RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Plaisance is ready to play, I'd be tempted to cut George before the deadline for flexibility. She's basically just been their low-rent replacement for Plaisance anyway, plus she's not that good to start with.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Musina?.....O'Hea?.....Hooper?...


Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If Plaisance is ready to play, I'd be tempted to cut George before the deadline for flexibility. She's basically just been their low-rent replacement for Plaisance anyway, plus she's not that good to start with.


The mobility of George looks limited.

Did anyone notice Romero bring the ball up court the first time when Beard picked her pocket how Romero seemed to give up for a couple of seconds when she should have been going after the ball?


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 228



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
If Plaisance is ready to play, I'd be tempted to cut George before the deadline for flexibility. She's basically just been their low-rent replacement for Plaisance anyway, plus she's not that good to start with.


The mobility of George looks limited.

Did anyone notice Romero bring the ball up court the first time when Beard picked her pocket how Romero seemed to give up for a couple of seconds when she should have been going after the ball?


I saw that. I'm actually surprised they signed her. She's a slower PG that doesn't fit the Wings uptempo style. They should sign Jessica January imo.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49347



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
If Plaisance is ready to play, I'd be tempted to cut George before the deadline for flexibility. She's basically just been their low-rent replacement for Plaisance anyway, plus she's not that good to start with.


The mobility of George looks limited.

Did anyone notice Romero bring the ball up court the first time when Beard picked her pocket how Romero seemed to give up for a couple of seconds when she should have been going after the ball?


I saw that. I'm actually surprised they signed her. She's a slower PG that doesn't fit the Wings uptempo style. They should sign Jessica January imo.


It’s probably not fair to judge her on one play.

But I wonder if Dallas might be interested in Allen once Jefferson returns to the court. It would be kinda novel to have Diggins’ replacement at ND backing her up in the WNBA.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9297



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the fans hate Fred Williams, and want him fired ...

But there's a lot more to coaching than game management, and especially at this level, it's important that the players have a good relationship with the coach at a number of levels, and so my question is this: Does anyone know how players feel about Fred?

If they like him, and enjoy playing for him, that counts for a great deal in a league where players can decide not to show up, or even dictate trades. And if they do like him, that might explain why he's still employed when outsiders think he should have been gone two years ago.

So does anyone have any input from players about Fred?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23124



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always heard that Fred is a players' coach and personally likable. Davis may not like him because he doesn't play her 'enough' but I suspect most of the players do like him. No hard data though and players do also like to win...



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It may be more important that the owner and GM like Fred.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7571
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It may be more important that the owner and GM like Fred.


Barely....



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
It may be more important that the owner and GM like Fred.


Barely....


The W-L columns determine a coach's success. These players' progressing talents are significant enough to draw attention to where the team weakness lies. Last year the post position was oft mentioned - weakness no more. It is a young team in the process of growing together, hopefully. Lots of talent. And they have not played with a full healthy roster. Fred is probably here another year as long as they make the playoffs.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49347



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Fred is probably here another year as long as they make the playoffs.


Making the playoffs is a very low bar for this talented roster.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, the numbers suggest Dallas are much better than a .500 team so far this season (and Atlanta much worse, despite both currently being .500 in the standings). Actual record tends to normalise towards projected record the more games teams play, so Fred should end up looking better than he does right now.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For what it's worth, the numbers suggest Dallas are much better than a .500 team so far this season (and Atlanta much worse, despite both currently being .500 in the standings). Actual record tends to normalise towards projected record the more games teams play, so Fred should end up looking better than he does right now.


Basketball ref say Dallas' expected record is 9-7, while the Dream's expected result is 6-10 using their "pythagorean" rule. We'll see how this plays out the rest of the season.


Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Fred is probably here another year as long as they make the playoffs.


Making the playoffs is a very low bar for this talented roster.


Agreed. IMHO Fred is in the lower tier of coaches based on years coached and yet to win 20 games. Only Stocks and the two rookie coaches haven't won 20 of current coaches. Fred said recently he yelled unrepeatable words at the players during a game in an attempt to get better playing results. Maybe someone should yell at Fred.


Skyfan22



Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 245



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred runs this god awful play in The 2nd half where he swings Diggins over to the off guard and sets a double screen at the block for her. She makes some sort of cut and gets knocked off her route. The play has yet to elicit even a shot as a turnover is a forgone event. He ran it repeatedly at LA leading to the loss of their lead and ultimate demise. And I have seen it in every game since. I am asking here, that he remove the play from use, but it’s utter failure leads to my recommendation that he remove it from his own internal queue as well.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57517
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He used to run that nonsense in Atlanta too



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings look quite different now then when everyone thought at the beginning of the season.

PG: Diggins/Romero
SG: Gray/Hill/Davis
SF: Thornton/Stevens
PF: Johnson/George
C: Cambage/Plaisance
IR: Christmas-Kelly



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/23/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With as little playing time as Romero logs, could this mean some point guard for THill?
What are THill's assets?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7571
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/23/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
With as little playing time as Romero logs, could this mean some point guard for THill?
What are THill's assets?


Sad to say not being that durable is the only assett shes shown so far. Pre injury she was a double digit scorer using her 1st step as her biggest advantage. Not sure if she still has that step post injury. She also missed a season due to pregnancy so its hard to guage. Eye test says powers is the better player but hill may be the better fit.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5120
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/23/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
With as little playing time as Romero logs, could this mean some point guard for THill?
What are THill's assets?


Sad to say not being that durable is the only assett shes shown so far. Pre injury she was a double digit scorer using her 1st step as her biggest advantage. Not sure if she still has that step post injury. She also missed a season due to pregnancy so its hard to guage. Eye test says powers is the better player but hill may be the better fit.


I thought Ariel was a good asset and good fit. Sad to see her go.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17163
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Wings look quite different now then when everyone thought at the beginning of the season.

PG: Diggins/Romero
SG: Gray/Hill/Davis
SF: Thornton/Stevens
PF: Johnson/George
C: Cambage/Plaisance
IR: Christmas-Kelly


Stevens is not a small forward. She is a post player with shooting range, but she cannot play the 3, offensively and defensively.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Wings look quite different now then when everyone thought at the beginning of the season.

PG: Diggins/Romero
SG: Gray/Hill/Davis
SF: Thornton/Stevens
PF: Johnson/George
C: Cambage/Plaisance
IR: Christmas-Kelly


Stevens is not a small forward. She is a post player with shooting range, but she cannot play the 3, offensively and defensively.

They have kinda used her there, though. Also, they use Thornton to guard whoever the biggest threat is anywhere from 1 to 4, which shifts everyone else around a bit. But I agree that long-term she's probably a stretch 4, rather than a big 3, and any lineups with her and two other true posts will be a touch gimmicky.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Wings look quite different now then when everyone thought at the beginning of the season.

PG: Diggins/Romero
SG: Gray/Hill/Davis
SF: Thornton/Stevens
PF: Johnson/George
C: Cambage/Plaisance
IR: Christmas-Kelly


Stevens is not a small forward. She is a post player with shooting range, but she cannot play the 3, offensively and defensively.


Usually Stevens only plays PF when Cambage is out. Otherwise she's been playing SF since the Wings have had Johnson back.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7571
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Wings look quite different now then when everyone thought at the beginning of the season.

PG: Diggins/Romero
SG: Gray/Hill/Davis
SF: Thornton/Stevens
PF: Johnson/George
C: Cambage/Plaisance
IR: Christmas-Kelly


Stevens is not a small forward. She is a post player with shooting range, but she cannot play the 3, offensively and defensively.


Usually Stevens only plays PF when Cambage is out. Otherwise she's been playing SF since the Wings have had Johnson back.


Agreed with toad.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Skyfan22



Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 245



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49347



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


She did sign a multi-year deal.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


She did sign a multi-year deal.


Probably means just a two year deal. She'll be a RFA after 2019 season.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1365



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


She did sign a multi-year deal.


Probably means just a two year deal. She'll be a RFA after 2019 season.


I could see her trying to make her way to LA, I’m sure Dallas will match, but she could sit out unless they are willing to move her. Maybe trading her for Nneka would work if Liz has another solid season next year.
ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/01/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


She did sign a multi-year deal.


Probably means just a two year deal. She'll be a RFA after 2019 season.


I could see her trying to make her way to LA, I’m sure Dallas will match, but she could sit out unless they are willing to move her. Maybe trading her for Nneka would work if Liz has another solid season next year.


I don't see Dallas letting Liz go, especially after doing all of the work to get her back in the league. I would LOVE for Nneka to be on the Wings, but she is the heir to Parker for be the face of the Sparks.

At this point, could Liz be the ONLY untouchable player on the Wings?


Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/02/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


She did sign a multi-year deal.


Probably means just a two year deal. She'll be a RFA after 2019 season.


I could see her trying to make her way to LA, I’m sure Dallas will match, but she could sit out unless they are willing to move her. Maybe trading her for Nneka would work if Liz has another solid season next year.


I don't see Dallas letting Liz go, especially after doing all of the work to get her back in the league. I would LOVE for Nneka to be on the Wings, but she is the heir to Parker for be the face of the Sparks.

At this point, could Liz be the ONLY untouchable player on the Wings?


Untouchable
The term is hard to look as absolute when a player like della donne (and others) can be thought of as untouchable, then demand a trade...and so much for untouchable. With the low salary cap, teams can either find the trade or watch their star go make big bucks elsewhere while sitting out the WNBA. But as far as untouchable value, Liz and Skylar are at the top


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7571
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/02/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since her T was rescinded i wish they could rescind that 1 pt! We would have went to OT instead of losing by 1. #DamnRefs



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57517
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings list All-Star Liz Cambage as questionable to play against Atlanta Dream, status for road trip unknown

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/08/09/source-wings-star-liz-cambage-listed-questionable-play-atlanta-dream

Quote:
The team will have a decision on her status for the upcoming three-game road trip on Friday.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh look, it's a Wings player liable to miss time due to a totally-not-a-concussion-we-swear-honest. Can't remember that ever happening before...



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57517
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Oh look, it's a Wings player liable to miss time due to a totally-not-a-concussion-we-swear-honest. Can't remember that ever happening before...


Neither can the players...



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Oh look, it's a Wings player liable to miss time due to a totally-not-a-concussion-we-swear-honest. Can't remember that ever happening before...


Neither can the players...


That was subtle... Laughing Laughing


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That end of season losing streak is looking more and more likely.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57517
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24381686/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-says-return-wnba-2019-the-air

Quote:
"I've said this many times: [The WNBA] doesn't pay my bills ... playing here doesn't pay my bills," Cambage said. "We make more money overseas. I'm ready to have next summer off and focus on getting a European contract where its 10 seasons here worth the pay.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23124



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24381686/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-says-return-wnba-2019-the-air

Quote:
"I've said this many times: [The WNBA] doesn't pay my bills ... playing here doesn't pay my bills," Cambage said. "We make more money overseas. I'm ready to have next summer off and focus on getting a European contract where its 10 seasons here worth the pay.


That pretty much sums up their season. It loses it's fun aspect when you lose, and I'm sure flying coach in that big body is not fun! She clearly doesn't like the physicality. I can totally see her point and can't blame her, but Dallas will need to do a total re-start without her. I doubt we will ever see her again in the W.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Hoops9092



Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1396



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She isn't wrong. The WNBA is not able to do what the overseas leagues are. Heck, I'd probably have the same perspective.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6809



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do other leagues like the WNBL and China have different rule books, or do they just call the game closer to the rule book? Or maybe players are not as inclined to break the rules.

Fred getting fired may have been a factor as well in her deciding 2019 was unlikely.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20695
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage whines about the physicality in Australia, she whines about the physicality in the WNBA, and from what I remember she tended to get frustrated enough to elbow people in the head in China. At some point she may have to accept that what she considers overly physical is what most people call 'basketball'.

On the other stuff, I totally see where she's coming from. A lot of players want to play in the US because they're American, and it means playing in their home country, occasionally on ESPN, often in front of friends and family. That doesn't apply to her. Some players are driven to test themselves in the most competitive, talent-concentrated league in the world - but Liz has never really seemed to be motivated like that. Some have such an obsession with basketball that they want to keep playing wherever wants them - and again that doesn't apply to Liz.

Given all that, from her perspective, I can see why she's just not all that drawn to coming back to the WNBA year after year. Makes it a pain in the ass for the WIngs to try to build their team, though.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49347



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
She isn't wrong. The WNBA is not able to do what the overseas leagues are. Heck, I'd probably have the same perspective.


But she uses the notoriety gained by doing well in the WNBA to secure the mega-money contracts. Record high scoring game in WNBA and near MVP performance has gotta be worth top dollar. Well-played, Cambage. In that way, the WNBA more than pays the bills. But she probably doesn’t look at it that way. She just looks at all the fines she gets from the WNBA.

There could be other reasons she might not want to return, like the firing of Fred. Maybe hiring Erin Phillips will ease that pain if there was any. Maybe this kind of talk is Cambage’s way of influencing her hire.

Or maybe all the stuff with the refs.... she wants the players (namely her) to be allowed to be more emotional even though she’s kind of a big baby when stuff happens to her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7571
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
She isn't wrong. The WNBA is not able to do what the overseas leagues are. Heck, I'd probably have the same perspective.


Yes , Im not surprised to hear Liz say these things. She's speaking the truth , and i dont blame her. Sucks for us Wings fans though , but i wont be mad. Maybe this is something Fred also knew and decided to slide into the lottery as a back up plan. Bibb might not have been the in the loop to understand and gave him the boot too soon ? Nvm Fred was horrible no such thing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This season in the WNBA probably gives her a big increase on whatever the next contract she signs is. Who wouldn't want a player that scored 53 points in the WNBA game? Bad news for Dallas but even without Cambage they have a team as good as most with the right coaching. Maybe Johnson could play the 5 in the same way that undersized players like Howard and Sanders are doing. Stevens at the 4. If Christmas comes back Gray and Diggins along with a good draft pick they should be fine. Despite all the points and rebounds Liz has not helped Dallas improve its record over last season. They need a good coach more than they need Liz.

I'd love to see her stick around - she is one of my favorites but I get what she is saying.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49347



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Did y’all note that Liz mentioned playing in the WNBA next year in her most game interview 2 times?


This comment is from July. See how quickly she flip-flops? That’s like SpaceJunkie flip-flopping on how he feels about Reeve and the Howard trade Wink

Cambage is very moody and not very filtered (kinda like people on this board). If the reporter catches her with these questions after a disappointing (8th in a row?) loss, she’s going to give moody answers she may or may not mean later. If I was Bibb, I would consider pampering Cambage’s butt in whatever legal ways he can. Make her feel like the diva she yearns to be (think Mariah Carey of the basketball world). Maybe a free driver, maybe flowers delivered on the daily? It’s probably not really all about the money. Just make her feel wanted.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well,I said it before Liz made her return....Cambage is using the WNBA as leverage to get a big overseas contract(nothing wrong with that)....Once she signs a lucrative deal,she's going to split.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17637



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I take this as this will be her last season in the W.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz "Big Foot" Cambage may be back next year. I mean gone.

Too bad they speak the language in Australia. Otherwise Bibb could just hire a "translator" to say the right things no matter what the player say herself.


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there's a 80/20 chance Liz doesn't comeback to the WNBA in 2019. Greg Bibb probably wants to get into the lottery for Brown or McCowan


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1365



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This season in the WNBA probably gives her a big increase on whatever the next contract she signs is. Who wouldn't want a player that scored 53 points in the WNBA game? Bad news for Dallas but even without Cambage they have a team as good as most with the right coaching. Maybe Johnson could play the 5 in the same way that undersized players like Howard and Sanders are doing. Stevens at the 4. If Christmas comes back Gray and Diggins along with a good draft pick they should be fine. Despite all the points and rebounds Liz has not helped Dallas improve its record over last season. They need a good coach more than they need Liz.

I'd love to see her stick around - she is one of my favorites but I get what she is saying.


I agree with this, I’m not really sold on Gray being an impact player tho, the wings will need someone who could go off consistently in the draft if they want to still be competitive next year without Liz. Maybe they could move up and take Durr in the draft.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin