RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Even if SEA’s love of KML is confusing, the additions of Howard, Paris, and Canada make them a better team right away... plus an arguably better game time coach. Who is leap-frogging SEA except MAYBE Atlanta?


Dream and Storm may well be fighting it out for the last playoff spot.


I think there’s plenty of room for a usually decent team to be really bad this year if certain things don’t go right. Just not sure which one.


DC seems like a possibility. Already they are short handed, if an injury or two happens they could certainly be in trouble. Some think they are a lottery candidate anyway.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle should definitely sign Russell if she's available.


hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2268



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle should definitely sign Russell if she's available.


I agree. I think Washington should give her a look as well.



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
scrappy



Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1752



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Shades wrote:
Muldrow, Whitcomb, and longtime favorite Quinn made the cut.


I personally think that Quinn and KML are wasted spots on the roster. I cringe every time Quinn comes into the game. The flow just stops. I hope they drop her to pick somebody up off of waivers.

-Lisa


should have kept mcphee. cheaper and have unknown potential. where quinn is a dead weight on salary cap, a drag on the game flow, plus painful to watch.



_________________
She's blonde, she can block. She is 6 foot five, she can deny. Though she is tall, she definitely can score. ya'al think she is quite nice, but on the court she can put up a fight.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Seattle should definitely sign Russell if she's available.


I agree. I think Washington should give her a look as well.


The fact she dropped so far in the draft is an indicator of what GMs saw. The fact the NY dropped her when they really need another post, especially in the short run, is another indicator.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Seattle should definitely sign Russell if she's available.


I agree. I think Washington should give her a look as well.


The fact she dropped so far in the draft is an indicator of what GMs saw. The fact the NY dropped her when they really need another post, especially in the short run, is another indicator.


You could also make the case that most teams had no need for another center...and a team like Seattle, who could use some size,did not have a 2nd round pick to select Russell.How many teams really needed another center?

Minn-No
LA-No
Phoenix-No
Atlanta-No
Chicago-No
Dallas-No
LV-No
Wash-Maybe
Conn-Has a 2nd-year post(B.Jones) too early to give up on her.
Indiana-Selected a post in the 2nd round(Mavunga)
NY-Needs a post...was Coach Smith more impressed with Zahui b than MR during training camp?
Seattle-Needs a post...Did not have a 2nd rd pick.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/18/18 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Seattle should definitely sign Russell if she's available.


I agree. I think Washington should give her a look as well.


The fact she dropped so far in the draft is an indicator of what GMs saw. The fact the NY dropped her when they really need another post, especially in the short run, is another indicator.


You could also make the case that most teams had no need for another center...and a team like Seattle, who could use some size,did not have a 2nd round pick to select Russell.How many teams really needed another center?

Minn-No
LA-No
Phoenix-No
Atlanta-No
Chicago-No
Dallas-No
LV-No
Wash-Maybe
Conn-Has a 2nd-year post(B.Jones) too early to give up on her.
Indiana-Selected a post in the 2nd round(Mavunga)
NY-Needs a post...was Coach Smith more impressed with Zahui b than MR during training camp?
Seattle-Needs a post...Did not have a 2nd rd pick.


And do we really need Muldrow? I dont know her game but i would be shocked if she ever sees the floor because i dont expect any blowout wins from the Storm either and less garbage minutes then last season



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/18/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

And do we really need Muldrow? I dont know her game but i would be shocked if she ever sees the floor because i dont expect any blowout wins from the Storm either and less garbage minutes then last season


Yeah, Russell makes more sense than Muldrow.But let's give it a couple of days....LV,Indiana,and Chicago will get first dibs on MR.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/18/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muldrow has at least always given max effort. Russell has not. I don't know how coachable Russell is but Muldrow's coach said that she was the easiest player to coach he had ever had - no nonsense and she played just about every position on the floor depending on what he needed without ever a complaint. She has a nice outside game and can post up if needed. Shes tough and she plays defense. She's one of those young players with great upside that you'd like to develop. In some ways, she's a bigger version of Clark with a better handle. (but Clark has the experience and smarts from playing in the league for so long). And she brings much more to the floor than KML.

That said, Seattle does need height. In watching Russell this year at UT, I rarely saw someone who looked like a W player. She's thicker than Hamson for instance but just as slow and couldn't defend the pick and roll. I doubt if she would see the floor any more than Muldrow unless they needed someone to pick up a few quick fouls. JMO.


craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/20/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How long until Canada starts?


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/20/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
How long until Canada starts?


Instead of Bird or Loyd Laughing Laughing



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
How long until Canada starts?


Instead of Bird or Loyd Laughing Laughing


Bird.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 5:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
How long until Canada starts?


Instead of Bird or Loyd Laughing Laughing


Bird.


Laughing Not going to happen this season if Bird stays healthy.

First game:
Bird 10 pts, 5 assists, 1 turnover
Canada 9 pts, 1 assist, 3 turnovers (4 steals)

She is a rookie. She played only 1 game. I really like her game and i like that Dan trusts her to actually play minutes at the point even with Bird on the floor. But her starting over Bird is just funny



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was interesting that at the end of the 5/20 game it was Canada, Loyd, Bird, Howard and Stewart. I guess Hughes has frequently gone with 3 guards, but doesn't seem like the scheme you would want as it makes the team small at the 3, 4 and 5 positions.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It was interesting that at the end of the 5/20 game it was Canada, Loyd, Bird, Howard and Stewart. I guess Hughes has frequently gone with 3 guards, but doesn't seem like the scheme you would want as it makes the team small at the 3, 4 and 5 positions.


I think this will be there most competitive line up . If Howard and lloyd can develop some consistency .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20694
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It was interesting that at the end of the 5/20 game it was Canada, Loyd, Bird, Howard and Stewart. I guess Hughes has frequently gone with 3 guards, but doesn't seem like the scheme you would want as it makes the team small at the 3, 4 and 5 positions.

Hughes was going offense/defense a lot down the stretch. Bird sat when he could get her out for defensive possessions (getting Clark in for the perimeter, and sometimes Paris to bang inside); and then it was that Bird/Canada/Loyd/Howard/Stewart lineup for offense. At least it suggests that he knows what he's trying to do. Also indicates a lot of trust in a rookie to play defense - and/or an acknowledgement that Bird's D is awful.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
But her starting over Bird is just funny


I'm not joking.

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches." At the very least, I think as the season progresses we will see more minutes going to Loyd and Canada at the guard spots.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling that Canada passes the eye test in a way that no other rookie point guard we've drafted has since Sue. Obviously the fact that she's in the game at crunch time suggests that the team sees this too. The big catch-up happened while Canada was on the floor.

The future of this team is going to be built around Loyd, Stewart, and now maybe Canada. We have our Sue Bird successor (notice I'm not saying replacement.) What are we waiting for?


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2106



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it's lloyd I am not digging on this team but there seems to be a disconnect somewhere.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s early but this time it does seem that finding Bird’s successor feels a little more real. If the trend continues, maybe by mid-season some sort of transition could be in order?

I wonder how Bird REALLY feels about all this. There’s a side of her that wants to go on forever and not think about the end. I do believe she wants to go to the 2020 Olympics. But isn’t there also a side that realizes that maybe this is finally it? Can you go to the Olympics as a backup on your own WNBA team? Maybe now she’ll see it’s time to let the younger generation take over?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
But her starting over Bird is just funny


I'm not joking.

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches." At the very least, I think as the season progresses we will see more minutes going to Loyd and Canada at the guard spots.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling that Canada passes the eye test in a way that no other rookie point guard we've drafted has since Sue. Obviously the fact that she's in the game at crunch time suggests that the team sees this too. The big catch-up happened while Canada was on the floor.

The future of this team is going to be built around Loyd, Stewart, and now maybe Canada. We have our Sue Bird successor (notice I'm not saying replacement.) What are we waiting for?



+1



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
But her starting over Bird is just funny


I'm not joking.

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches." At the very least, I think as the season progresses we will see more minutes going to Loyd and Canada at the guard spots.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling that Canada passes the eye test in a way that no other rookie point guard we've drafted has since Sue. Obviously the fact that she's in the game at crunch time suggests that the team sees this too. The big catch-up happened while Canada was on the floor.

The future of this team is going to be built around Loyd, Stewart, and now maybe Canada. We have our Sue Bird successor (notice I'm not saying replacement.) What are we waiting for?


Because you want her to set the tone and get everyone on track to start the game. Get Stewart going, get Loyd going. Then sub her after 4-5 minutes and bring in Canada as your first sub of the bench probably with Howard. You can limit her minutes exactly like Dan did last night.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
But her starting over Bird is just funny

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches."

Because you want her to set the tone and get everyone on track to start the game. Get Stewart going, get Loyd going. Then sub her after 4-5 minutes and bring in Canada as your first sub of the bench probably with Howard. You can limit her minutes exactly like Dan did last night.


Also, if you're going to limit a player's minutes to minimise fatigue, then having them start on the bench is a bit pointless. No one is fatigued at the start of a game, so it makes little sense to rest them at that point.
Let's say you're going to rest a player for 3 minutes per quarter. Surely it's better for those 3 minutes to be in the middle of the quarter than at the start (or end) of it.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
But her starting over Bird is just funny

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches."

Because you want her to set the tone and get everyone on track to start the game. Get Stewart going, get Loyd going. Then sub her after 4-5 minutes and bring in Canada as your first sub of the bench probably with Howard. You can limit her minutes exactly like Dan did last night.


Also, if you're going to limit a player's minutes to minimise fatigue, then having them start on the bench is a bit pointless. No one is fatigued at the start of a game, so it makes little sense to rest them at that point.
Let's say you're going to rest a player for 3 minutes per quarter. Surely it's better for those 3 minutes to be in the middle of the quarter than at the start (or end) of it.


Okay. I just think that the time when the best lineup Seattle could put on the floor includes Canada is coming sooner than people might think.

I don't know if Stewart and Loyd need Bird to 'get them going.' Some speed on defense and easy buckets off steals and on the break get them going.

Bird, Jackson, Loyd, and Stewart didn't have to wait on the bench. Their development started immediately. I'm not saying Canada is a No. 1, but she's good enough to play right now. Let's get her going. I can't wait to see what our 3 young stars can do when they're turned loose.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My point was purely regarding fatigue.
Bottom line though - it's a good problem for Seattle to have, not a bad one. Whatever combo they choose, there is talent on the floor in the guard positions. Canada has hit the ground running and is looking good so far.
Elsewhere on the floor things aren't looking so great. That's probably where Dan needs to be focussing his attention.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
My point was purely regarding fatigue.
Bottom line though - it's a good problem for Seattle to have, not a bad one. Whatever combo they choose, there is talent on the floor in the guard positions. Canada has hit the ground running and is looking good so far.
Elsewhere on the floor things aren't looking so great. That's probably where Dan needs to be focussing his attention.


Agreed. It's a nice 3-guard rotation any way you slice it (even though I might quibble about how the minutes are distributed.)

The Storm are weak at the 5, but Phoenix is a buzzsaw in there with Griner and Lyttle. They are going to be a huge problem for the league.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/18 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
My point was purely regarding fatigue.
Bottom line though - it's a good problem for Seattle to have, not a bad one. Whatever combo they choose, there is talent on the floor in the guard positions. Canada has hit the ground running and is looking good so far.
Elsewhere on the floor things aren't looking so great. That's probably where Dan needs to be focussing his attention.


Yeah its a good problem to have. Canada is looking better then K Mitchell so far. All rookie team is certainly on the cards if she keeps playing like this.

Also she played 20 minutes in her first real game. I think that is a good number for a first game and if she keeps playing like this she will get only more.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/18 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Also she played 20 minutes in her first real game. I think that is a good number for a first game and if she keeps playing like this she will get only more.


More than 20 minutes can be considered starter territory. Sounds like Michelle is warming up pretty quickly to the idea of Canada starting.

Less than 24 hours ago:
Quote:
She is a rookie. She played only 1 game. I really like her game and i like that Dan trusts her to actually play minutes at the point even with Bird on the floor. But her starting over Bird is just funny


Michelle just has to go through the 5 stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

1. Thought of Bird not starting is funny.
2. Anyone suggesting Canada starts sooner than later will get clap back.
3. Open to more minutes for Canada.
4. Sad at the thought of Bird no longer being the starter.
5. What are you guys talking about? It’s obvious Canada is our starter.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Also she played 20 minutes in her first real game. I think that is a good number for a first game and if she keeps playing like this she will get only more.


More than 20 minutes can be considered starter territory. Sounds like Michelle is warming up pretty quickly to the idea of Canada starting.

Less than 24 hours ago:
Quote:
She is a rookie. She played only 1 game. I really like her game and i like that Dan trusts her to actually play minutes at the point even with Bird on the floor. But her starting over Bird is just funny


Michelle just has to go through the 5 stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

1. Thought of Bird not starting is funny.
2. Anyone suggesting Canada starts sooner than later will get clap back.
3. Open to more minutes for Canada.
4. Sad at the thought of Bird no longer being the starter.
5. What are you guys talking about? It’s obvious Canada is our starter.



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes, I wasn't trying to troll anyone personally.

It is an interesting discussion though. Let's see how it plays out.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Also she played 20 minutes in her first real game. I think that is a good number for a first game and if she keeps playing like this she will get only more.


More than 20 minutes can be considered starter territory. Sounds like Michelle is warming up pretty quickly to the idea of Canada starting.

Less than 24 hours ago:
Quote:
She is a rookie. She played only 1 game. I really like her game and i like that Dan trusts her to actually play minutes at the point even with Bird on the floor. But her starting over Bird is just funny


Michelle just has to go through the 5 stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

1. Thought of Bird not starting is funny.
2. Anyone suggesting Canada starts sooner than later will get clap back.
3. Open to more minutes for Canada.
4. Sad at the thought of Bird no longer being the starter.
5. What are you guys talking about? It’s obvious Canada is our starter.


Your so funny Rolling Eyes Canada played 20 minutes. If you have watched the game closely then you would have noticed that Dan played her WITH Bird aswell and let her handle the ball while Bird played off the ball because unlike the Lynx guards she is actually a good 3pointshooter..

Tbh it worked pretty good BUT against big line-ups that will be tougher.
Loyd played 29 minutes in this game. If Loyd struggles in games then i wouldnt mind that some of her minutes go to Canada. Keeping Birds minutes at around 25-27 is fine by me.

Quote:
Yikes, I wasn't trying to troll anyone personally.


Dont worry. You are not trolling anyone. That's Shades thing. Probably still butthurt about the latest Gray buzzerbeater..



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17159
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:51 am    ::: Must-See WNBA Lineups (2018) Reply Reply with quote

Drop Off: six must-see WNBA lineups in 2018
By Ben Dull

Quote:
Seattle: Breanna Stewart, Natasha Howard, Jewell Loyd, Sue Bird, Jordin Canada

Why this group is dangerous: We already saw it log some time in the preseason and in their opener against the Mercury. Loyd and Howard had some great sequences in the pick and roll together. There are no hiding places against that five when Howard is rolling hard to the rim.


https://highposthoops.com/2018/05/22/drop-off-must-see-lineups-wnba-2018/


so-many-pickles



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 35



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.


Shocked Shocked Shocked

Couldn't they just have drafted Russell instead ? A little hometown cooking ? well Regional cooking !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20694
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.


Shocked Shocked Shocked

Couldn't they just have drafted Russell instead ? A little hometown cooking ? well Regional cooking !

Given that their only pick before she was taken was #5, no, not without being ridiculous.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
so-many-pickles



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 35



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They didn't have a second round pick.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

still think Hamblin is better than Russell and she's regional as well.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what i think Seattle needs out of the fifth post Center I probably would have gone with Hamson first, Hamblin second, Russell third, but to be fair Russell has the highest ceiling of the three so f Hughes is looking now and the future Russell might be worth a shot.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
For what i think Seattle needs out of the fifth post Center I probably would have gone with Hamson first, Hamblin second, Russell third, but to be fair Russell has the highest ceiling of the three so f Hughes is looking now and the future Russell might be worth a shot.


Agreed



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.


Dano is firing on all cylinders. I wonder if a Langhorne trade could be in the works.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.


Dano is firing on all cylinders. I wonder if a Langhorne trade could be in the works.


She's likely out a few weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if her Storm playing days are done. Storm should have waived Quinn instead.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.


Dano is firing on all cylinders. I wonder if a Langhorne trade could be in the works.


She's likely out a few weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if her Storm playing days are done. Storm should have waived Quinn instead.


Nope, she’s listed as questionable for the next game.

Quinn is an experienced multi-positional utility player. She has some value.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uy0hpNsVGeM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>


craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about some action in the Storm thread? We're only leading the league.

Do you think we can hold on to the top seed? Who scares you in the playoffs?

We have 8 games left. I think we'll end up 24-10 or 23-11. That should be good enough for the 1 or 2 seed. Will Atlanta continue on their tear?

Minnesota is the only team that really scares me. Let's see how we handle them at home. I don't think we have an answer for Big Syl.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1546



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Seattle holds on to 1 seed but I don't trust them in a playoff series. Minnesota or LA can beat them.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
sithinfiltrator



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 159
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that we can hold onto the #1 seed. Minnesota and the Sparks don't scare me. Neither does the Mercury. My #1 scare is the Dream and second is the Wings.

I like the Storm's chances in a series since they really haven't had off nights two games in a row. So in a series, I think they are built to overcome off nights.

The biggest key for the Storm is having stamina at the end of the season, because when they are at their best, they are running hard and fast all game long.



_________________
Lisa Stevens
Storm STH
eclair



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 3913



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/18 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You all still here? Very Happy



_________________
Put a Bird on it.
so-many-pickles



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 35



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/18 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
I think that we can hold onto the #1 seed. Minnesota and the Sparks don't scare me. Neither does the Mercury. My #1 scare is the Dream and second is the Wings.

I like the Storm's chances in a series since they really haven't had off nights two games in a row. So in a series, I think they are built to overcome off nights.

The biggest key for the Storm is having stamina at the end of the season, because when they are at their best, they are running hard and fast all game long.


Agree 100%.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/18 3:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who i dont want the Storm to face in a series because the type of matchup:

1. Dream and Dallas
2. Lynx

Then everybody else

3. Sparks
4. Mercury
5. Mystics
6. Sun



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/18 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I would say be careful who you disrespect and when, because a few weeks ago Phoenix would have been looking down from the top of the standings thinking "Atlanta? Pfft ... nah why would we be worried about them?"

At this point of the season having wins in the bank is great to maximise your playoff position, but a team's form and health in July isn't what is going to win them a title. And I'm glad to see some people still keeping an eye on the Lynx because as crappy as they've looked at times, I think you still don't want to be facing those vets when the playoffs roll around.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/18 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

At this point of the season having wins in the bank is great to maximise your playoff position, but a team's form and health in July isn't what is going to win them a title. And I'm glad to see some people still keeping an eye on the Lynx because as crappy as they've looked at times, I think you still don't want to be facing those vets when the playoffs roll around.


Agreed. As crappy as the old crones have played they are now in 3rd place and are one game out of 2nd. With LA and Phoenix struggling lately the Lynx are a playoff nightmare for any team.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin