RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?

She did sign a multi-year deal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?

Probably means just a two year deal. She'll be a RFA after 2019 season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

I could see her trying to make her way to LA, I’m sure Dallas will match, but she could sit out unless they are willing to move her. Maybe trading her for Nneka would work if Liz has another solid season next year.
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/01/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

I could see her trying to make her way to LA, I’m sure Dallas will match, but she could sit out unless they are willing to move her. Maybe trading her for Nneka would work if Liz has another solid season next year.

I don't see Dallas letting Liz go, especially after doing all of the work to get her back in the league. I would LOVE for Nneka to be on the Wings, but she is the heir to Parker for be the face of the Sparks.

At this point, could Liz be the ONLY untouchable player on the Wings?

Mojo

PostPosted: 08/02/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

I don't see Dallas letting Liz go, especially after doing all of the work to get her back in the league. I would LOVE for Nneka to be on the Wings, but she is the heir to Parker for be the face of the Sparks.

At this point, could Liz be the ONLY untouchable player on the Wings?

Untouchable
The term is hard to look as absolute when a player like della donne (and others) can be thought of as untouchable, then demand a trade...and so much for untouchable. With the low salary cap, teams can either find the trade or watch their star go make big bucks elsewhere while sitting out the WNBA. But as far as untouchable value, Liz and Skylar are at the top

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/02/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since her T was rescinded i wish they could rescind that 1 pt! We would have went to OT instead of losing by 1. #DamnRefs

PostPosted: 08/10/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings list All-Star Liz Cambage as questionable to play against Atlanta Dream, status for road trip unknown

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/08/09/source-wings-star-liz-cambage-listed-questionable-play-atlanta-dream

Quote:
The team will have a decision on her status for the upcoming three-game road trip on Friday.

PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh look, it's a Wings player liable to miss time due to a totally-not-a-concussion-we-swear-honest. Can't remember that ever happening before...

PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Oh look, it's a Wings player liable to miss time due to a totally-not-a-concussion-we-swear-honest. Can't remember that ever happening before...

Neither can the players...

PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Neither can the players...

That was subtle... Laughing Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 08/10/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That end of season losing streak is looking more and more likely.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24381686/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-says-return-wnba-2019-the-air

Quote:
"I've said this many times: [The WNBA] doesn't pay my bills ... playing here doesn't pay my bills," Cambage said. "We make more money overseas. I'm ready to have next summer off and focus on getting a European contract where its 10 seasons here worth the pay.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24381686/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-says-return-wnba-2019-the-air

Quote:
"I've said this many times: [The WNBA] doesn't pay my bills ... playing here doesn't pay my bills," Cambage said. "We make more money overseas. I'm ready to have next summer off and focus on getting a European contract where its 10 seasons here worth the pay.

That pretty much sums up their season. It loses it's fun aspect when you lose, and I'm sure flying coach in that big body is not fun! She clearly doesn't like the physicality. I can totally see her point and can't blame her, but Dallas will need to do a total re-start without her. I doubt we will ever see her again in the W.

- Amanda Gorman
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She isn't wrong. The WNBA is not able to do what the overseas leagues are. Heck, I'd probably have the same perspective.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do other leagues like the WNBL and China have different rule books, or do they just call the game closer to the rule book? Or maybe players are not as inclined to break the rules.

Fred getting fired may have been a factor as well in her deciding 2019 was unlikely.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage whines about the physicality in Australia, she whines about the physicality in the WNBA, and from what I remember she tended to get frustrated enough to elbow people in the head in China. At some point she may have to accept that what she considers overly physical is what most people call 'basketball'.

On the other stuff, I totally see where she's coming from. A lot of players want to play in the US because they're American, and it means playing in their home country, occasionally on ESPN, often in front of friends and family. That doesn't apply to her. Some players are driven to test themselves in the most competitive, talent-concentrated league in the world - but Liz has never really seemed to be motivated like that. Some have such an obsession with basketball that they want to keep playing wherever wants them - and again that doesn't apply to Liz.

Given all that, from her perspective, I can see why she's just not all that drawn to coming back to the WNBA year after year. Makes it a pain in the ass for the WIngs to try to build their team, though.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
She isn't wrong. The WNBA is not able to do what the overseas leagues are. Heck, I'd probably have the same perspective.

But she uses the notoriety gained by doing well in the WNBA to secure the mega-money contracts. Record high scoring game in WNBA and near MVP performance has gotta be worth top dollar. Well-played, Cambage. In that way, the WNBA more than pays the bills. But she probably doesn’t look at it that way. She just looks at all the fines she gets from the WNBA.

There could be other reasons she might not want to return, like the firing of Fred. Maybe hiring Erin Phillips will ease that pain if there was any. Maybe this kind of talk is Cambage’s way of influencing her hire.

Or maybe all the stuff with the refs.... she wants the players (namely her) to be allowed to be more emotional even though she’s kind of a big baby when stuff happens to her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:

Yes , Im not surprised to hear Liz say these things. She's speaking the truth , and i dont blame her. Sucks for us Wings fans though , but i wont be mad. Maybe this is something Fred also knew and decided to slide into the lottery as a back up plan. Bibb might not have been the in the loop to understand and gave him the boot too soon ? Nvm Fred was horrible no such thing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This season in the WNBA probably gives her a big increase on whatever the next contract she signs is. Who wouldn't want a player that scored 53 points in the WNBA game? Bad news for Dallas but even without Cambage they have a team as good as most with the right coaching. Maybe Johnson could play the 5 in the same way that undersized players like Howard and Sanders are doing. Stevens at the 4. If Christmas comes back Gray and Diggins along with a good draft pick they should be fine. Despite all the points and rebounds Liz has not helped Dallas improve its record over last season. They need a good coach more than they need Liz.

I'd love to see her stick around - she is one of my favorites but I get what she is saying.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

This comment is from July. See how quickly she flip-flops? That’s like SpaceJunkie flip-flopping on how he feels about Reeve and the Howard trade Wink

Cambage is very moody and not very filtered (kinda like people on this board). If the reporter catches her with these questions after a disappointing (8th in a row?) loss, she’s going to give moody answers she may or may not mean later. If I was Bibb, I would consider pampering Cambage’s butt in whatever legal ways he can. Make her feel like the diva she yearns to be (think Mariah Carey of the basketball world). Maybe a free driver, maybe flowers delivered on the daily? It’s probably not really all about the money. Just make her feel wanted.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/15/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well,I said it before Liz made her return....Cambage is using the WNBA as leverage to get a big overseas contract(nothing wrong with that)....Once she signs a lucrative deal,she's going to split.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I take this as this will be her last season in the W.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz "Big Foot" Cambage may be back next year. I mean gone.

Too bad they speak the language in Australia. Otherwise Bibb could just hire a "translator" to say the right things no matter what the player say herself.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/15/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there's a 80/20 chance Liz doesn't comeback to the WNBA in 2019. Greg Bibb probably wants to get into the lottery for Brown or McCowan

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/15/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This season in the WNBA probably gives her a big increase on whatever the next contract she signs is. Who wouldn't want a player that scored 53 points in the WNBA game? Bad news for Dallas but even without Cambage they have a team as good as most with the right coaching. Maybe Johnson could play the 5 in the same way that undersized players like Howard and Sanders are doing. Stevens at the 4. If Christmas comes back Gray and Diggins along with a good draft pick they should be fine. Despite all the points and rebounds Liz has not helped Dallas improve its record over last season. They need a good coach more than they need Liz.

I'd love to see her stick around - she is one of my favorites but I get what she is saying.

I agree with this, I’m not really sold on Gray being an impact player tho, the wings will need someone who could go off consistently in the draft if they want to still be competitive next year without Liz. Maybe they could move up and take Durr in the draft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 38 of 41

Jump to: