Mystics
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Liberty
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 34

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:11 am    ::: Mystics @ Liberty - 9/10/17 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs - Round 2
New York, NY - 5:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2
Online: https://www.espn.com/watch

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170910/WASNYC

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Magic 8 ball says "Go with the home team."

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/07/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Mystics are going to win this game they MUST stop the turnovers!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/07/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If NY is going to win they must stop EDD.

Stokes on EDD take our chances with Zellous guarding K. Thomas?

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If NY is going to win they must stop EDD.

Stokes on EDD take our chances with Zellous guarding K. Thomas?

LOL, I think we agree this is going to be a hard fought, close game.

vallee

PostPosted: 09/08/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've got buses coming up from DC with Mystics fans for the game - look for us behind the Mystics bench - we're bringing the LOUD folks!

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/08/17 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vallee wrote:
We've got buses coming up from DC with Mystics fans for the game - look for us behind the Mystics bench - we're bringing the LOUD folks!

That's okay. So are we. Very Happy

(now with spelling variations)
vallee

PostPosted: 09/08/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We concede that you've got far better arena concessions - as well as NY Pizza Suprema just across the street.
We'll have a good time at MSG, regardless of the outcome.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/08/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going with NY for the win.Cant see Washington beating them playing with the way the Liberty is playing.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of all the variables for this game, I just hope Sugar doesn't go 0-##. Can't have her have another cold night.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/08/17 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Of all the variables for this game, I just hope Sugar doesn't go 0-##. Can't have her have another cold night.

Sugar is the main key for the Libs going far into the playoffs and wining a championship. because we know what Tina Charles is gonna do.

Question is what will the supporting cast is gonna do.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sugar could be a very important positive or negative for the Liberty. But, in my view, the crucial player New York needs to help Charles is Stokes. To beat Washington and to seriously contend for the championship, the Liberty need Stokes to be at her best. Great defense, strong rebounding, and no foul trouble.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like the 5pm start time for this game has helped get people to the game. I'm expecting a [lower bowl] sell-out. Hopefully if there's a ton of walk-ups, which there usually is, they'll open up a small part of the 200s. it also looks like most of the cheaper seats are sold-out. All that remains are the $48+ seats.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/09/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me, DC is going to have to play better than they played against Dallas, as well as better than they played the last several weeks in order to win this game. I thought both of Wednesday night's playoff games were pretty poorly played.

DC's offense started to go in the second half once EDD started kicking the ball out of double teams rather than ignoring them. I don't envision the Liberty being broken down defensively in that manner. For D.C. to win either the Libs stay less true to their defensive principles than they have during the win streak or EDD, EM and KT make some exceptional one on one plays. The latter of those two scenarios is the more likely one in my estimation.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Liberty cannot stop Meesserman and EDD from a double double and Toliver scoring double figures then Liberty will have to scramble to win this game.

Meesserman and EDD are working well together. I see EDD looking for Meesserman on the 3 point line when she is doubled well in the paint and Meesserman doing the same thing.

Tolliver has been scoring in double figures and Liberty have to stop that.

I do not see this game easy for Liberty.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/09/17 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
If Liberty cannot stop Meesserman and EDD from a double double and Toliver scoring double figures then Liberty will have to scramble to win this game.

Meesserman and EDD are working well together. I see EDD looking for Meesserman on the 3 point line when she is doubled well in the paint and Meesserman doing the same thing.

The formulation of "an easy game for the Liberty" is quite strange. Is there any Liberty fan who views tomorrow as "an easy game" for our team? I certainly don't. I believe New York is the better team. I believe New York would win in a three-out-of-five series. But one game against a team with Delle Donne and Meeseman? Quite dangerous.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No. Even if we were facing Indiana or San Antonio tomorrow, I wouldn't feel "easy" about it. We should have beaten #8 seed Phoenix last year and we almost beat Indiana in 2015. We've been so close before, I won't feel good until we beat Washington tomorrow.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/09/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

The formulation of "an easy game for the Liberty" is quite strange. Is there any Liberty fan who views tomorrow as "an easy game" for our team? I certainly don't. I believe New York is the better team. I believe New York would win in a three-out-of-five series. But one game against a team with Delle Donne and Meeseman? Quite dangerous.

I'll put it this way. As soon as I started thinking about the game an hour ago I got a knot in my stomach. Thinking about it now, the knot is back.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am going to do a James Brown song just for you Liberty. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, pound the Mystics into mystery dust. The dust that sorcerers use every time they perform a magic trick. The main problem with this world is that there are too many sorcerers. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 09/09/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harpoon and drown the Mystics,
that swamp thing from D.C.
Expect some big statistics
from the UConn alumnae.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/09/17 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
I'm going with NY for the win.Cant see Washington beating them playing with the way the Liberty is playing.

Yep Idea Arrow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hdpOBy7gt54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Razz

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/10/17 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles scored in single digits 3 times in the regular season. Twice against the Mystics.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/10/17 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

I'll put it this way. As soon as I started thinking about the game an hour ago I got a knot in my stomach. Thinking about it now, the knot is back.

And then some...been this way all week...so much on the line IMHO...the ability to get back to the Semis I think will shape this team for a long time good bad or ugly.

Have to bring the energy we brought when we beat the top 3 teams in a row and then beat DC to secure the bye...the last few games (except Dallas) we seemed to be like we wont lose and put in the starters when we have to but will back off as long as we can to conserve...Dallas we tried that...went down 10 and to our credit we said you wanna challenge, lets go and except for the blunder by Rodgers at the end...played playoff basketball and came out ahead.

I think if the defensive intensity is there, we've proven we can adjust to match our shooting...Still worried because EDD can go off at any moment but The Mystics ive seen since EDDs return even vs Dallas is not a team I see beating us IF we bring it...so we shall see...can NOT come out flat...have to take this will everything. And if we do that we will win

PostPosted: 09/10/17 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I would rather see NY win so the NY fans won't complaining about the one and done for another year.

Razz

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/10/17 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to call it right here, right now. There's no doubt in my mind the Mystics won't leave New York today without a victory.

Go Mystics!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: