Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/24/17 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Quote:
"

Bird really drinking the Hughes kool-aid.

Do you seriously think she would ever say anything negative about the new coach, no matter who it was?

No, I wasn't expecting her to be negative. It was clear to me from the previous article she wasn't feeling Klop and wanted to go a different direction. I'm just pointing how effusive she was being. I have a feeling she had a lot of input into this hire.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
merlina wrote:
Quote:
"

Do you seriously think she would ever say anything negative about the new coach, no matter who it was?

No, I wasn't expecting her to be negative. It was clear to me from the previous article she wasn't feeling Klop and wanted to go a different direction. I'm just pointing how effusive she was being. I have a feeling she had a lot of input into this hire.

I think it just shows that she's a good teammate, committed to the organization and trying to make things work for the best. I wouldn't read a lot more than that into it.

PostPosted: 10/25/17 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
merlina wrote:
Quote:
"

I think it just shows that she's a good teammate, committed to the organization and trying to make things work for the best. I wouldn't read a lot more than that into it.

But but thats no fun Laughing That describes how she has always been so why believe otherwise now Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/17 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA pine cause of Perth Lynx star Sami Whitcomb’s slow start

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/wnba-pine-cause-of-perth-lynx-star-sami-whitcombs-slow-start-ng-b88639020z

Quote:
Perth Lynx co-captain Sami Whitcomb admits achieving her WNBA dream has had a negative impact on her form to start the season

Quote:
The 29-year-old has started the WNBL season slowly.

Her points-per-game average has fallen from 24 last year to only 14 in the first five games and Whitcomb said the lack of match practice in America had posed significant challenges.

Looking for an excuse, but not sure how legit it is. The level of play and practices is much higher in the WNBA. Is she saying she's out of shape? It's up to her to stay in shape outside the court. It kinda reminds me of Cambage blaming American food for her getting out of shape her rookie year. Food is food. Learn about which foods are healthy and adjust your habits.

Other low minute WNBA players, like Chong and AJones (and I'm sure there are many more), are doing well out of the overseas gate.

Quote:
“People think ‘oh, she’s been in the WNBA – she’s going to be amazing’. I’ve been sitting for a lot of it. We don’t train a lot in the WNBA because there’s more travel and more rest because people are older.

Oh oh... oh no she did-int. She's 29. Isn't that a little older than the average WNBA player? Throwing shade at Bird? Razz I consider the Storm young for the most part.

Quote:
“As someone who doesn’t play with the team as much, you don’t get as many reps in training.

“It’s been an adjustment and I’ve done a lot on my own to feel good again.”

Quote:
She said training hard had always been the key to her game.

“If I’m not in the gym every day, I feel like crap,” Whitcomb said.

Then get into the gym.

Quote:
“If I don’t train, I don’t feel confident. I need to touch the ball every day and get some shots up. It’s part of who I’ve always been. I’d love to be the player who could not touch the ball for a week and still feel good about myself.”

Just do it!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/26/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What kind of match practice would she otherwise have over the summer anyways?

Luuuc

PostPosted: 10/26/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
What kind of match practice would she otherwise have over the summer anyways?

There's a state league here that runs during our winter/your summer that she plays in. She was set to participate in that again until the training camp invite came through.

PostPosted: 10/27/17 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

22 points, 12 boards & 7 assists tonight for Sami. I think the last of those WNBA bench splinters are gone now Smile

(Non-Storm side note - I barely recognised Courtney Williams with all her hair gone Shocked )

PostPosted: 10/27/17 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:
“People think ‘oh, she’s been in the WNBA – she’s going to be amazing’. I’ve been sitting for a lot of it. We don’t train a lot in the WNBA because there’s more travel and more rest because people are older.

Oh oh... oh no she did-int. She's 29. Isn't that a little older than the average WNBA player? Throwing shade at Bird? Razz I consider the Storm young for the most part.

They really don't practice all that much compared to overseas teams. The longer season length overseas means many leagues spread out more games and so can practice more in between. Some coaches also insist on more practices. The Storm had even stopped mandatory shootarounds on game days.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/28/17 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
22 points, 12 boards & 7 assists tonight for Sami. I think the last of those WNBA bench splinters are gone now Smile

(Non-Storm side note - I barely recognised Courtney Williams with all her hair gone Shocked )

Picture?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: