Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/24/17 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Quote:
"

Bird really drinking the Hughes kool-aid.

Do you seriously think she would ever say anything negative about the new coach, no matter who it was?

No, I wasn't expecting her to be negative. It was clear to me from the previous article she wasn't feeling Klop and wanted to go a different direction. I'm just pointing how effusive she was being. I have a feeling she had a lot of input into this hire.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
merlina wrote:
Quote:
"

Do you seriously think she would ever say anything negative about the new coach, no matter who it was?

No, I wasn't expecting her to be negative. It was clear to me from the previous article she wasn't feeling Klop and wanted to go a different direction. I'm just pointing how effusive she was being. I have a feeling she had a lot of input into this hire.

I think it just shows that she's a good teammate, committed to the organization and trying to make things work for the best. I wouldn't read a lot more than that into it.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/25/17 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
merlina wrote:
Quote:
"

I think it just shows that she's a good teammate, committed to the organization and trying to make things work for the best. I wouldn't read a lot more than that into it.

But but thats no fun Laughing That describes how she has always been so why believe otherwise now Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/17 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA pine cause of Perth Lynx star Sami Whitcomb’s slow start

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/wnba-pine-cause-of-perth-lynx-star-sami-whitcombs-slow-start-ng-b88639020z

Quote:
Perth Lynx co-captain Sami Whitcomb admits achieving her WNBA dream has had a negative impact on her form to start the season

Quote:
The 29-year-old has started the WNBL season slowly.

Her points-per-game average has fallen from 24 last year to only 14 in the first five games and Whitcomb said the lack of match practice in America had posed significant challenges.

Looking for an excuse, but not sure how legit it is. The level of play and practices is much higher in the WNBA. Is she saying she's out of shape? It's up to her to stay in shape outside the court. It kinda reminds me of Cambage blaming American food for her getting out of shape her rookie year. Food is food. Learn about which foods are healthy and adjust your habits.

Other low minute WNBA players, like Chong and AJones (and I'm sure there are many more), are doing well out of the overseas gate.

Quote:
“People think ‘oh, she’s been in the WNBA – she’s going to be amazing’. I’ve been sitting for a lot of it. We don’t train a lot in the WNBA because there’s more travel and more rest because people are older.

Oh oh... oh no she did-int. She's 29. Isn't that a little older than the average WNBA player? Throwing shade at Bird? Razz I consider the Storm young for the most part.

Quote:
“As someone who doesn’t play with the team as much, you don’t get as many reps in training.

“It’s been an adjustment and I’ve done a lot on my own to feel good again.”

Quote:
She said training hard had always been the key to her game.

“If I’m not in the gym every day, I feel like crap,” Whitcomb said.

Then get into the gym.

Quote:
“If I don’t train, I don’t feel confident. I need to touch the ball every day and get some shots up. It’s part of who I’ve always been. I’d love to be the player who could not touch the ball for a week and still feel good about myself.”

Just do it!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/26/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What kind of match practice would she otherwise have over the summer anyways?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/26/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
What kind of match practice would she otherwise have over the summer anyways?

There's a state league here that runs during our winter/your summer that she plays in. She was set to participate in that again until the training camp invite came through.

PostPosted: 10/27/17 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

22 points, 12 boards & 7 assists tonight for Sami. I think the last of those WNBA bench splinters are gone now Smile

(Non-Storm side note - I barely recognised Courtney Williams with all her hair gone Shocked )

PostPosted: 10/27/17 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:
“People think ‘oh, she’s been in the WNBA – she’s going to be amazing’. I’ve been sitting for a lot of it. We don’t train a lot in the WNBA because there’s more travel and more rest because people are older.

Oh oh... oh no she did-int. She's 29. Isn't that a little older than the average WNBA player? Throwing shade at Bird? Razz I consider the Storm young for the most part.

They really don't practice all that much compared to overseas teams. The longer season length overseas means many leagues spread out more games and so can practice more in between. Some coaches also insist on more practices. The Storm had even stopped mandatory shootarounds on game days.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/28/17 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
22 points, 12 boards & 7 assists tonight for Sami. I think the last of those WNBA bench splinters are gone now Smile

(Non-Storm side note - I barely recognised Courtney Williams with all her hair gone Shocked )

Picture?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 11/28/17 4:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cfqu3-8kbEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

toad455

PostPosted: 12/04/17 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suck at copying tweets, but Seattle has voted to approve $660M in funding to build new Seattle Arena. Arena should be finished by 2020. City is hoping to lure an NHL team to the city with it's new arena. Storm would also play at new Seattle Arena.

Quote:
Chris Daniels
@ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: @SeattleCouncil votes 7-1 to approve $660m #KeyArena MOU package with @OvgSeattle.

It clears the way for a NEW Arena at Seattle Center by 2020, and potential #NHL franchise.

More details to come on @KING5Seattle.#Seattle

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
scullyfu

PostPosted: 12/04/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

is the guy who was trying to get an NHL team into Seattle involved in this makeover of the Key? man, the Storm are going to be living large. any talk about where they'll play during renovations?

PostPosted: 12/04/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

more info.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21669494/seattle-city-council-approves-keyarena-redevelopment-memorandum-understanding?sf175306709=1

ClayK

PostPosted: 12/05/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the story I saw, it said "Demolition will begin in the fall of 2018" -- so it looks like the Storm will need a new home for a couple of years. Is Hec Edmundson on the UW campus viable?

PostPosted: 12/05/17 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
In the story I saw, it said "Demolition will begin in the fall of 2018" -- so it looks like the Storm will need a new home for a couple of years. Is Hec Edmundson on the UW campus viable?

The Hec Edmundson is probably their best option. Still in Seattle and holds 10,000. Otherwise they'd probably be forced to play at the Tacoma Dome, which is about an hour south of Seattle.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/05/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a bit frustrating that the front office has been working on this and very much likes this plan (as opposed to the SODO one) but they haven't communicated at all with the fans who will be impacted.

Reading the brief, it sounds like we will get the 2018 season at the Key and the 2019 and 2020 seasons elsewhere. This would include the 2019 and 2020 Pac-12 tournaments. Hec-Ed would be the most obvious choice but its seating is much poorer than Key Arena so many of us courtside fans will be screwed. The entire area on the side by the teams is backless bench seating and is horribly uncomfortable. The only other facility that could possibly handle 8000+ is the Tacoma Dome (please god no). Showare Center could only handle 7000 or less.

merlina

PostPosted: 12/06/17 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
It's a bit frustrating that the front office has been working on this and very much likes this plan (as opposed to the SODO one) but they haven't communicated at all with the fans who will be impacted.

Reading the brief, it sounds like we will get the 2018 season at the Key and the 2019 and 2020 seasons elsewhere. This would include the 2019 and 2020 Pac-12 tournaments. Hec-Ed would be the most obvious choice but its seating is much poorer than Key Arena so many of us courtside fans will be screwed. The entire area on the side by the teams is backless bench seating and is horribly uncomfortable. The only other facility that could possibly handle 8000+ is the Tacoma Dome (please god no). Showare Center could only handle 7000 or less.

Comcast Arena is big enough.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/06/17 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Comcast Arena is barely big enough and it's in Everett. With so many people driving up from the south already it would be a terrible idea to make them drive further through that traffic zone.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/06/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm Statement on KeyArena Redevelopment

http://storm.wnba.com/news/statement-keyarena-redevelopment/

Quote:
This is an exciting day for the City of Seattle; a vibrant sports city with passionate fans. We are thrilled Mayor Durkan and the City Council are moving forward with a world-class arena at Seattle Center, the future home of our two-time WNBA Champions. We are grateful for our continued partnership with the City and look forward to working with the Oak View Group throughout this process.

PostPosted: 12/06/17 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so no news is good news?

merlina

PostPosted: 12/06/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Comcast Arena is barely big enough and it's in Everett. With so many people driving up from the south already it would be a terrible idea to make them drive further through that traffic zone.

The point is that your statement that the Tacoma dome is the "only other facility" - not whether or not you think it's a terrible idea.

Exactly how many people drive from the north and from the south?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
merlina wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

The point is that your statement that the Tacoma dome is the "only other facility" - not whether or not you think it's a terrible idea.

Exactly how many people drive from the north and from the south?

Point taken, you are correct.

I know people who drive from Olympia, Lacey, Puyallup and Kent. Don't know of anyone who drives in from the north. The Stormcrazies facebook page also had a bunch of folks mentioning they drive in from the south.

craigmont

PostPosted: 12/08/17 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be really surprised if they went somewhere other than Hec Ed.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 12/10/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I drive from the north!

maybe half the games in Everett and half in Tacoma (if Hec Ed not available)?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/11/17 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle needs to definitely be giving Jordin Canada A look , lexie brown is great but Jordin Canada would be the biggest get at PG since sue bird IMO.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: