Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
threefrom60

PostPosted: 07/28/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

Do you think we can hold on to the top seed? Who scares you in the playoffs

1. Probably, dependant upon health of course. I like our chances in a five-game series against anyone if we have all of our players.

2. Atlanta and Dallas scare me the most. We've also only played Minnesota once this year, and it was probably our worst loss of the year. I see all these other teams either beating them or hanging with them for 40 minutes and I'm like why isn't that the Minnesota team that showed up that night to play us?? So that's concerning. Additionally, I want NO part of Toliver in a playoff matchup. Having home court advantage over Washington wouldn't even make it better, as she seems to really love playing in Key Arena.

One thing I'm particularly happy about with this team at this point is how well they've played on the road. That makes me feel more optimistic about our chances in a five-game series no matter who we are playing--anyone can have an off night, even at home; if we end up with a couple of byes and come out flat in Game 1 at home, we'll absolutely still have a chance in the series.

Can we talk about the difference in the overall vibe of the team with Dan Hughes coaching? He is obviously what we'd call a 'players' coach', and of course it doesn't hurt that he has a great team for that--smart veterans, incredibly calm and easy going young players, and a ton of WNBA experience between himself and his two assistant coaches. There have been quite a few things this year (in-game and just overall stuff about how the team is being handled) that have just made me go, "Wow. This is different and refreshing."

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 07/28/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't want to be playing Atlanta at all.

craigmont

PostPosted: 07/28/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Do you think we can hold on to the top seed? Who scares you in the playoffs

Can we talk about the difference in the overall vibe of the team with Dan Hughes coaching? He is obviously what we'd call a 'players' coach', and of course it doesn't hurt that he has a great team for that--smart veterans, incredibly calm and easy going young players, and a ton of WNBA experience between himself and his two assistant coaches. There have been quite a few things this year (in-game and just overall stuff about how the team is being handled) that have just made me go, "Wow. This is different and refreshing."

What I noticed is that the team just seems well-organized. The ball usually moves pretty crisply on offense, and people are in the right places on defense.

It would be great to stay out of the one-game playoffs. We will be a really tough out in a 5-game series against anyone.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 07/31/18 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a little worried about the crazy schedule the rest of the way

2 stretches of 4 games in 7 days

just worried about fatigue...

but, then, I'm a worrier, so we may be fine Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 07/31/18 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
Just a little worried about the crazy schedule the rest of the way

2 stretches of 4 games in 7 days

just worried about fatigue...

but, then, I'm a worrier, so we may be fine Very Happy

All the teams have the crazy schedules, so wouldn’t it work in favor of the younger teams?

The Lynx have a back-to-back road trip against the Sparks and the Storm coming up very shortly. Very important games. I hope they are well rested and Larkins got plenty of gel time in.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 08/10/18 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double-bye now clinched for the Storm!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/10/18 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm need to win 1 and Dream need to lose 1 if the Storm want to get 1st place right?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Storm need to win 1 and Dream need to lose 1 if the Storm want to get 1st place right?

think so.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/16/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We will most likely clinch the top seed against New York tomorrow, and I have tickets to the Dallas game Sunday.

Dallas might still be fighting for their playoff lives. Cambage may or may not play.

What do you think the Storm will do? Will Hughes rest the starters completely?

Randy

PostPosted: 08/17/18 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
We will most likely clinch the top seed against New York tomorrow, and I have tickets to the Dallas game Sunday.

Dallas might still be fighting for their playoff lives. Cambage may or may not play.

Starters won't need rest with the long layoff for the top seed. I'd try keep Dallas out of the playoffs. If they ever got their act together they could be a difficult team.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/17/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Starters won't need rest with the long layoff for the top seed. I'd try keep Dallas out of the playoffs. If they ever got their act together they could be a difficult team.

They won't need rest but why risk injury? I'm guessing not a lot of starter minutes.

- Amanda Gorman
craigmont

PostPosted: 08/17/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
craigmont wrote:

So could the Aces, but either one would have to win 2 one-game playoffs on the road before the Storm have to worry about them.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/17/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depends on what scares you most - injuries, Aces or Wings. I think Wings are the scariest team this side of Phoenix.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/17/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then why can't they beat anyone?

I guess we'll know more after tonight.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/17/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Then why can't they beat anyone?

I guess we'll know more after tonight.

That's easy - like any super hero they get their butts whipped time and time again until they properly harness their super powers.

stever

PostPosted: 08/17/18 7:38 pm    ::: Breanna Stewart Breaks Down Her Most Poignant Career Moments Reply Reply with quote

https://hypebae.com/2018/8/breanna-stewart-wnba-player-interview

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://fansided.com/2018/07/31/seattle-storm-wnba-dynasty-stewart-loyd-bird/

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This guy is killing it. I've also become a Courtney Paris fan this year.

https://fansided.com/2018/07/27/courtney-paris-seattle-storm-wnba/

pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/18 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd & Breanna Stewart Talk WNBA Playoff Hopes & Pre-Game Playlists

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8472515/seattle-storm-wnba-sue-bird-jewell-loyd-breanna-stewart-interview-playlists

Quote:
Sue is really our DJ. She will put on a playlist, usually it’s hip-hop to get us warmed up. We don’t have like one certain song, but we just kind of listen to whatever is in the playlist.

PostPosted: 09/17/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width='650' height='325' src='//players.brightcove.net/1509317113/3a88c7ac-7308-40e7-8334-1cfe33120b22_default/index.html?videoId=5835646304001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/17/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know why Sami Whitcomb missed the parade and celebration? Maybe she needed to get right back to Australia?

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/17/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I just don't see Seattle making the playoffs...The rest of the league has improved so much....Seattle should focus on getting a lottery pick in 2019.

My Predictions have the storm finishing somewhere in the 10-12 area.

Unless Seattle can add 2-3 more legit rotation players,10-12 wins is about right.

Well damn i was predicting there standing lol but 10-12 wins sounds about right also. Poor sue wont be able to go out a winner. Shes won enough

Never so happy to be proven right, no lottery pick in 2019, most likely another ‘ship.

PostPosted: 09/17/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Does anyone know why Sami Whitcomb missed the parade and celebration? Maybe she needed to get right back to Australia?

They made her an injury sub for the Opals. The real games start in only 5 days.

If I were Jewell Loyd, I would have skipped the parade and made a dash for Team USA camp, unless they already assured her that her spot was locked up.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/17/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

She flew back to be with the Opals

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/17/18 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
craigmont wrote:

They made her an injury sub for the Opals. The real games start in only 5 days.

If I were Jewell Loyd, I would have skipped the parade and made a dash for Team USA camp, unless they already assured her that her spot was locked up.

Well they need her so I would hope so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: