Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/13/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...

I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.

Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. The didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.

I can't imagine there is much of a market for her rights, and it costs them nothing to hold on to them.

If there's no market for her why should Dallas want to keep her? Wouldn't that make her dead weight?

You could always give that dead weight to the Storm Wink

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UK1996

PostPosted: 09/13/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.

Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. The didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.

I can't imagine there is much of a market for her rights, and it costs them nothing to hold on to them.

If there's no market for her why should Dallas want to keep her? Wouldn't that make her dead weight?

I'm sure Fred would trade Cambage for Stewart. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/13/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

No. If she doesn't show up, she doesn't count against their cap or their roster size in any way. They can hold those rights forever with them having no effect.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/14/17 3:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

Laughing her shoes maybe Razz

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/17 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

No we would not .

PostPosted: 09/14/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

We'll see who's laughing when Dallas is in the WNBA Finals and the Seattle organization is left scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.... again.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

We'll see who's laughing when Dallas is in the WNBA Finals and the Seattle organization is left scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.... again.

Amen Shades ! Amen ! #WaitForIt

PostPosted: 09/14/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a GM I would trade Cambage for Stewie because I would think I will get 15 years from Stewie and maybe 2 or 3 from Cambage at the most. Cambage may get you one championship but then I would have the impression she would cross it off her bucket list and that would be that. On the other hand I think Stewie could well lead her team to a championship and possibly more than one.

But then I'm just a basement dweller.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would trade Cambage for Stewart but I wouldn't trade Stewart for Cambage

toad455

PostPosted: 09/14/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage has very little trade value. Only way a team trades for her is if a signed contract is included.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/15/17 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

If it went wrong again then it wont be because we had Stewart instead of Cambage.. I wonder if you would trade Maya for Cambage if you didnt have Fowles..

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 09/21/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Cambage a few weeks ago at Burning Man of all places. I asked her and she said she's definitely playing in Dallas next season. She also looked in great shape. She was a joy to chat with.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/21/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
I saw Cambage a few weeks ago at Burning Man of all places. I asked her and she said she's definitely playing in Dallas next season. She also looked in great shape. She was a joy to chat with.

Good to hear, Hopefully she can remain healthy from now thru the 2018 WNBA finals.

Last edited by #Occasionalwnbafan on 09/21/17 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/21/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

Good to hear, Hopefully she can remain healthy from thru the 2018 WNBA finals.

x___________

PostPosted: 09/21/17 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A 65 minute podcast with Liz Cambage and the host:
Club Angels: B-ball and Burning Man with Liz Cambage

She hadn't been to Burning Man yet. Was going to fly to LA, rent an RV (we) and go to an Eclipse festival in Portland and then Burning Man.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 09/21/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

She hadn't been to Burning Man yet. Was going to fly to LA, rent an RV (we) and go to an Eclipse festival in Portland and then Burning Man.

I actually met her at the medical tent. I had dust stuck in my eye and she cut her leg. 😝

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/21/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
tfan wrote:

I actually met her at the medical tent. I had dust stuck in my eye and she cut her leg. 😝

Music To My Ears! Come Come Camb*tch! We are the future! #WingsFFL

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Did you just go#WingsFFL!!!
I think we just became bestfriend!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/22/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Did you just go#WingsFFL!!!
I think we just became bestfriend!!!

Bestfriend!! WFFL is a culture ! Lets spread the words Cool Cool Wink Wink

PostPosted: 09/28/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage's durability is my biggest concern.She's never been able to stay injury free for an extended period of time.Playing in the WNBL/Commonwealth Games prior to the start of the WNBA season will be a good test.If she's healthy,I believe Cambage's intentions of joining dallas in 2018 will become a reality....Backing out at this point would destroy Cambage's credibility,and put Phillip's job security at risk.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Phillip's job doesn't hinge on Cambage coming over. I believe the organization likes her and she's qualified for the job.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting Cambage to play for Dallas is Phillips only job.She's otherwise useless to the wings franchise.Dallas would be better off hiring a defensive coach.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/29/17 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/erin-phillips-joins-dallas-wings-director-player-franchise-development/

Quote:
Phillips, who spent nine years in the WNBA while also appearing in two Olympics with her native Australia, will work closely with the Wings basketball operations department in a number of capacities. This will include on-court player development, game planning, scouting and draft preparation. Additionally, she will assist the players with off-court development initiatives, serving as a liaison between the roster and staff in areas such as strength and conditioning, nutrition and sports psychology. The two-time WNBA Champion will also serve the organization in a business role, assisting with corporate partnership engagement, ticket sales initiatives and community involvement.

Here's her job description from the hiring news release. Sounds like she has a lot to do.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/erin-phillips-joins-dallas-wings-director-player-franchise-development/

Quote:
Phillips, who spent nine years in the WNBA while also appearing in two Olympics with her native Australia, will work closely with the Wings basketball operations department in a number of capacities. This will include on-court player development, game planning, scouting and draft preparation. Additionally,she will assist the players with off-court development initiatives, serving as a liaison between the roster and staff in areas such as strength and conditioning, nutrition and sports psychology. The two-time WNBA Champion will also serve the organization in a business role, assisting with corporate partnership engagement, ticket sales initiatives and community involvement.

Here's her job description from the hiring news release. Sounds like she has a lot to do.

Okay.....I'm all for the bolded part as long as Phillips' job description is geared towards the entire team.But if she's helping the strength,conditioning,nutrition and sports psychology of just one player(Cambage),I'm going to be pissed off.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/29/17 4:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:
Phillips, who spent nine years in the WNBA while also appearing in two Olympics with her native Australia, will work closely with the Wings basketball operations department in a number of capacities. This will include on-court player development, game planning, scouting and draft preparation. Additionally,she will assist the players with off-court development initiatives, serving as a liaison between the roster and staff in areas such as strength and conditioning, nutrition and sports psychology. The two-time WNBA Champion will also serve the organization in a business role, assisting with corporate partnership engagement, ticket sales initiatives and community involvement.

Okay.....I'm all for the bolded part as long as Phillips' job description is geared towards the entire team.But if she's helping the strength,conditioning,nutrition and sports psychology of just one player(Cambage),I'm going to be pissed off.

I think the whole team can learn from her work ethic, conditioning, defensive mentality..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 3 of 41

Jump to: