RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8651



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blown leads still kill me sometimes. Esp. when those games go into OT. A lot of times I just turn the game off and look up the score after its over.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20715
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Lewis waived, Cayla George signed, for what that's worth.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2270



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Breanna Lewis waived, Cayla George signed, for what that's worth.


I kinda like this pick up. Lewis looked lost out there with no post moves. At least George can hit the baseline jumper occasionally.



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17680



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

George with the Aussie connection with Cambage and Phillips.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7588
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


I agree in Totality ! Cool



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


Sparks, Mercury, Lynx, and maybe the Storm and Sun.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7588
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


Sparks, Mercury, Lynx, and maybe the Storm and Sun.


i Think we will finish Ahead of the Mercury , Storm , Lynx & Possibly Sparks .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5837



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


I agree in Totality ! Cool


In totality, I totally agree! Very Happy

Even with Ready Freddie Spaghetti...


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


Sparks, Mercury, Lynx, and maybe the Storm and Sun.


The Sparks,Sun,and maybe the Storm......The Mercury and Lynx veteran players are running on fumes at this point...Dallas also has a better bench than both teams(when healthy of course)......Not saying Dallas will finish with a better record than Minny/Phoe...But form a talent standpoint,i'll take the Wings over both.

Just look a Dallas' bench:

6-Powers
7-Davis
8-Stevens
9-Thornton
10-Plaisance


Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glory has been out. When she comes back full strength that will be a factor on stability of the team beating teams they are expected to beat as well as beating anyone considered a higher ranking team.
A healthy Plaisance and Powers give options they have not had this year.
They added what is supposed to be an upgrade at post and point guard.
We have not seen the whole effect of a healthy team. I expect a winstreak when healthy.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7588
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Glory has been out. When she comes back full strength that will be a factor on stability of the team beating teams they are expected to beat as well as beating anyone considered a higher ranking team.
A healthy Plaisance and Powers give options they have not had this year.
They added what is supposed to be an upgrade at post and point guard.
We have not seen the whole effect of a healthy team. I expect a winstreak when healthy.


The george addition doesnt seem like an upgrade to me if anything shes a totally different player than Bre lewis . I dont expect george to be down low much rather than floating the 3pt line .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Glory has been out. When she comes back full strength that will be a factor on stability of the team beating teams they are expected to beat as well as beating anyone considered a higher ranking team.
A healthy Plaisance and Powers give options they have not had this year.
They added what is supposed to be an upgrade at post and point guard.
We have not seen the whole effect of a healthy team. I expect a winstreak when healthy.


The george addition doesnt seem like an upgrade to me if anything shes a totally different player than Bre lewis . I dont expect george to be down low much rather than floating the 3pt line .


The intricacies of styles of play per position...
Agreeing about George/Lewis. Consider Plaisance can already do that 3 pt thing. Consider Butler also had more variety of touch shots.
Consider if Fred was not satisfied with Chong, Goodwin offered a more aggressive style, so the new point guard pick up, is she more aggressive? Upgrade?
I have not said anything til today, but adding two while three are injured is odd timing wise. Ya know, sometimes a coach will make odd moves when feeling the pressure to win...
So was Fred making cuts to upgrade and holding players accountable for lack of production?
Can Fred hold himself accountable in the same manner?


shontay33



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 296



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Breanna Lewis waived, Cayla George signed, for what that's worth.


I kinda like this pick up. Lewis looked lost out there with no post moves. At least George can hit the baseline jumper occasionally.


They could have picked up Larkins. She would have given them more than George would off the bench.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20715
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one actually knows what kind of shape Larkins is in, or if she actually wants to play for someone else (or is happy sitting on her couch with the likely payoff of her guaranteed money from Indiana). People keep throwing her name out, but the only real fact we have is that the worst team in the league cut her.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


Sparks, Mercury, Lynx, and maybe the Storm and Sun.


i Think we will finish Ahead of the Mercury , Storm , Lynx & Possibly Sparks .


Have they beaten any of those teams?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57578
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


Sparks, Mercury, Lynx, and maybe the Storm and Sun.


i Think we will finish Ahead of the Mercury , Storm , Lynx & Possibly Sparks .


Have they beaten any of those teams?


They beat the Storm (without Bird)



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I still believe Dallas will win 20+ games...There's only 2 or 3 teams with more overall talent.


Sparks, Mercury, Lynx, and maybe the Storm and Sun.


i Think we will finish Ahead of the Mercury , Storm , Lynx & Possibly Sparks .


Have they beaten any of those teams?


They beat the Storm (without Bird)


Oh yeah, thanks for that.

Where’s SpaceJunkie to point out that if the Lynx can beat the Wings and the Wings can beat the Storm, using the laws of transitivity, the Lynx should be able to sweep the Storm.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/08/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Have they beaten any of those teams?


I never said Dallas was better than the Lynx/Mercury...Just that they have elite level talent,and should win 20+ games.

Mediocre coaching could cause this Wings team to underachieve.


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17183
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Diggins-Smith’s shooting percentage from inside five feet, by year: 57% in 2017, 51% in 2016, 60% in 2014, 48% in 2013. The All-WNBA guard approached her pre-injury mark (set in 2014) last year. She’s 18-34 (53%) from that range through Sunday. Finishes like those with her off-hand allow her to get much more creative in tight scoring windows.


In addition, Diggins is average 7.4 attempts from the free throw line, where is converting at 90 percent.

https://highposthoops.com/2018/06/12/drop-off-12-things-this-weekend-wnba/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard Muldrow got signed by the Wings but not seeing who they cut, suspended or whatever. I don’t think they qualify for an exception any longer if Johnson and Powers are good to go.


Check that. Karima Christmas-Present is out for the remainder of the season.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 06/12/18 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17680



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christmas-Kelly done for season. With Plaisance still out, possibly for most of the season, Wings have used their hardship exemption and signed Teana Muldrow.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Christmas-Kelly is scheduled for knee surgery to address an osteochondral defect in her right knee in the upcoming weeks. The Long Beach, Calif. native will have the procedure take place in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Recovery time will take approximately six months.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn...


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3603



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Damn...

Yup. Damn.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 35 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin