Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/30/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Hopes for enough wins to make the playoffs will keep Fred as coach.

This is why I'm torn on how I want Dallas to do this year. They're a talented roster who appear to need just one more personnel move to reach their full potential. WFFLs have been starved of success, so I get the attraction of finishing in the upper half of the standings, but being a legit title contender should be the aim.

BINGO! Luuc you could not have said this any better

So what you are asking of the Wings is to make the finals or drop kick Fred? Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/30/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Hopes for enough wins to make the playoffs will keep Fred as coach.

This is why I'm torn on how I want Dallas to do this year. They're a talented roster who appear to need just one more personnel move to reach their full potential. WFFLs have been starved of success, so I get the attraction of finishing in the upper half of the standings, but being a legit title contender should be the aim.

BINGO! Luuc you could not have said this any better

So what you are asking of the Wings is to make the finals or drop kick Fred? Very Happy

Drop Dead Fred Laughing

PostPosted: 05/30/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
If she is ever healthy how about

Davis (or Powers) and Dallas' 2nd round pick in 19 for Jefferson

Laimbeer likes big guards and the Wings could move Sky off the ball

Jefferson/Chong
Diggins-Smith/Gray
KCK/Thorton/Powers
GloJo/Stevens
Cambage/Plaisance/Lewis

L. Allen/Plum
McBride/Davis
Young/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
Bone/Swords/Park

We have diggins no need for jefferson.

trade Diggins...what can she fetch?.... (just kidding)

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/30/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Gotta get Liz the ball.

Wings guards need to practice getting the ball to Liz when she first post up. They wait a bit too long after the defenders get their reads, and it results in a steal sometimes.

Mojo

PostPosted: 05/31/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A good coach will figure out how to get the most out of every player. Tap the resources. If the shooting guard position is not producing, create plays to accentuate their abilities. If all five positions are a threat, it opens up each position for greater possibilities. Liz can't shoot every time. High five for Thornton producing.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of them only look for their own every time whether she is there or not, thats the problem.

chapulana

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seem to have all the talent on paper and individually but they can't put it together once they step in the court as a group. So frustrating.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chapulana wrote:
Seem to have all the talent on paper and individually but they can't put it together once they step in the court as a group. So frustrating.

Sounds like a coaching problem

PostPosted: 05/31/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

Could totally be. Skylar had so many flagrant me-first moments the other night, it was ridiculous...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/31/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chapulana wrote:
pilight wrote:
chapulana wrote:

Could totally be. Skylar had so many flagrant me-first moments the other night, it was ridiculous...

Her shot was falling , i wanted her to shoot it heck . She was showing flashes of Steph Curry that first half .

PostPosted: 05/31/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leticia Romero for Chong. I've never seen Romero play, but she was pretty hyped for an international player in college.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/31/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terrible move. Maybe the Liberty can pick up Chong?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/31/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't surprise me that they're trying a different backup point guard. They've already been using Kaela Davis as the de facto backup a lot of the time, so Fred had clearly lost any confidence in Chong. Now she gets to join that Colson, Kiesel etc. train of interchangable backup PGs waiting on the couch for a phone call.

Bit surprised that Romero was still in the country and therefore available at short notice.

PostPosted: 05/31/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I dont think its too terrible , we were already looking to find and improvement from chong during the draft with hopeful Goodwin , but Chong outshined her. Chong is not a threat on offense although she doesnt turn the ball over she's more a filler at PG than a weapon . Romero has yet to play in the league so not sure what to expect . I do know shes a bigger guard than Chong with better court vision , whether she develops better than chong is yet to be seen. I actually like this move and feel Romero can make our 2nd unit even stronger rather then always running half court sets and not being aggressive on fast breaks ala Chong .

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked Chong. She had good hands on defense. I don’t get though why she could never make a 3. She shot them all the time in college

pilight

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I liked Chong. She had good hands on defense. I don’t get though why she could never make a 3. She shot them all the time in college

The WNBA line is further out than the college line

PostPosted: 05/31/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I dont think its too terrible , we were already looking to find and improvement from chong during the draft with hopeful Goodwin , but Chong outshined her. Chong is not a threat on offense although she doesnt turn the ball over she's more a filler at PG than a weapon . Romero has yet to play in the league so not sure what to expect . I do know shes a bigger guard than Chong with better court vision , whether she develops better than chong is yet to be seen. I actually like this move and feel Romero can make our 2nd unit even stronger rather then always running half court sets and not being aggressive on fast breaks ala Chong .

Chong beat out a player last year who was quicker and more aggressive. So I am not surprised she was the choice. I thought Goodwin stood a chance until the preseason game with lots of turnovers. Agreed on your Chong comments.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we can afford it and still have 3 players out and qualify for the hardship exemption I would definitely give Chang an audition in NY.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/02/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blow a 17 lead against the shorthanded Liberty.Then nearly cough up a 26 point lead at home against a Birdless Storm team.I understand Dallas is playing without multiple players.But that’s still no excuse.............I can no longer invest my time and energy into watching sports.....It feels as if I’m on an emotional rollercoaster...When my team wins,i’m emotionally drained and tired...But when the lose,I’m on the edge,and ready to snap at the first person who says anything to me...I could literally feel my blood pressure rising during tonight's Wings/Storm game.....Sports is supposed to be fun and entertaining...But most of the time I'm just emotionally drained,tired,upset and sick...And it’s not just the Dallas Wings...It's the mediocre Head coaches,terrible officiating,and unlistenable commentating...The NBA is no better...I nearly had an emotional breakdown after game 1 of the NBA finals.The officiating was absolutely embarrassing....After Dallas' last two rollercoaster games,and gm 1 of the NBA finals...I need to take a break from sports.....My mental and emotional well being is my #1 priority.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/03/18 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Blow a 17 lead against the shorthanded Liberty.Then nearly cough up a 26 point lead at home against a Birdless Storm team.I understand Dallas is playing without multiple players.But that’s still no excuse.............I can no longer invest my time and energy into watching sports.....It feels as if I’m on an emotional rollercoaster...When my team wins,i’m emotionally drained and tired...But when the lose,I’m on the edge,and ready to snap at the first person who says anything to me...I could literally feel my blood pressure rising during tonight's Wings/Storm game.....Sports is supposed to be fun and entertaining...But most of the time I'm just emotionally drained,tired,upset and sick...And it’s not just the Dallas Wings...It's the mediocre Head coaches,terrible officiating,and unlistenable commentating...The NBA is no better...I nearly had an emotional breakdown after game 1 of the NBA finals.The officiating was absolutely embarrassing....After Dallas' last two rollercoaster games,and gm 1 of the NBA finals...I need to take a break from sports.....My mental and emotional well being is my #1 priority.

Hmmm, sounds similar to an issue I had in May! Except my issue was in regard to my kid’s Select Basketball games. Now, I stopped going to his games and instead get to go to the Wings games and holler/chastise refs/act a fool, and wonderfully, without harming what is truly imperative in my life. maybe a bit of perspective change would be of benefit. The Wings are a wonderful outlet. Use them as a release valve for the rigors of daily life. Scream with them, scream at them, love them, hate 1 or 2, visit with the spectators around you.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/03/18 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Hmmm, sounds similar to an issue I had in May! Except my issue was in regard to my kid’s Select Basketball games. Now, I stopped going to his games and instead get to go to the Wings games and holler/chastise refs/act a fool, and wonderfully, without harming what is truly imperative in my life. maybe a bit of perspective change would be of benefit. The Wings are a wonderful outlet. Use them as a release valve for the rigors of daily life. Scream with them, scream at them, love them, hate 1 or 2, visit with the spectators around you.

To be honest, these issues only arise when I want a team/player to win.......I enjoy watching games where I have no emotional stake in who wins/loses….I felt emotionally satisfied after watching the NY/IND game.The Liberty choking away a big lead had no effect on me.I was just happy to see Nurse/KM have good games...I started watching the Dal/Sea game while the NY/IND game was still in progress...I was stoked...26 point lead midway through the 2nd quarter...Then all of a sudden,Dallas gives away the entire lead.I was furious...Maybe it would be best if I just appreciate the players without having an interest in the outcome of the game.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/03/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

To be honest, these issues only arise when I want a team/player to win.......I enjoy watching games where I have no emotional stake in who wins/loses….I felt emotionally satisfied after watching the NY/IND game.The Liberty choking away a big lead had no effect on me.I was just happy to see Nurse/KM have good games...I started watching the Dal/Sea game while the NY/IND game was still in progress...I was stoked...26 point lead midway through the 2nd quarter...Then all of a sudden,Dallas gives away the entire lead.I was furious...Maybe it would be best if I just appreciate the players without having an interest in the outcome of the game.

Regardless of how you use it, it’s a wonderful medium. Use it whichever way works best for you. Prior to the pressures/responsibilities associated with middle age, I used to get butt-hurt over my team’s losses. I mean, my family are/were long suffering Wings, Cubs and Bears fans. For me, I’m going to enjoy this roller coaster the Wings will take us on as suggested by Alanis Morissette.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/03/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Regardless of how you use it, it’s a wonderful medium. Use it whichever way works best for you. Prior to the pressures/responsibilities associated with middle age, I used to get butt-hurt over my team’s losses. I mean, my family are/were long suffering Wings, Cubs and Bears fans. For me, I’m going to enjoy this roller coaster the Wings will take us on as suggested by Alanis Morissette.

I find it is a lot harder when you think my team is, or just might be, a contender. Then losses are harder to take because it undermines the faith and hope I have that the team will be as good as I hope. The more likely it is my team will lose, the easier I find it to be a fan by enjoying the upset wins, and root for the players' individual accomplishments more than the team's won and lost column. Sports is entertainment, and if I detach from the outcome it is more entertaining.

justinabina

PostPosted: 06/03/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sound advice from Randy & Skyfan22. Agree with Randy about it being easier to watch games where you're rooting for the underdog, or not a particular fan of either team.

zune69, I can relate. I have a pretty demanding job, and watching basketball is supposed to be my low-stakes stress outlet... but sometimes it causes more stress! If I'm overly invested in a game - to the point where I'm feeling seriously disappointed about a loss more than a few hours later, instead of just moving on to real-world things like I should - I sometimes take a break from watching and checking sites like this for a few games. It helps readjust perspective. Razz

zune69

PostPosted: 06/03/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I find it is a lot harder when you think my team is, or just might be, a contender. Then losses are harder to take because it undermines the faith and hope I have that the team will be as good as I hope. The more likely it is my team will lose, the easier I find it to be a fan by enjoying the upset wins, and root for the players' individual accomplishments more than the team's won and lost column. Sports is entertainment, and if I detach from the outcome it is more entertaining.

Yeah...It was much easier accepting a Dallas loss when they was starting a backup center.....Blowing a 17 & 26 point lead when you have two MVP caliber players only magnifies the frustration.

@ justinabina,Randy & Skyfan22

Thanks for the Feedback...I’ll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 34 of 41

Jump to: