WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Dallas Wings Finalize 2018 Roster
Quote:

The roster features 10 returning players, including All-Star guard Skylar Diggins-Smith, along with veterans Glory Johnson, Karima Christmas-Kelly, and Theresa Plaisance. Fellow returners, Aerial Powers and Kayla Thornton also join the roster. Four members of last year’s rookie class will begin their sophomore season, led by 2017 Rookie of the Year Allisha Gray and 2017 All-Rookie Team member Kaela Davis, as well as Saniya Chong and Breanna Lewis. Rounding out this year’s squad is international sensation, 6-foot-8 center Liz Cambage, and the Wings overall sixth pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft Azurá Stevens.

The Wings are missing Courtney Paris and Evelyn Akhator from 2017.

Who Question Rolling Eyes

Whoa!...Show Courtney Paris some respect.She's led the WNBA in rebounding 2x,and helped Tul/Dal make the playoffs 2x...It's great to have Cambage back.Dallas should be a better team.But let's not be dismissive of a player who put in work for the Tul/Dal franchise.

Shes not on our team anymore , im not going to dwell on the past . Nothing personal but she was apart of our dweller years and played a major role in us not being able to take the next step . I hope she has an amazing season in Seattle , but she will not be missed sorry .

No,Injuries and Cambage not showing up played the biggest role in Dallas being mediocre....Cambage has never made the playoffs...Tulsa had the worst defense in the league even when Cambage did show up...Stop trying to pin all of Tul/Dal defensive problems on Paris..

2 words PICK & ROLL , that was our thorn every season she played with us and everyone in the league knew it. Cambage should be a upgrade with her rim protection . We were owned in the middle with Paris at Center . This was no fluke i saw it every game up close and personal time and time again . Hoping Liz & Azura can resolve those issues of the past. Clear upgrades in my opinion.

It should be an upgrade..But stop acting like Courtney was the only bad defender on the team....Dallas guards have been historically bad at stopping dribble penetration...And Cambage has her own flaws on defense and offense...Liz is bad at guarding players in space,and in transition.She's also foul prone,and turns the ball over at a high rate.

I never said she was the only bad defender. Stop acting like she wasn't the worst defender in the starting line up zune. She didn't lose her starting spot because she got injured guaranteed.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Any 2015 pick will be a RFA after this season. Loyd, Williams and Stokes are locks to get new contracts. Probably Cheyenne Parker, Cloud and Boyd, too. But are teams going to even offer the minimum to players like KML, Zahui B and Hamby?

It depends on how they perform this season.

Yes they will, because those contracts aren't guaranteed.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I never said she was the only bad defender. Stop acting like she wasn't the worst defender in the starting line up zune. She didn't lose her starting spot because she got injured guaranteed.

What does Courtney not starting have to do with anything?...Paris had her worst season in 2017 due to an early season injury...and BTW,Dallas' defense got worse when Courtney missed games.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zune is going into his reflex defending of Paris even though he recognizes she wasn’t the answer in Dallas. Probably won’t be the answer anywhere. I’m hoping she won’t be the answer for SEA. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Zune is going into his reflex defending of Paris even though he recognizes she wasn’t the answer in Dallas. Probably won’t be the answer anywhere. I’m hoping she won’t be the answer for SEA. Wink

Laughing Laughing

Coming off the bench and playing 16-22 minutes is the perfect role for Paris...Unless she decides to do a complete transformation(Improve conditioning,expand/develop her game)

Last edited by zune69 on 05/17/18 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Who would you have started at center in Dallas for the years Paris did? Who was "the answer"? Not every team can have a National Team center demand to be traded to them. Why are you rooting against Courtney Paris?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m rooting against SEA (not Paris) because..... DUH!

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m rooting against SEA (not Paris) because..... DUH!

same reason I'm rooting for them. Laughing

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uggghhhh! So they red of reading about Paris in the Dallas thread. Thought we were done with her. Pretty much everyone pointed to the 5 as dallas’ glaring Weakness for both years they were in Dallas. That kids nd of squarely falls on Courtney’s shoulders. As a season ticket holder , it’s nothing but frustration watching her. In the rare instance she did provide quality minutes, it was only a couple before opposing teams found a way and Lund her and rendered her completely ineffective.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Uggghhhh! So they red of reading about Paris in the Dallas thread. Thought we were done with her. Pretty much everyone pointed to the 5 as dallas’ glaring Weakness for both years they were in Dallas. That kids nd of squarely falls on Courtney’s shoulders. As a season ticket holder , it’s nothing but frustration watching her. In the rare instance she did provide quality minutes, it was only a couple before opposing teams found a way and Lund her and rendered her completely ineffective.

+1

PostPosted: 05/18/18 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Paris was a big reason (no pun intended) why Dallas defense was bad certainly in pick&roll situations. But come on lets not pretend that Glory and Diggins were any good either. Also having a coach who doesnt care about defense doesnt help

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 05/18/18 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings have never played good defense, but I think it is the personnel, not Fred that is the problem. When Fred coached the Dream, they were one of the best, if not the best defensive teams in the WNBA. Dream had some good defensive players - Lyttle, Herrington, Angel, Erika, J. Thomas for ex. Dream made it to the finals on their defense not their offense.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/18/18 6:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
The Wings have never played good defense, but I think it is the personnel, not Fred that is the problem. When Fred coached the Dream, they were one of the best, if not the best defensive teams in the WNBA. Dream had some good defensive players - Lyttle, Herrington, Angel, Erika, J. Thomas for ex. Dream made it to the finals on their defense not their offense.

I dont see any reason why Glory, Diggins, Powers couldnt be good defenders. Pretty athletic players. It is obvious that the team and those players preferred offense last season and outscore other teams. To me that is about mindset and that is up to the coach

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 05/18/18 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It could be more due to Meadors (and Ross) instilling the defensive emphasis on the old Dream. Given their lack of a half court game it was their best way to win games. The players themselves have to take some responsibility for it as well though. The Wings players don't ever seem to have done that. This year will be their chance to do so if they really want to be a contender.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/18/18 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It could be more due to Meadors (and Ross) instilling the defensive emphasis on the old Dream. Given their lack of a half court game it was their best way to win games. The players themselves have to take some responsibility for it as well though. The Wings players don't ever seem to have done that. This year will be their chance to do so if they really want to be a contender.

Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships. This squad will not know what a championship smells like until they embrace playing tough defense.

PostPosted: 05/20/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

per Twitter:

Quote:
DALLAS WINGS INJURY UPDATE

Dallas Wings forward Glory Johnson suffered a hamstring injury on Friday, May 18, and is expected to be out approximately 4 weeks.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/21/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just wanted to say "i LOVE liz , have since Day 1 never waivered" even if she does not retire a wing im so grateful! Shes the WNBA's version of "THE PROCESS" Trust the process people....Trust!

PostPosted: 05/21/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My bucket list has decreased by one. I saw Bigfoot play a WNBA game. Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
My bucket list has decreased by one. I saw Bigfoot play a WNBA game. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing #TrustTheProcessa

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just had a magical thought! If we play all year like we did tonight maybe we can get our shot at ................Yes im saying it PP's Laughing Laughing We can get a pick anywhere between 1-5 then draft either Durr or KLS then we wont be such a horrible perimeter shooting team right?......right Smile

PostPosted: 05/24/18 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I just had a magical thought! If we play all year like we did tonight maybe we can get our shot at ................Yes im saying it PP's Laughing Laughing We can get a pick anywhere between 1-5 then draft either Durr or KLS then we wont be such a horrible perimeter shooting team right?......right Smile

If this squad does not make the playoffs then Fred should be fired the day after the season ends. Mad

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If this squad does not make the playoffs then Fred should be fired the day after the season ends. Mad

I agree. Too much talent for that type pf showing.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Let's wait to judge until the Wings are 100%.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/24/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Let's wait to judge until the Wings are 100%.

Rockhard gave the important qualifier "If this squad does not make the playoffs". We aren't lynching Fred yet. But if the Wings don't even make the playoffs this season (barring serious injury issues), it would hard to keep him at the helm.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/24/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They should let go of him even if he makes the playoffs.
ATL let him go after losing the 2013(?) Finals. They probably figured out he wasn’t the main reason they made it to the finals. Only thing is... you gotta find somebody that’s for sure better than him. Don’t pull another Cooper out of the hat. Would Lieberman be interested and would she be any better? Just one idea, not saying it was a great one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 31 of 41

Jump to: