RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Curt Miller named COY & EOY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/10/17 12:50 pm    ::: Curt Miller named COY & EOY Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut’s Curt Miller Named WNBA Coach Of The Year

Quote:
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller, who guided the team to its first playoff berth in five years, has been named the 2017 WNBA Coach of the Year, the WNBA announced today. He follows Mike Thibault (2006, 2008) as the second Connecticut coach to earn the honor.

Miller received 36 votes from a national panel of 40 sportswriters and broadcasters. Cheryl Reeve of the Minnesota Lynx finished second with two votes, while Brian Agler of the Los Angeles Sparks and Bill Laimbeer of the New York Liberty tied for third with one vote each.

Connecticut’s Curt Miller Named Inaugural WNBA Basketball Executive Of The Year

Quote:
Connecticut Sun General Manager Curt Miller has been named the 2017 WNBA Basketball Executive of the Year, the WNBA announced today. Miller, who also serves as the Sun’s head coach, is the inaugural recipient of the award.

Miller totaled 40 points and received six of 12 first-place votes from a panel composed of one basketball executive from each WNBA team. Washington Mystics General Manager and Head Coach Mike Thibault finished second with 24 points (three first-place votes), and Dallas Wings President and CEO Greg Bibb was third with 18 points (two first-place votes).

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/10/17 12:53 pm    ::: Re: Curt Miller named COY & EOY Reply Reply with quote

Unsurprising and well deserved.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 09/10/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What will Miller do regarding Chiney? Does he keep her as the team has some good chemistry going on, or does he trade to get a different piece to tighten up the rotation.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/10/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm fine with Miller winning both. I am Mysticsfied as to what Thibault did to deserve second, or any votes. All he did was get two players that wanted to come to DC anyway. Signing Thomas was his other big achievement.

Question

sigur3

PostPosted: 09/10/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

STOCKS WAS ROBBED

Randy

PostPosted: 09/10/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What by Thibault, or by the voters? Cooper was robbed. Picking Sykes at 7 and landing a 2RP, Young and Boyette for Hooper (oh and another odd numbered draft pick).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/10/17 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I'm fine with Miller winning both. I am Mysticsfied as to what Thibault did to deserve second, or any votes. All he did was get two players that wanted to come to DC anyway. Signing Thomas was his other big achievement.

Question

As opposed to Miller? The Coach of the Year award makes sense; the Executive of the Year award is a complete nonsense. This year he added, uh, Brionna Jones? Danielle Adams? Kayla Pedersen? The Little/Kizer trade? It's an award for stuff he did in previous years and for things his coaching has achieved. Which is pretty dumb, in the first year of the freaking award.

PostPosted: 09/10/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes - come to think of it you are right. Plus, voting for him is a slap in the face of basement dwelling WNBA fans everywhere.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/10/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

:?:

As opposed to Miller? The Coach of the Year award makes sense; the Executive of the Year award is a complete nonsense. This year he added, uh, Brionna Jones? Danielle Adams? Kayla Pedersen? The Little/Kizer trade? It's an award for stuff he did in previous years and for things his coaching has achieved. Which is pretty dumb, in the first year of the freaking award.

I mean, he did get a pretty high second-round pick for Jordan Hooper; that ain't hay.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Randy

PostPosted: 09/10/17 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was another screw job. Sun were lower in the waiver position than Dream so he grabbed her, then held her for ransom until we coughed up a 2RP.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/10/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
That was another screw job. Sun were lower in the waiver position than Dream so he grabbed her, then held her for ransom until we coughed up a 2RP.

Cooper must have thought Hooper was a post player. That's what he needed.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/10/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I'm not seeing what part of that statement is a negative?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: