Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What kind of shots tho....

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
So I was on a plane with some Wings players this morning and got to chat it up with Theresa Plaisance. Some great convo. She mentioned that the Liberty will probably move to Brooklyn next year.

How would Plaisance know this?

I dont know. I didn't ask her. But I'm sure she probably heard it from other players.

When will Liberty fans start the 2019 thread?

I think with all the uncertainty Liberty fans aren't to pumped to start the 19 thread yet and honestly we'll probably ht 40 some pages again but the first 10 pages or so will be before we know anything so we'll be debating wishful thinking concepts. Most of which we've been discussing for the past month anyway because the present was sad so we all jumped to the future to stay excited about the team.

With that said the Brooklyn news is exciting, my guess is it was probably talked about when Dallas played NY last week and so maybe there is some hope and no one is going to jump ship just yet.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
So I was on a plane with some Wings players this morning and got to chat it up with Theresa Plaisance. Some great convo. She mentioned that the Liberty will probably move to Brooklyn next year.

I dont know. I didn't ask her. But I'm sure she probably heard it from other players.

I think with all the uncertainty Liberty fans aren't to pumped to start the 19 thread yet and honestly we'll probably ht 40 some pages again but the first 10 pages or so will be before we know anything so we'll be debating wishful thinking concepts. Most of which we've been discussing for the past month anyway because the present was sad so we all jumped to the future to stay excited about the team.

With that said the Brooklyn news is exciting, my guess is it was probably talked about when Dallas played NY last week and so maybe there is some hope and no one is going to jump ship just yet.

We have not played NY since 7/19 when liz broke the record. We havent played IN new york since 7/8 .....Quite a long time to sit on info.

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

Crap I think I confused Dallas with LV.

Well that is even better, maybe the grumblings have been around for a while.

We have not played NY since 7/19 when liz broke the record. We havent played IN new york since 7/8 .....Quite a long time to sit on info.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

Exactly.

She was probably just voicing a casual opinion, or repeating someone else's guess, while shooting the shot with a stranger.

Very well could be true. Although I didn't even bring New York up. I was talking to her about the CB and asked her what she thinks is going to happen. We gabbed about Allie Quigley cause I played tennis at DePaul when she played basketball. They all love her. I didn't know Theresa was being recruited at DePaul and she even took a visit. Also talked about her LSU days. She still lives in New Orleans.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

crap I think I confused Dallas with LV

Good news maybe the grumbling have been around for a month or so

or Plaisance heard it through another source more recently

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

crap I think I confused Dallas with LV

Good news maybe the grumbling have been around for a month or so

or Plaisance heard it through another source more recently

My guess is the players talk quite a bit to each other.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be wonderful if somehow the Liberty played all their 2019 home games, or many of them, at the Barclay Center. But I'll be skeptical till we have a report from a source who is clearly part of the decisionmaking process.

Here are my wishes for 2019. I know many of them are unlikely to come true.

Hideous Lord Jimmy gone. (And I'd love him to be gone from the Knicks as well.)

Sexual harasser Isiah gone not only from the Liberty but from anywhere within 20 miles of women's basketball.

An experienced GM clearly in control of player personnel decisions.

A new and experienced coach.

Tina Charles, Shavonte Zellous, Kia Nurse, Kiah Stokes, Brittany Boyd, and Amanda Zahui B. on the team. (I'm guessing Zellous will head elsewhere, but I hope not.)

I'm iffy about Bria Hartley.

Epiphanny Prince, Sugar Rodgers, Kia Vaughn, Marissa Coleman, and Rebecca Allen gone.

PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Plaisance won Lotto and she's buying the team.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90
Page 90 of 90

Jump to: