RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45135



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:30 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2018 Reply Reply with quote

The Return of
CAMBAGE



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:31 pm    ::: Re: Dallas Wings 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The Return of
CAMBAGE


Wouldn't be so sure if Drop Dead Fred gets the boot.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Fire Fred.

2.Hire Eric Thibault,K.Smith,or A.Donovan...Donovan would be the best coach for Cambage....And Please,do not hire M.Cooper.He gives his players too much freedom to screw up.

3.Hire a defensive assistant coach.

4.If Cambage does not show up in 2018,fire Phillips.

5.Draft Russell.

6.Christmas ?

7.Davis ?

8.Re-sign Paris.

9.Can Powers reign in her game playing with Cambage,Johnson,and Diggins ?

RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...


Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true..... dallas could sign Coates,draft Russell,and let Paris walk.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:


I love mercedes , but she is not what we need. Our pick and roll.defense and rebounding hunger is the main weakness. Russell's slow feet barred by injury would just make it worse
She rebounds ever so often tallying high numbers against smaller teams yet still managing to hold her own against big competition . Seeing as though shes there primary and only rebounder that makes her #'s look better than her true impact. Not saying she does not impact a game because her offensive skillset is unmatched by any true post player in this draft. Just dont think shes a good fit here in Arlington. This is.coming from a LVFFL btw .


Russell's size and length would greatly help dallas' interior defense.She has plenty of time to work on her pick and roll defense.Griner wasn't the best pick and roll defender coming out of college.But she's markedly improved over the last 4 years.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:


I love mercedes , but she is not what we need. Our pick and roll.defense and rebounding hunger is the main weakness. Russell's slow feet barred by injury would just make it worse
She rebounds ever so often tallying high numbers against smaller teams yet still managing to hold her own against big competition . Seeing as though shes there primary and only rebounder that makes her #'s look better than her true impact. Not saying she does not impact a game because her offensive skillset is unmatched by any true post player in this draft. Just dont think shes a good fit here in Arlington. This is.coming from a LVFFL btw .


Russell's size and length would greatly help dallas' interior defense.She has plenty of time to work on her pick and roll defense.Griner wasn't the best pick and roll defender coming out of college.But she's markedly improved over the last 4 years.


We dont need a player thats still improving. If cambage comes over that sums up our interior defense issue. Adding Russell wouldnt really make a difference with all the off season issues we might have to address. I stick with drafting billings due to Glo Jos future being very uncertain at this time.



But how many seasons will Cambage show up for ?.....what happens in 2019 and 2020 when she's a no show ?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4306
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.


Laughing I'm sorry Laughing


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45135



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.



You still have Shaqator tho. She comes Curt Miller certified.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20930



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Russell is very similar to Hamblin. Some say she is more athletic but I haven't seen that yet. She can rebound but doesn't have great hands. I suspect she doesn't have the rocket scientist brain of Hamblin (for better or worse). Is she as good as Boyette? Maybe. She will have a chance to show us this year at UTenn...then we basement dwellers can make a prediction. At this point, I would hesitate to base my season on her being a difference maker at the pro level.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course it depends on who's still left on the board.

As of right now:

Wilson>Russell
Williams>Russell....trade one of our wings for a post
Mitchell> Russell.....trade one of our wings for a post
Deshileds>Russell.....trade one of our wings for a post

I love Canada,Billings and Nared...But do you draft Billings when you already have Ahkator,Thornton,and Johnson ?...do you draft Nared when you already have Powers,Davis,and maybe Christmas ?....Do you draft Canada when you already have a 32+ mpg pg ?

I'm sure my opinion will change 100 times between now and the draft....Still lots of ???...Cambage's playing status.will she commit for 1 yr or multiple yrs ?...will Glory get traded ?...How will the draft picks perform during the season ?...will any underclasswomen enter the draft ?...How will Diamond perform in Turkey ?...will Coates become a free agent ?


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4078



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 4:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So first the easy version

Get Cambage to show up
Draft Billings at #6 (I'm assuming Russell because of her size and maybe having a better season this year is off the board at #6)
keep all your wings
Play Thorton at the 3 and 4
move Powers into starting line up

Diggins/Chong
Gray/Davis
Powers/Christmas/Thorton
G. Johnson/Billings/Plaisance
Cambage/Paris

This looks pretty good to me. More complicated ideas later.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19636
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...


Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true.....

It's not. Complete nonsense.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...


Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true.....

It's not. Complete nonsense.


Thanks.......only way we get Coates is by trade.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45135



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...


Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true.....

It's not. Complete nonsense.


Thanks.......only way we get Coates is by trade.


If she reenters the draft, she could be there at #6.
If she reenters the draft, she loses her top 4 salary.
Is that enough of a deterrent to stop her from reentering the draft? Could be.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...


Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true.....

It's not. Complete nonsense.


Thanks.......only way we get Coates is by trade.


If she reenters the draft, she could be there at #6.
If she reenters the draft, she loses her top 4 salary.
Is that enough of a deterrent to stop her from reentering the draft? Could be.



Dallas could offer Chicago the #6 for Coates.Seattle unfortunately has a greater need for a center,and a higher draft pick.Maybe dallas sweetens the deal by coring Christmas then packaging her with the #6 pick for Coates.


shontay33



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 246



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas does not need any more draft picks. They have a good young core. They need rim protection and a legit post player. If Cambage comes back then that will solve that problem. I also think Christmas-Kelly should be traded to a veteran team so that Davis can play the 3. Bring Powers off of the bench.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1317



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmm so Powers then takes out that player in practice so she can start Laughing Laughing


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4078



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...


Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true.....

It's not. Complete nonsense.


Thanks.......only way we get Coates is by trade.


If she reenters the draft, she could be there at #6.
If she reenters the draft, she loses her top 4 salary.
Is that enough of a deterrent to stop her from reentering the draft? Could be.


I believe if Coates play over-seas she can not re-enter the draft and becomes Reserve status in Chicago. Similar to say Torrens with Conn for years when she didn't come over.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1191



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if The sky would be interested in Davis and number 6 for one of there lottery picks, after watching some Gabby Williams highlights she would be a big help to the wings, and should be able to make the jump to small forward, she plays with a lot of intensity.
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2706
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are two things during 2018 that I am waiting for with great anticipation. One, the appearance of Big Foot wearing a Wings uniform for the entire 2018 season. Two, Coates signing a contract with the Sky. This action will kill the endless hypothesis on this board about her being drafted AGAIN in the 2018 draft.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1317



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I wonder if The sky would be interested in Davis and number 6 for one of there lottery picks, after watching some Gabby Williams highlights she would be a big help to the wings, and should be able to make the jump to small forward, she plays with a lot of intensity.


But who do they get rid of to make space, she would definitely be a defensive upgrade Laughing


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2961



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I wonder if The sky would be interested in Davis and number 6 for one of there lottery picks, after watching some Gabby Williams highlights she would be a big help to the wings, and should be able to make the jump to small forward, she plays with a lot of intensity.


But who do they get rid of to make space, she would definitely be a defensive upgrade Laughing


He suggested Kaela Davis.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1317



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry I misread the first time, thanks.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14693



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, no need for Davis & DeShields. Davis & the #6 pick to Chicago for the #3/#4 pick?

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Powers
SF: Christmas/DeShields/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/#6 pick



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2830
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, no need for Davis & DeShields. Davis & the #6 pick to Chicago for the #3/#4 pick?

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Powers
SF: Christmas/DeShields/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/#6 pick


If the Sky would want Davis so much, they would've/could've/should've just drafted her at pick #9 the past draft then.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paris was one of the only bright spots for the wings in yesterdays game.Unless dallas acquires a better backup,or Paris demands a max contract,dallas should re-sign Paris....Courtney had one of her worst seasons due to the knee injury that she suffered against the stars.It took some time,but it appears that coach Taj is having a positive impact on CP.Paris definitely played better over the last couple of games.

I have no problem with dallas severing ties with CP.But i'd like to see them acquire a good backup or young post with upside before they let Paris walk.


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5654
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, no need for Davis & DeShields. Davis & the #6 pick to Chicago for the #3/#4 pick?


Oh please god no



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45135



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Paris was one of the only bright spots for the wings in yesterdays game.Unless dallas acquires a better backup,or Paris demands a max contract,dallas should re-sign Paris....Courtney had one of her worst seasons due to the knee injury that she suffered against the stars.It took some time,but it appears that coach Taj is having a positive impact on CP.Paris definitely played better over the last couple of games.

I have no problem with dallas severing ties with CP.But i'd like to see them acquire a good backup or young post with upside before they let Paris walk.


Didn't you want Russell? I mean if Art went from hating her not that long ago to recommending her, there must be something to it.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
allenleavell



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 630



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.

Best post I have seen years. She is very athletic and has all the moves in tool box. Wings need her or Aja Wilson. One of the two!!! Twisted Evil


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5979



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Paris was one of the only bright spots for the wings in yesterdays game.Unless dallas acquires a better backup,or Paris demands a max contract,dallas should re-sign Paris....Courtney had one of her worst seasons due to the knee injury that she suffered against the stars.It took some time,but it appears that coach Taj is having a positive impact on CP.Paris definitely played better over the last couple of games.

I have no problem with dallas severing ties with CP.But i'd like to see them acquire a good backup or young post with upside before they let Paris walk.


Didn't you want Russell? I mean if Art went from hating her not that long ago to recommending her, there must be something to it.


If Cambage makes a temporary return(plays 2018,skips 2019 & 20) Dallas will still need another post to pair with Russell.There's always the option of signing,or trading for a post player(Boyette,Stokes,Alexander,Morelle,Coates),then using our draft pick on L.Brown,Billings.Deshields,or Nared.Letting Paris walk without securing the center position wouldn't be the smartest move.....Paris has her faults,but she's still one of the better backup centers in the league.

Dallas' real need for the 2018 draft is still up in the air.The wings could sign Cambage to a 4 yr deal,re-sign Paris,then draft L.Brown or Nared....Anything can and will happen over the next 7 month.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4078



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok something a little more out there

G. Johnson to Atl for E. Williams

Atl goes half show-time half bad girls, Dallas improves its defense and gets bigger

Atl
Clarendon/draft pick free agent
Hayes/Sykes/T. Young
McCoughtry/Holmes
G. Johnson/Dantas/Lyttle
Boyette/draft pick or Free agent

I'd be pretty intimidated by that starting line up

Dallas (Draft Billings @ #6)
Diggins/Chong
Gray/A. Davis
Powers/Christmas/Thorton
E. Williams/Billings/Plaisance
Cambage/Paris

This team looks balanced and deep and if Cambage leaves after 18 you can continue to build with Williams at the Center and Billings at the PF spot.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6707



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know J-Spoon. I can see the logic there, and Dream would be getting a more productive player in the deal. However, from Atlanta's viewpoint it relies a lot on Boyette to produce or we pretty much have nothing in the center position. Dantas along with an ageing Sancho are not ideal at the 4 position, but that would be better than a big hole in the middle. 4 seems to be the most overstocked position in the WNBA so maybe one can be found in FA (not that the Dream have ever done well in FA) or by trading out 2019 draft pick.

Dallas fans can address it from their perspective so I won't.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45135



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Atlanta
Clarendon/draft pick free agent
Hayes/Sykes/T. Young
McCoughtry/Holmes
G. Johnson/Dantas/Lyttle
Boyette/draft pick or Free agent


Bad girls, bad girls
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do
When pilight boos at you
Bad girls, bad girls

Lemme give you the complete bad girls redeaux.
This is lineup that'll make Laimbeer lift his brow and take notice.

Clarendon/Ajavon(Gotta keep her around)
Hayes/Sykes/MMoore(That's Mariya, chippiest guard in draft class and LOU product)
McCoughtry/Powers/TYoung
G. Johnson/Lyttle
LLeslie/Boyette

Dantas and Holmes are class acts, so you package them up in a deal for Powers.

Leslie is still in shape and looking for something to do besides being a D-level celebrity in Hollywood. She has recent ties with McCoughtry, who is running this show.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6707



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades you really need to post this in the Minnesota, I mean Atlanta thread to get the most exposure.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5647



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Offseason to-do list: Dallas Wings need to bring Australian star Liz Cambage back to the WNBA



Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2706
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Offseason to-do list: Dallas Wings need to bring Australian star Liz Cambage back to the WNBA


We have a Big Foot sighting! Very Happy



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5051
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity Cambage faithful, what makes you think she's as good as you remember or is (or will be) in game shape enough to compete with the best centers and forwards in the league?
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17803



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Just out of curiosity Cambage faithful, what makes you think she's as good as you remember or is (or will be) in game shape enough to compete with the best centers and forwards in the league?

I think she is good enough to be a valuable player even if she is only in so-so shape (which is the shape I'm guessing she is in right now, ahead of the WNBL season that starts 4 weeks from now). The Olympics showed that she can still play basketball. So did that pre-Olympic friendly against the USA when she put up 22 & 8 in 24 minutes vs Fowles, Griner & Charles.
The unknown is where her head is at. How motivated is she to play in the WNBA, let alone play to her peak there? If she is willing to put the preparation in then she's the 3rd best centre in the league IMO. That's a major addition for a team desperate just to compete in the paint, let alone have a threat there.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14489
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/17 2:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Just out of curiosity Cambage faithful, what makes you think she's as good as you remember or is (or will be) in game shape enough to compete with the best centers and forwards in the league?

I think she is good enough to be a valuable player even if she is only in so-so shape (which is the shape I'm guessing she is in right now, ahead of the WNBL season that starts 4 weeks from now). The Olympics showed that she can still play basketball. So did that pre-Olympic friendly against the USA when she put up 22 & 8 in 24 minutes vs Fowles, Griner & Charles.
The unknown is where her head is at. How motivated is she to play in the WNBA, let alone play to her peak there? If she is willing to put the preparation in then she's the 3rd best centre in the league IMO. That's a major addition for a team desperate just to compete in the paint, let alone have a threat there.


Tbh she already looks in much better shape then she was at the Olympics. A lot lighter. I saw a picture of her on snapchat while she posed at a picture from the Olympics. The difference was night and day. She looked 10 kg lighter.

Gameshape is different though but she has the wnbl season for that. Getting in gameshape is also a lot easier when you are more fit and less heavy



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17803



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 4:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cambage has big plans as she aims to play for the Opals at next year's Commonwealth Games and World Championships plus return to the WNBA where she has one more year on her rookie contract with Dallas Wings, where Erin Phillips works.

"I've just had a year off and now I'm ready to be focused and take everything that comes in basketball," Cambage said.

"It will be crazy going from WNBL to Comm Games back to America and then world champs in the middle of the WNBA season and back to the WNBA. It will be a crazy year but I'm ready for it."

Liz Cambage back with Melbourne Boomers, on track to start new WNBL season



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14693



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
Cambage has big plans as she aims to play for the Opals at next year's Commonwealth Games and World Championships plus return to the WNBA where she has one more year on her rookie contract with Dallas Wings, where Erin Phillips works.

"I've just had a year off and now I'm ready to be focused and take everything that comes in basketball," Cambage said.

"It will be crazy going from WNBL to Comm Games back to America and then world champs in the middle of the WNBA season and back to the WNBA. It will be a crazy year but I'm ready for it."

Liz Cambage back with Melbourne Boomers, on track to start new WNBL season


It'll be more like WNBL-Commonwealth Games-WNBA-World Championships.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8495



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2706
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13960
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same here. I'll believe it when I see it. It would be great for Dallas if she were to show up, but there is no way they should plan on it.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14693



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2706
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. They didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.


Last edited by Rock Hard on 11/25/17 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19636
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

Or she could just get hurt. When your focus isn't always on basketball you're also not focussing on staying in shape, which makes breakdown injuries more likely. And if she's feeling the wear and tear, which of those competitions does her history suggest she's most likely to skip?

The Commonwealth Games is really a hilarious waste of time for someone as good as Cambage - the Aussies could probably win it with their under-16 team. But it's in Australia next year, so there's obviously a bigger draw for Aussies to play at home. It's frankly a pretty weird year for her to decide to bother with the WNBA again, considering all the other crap going on.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13960
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. The didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.


I can't imagine there is much of a market for her rights, and it costs them nothing to hold on to them.


hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5051
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. The didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.


I can't imagine there is much of a market for her rights, and it costs them nothing to hold on to them.


If there's no market for her why should Dallas want to keep her? Wouldn't that make her dead weight?
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5051
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...


I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.


Same.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin