and one way or another they'll be playing in New York, going into any negotiation having to convince a free agent of all that is an awkward complication. They'd have no idea whether they're signing up to play in MSG and live in the middle of Manhattan, or to play on a temporary floor in a random Staten Island warehouse and live somewhere in Jersey. The uncertainty makes it feel like they'll probably only get free agents with no other offers (or by wildly overpaying).

It's why I thought they might push the free agency schedule if this stuff wasn't sorted out in time. Maybe they thought it was going to be, which is why nothing got moved, but ultimately the Libs have been left in a difficult situation.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Free agency is generally pretty low impact in the W anyway, and this year looks to be no exception. Last year's finals featured one starter who was signed as a free agent.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/956591041716645890

Quote:
the @WWE is really pushing their women's division and the @nyliberty are for sale. And @VinceMcMahon has announcement today.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does the #nothappening in his tweet mean? Should it be taken literally, or is it that he thinks this would be terrible? If WWE buys the Liberty their first move would probably be to bring Planette Pierson back...

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
What does the #nothappening in his tweet mean? Should it be taken literally, or is it that he thinks this would be terrible? If WWE buys the Liberty their first move would probably be to bring Planette Pierson back...

Pilight and Feinberg are trying to generate fake news. He's bringing XFL back.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/25/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Doug was kidding, but the NBA really wouldn't want to get into bed with McMahon and the WWE anyway. After the Donaghy scandal and their continuing semi-awkward relationship with gambling, they wouldn't want the head of 'sports entertainment' owning one of their franchises. Too much potential for jokes/comments/whispers/etc about prearranged results.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I know Doug was kidding, but the NBA really wouldn't want to get into bed with McMahon and the WWE anyway. After the Donaghy scandal and their continuing semi-awkward relationship with gambling, they wouldn't want the head of 'sports entertainment' owning one of their franchises. Too much potential for jokes/comments/whispers/etc about prearranged results.

Not to mention the fact that Vince McMahon is friends with Donald Trump. Vince's wife Linda was appointed by Trump to head the Small Business Administration.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

On the other hand, it would be the big break Linda Miles has been waiting half her life for.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

On the other hand, it would be the big break Linda Miles has been waiting half her life for.

As long as he doesnt order good games replayed to avoid upstaging the Knicks (Actually Happened in WWE)

Or hire a GM who chooses talent based on how hard their bra catalogue makes them on the toilet (Happened TWICE...that we know)

We're good

Sorry some of the lowlights of the Diva era are unforgivable and the whole thought this whole sudden interest is simply to Lure in Ronda Rousey and Appease Ric Flair (His daughter rules the roost)

Yeah I wasnt as pleased with Feinberg's troll tweet as others...but namely more on WWE's checkered past with women not Feinberg.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm old school. Wrestling is Bruno Sammartino, Andre The Giant, and Bobo Brazil.

PostPosted: 01/25/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I'm old school. Wrestling is Bruno Sammartino, Andre The Giant, and Bobo Brazil.

Old is gold friend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/26/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Argentina Rocca...Gorgeous George...Killer Kowalsi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 17 of 90

Jump to: