RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Tokashiki to skip the 2018 season.


Awe i was a fan of TOK. Love playing with her in NBA Live , she has the tools to be good in this league for a long time. Guses KML will be depended on for production more consistently and i dont see this happening Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6446
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rq2gkYSkfHY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16406



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like a quick, agile PF capable of hitting 3s. Might have been brought in to replace Tokashiki this season.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14878
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Re-signed Nolle Quinn as well: http://storm.wnba.com/news/noelle-quinn-re-signs-seattle-storm/

Honestly, the way she's played the last couple of years, and the way she's been regressing rather than developing, Tokashiki is no great loss. Depending on how many people they bring in, I'm not sure she'd have made it through camp anyway.


I dont mind the re-signing of Quinn. She is a great teammate and brings versatility defensively (1-3) while able to bring up the ball. You have to put the right offensive weapons around her because offensively she will not bring much besides distributing the ball.

Tokashiki skipping this season is good for her and the team. She was pretty bad offensively and defensively last season. Pretty much a liability on the floor tbh. There wouldnt be much minutes for her anyway with Stewart, Langhorne and Paris taking most of the minutes at the 4 and 5.

I dont know Crvendakic. Richyy do you know anything about her?



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Seems like a quick, agile PF capable of hitting 3s. Might have been brought in to replace Tokashiki this season.


Exactly my thoughts.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47844



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:


I dont know Crvendakic.


She gets happy feet before she dribbles but never got called for traveling in that clip.

Looks like Langhorne gets the credit if she turns out good.

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-adds-aleksandra-crvendakic-training-camp-roster/



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14878
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:


I dont know Crvendakic.


She gets happy feet before she dribbles but never got called for traveling in that clip.

Looks like Langhorne gets the credit if she turns out good.

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-adds-aleksandra-crvendakic-training-camp-roster/


Yeah i saw the the travel violations aswell on those pumpfake and drives. Normally they are pretty strict on calling those in the Euroleague so its funny to see her getting away with those in that clip



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20175
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I dont know Crvendakic. Richyy do you know anything about her?

I wouldn't claim to have seen much of her or know much about her, but she's scoring double digits and playing 30mpg on a Sopron team that's been very balanced and remarkably successful in the EuroLeague this season. Their imports are Langhorne and Yvonne Turner (and Danielle Page) - so not exactly superstars - and they went 10-4 in the group stage. Plus she's only 21. Looks to me like she might be the kind of player where they'll struggle to work out if she's a 3 or a 4, but certainly worth a look.

Honestly, putting a chest of drawers out there with a uniform on would probably be an upgrade on what they got from Tokashiki last season.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16406



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.



Laughing Laughing Laughing

I dont see this team looking any better than last season to be honest. Even at #5 Drafting Lexi Brown Or Jordin Canada will not fix seattles issues of STILL not having a Viable SF .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Seattle ATM

Bird/Quinn/Peterson
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Crevndakic
Langhorne/Paris

#5, #17 pick

Not sure which way I go at #5

big Russell
PG Brown or Canada
hope a SF falls out of lottery G. Williams. Deshields
trade




Last edited by J-Spoon on 02/05/18 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14878
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.


I like Whitcomb and Paris off the bench. I can see them giving us 15 pts off the bench if they (certainly Sami) get decent minutes. It also depends in what kind of shape KML is in. If she can get in the kinda of shape that she was at the start of last season when she came back from overseas then i can see her providing a spark off the bench.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So Seattle ATM

Bird/Quinn/Peterson
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Crevndakic
Langhorne/Paris

#5, #17 pick

Not sure which way I go at #5

big Russell
PG Brown or Canada
hope a SF falls out of lottery G. Williams. Deshields
trade


With the Quinn pick up , makes me thing they wont go PG at #5 . Hopefully their not thinking of taking my Russell ! Gabby wouldnt really be a good fit as they already have a defensive minded non shooting SF on their team. No need for duplicates.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.


I like Whitcomb and Paris off the bench. I can see them giving us 15 pts off the bench if they (certainly Sami) get decent minutes. It also depends in what kind of shape KML is in. If she can get in the kinda of shape that she was at the start of last season when she came back from overseas then i can see her providing a spark off the bench.


Paris scoring 15 pts is a once or twice phenomenon in 1 season . Ive watched and waited for multiple years , but no . Save your breath my friend !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
merlina



Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 104



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.


I like Whitcomb and Paris off the bench. I can see them giving us 15 pts off the bench if they (certainly Sami) get decent minutes. It also depends in what kind of shape KML is in. If she can get in the kinda of shape that she was at the start of last season when she came back from overseas then i can see her providing a spark off the bench.


I can't see getting 15 ppg combined from those three.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16406



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quinn should be the veteran bench warmer for Seattle at this point. They're terribly thin in the post with only Paris as their "true center". Whoever they draft should replace Peterson.

PG: Bird/#5 pick
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris/LMontgomery?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 475
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Quinn should be the veteran bench warmer for Seattle at this point. They're terribly thin in the post with only Paris as their "true center". Whoever they draft should replace Peterson.

PG: Bird/#5 pick
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris/LMontgomery?


i think they should go wit Canada with the 5th pick. Lexie Brown is great but she is not a pure PG like Canada

im watching this Texas-West Virginia game and Dan Hughes is in love with Brooke Mccarty. don't be surprise Storm fans to see her in Seattle this year lol


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7594



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan falls in love with players quite easily. I do enjoy his enthusiasm as the game analyst.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Quinn should be the veteran bench warmer for Seattle at this point. They're terribly thin in the post with only Paris as their "true center". Whoever they draft should replace Peterson.

PG: Bird/#5 pick
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Crvendakic
C: Langhorne/Paris/LMontgomery?


i think they should go wit Canada with the 5th pick. Lexie Brown is great but she is not a pure PG like Canada

im watching this Texas-West Virginia game and Dan Hughes is in love with Brooke Mccarty. don't be surprise Storm fans to see her in Seattle this year lol


+1 on the canada thought!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7594



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crvendakic will be the perfect replacement for Tokashiki. No one will be able to pronounce her name either.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.


My Predictions have the storm finishing somewhere in the 10-12 area.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.


My Predictions have the storm finishing somewhere in the 10-12 area.


Unless Seattle can add 2-3 more legit rotation players,10-12 wins is about right.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.


My Predictions have the storm finishing somewhere in the 10-12 area.


Unless Seattle can add 2-3 more legit rotation players,10-12 wins is about right.


Well damn i was predicting there standing lol but 10-12 wins sounds about right also. Poor sue wont be able to go out a winner. Shes won enough



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.


My Predictions have the storm finishing somewhere in the 10-12 area.


Unless Seattle can add 2-3 more legit rotation players,10-12 wins is about right.


Well damn i was predicting there standing lol but 10-12 wins sounds about right also. Poor sue wont be able to go out a winner. Shes won enough


They only won 15 & 16 games the last two season...


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm's two best players are still young and on the rise.

Stewart will be a legit MVP candidate, I wouldn't write them off so fast.

I'm not saying Championship contender, but I will guess more wins than last season and a playoff spot.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
The Storm's two best players are still young and on the rise.

Stewart will be a legit MVP candidate, I wouldn't write them off so fast.

I'm not saying Championship contender, but I will guess more wins than last season and a playoff spot.


You should line this team up vs each team in the league and tell me who they will finish in front of? Where or what player addition makes you think they will win more games than last year? Im just curious if you don't mind?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4501



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
The Storm's two best players are still young and on the rise.

Stewart will be a legit MVP candidate, I wouldn't write them off so fast.

I'm not saying Championship contender, but I will guess more wins than last season and a playoff spot.


You should line this team up vs each team in the league and tell me who they will finish in front of? Where or what player addition makes you think they will win more games than last year? Im just curious if you don't mind?


OK I'm a little more "ify" than before

I think the biggest additions will be new coach, development of Stewart and Loyd, whatever the #5 pick becomes, and Paris vs Swords.

Yes a lot of other teams have improved more but

Vegas still has to make it happen, I think the biggest addition there will be Laimbeer. The #1 pick will help but I'm getting a little more gun shy on saying Wilson will be an instant impact player, good yes, great the jury is out. Bone, Swords, Young, yes helpful but nothing really overwhelming. They could be better than Seattle but I wouldn't count on it.

Indy, still need to see which way they go, acquire Bonner and other vets or rebuild. Either way Seattle should be better, but might not be.

Chicago, not convinced yet. They add Coates who has never played in the W and Faulkner a decent back up PG, both returning to play from serious injuries. They lose Breland and probably Cappie. What happens with 3 and 4 could tilt the outcome (If they Banham, Tuck themselves while Jones and Williams get by them or Akhator themselves while they let Sykes and K. Davis go by, who knows), but I still see it as a coin toss and favor Seattle.

None of the teams above have a player anywhere near as good as Stewart. Sometimes a super star makes the difference, look at how well NY does in the regular season with just Tina, top 3 record the last three years, right there with LA and Minny in total wins. (We just ruin it when we get to the playoffs because well we just do). And yes I do think Stewart will be that good this year.

Atl- has made good moves and has always competed with Angel in the house. But new coach, and a lot of young players that still need to prove they are able to take it to the next level. Atl has more talent on paper but I still think either team can win against each other on most nights.

NY- has yet to make a move, The team has been a top team the last three years regular season, and still could be, but new coach and uncertainty could make them more vulnerable in the regular season. Give NY the edge but not a big one.

Dallas- Cambage will be a huge addition but this is another team (to a lesser extent than Vegas and Chicago) that still has to prove it. I'm not ready to move them to the top yet. I will give you that when you line them up with Seattle roster to roster Dallas should be the better team. But I also won't be shocked at all if they end up splitting their season with the Storm.

Washington- Don't know? The loss of Meessman could actual create better balance for the team, and Mike T is a good coach, but losing a starter possibly your second best player and double digit scorer isn't usually a good thing, I'm never sold on Washington (even though they seem to do well against NY). I could see Seattle beating or at least having a 50/50 shot against them.

So that is 7 teams that I'm not convinced are a certainty to be better than Seattle. Yes some of them will be, so I'm not completely sold on Seattle in the playoffs anymore, but I still think they can have a record near .500 which would be an improvement and get them there. They could use another post and have to do well at #5. But I certainly don't think things are as dire as you and Zune think.

It is also still really early, I think a majority of the board had Conn in the lottery this time last year.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1305



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting a staring rebounder like Paris next to a shot blocker like Stewart, would make more sense then staring Langhorne.
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Starting a staring rebounder like Paris next to a shot blocker like Stewart, would make more sense then staring Langhorne.


Yeah,like really...is Seattle going to play Paris/KML at the same time off the bench ?

Moves Seattle should consider:

1.Draft Russell,Canada,or Brown.

2.Sign S.Johnson.

3.Sign L.Kizer-Was a near double digit scorer in limited minutes in 2015/2016.

4.Trade KML for a late 1st rd or early 2nd rd pick.

5.Trade Langhorne for a late 1st rd pick or young player.

6.Sign O'Hea.

7.Trade for Tolo.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14878
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Storm bench still looks terrible. They have Crvendakic, Paris, Quinn, Peterson, KML and soon their #5 pick.


I like Whitcomb and Paris off the bench. I can see them giving us 15 pts off the bench if they (certainly Sami) get decent minutes. It also depends in what kind of shape KML is in. If she can get in the kinda of shape that she was at the start of last season when she came back from overseas then i can see her providing a spark off the bench.


Paris scoring 15 pts is a once or twice phenomenon in 1 season . Ive watched and waited for multiple years , but no . Save your breath my friend !


15 pts of those 2 combined is what i meant. Not per player. Sami averaged 4,5 pts in only 12 minutes per game. I can see that increasing to 7 pts per game if she gets more minutes. Paris averaging 7-8 pts per game in 20 min would be possible. KML averaged 4,6 pts on 45,6% from the field in only 11 minutes and she was out of shape coming off an injury. So yes those 3 will give you atleast 15 pts off the bench.

@ Zune, didnt you say that you thought that the Storm was going to win 20 games with the addition of Paris? And now you say that they will only win 10-12 games. That is a pretty big difference..

Like J-Spoon said, there are multiple teams that i am not convinced of that they are better then the Storm next season:
Fever: Nope
Vegas: Bill will make this team better but the Storm have more talent and should win this matchup when healthy.
Sky: pretty similar. Storm have more talent but always a tough matchup
Mystics: without Meesseman i think the Storm have more upside but lets say 50/50
Liberty: depends on who they are going to add. Id say 50/50. Matchup between Charles and Stewart will depend the outcome



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

@ Zune, didnt you say that you thought that the Storm was going to win 20 games with the addition of Paris? And now you say that they will only win 10-12 games. That is a pretty big difference..


Yeah...umm...I sort of backtracked in the 2018 FA thread.

zune69 wrote:

I spoke too soon.....looking at the current rosters.Unless Seattle can sign S.Johnson,and trade the #5 pick for a post & guard,I just don't see them making the playoffs.....Chi,LV,ATL and Dal will be greatly improved....Seattle just doesn't have enough talent,depth,and size........Too many bad decisions over the last 6 years:


The addition of Paris(as a sarter) will help Stewart stay fresh...But looking at this objectively:

Seattle only won 15 & 16 games the last two seasons despite being relatively healthy...Up till now,Seattle's only addition has been Paris.The #5 pick should help improve the talent level,but not enough to offset the gains that are being made by ATL and LV...Looking at three of the teams that missed the playoffs in 2017...LV has added Swords,Bone,and Young.LV will get the #1 pick(Wilson)And we all know trader Bill isn't done making moves.......Atlanta added Monty and Breland.Angel will make her return.I'm almost certain that Boyette will have a better season than she did in 2017,and lets not forget about Sykes.If Atlanta puts it together,I can see them being a title contender.Chicago will be a wild card.They got off to a slow start last season(players missed gms,experimental system),but finished strong.Faulkner will be making her return,chicago will get two lottery picks,and the lost of Pondexter would be addition by subtraction.Yes,Stewart and Loyd should improve.But ATL,LV,and Chicago also have young players that will improve,and more of them IMO.

Seattle still has time to change my opinion.


BTW:Drafting Deshields or Gabby would be a game changer for Seattle.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6185
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Starting a staring rebounder like Paris next to a shot blocker like Stewart, would make more sense then staring Langhorne.


Yeah,like really...is Seattle going to play Paris/KML at the same time off the bench ?

Moves Seattle should consider:

1.Draft Russell,Canada,or Brown.

2.Sign S.Johnson.

3.Sign L.Kizer-Was a near double digit scorer in limited minutes in 2015/2016.

4.Trade KML for a late 1st rd or early 2nd rd pick.

5.Trade Langhorne for a late 1st rd pick or young player.

6.Sign O'Hea.

7.Trade for Tolo.


Zune i like options 1-5 for seattle. STarting Paris will not make this team better nor would starting Paris with KML . This team needs help fast .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14878
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storms post rotation is set with Paris and Natasha Howard coming off the bench. We gave up a 2nd round pick and gave the Lynx the right to switch first round picks with us next season. That last part could be a huge mistake if the Storm miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick next season Confused I dont know how i feel about this. Storm have to make the playoffs now

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-completes-trade-minnesota-acquires-natasha-howard/



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:


Zune i like options 1-5 for seattle. STarting Paris will not make this team better nor would starting Paris with KML . This team needs help fast .


Disagree...starting Paris means less wear and tear on Stewart.......and Starting Paris with KML would be a defensive nightmare.

Paris should only come off the bench if Seattle drafts Russell.




Last edited by zune69 on 02/07/18 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22511



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next year's draft will be pretty juicy. Especially at the top...so yeah, better make the playoffs Storm. Good luck.

PS Wouldn't it be nice if the teams actually got around to updating their rosters?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
The Storms post rotation is set with Paris and Natasha Howard coming off the bench. We gave up a 2nd round pick and gave the Lynx the right to switch first round picks with us next season. That last part could be a huge mistake if the Storm miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick next season Confused I dont know how i feel about this. Storm have to make the playoffs now

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-completes-trade-minnesota-acquires-natasha-howard/


Minnesota has the option of swapping 1st rd picks with Seattle in 2019........Stupid move by Seattle.
(Despite being a big fan of Howard)

Forget missing the playoffs now.Infact,Seattle better get a top 4 seed....What the f**k was D.Hughes thinking ?


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay....Seattle now has post depth,and a draft pick....signing S.Johnson would be the icing on the cake.

The Storm will win 20+ games


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want us to host a playoff game this year and I am thrilled with getting a player who is dynamic when she's allowed to play. It is worth taking a chance because they are also trying to make it so that it's not that great a pick. Sure, it's a gamble but it is one I'm willing to take. Seeing as I've just spent a week being told that Howard was the future of the Lynx franchise, I'd say others might see Howard's upside.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Okay....Seattle now has post depth,and a draft pick....signing S.Johnson would be the icing on the cake.

The Storm will win 20+ games


Coming off an injury? No. Besides, they need a PG more.


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5999
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Okay....Seattle now has post depth,and a draft pick....signing S.Johnson would be the icing on the cake.

The Storm will win 20+ games


Are you sure this time?



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2019
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14878
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
I want us to host a playoff game this year and I am thrilled with getting a player who is dynamic when she's allowed to play. It is worth taking a chance because they are also trying to make it so that it's not that great a pick. Sure, it's a gamble but it is one I'm willing to take. Seeing as I've just spent a week being told that Howard was the future of the Lynx franchise, I'd say others might see Howard's upside.


But will she get more minutes with the Storm? When you have Stewart, Langhorne and Paris all playing the 4-5 position that means 26,6 minutes per game. Or do the Storm plan to play her some backup minutes at the SF spot aswell?



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
I want us to host a playoff game this year and I am thrilled with getting a player who is dynamic when she's allowed to play. It is worth taking a chance because they are also trying to make it so that it's not that great a pick. Sure, it's a gamble but it is one I'm willing to take. Seeing as I've just spent a week being told that Howard was the future of the Lynx franchise, I'd say others might see Howard's upside.


But will she get more minutes with the Storm? When you have Stewart, Langhorne and Paris all playing the 4-5 position that means 26,6 minutes per game. Or do the Storm plan to play her some backup minutes at the SF spot aswell?


I am curious about that and wonder if Stewart might see time at the 3. I also don't think this is their only trade. Getting Howard really makes Crystal Langhorne look like trade bait.


mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4460
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Langhorne for sure returning to Seattle?


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Is Langhorne for sure returning to Seattle?


She's cored by Seattle.


mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4460
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Is Langhorne for sure returning to Seattle?


She's cored by Seattle.


Ah yeah, I more so meant would she be signed and traded, but you already mentioned that in your post with Michelle.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6550



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Okay....Seattle now has post depth,and a draft pick....signing S.Johnson would be the icing on the cake.

The Storm will win 20+ games


Coming off an injury? No. Besides, they need a PG more.


Seattle can Draft or trade for a PG...The storm desperately need a wing with some size.


sigur3 wrote:


Are you sure this time?


Yeah…..Giving Minnesota the option of swapping 1st rd picks in 2019 tells me that Seattle has another signing or trade up their sleeve....Seattle has no option but to make the playoffs.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20175
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like we've been saying they were coring Langhorne with the intention to trade her since the moon landing. How much are you going to get at this point?



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I feel like we've been saying they were coring Langhorne with the intention to trade her since the moon landing. How much are you going to get at this point?


Right there with you.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1038



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Seattle got robbed. I mean. Howard is a decent enough player but lets face it, the Storm are still going to have a much better position in the 2019 draft than the Lynx, probably handing Minnesota a lottery pick. Howard is NOT worth possibly losing a lottery pick. This is a similar thing to when Atlanta threrw their lottery pick away to Chicago this year for absolutely NOTHING in return.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin