Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/22/18 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
My point was purely regarding fatigue.
Bottom line though - it's a good problem for Seattle to have, not a bad one. Whatever combo they choose, there is talent on the floor in the guard positions. Canada has hit the ground running and is looking good so far.
Elsewhere on the floor things aren't looking so great. That's probably where Dan needs to be focussing his attention.

Yeah its a good problem to have. Canada is looking better then K Mitchell so far. All rookie team is certainly on the cards if she keeps playing like this.

Also she played 20 minutes in her first real game. I think that is a good number for a first game and if she keeps playing like this she will get only more.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/18 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Also she played 20 minutes in her first real game. I think that is a good number for a first game and if she keeps playing like this she will get only more.

More than 20 minutes can be considered starter territory. Sounds like Michelle is warming up pretty quickly to the idea of Canada starting.

Less than 24 hours ago:
Quote:
She is a rookie. She played only 1 game. I really like her game and i like that Dan trusts her to actually play minutes at the point even with Bird on the floor. But her starting over Bird is just funny

Michelle just has to go through the 5 stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

1. Thought of Bird not starting is funny.
2. Anyone suggesting Canada starts sooner than later will get clap back.
3. Open to more minutes for Canada.
4. Sad at the thought of Bird no longer being the starter.
5. What are you guys talking about? It’s obvious Canada is our starter.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

More than 20 minutes can be considered starter territory. Sounds like Michelle is warming up pretty quickly to the idea of Canada starting.

Less than 24 hours ago:
Quote:
She is a rookie. She played only 1 game. I really like her game and i like that Dan trusts her to actually play minutes at the point even with Bird on the floor. But her starting over Bird is just funny

Michelle just has to go through the 5 stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/22/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes, I wasn't trying to troll anyone personally.

It is an interesting discussion though. Let's see how it plays out.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/22/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Less than 24 hours ago:
Quote:

Your so funny Rolling Eyes Canada played 20 minutes. If you have watched the game closely then you would have noticed that Dan played her WITH Bird aswell and let her handle the ball while Bird played off the ball because unlike the Lynx guards she is actually a good 3pointshooter..

Tbh it worked pretty good BUT against big line-ups that will be tougher.
Loyd played 29 minutes in this game. If Loyd struggles in games then i wouldnt mind that some of her minutes go to Canada. Keeping Birds minutes at around 25-27 is fine by me.

Quote:
Yikes, I wasn't trying to troll anyone personally.

Dont worry. You are not trolling anyone. That's Shades thing. Probably still butthurt about the latest Gray buzzerbeater..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:51 am    ::: Must-See WNBA Lineups (2018) Reply Reply with quote

Drop Off: six must-see WNBA lineups in 2018
By Ben Dull

Quote:
Seattle: Breanna Stewart, Natasha Howard, Jewell Loyd, Sue Bird, Jordin Canada

Why this group is dangerous: We already saw it log some time in the preseason and in their opener against the Mercury. Loyd and Howard had some great sequences in the pick and roll together. There are no hiding places against that five when Howard is rolling hard to the rim.

https://highposthoops.com/2018/05/22/drop-off-must-see-lineups-wnba-2018/

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm have waived Muldrow and signed Mercedes Russell.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Couldn't they just have drafted Russell instead ? A little hometown cooking ? well Regional cooking !

PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Couldn't they just have drafted Russell instead ? A little hometown cooking ? well Regional cooking !

Given that their only pick before she was taken was #5, no, not without being ridiculous.

PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They didn't have a second round pick.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

still think Hamblin is better than Russell and she's regional as well.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/30/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what i think Seattle needs out of the fifth post Center I probably would have gone with Hamson first, Hamblin second, Russell third, but to be fair Russell has the highest ceiling of the three so f Hughes is looking now and the future Russell might be worth a shot.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
For what i think Seattle needs out of the fifth post Center I probably would have gone with Hamson first, Hamblin second, Russell third, but to be fair Russell has the highest ceiling of the three so f Hughes is looking now and the future Russell might be worth a shot.

Agreed

PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:

Dano is firing on all cylinders. I wonder if a Langhorne trade could be in the works.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:

Dano is firing on all cylinders. I wonder if a Langhorne trade could be in the works.

She's likely out a few weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if her Storm playing days are done. Storm should have waived Quinn instead.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/30/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:

She's likely out a few weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if her Storm playing days are done. Storm should have waived Quinn instead.

Nope, she’s listed as questionable for the next game.

Quinn is an experienced multi-positional utility player. She has some value.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/27/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uy0hpNsVGeM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craigmont

PostPosted: 07/27/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about some action in the Storm thread? We're only leading the league.

Do you think we can hold on to the top seed? Who scares you in the playoffs?

We have 8 games left. I think we'll end up 24-10 or 23-11. That should be good enough for the 1 or 2 seed. Will Atlanta continue on their tear?

Minnesota is the only team that really scares me. Let's see how we handle them at home. I don't think we have an answer for Big Syl.

adamj95

PostPosted: 07/27/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Seattle holds on to 1 seed but I don't trust them in a playoff series. Minnesota or LA can beat them.

PostPosted: 07/27/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that we can hold onto the #1 seed. Minnesota and the Sparks don't scare me. Neither does the Mercury. My #1 scare is the Dream and second is the Wings.

I like the Storm's chances in a series since they really haven't had off nights two games in a row. So in a series, I think they are built to overcome off nights.

The biggest key for the Storm is having stamina at the end of the season, because when they are at their best, they are running hard and fast all game long.

PostPosted: 07/28/18 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You all still here? Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/28/18 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
I think that we can hold onto the #1 seed. Minnesota and the Sparks don't scare me. Neither does the Mercury. My #1 scare is the Dream and second is the Wings.

I like the Storm's chances in a series since they really haven't had off nights two games in a row. So in a series, I think they are built to overcome off nights.

The biggest key for the Storm is having stamina at the end of the season, because when they are at their best, they are running hard and fast all game long.

Agree 100%.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/28/18 3:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who i dont want the Storm to face in a series because the type of matchup:

1. Dream and Dallas
2. Lynx

Then everybody else

3. Sparks
4. Mercury
5. Mystics
6. Sun

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/18 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I would say be careful who you disrespect and when, because a few weeks ago Phoenix would have been looking down from the top of the standings thinking "Atlanta? Pfft ... nah why would we be worried about them?"

At this point of the season having wins in the bank is great to maximise your playoff position, but a team's form and health in July isn't what is going to win them a title. And I'm glad to see some people still keeping an eye on the Lynx because as crappy as they've looked at times, I think you still don't want to be facing those vets when the playoffs roll around.

PostPosted: 07/28/18 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

At this point of the season having wins in the bank is great to maximise your playoff position, but a team's form and health in July isn't what is going to win them a title. And I'm glad to see some people still keeping an eye on the Lynx because as crappy as they've looked at times, I think you still don't want to be facing those vets when the playoffs roll around.

Agreed. As crappy as the old crones have played they are now in 3rd place and are one game out of 2nd. With LA and Phoenix struggling lately the Lynx are a playoff nightmare for any team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: