Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/14/18 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Muldrow has been one of my favs all year. I really think/hope she can make this team.

Hmmm

Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/18 3:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Seattle at a logjam at PG?!?! Quinn's the emergency PG now & Peterson's gone. No logjam at all.

That's why I would try to trade Peterson for a backup post

Peterson is not really worth that much tbh and we dont need another post. When is Dev Peters going to play. All our posts (except Paris) are true powerforwards and now you want to bring in another PF.

Tbh we are set at the post position. I would keep Quinn too so that Canada has time to adjust and in case Birdy misses a game. Also Quinn can play backup minutes at the SG and SF position too. Pretty versatile and decent defender at those 3 positions.

I just hope that KML is healthy and in decent shape (like the beginning of last season before she got injured) so that she can actually play those backup minutes at the 3. If not then we certainly need a 3rd player at that spot (give Howard some minutes there, maybe Crvendakic?)

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/14/18 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ummmm ... did you notice the small forward position? If you're looking to upgrade, starting there would seem like job one.

PostPosted: 04/15/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Seattle was smart.They'd give Phoenix a call,and offer them their 2019 2nd rd pk for A.Prince...With all of the new talent Phoenix has added to their roster,Prince might not make the cut.I'd also call LV and ask about the availability of N.Coffey(for a 2nd rd pick)....Trading KML for Coffey,Prince,or Russell is also an option.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/18 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If Seattle was smart.They'd give Phoenix a call,and offer them their 2019 2nd rd pk for A.Prince...With all of the new talent Phoenix has added to their roster, Prince might not make the cut.I'd also call LV and ask about the availability of N.Coffey(for a 2nd rd pick)....Trading KML for Coffey,Prince,or Russell is also an option.

If SEA is really smart, they’d just wait until these players show up on the waiver wire. Coffey is a goner for sure unless she has reached another level and can beat out Nared or Burdick if Laimbeer likes her as a SF.

I doubt Brondello cuts Talbot, so Prince will be in a battle with Scaife. Who knows who wins that one.

I think they’re okay at SF. They got the Serbian and Howard who can play at the wing, plus they’ve got the rookie Muldrow, who definitely deserves a shot.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 04/15/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If Seattle was smart.They'd give Phoenix a call,and offer them their 2019 2nd rd pk for A.Prince...With all of the new talent Phoenix has added to their roster, Prince might not make the cut.I'd also call LV and ask about the availability of N.Coffey(for a 2nd rd pick)....Trading KML for Coffey,Prince,or Russell is also an option.

If SEA is really smart, they’d just wait until these players show up on the waiver wire. Coffey is a goner for sure unless she has reached another level and can beat out Nared or Burdick if Laimbeer likes her as a SF.

The problem with waiting for the waiver wire is that multiple teams will put in a claim.Also,WNBA teams have a history of trading players before they get cut.

Schimmel traded for 2nd rd pk
Clarendon traded for 2nd rd pk
Zahui B traded for 1st rd pk

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/15/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If Seattle was smart.They'd give Phoenix a call,and offer them their 2019 2nd rd pk for A.Prince...With all of the new talent Phoenix has added to their roster,Prince might not make the cut.I'd also call LV and ask about the availability of N.Coffey(for a 2nd rd pick)....Trading KML for Coffey,Prince,or Russell is also an option.

Are those players better then Howard getting those backup minutes at the 3 spot or even Quinn.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 04/15/18 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Are those players better then Howard getting those backup minutes at the 3 spot or even Quinn.

Coffey was the 5th overall pick last season.Most people thought Prince's lack of scoring at Baylor hurt her draft position.However,when you look at her senior year numbers,they're very impressive despite averaging only 12 ppg.

Code:
Player min fg% 3fg% ft% reb a to blk stl pts avg
Prince 28.7.469.416.667 5.8 89 37 32 23 446 12.11

47% fg...42% 3ptfg and 89a/37t is damn good.

So to answer your question...maybe...Both players still need some time to develop(Playing time)..What I like about Prince is that she's a natural wing.Despite playing PF in College,I also believe Coffey is a natural SF.Howard IMO is more suited to play backup PF,but can slide to SF depending on the matchup.

scrappy

PostPosted: 04/16/18 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

storm signs brittany mcphee to a training camp contract. is she any good? she is a local girl. i hope she'll make the team. Question

PostPosted: 04/17/18 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reading through this thread reminds me of how sad I am that Stormfans is gone. Did someone say there was a Facebook group or something?

merlina

PostPosted: 04/17/18 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/groups/159470954127180/

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/17/18 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:

Thanks! I remember I saw the explanation somewhere, but I've forgotten. What led to the end of Stormfans? I know when I stopped paying attention Scott was starting to think the direction of shutting it down anyway.

merlina

PostPosted: 04/17/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
merlina wrote:

Thanks! I remember I saw the explanation somewhere, but I've forgotten. What led to the end of Stormfans? I know when I stopped paying attention Scott was starting to think the direction of shutting it down anyway.

I think he said the domain name expired and there had been so little traffic that he just decided not to renew it.

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/17/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Peterson waived

toad455

PostPosted: 04/17/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Alexis Peterson waived

No surprise.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Hughes and Agler have different philosophies, or is Agler just taking his time? Hughes is trimming the fat before camp while Agler keeps putting on the pounds. Surprised

zune69

PostPosted: 04/17/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Alexis Peterson waived

So Seattle wasted a 2017 2nd rd pk?(15th overall)...I understand the 2nd round can sometimes be a crap shoot.But they would've been better off drafting A.Prince,or trading the pick for a future 2nd rounder.

Seattle's draft history is just terrible.The only time they get it right is when they have the #1 overall pick:

Stewart
Loyd
Bird
Jackson

toad455

PostPosted: 04/17/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peterson was a clear cut when they drafted Canada. Quinn will be the defacto 3rd PG.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 04/17/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Peterson was a clear cut when they drafted Canada. Quinn will be the defacto 3rd PG.

Agreed...However,multiple posters on this board were against Seattle drafting Peterson.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

So Seattle wasted a 2017 2nd rd pk?(15th overall)...I understand the 2nd round can sometimes be a crap shoot.But they would've been better off drafting A.Prince,or trading the pick for a future 2nd rounder.

There’s absolutely nothing to show for the 2017 draft class. All three rounds gone.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Alexis Peterson waived

There’s absolutely nothing to show for the 2017 draft class. All three rounds gone.

Exactly...Just wasting assets.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Also gone is the coach responsible for the picks...

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Also gone is the coach responsible for the picks...

But isn't the same GM still there?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Agreed...However, multiple posters on this board were against Seattle drafting Peterson.

Why would they be against it? Peterson at #15 seemed like fair value. I kinda wonder if Peterson got a fair shake. She had to develop under Boucek. Someone like Pokey might be able to spin her into gold.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Agreed...However, multiple posters on this board were against Seattle drafting Peterson.

Why would they be against it? Peterson at #15 seemed like fair value. I kinda wonder if Peterson got a fair shake. She had to develop under Boucek. Someone like Pokey might be able to spin her into gold.

My comment from 2017 Seattle thread

zune69 wrote:

Peterson's shot selection is subpar.She does an inadequate job of setting up her teammates.The ball sticks to her hands(Dibble,dribble,dribble).Peterson racked up a high number of assist,but that's only because she had a high usage rate.Passing the basketball was secondary.She averaged 19 fg attempts per game.Peterson's a combo guard.I believe she can develop into a instant offense player of the bench,but starting pg ?...I doubt it.

Peterson also had a game where she shot 10-37 from the field.

Peterson is a low IQ basketball player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: